• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views
    Results 1 to 7 of 7
    Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By ebullere

    Thread: Dream Telepathv vs. Dream Plane Hypothesis

    1. #1
      Klara Songi Achievements:
      Referrer Gold Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Huge Dream Journal Veteran Second Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>WakingNomad</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      LD Count
      999
      Gender
      Location
      honolulu, Hawaii
      Posts
      5,767
      Likes
      2082
      DJ Entries
      466

      Dream Telepathv vs. Dream Plane Hypothesis

      You have these ideas about dreams, and you don't know where you got them.

      They've been pre-progammed into you.

      2 basic hypotheses to shared dreaming.

      1) Dream telepathy. Shared dreaming is like ESP. You come into my dream, i go into your dream. More powerful telepaths (like myself), are going to be able to share dreams more easily because of this. We have the power to make you lucid. We have the power to help you remember your dreams.

      2) Dream Plane. The Dream Plane is a place outside of our minds. It exists whether we are awake or asleep, alive or dead. More powerful oneiromancers (like myself) will be able to be more adept on this plane. You have the power to make you lucid. You have the power to help you remember your dreams.

      I personally believe in the second one. If you believe in the first one, fine. Find out for yourself. If you want me to do things like make you lucid, or help you remember your dreams, then you may join the Chaotes of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, and worship me in spirit and in truth.

      mahalo
      Shared Dreaming FAQ's (click)

      PSYBLADE: The Advanced Serial Dream RPG
      Dreamwalkers Forum
      Ye Olde Nomad Kronichles (my olde DJ) (click!)
      "This is my real life.
      The other one is a passing dream.
      While we are living the other,
      this one seems a dream.
      "

    2. #2
      Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Populated Wall 3 years registered Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>EbbTide000</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Gender
      Location
      Adelaide, South Australia
      Posts
      2,056
      Likes
      610
      DJ Entries
      104

      Stick-that-in-your-pipe-and-smoke-it.

      Mmmmmmmm

      In 2005 a teacher told the class that we must open an email account if we don’t have one because if we can’t make it to class we can send our assignments in by email attachment and the teacher will reply by email. So after 5 or so goes I made an email address and, (finally) remembered my password.

      Then Yahoo kept sending me emails to pick a yahoo group. Finally, (in August 2005) I pick a group called “Psi-Dreams” yahoogroup just to see what would happen. What happened was I was inundated with emails from iasd Psi-Dreams yahoogroup. I would open one or two but it would be usually a meaningless bit of chatter, as in, two to ten words. So I would delete the rest unopened.

      On Saturday March 1st 2008, I woke out of an absorbing dream with a monk in a brown robe and my mum in it. I wrote it all down to send to a friend interstate. But when I got to an internet café to email the dream I only had one email in my in-box so I opened it. In March 2008 I new nothing about online dream forums and nothing about what you guys talk about on dream forums. But, (shocked and amazed) spontaneously, somehow, I had mutual dreamed with Jennifer Dumpert's dream group.

      I made another registration because I had forgotten the password to the Anonanon1959 one that I used 3 years earlier to register cos yahoo was nagging me to join one of it’s yahoogroups. I jumped on with the same address I use here. I told them what had happened.

      For nearly 4 years now I have participated in and hosted anything to do with what brought me online.

      But, Waking Nomad

      I am not familiar with the two ideas you postulate below:

      *****WakingNomad wrote:

      Dream Telepathv vs. Dream Plane Hypothesis

      You have these ideas about dreams, and you don't know where you got them.

      They've been pre-progammed into you.

      2 basic hypotheses to shared dreaming.

      1) Dream telepathy. Shared dreaming is like ESP. You come into my dream, i go into your dream. More powerful telepaths (like myself), are going to be able to share dreams more easily because of this. We have the power to make you lucid. We have the power to help you remember your dreams.

      2) Dream Plane. The Dream Plane is a place outside of our minds. It exists whether we are awake or asleep, alive or dead. More powerful oneiromancers (like myself) will be able to be more adept on this plane. You have the power to make you lucid. You have the power to help you remember your dreams.

      I personally believe in the second one. If you believe in the first one, fine. Find out for yourself. If you want me to do things like make you lucid, or help you remember your dreams, then you may join the Chaotes of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, and worship me in spirit and in truth.

      mahalo *****


      Waking Nomad

      My hypothesis is

      God came into existence billions of year’s after all organic life froze out of the universe. He came into existence when the whole universe, (that started with the Big Bang) cooled down to the critical “Absolute Zero”.

      When the whole universe hit’s “Absolute Zero” the Einstien thing and String Theory thing happens. Matter offers no resistance to Energy so Energy speeds up, instantly, to beyond imagining, and God is born. He/She is instantly everywhere and throughout all time instantly, (in the NowHere, the nowhere).

      Now

      We are One

      All matter, Now, has a second life, a united consciousness. That second life, that consciousness, is The Eternal Beloved, (that is, The One True God) that came into existence billions of year’s after all organic life died, due to the cooling of the universe.

      Before the Einstien thing and the String Theory thing happen, billions of years after all life in the universe died out, plants and animals etcetera were just organic, soulless machines. There was no ghost in the machine and no afterlife.

      So

      The power of dreams comes from the Eternal Beloved.

      That Being, (The Eternal Beloved) who came into existence at the end of time and space is our Eternal Soul, and our Eternal Life.

      Waking Nomad

      Stick-that-n-your-pipe-nd-smoke-it.
      Deeply missing Bob Van Der Castle, my avatar partner on the sacred beach. I am now, EbbTide000.


      EBB TIDE-THE PLATTERS: http://youtu.be/N3YziPqd2cs

      formerly Havago

    3. #3
      Klara Songi Achievements:
      Referrer Gold Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Huge Dream Journal Veteran Second Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>WakingNomad</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      LD Count
      999
      Gender
      Location
      honolulu, Hawaii
      Posts
      5,767
      Likes
      2082
      DJ Entries
      466
      Quote Originally Posted by debrajane View Post
      Mmmmmmmm

      In 2005 a teacher told the class that we must open an email account if we don’t have one because if we can’t make it to class we can send our assignments in by email attachment and the teacher will reply by email. So after 5 or so goes I made an email address and, (finally) remembered my password.

      Then Yahoo kept sending me emails to pick a yahoo group. Finally, (in August 2005) I pick a group called “Psi-Dreams” yahoogroup just to see what would happen. What happened was I was inundated with emails from iasd Psi-Dreams yahoogroup. I would open one or two but it would be usually a meaningless bit of chatter, as in, two to ten words. So I would delete the rest unopened.

      On Saturday March 1st 2008, I woke out of an absorbing dream with a monk in a brown robe and my mum in it. I wrote it all down to send to a friend interstate. But when I got to an internet café to email the dream I only had one email in my in-box so I opened it. In March 2008 I new nothing about online dream forums and nothing about what you guys talk about on dream forums. But, (shocked and amazed) spontaneously, somehow, I had mutual dreamed with Jennifer Dumpert's dream group.

      I made another registration because I had forgotten the password to the Anonanon1959 one that I used 3 years earlier to register cos yahoo was nagging me to join one of it’s yahoogroups. I jumped on with the same address I use here. I told them what had happened.

      For nearly 4 years now I have participated in and hosted anything to do with what brought me online.

      But, Waking Nomad

      I am not familiar with the two ideas you postulate below:

      *****WakingNomad wrote:

      Dream Telepathv vs. Dream Plane Hypothesis

      You have these ideas about dreams, and you don't know where you got them.

      They've been pre-progammed into you.

      2 basic hypotheses to shared dreaming.

      1) Dream telepathy. Shared dreaming is like ESP. You come into my dream, i go into your dream. More powerful telepaths (like myself), are going to be able to share dreams more easily because of this. We have the power to make you lucid. We have the power to help you remember your dreams.

      2) Dream Plane. The Dream Plane is a place outside of our minds. It exists whether we are awake or asleep, alive or dead. More powerful oneiromancers (like myself) will be able to be more adept on this plane. You have the power to make you lucid. You have the power to help you remember your dreams.

      I personally believe in the second one. If you believe in the first one, fine. Find out for yourself. If you want me to do things like make you lucid, or help you remember your dreams, then you may join the Chaotes of The Flying Spaghetti Monster, and worship me in spirit and in truth.

      mahalo *****


      Waking Nomad

      My hypothesis is

      God came into existence billions of year’s after all organic life froze out of the universe. He came into existence when the whole universe, (that started with the Big Bang) cooled down to the critical “Absolute Zero”.

      When the whole universe hit’s “Absolute Zero” the Einstien thing and String Theory thing happens. Matter offers no resistance to Energy so Energy speeds up, instantly, to beyond imagining, and God is born. He/She is instantly everywhere and throughout all time instantly, (in the NowHere, the nowhere).

      Now

      We are One

      All matter, Now, has a second life, a united consciousness. That second life, that consciousness, is The Eternal Beloved, (that is, The One True God) that came into existence billions of year’s after all organic life died, due to the cooling of the universe.

      Before the Einstien thing and the String Theory thing happen, billions of years after all life in the universe died out, plants and animals etcetera were just organic, soulless machines. There was no ghost in the machine and no afterlife.

      So

      The power of dreams comes from the Eternal Beloved.

      That Being, (The Eternal Beloved) who came into existence at the end of time and space is our Eternal Soul, and our Eternal Life.

      Waking Nomad

      Stick-that-n-your-pipe-nd-smoke-it.
      yes. but I was talking about shared dreaming hypotheses.
      Shared Dreaming FAQ's (click)

      PSYBLADE: The Advanced Serial Dream RPG
      Dreamwalkers Forum
      Ye Olde Nomad Kronichles (my olde DJ) (click!)
      "This is my real life.
      The other one is a passing dream.
      While we are living the other,
      this one seems a dream.
      "

    4. #4
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered Referrer Bronze
      shadowofwind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Posts
      1,345
      Likes
      928
      Quote Originally Posted by debrajane View Post
      For nearly 4 years now I have participated in and hosted anything to do with what brought me online.

      But, Waking Nomad

      I am not familiar with the two ideas you postulate below
      If you don't mind my interjecting to explain a little, from my perspective....WakingNomad explores a collective dream world which he describes as a 'dream plane'. Skeptics of the paranormal think its pretty much made up, and have criticized it extensively. Other people have various other views which grant the possibility of shared dream experience, but still think that details ascribed to the dream plane, such as astral police, are mostly personal and subjective.

      The topic has interested me because I've been trying to find a better understanding of my own experiences, and none of the existing models, so to speak, seem to fit very well. I probably fall more into the anti-dream plane faction, but agree with WakingNomad that there isn't much point in substituting opinion for exploration.

      With a couple of exceptions, all of my 'shared dream' experiences involve shared thoughts, but very little in the way of a shared projected environment. I don't pursue those experiences, but seem to average a couple of week. I had one experience where I was on a "dream plane", but I experienced it as an actual airplane, as a play on words, and WakingNomad was on it, threatening to throw me off. I think there was an actual shared aspect to that dream, that it wasn't just a projection from my end. But as is usually the case with me, it was more a conscious interaction of thought, feeling, and motive than a sensate lucid dream.

      I had another experience, a couple of years ago, where I seemed to be aware of some other minds as if behind a wall, and they regarded me as being unaware of space. At that time, I assumed that they were suggesting that I tend to assign locations to objects entirely based on what they are and their interrelationships with other objects, and that there is some other way of thinking about this. With retrospect, they were dreamers more like WakingNomad, and were merely remarking that I was blind to their collective projected dream experience.

      On the surface, WakingNomad appears to some people to be staggeringly arrogant about his dream prowess, unaware that other people are more developed in areas that he's less developed in, even though he's more developed than them in other ways. But I think that underneath he knows that, and mostly he's just joking and having fun.

    5. #5
      Klara Songi Achievements:
      Referrer Gold Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Huge Dream Journal Veteran Second Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>WakingNomad</span>'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      LD Count
      999
      Gender
      Location
      honolulu, Hawaii
      Posts
      5,767
      Likes
      2082
      DJ Entries
      466
      Quote Originally Posted by shadowofwind View Post
      If you don't mind my interjecting to explain a little, from my perspective....WakingNomad explores a collective dream world which he describes as a 'dream plane'. Skeptics of the paranormal think its pretty much made up, and have criticized it extensively. Other people have various other views which grant the possibility of shared dream experience, but still think that details ascribed to the dream plane, such as astral police, are mostly personal and subjective.

      The topic has interested me because I've been trying to find a better understanding of my own experiences, and none of the existing models, so to speak, seem to fit very well. I probably fall more into the anti-dream plane faction, but agree with WakingNomad that there isn't much point in substituting opinion for exploration.

      With a couple of exceptions, all of my 'shared dream' experiences involve shared thoughts, but very little in the way of a shared projected environment. I don't pursue those experiences, but seem to average a couple of week. I had one experience where I was on a "dream plane", but I experienced it as an actual airplane, as a play on words, and WakingNomad was on it, threatening to throw me off. I think there was an actual shared aspect to that dream, that it wasn't just a projection from my end. But as is usually the case with me, it was more a conscious interaction of thought, feeling, and motive than a sensate lucid dream.

      I had another experience, a couple of years ago, where I seemed to be aware of some other minds as if behind a wall, and they regarded me as being unaware of space. At that time, I assumed that they were suggesting that I tend to assign locations to objects entirely based on what they are and their interrelationships with other objects, and that there is some other way of thinking about this. With retrospect, they were dreamers more like WakingNomad, and were merely remarking that I was blind to their collective projected dream experience.

      On the surface, WakingNomad appears to some people to be staggeringly arrogant about his dream prowess, unaware that other people are more developed in areas that he's less developed in, even though he's more developed than them in other ways. But I think that underneath he knows that, and mostly he's just joking and having fun.
      If I was trying to throw you off the plane, it was probably to get you to flap your arms and fly. Arrogance is just a way to get attention. In church, they gave me Second Most Humble Usher. In fact, I look at myself in the mirror every day, and say, "you are a sexy, humble beast."
      Shared Dreaming FAQ's (click)

      PSYBLADE: The Advanced Serial Dream RPG
      Dreamwalkers Forum
      Ye Olde Nomad Kronichles (my olde DJ) (click!)
      "This is my real life.
      The other one is a passing dream.
      While we are living the other,
      this one seems a dream.
      "

    6. #6
      Dream Ninja Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Referrer Silver 3 years registered
      TheModernNinja's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      LD Count
      29
      Gender
      Location
      New Zealand
      Posts
      762
      Likes
      197
      DJ Entries
      7
      I personally believe more in the first one. Not really sure though.
      Loading...

    7. #7
      procurer of fine cheeses ebullere's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      LD Count
      a lot
      Gender
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      115
      Likes
      13
      Quote Originally Posted by shadowofwind View Post
      WakingNomad explores a collective dream world which he describes as a 'dream plane'. Skeptics of the paranormal think its pretty much made up, and have criticized it extensively. Other people have various other views which grant the possibility of shared dream experience, but still think that details ascribed to the dream plane, such as astral police, are mostly personal and subjective.

      With a couple of exceptions, all of my 'shared dream' experiences involve shared thoughts, but very little in the way of a shared projected environment. I don't pursue those experiences, but seem to average a couple of week. I had one experience where I was on a "dream plane", but I experienced it as an actual airplane, as a play on words, and WakingNomad was on it, threatening to throw me off. I think there was an actual shared aspect to that dream, that it wasn't just a projection from my end. But as is usually the case with me, it was more a conscious interaction of thought, feeling, and motive than a sensate lucid dream.
      My view is of a collective dream world. What we see in this dream world is highly subjective and usually muddled with our own subconscious shit, but it's still possible for those skilled enough to communicate with others within it. But I see it more as a collective subconscious and less of a dreamland, because we can also enter it in meditative trances or with psychoactive substances.

    Similar Threads

    1. Secrets of the Dream Plane
      By WakingNomad in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 523
      Last Post: 11-16-2013, 07:16 AM
    2. Laws of the Dream Plane, Dream Battle Theory
      By WakingNomad in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 85
      Last Post: 07-12-2011, 07:20 PM
    3. Is Astral Plane The Same With Dream Plane??
      By LAUR in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 26
      Last Post: 04-30-2009, 07:02 PM

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •