• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 78
    Like Tree41Likes

    Thread: Precognition and Precognitive Dreams.

    1. #1
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 1 year registered
      flowofmysoul's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      All are lucid
      Gender
      Posts
      332
      Likes
      147
      DJ Entries
      32

      Lightbulb Precognition and Precognitive Dreams.

      If you ever experienced precognition and precognitive dreams, do you think there is a difference between these two ?

      Well, i think these 2 are completely different, but both of them are connected to Lucid Dreaming. I think it is very rare for non-lucid dreamers to experience precognitive dreams.

      Never had Precognitive Dreams or Precognition situation before i started Lucid Dreaming.


      Precognitive Dreams:
      Usually they are not accurate, in best case you will see something similar to what you saw in your dream/lucid dream.
      Happens to me, but not often, i would say once in a month or two. Nothing major, some small details or people whom i never met before, or things that i could not comprehend.
      The reason is that we dream in a different reality, most of the time we dream in a reality which is very different from ours and that is the reason why most of our future dreams are not precognitive, or we cannot comprehend them. If you read my comments before - you know what i am talking about, i am going to write a post on it soon and i will link it here.


      Precognition:
      In my case it is very accurate, i would say 100% accurate. However it is very different from Precognitive Dreams.
      They way it happens to me: Usually happens when i waiting for something, starts with a false dreaming feeling. Like a ding in a head and then suddenly i start doing RC's because i question if i am dreaming or awake, in fact even after RC's it is hard to say if i am dreaming or not, requires more RC's. When i am finally sure that i am awake i have this feeling like time is going slower and i feel some kind of dizziness, at this time i know what will happen next, there so much information coming to my head so fast that it is hard to understand everything at once, but i know for sure what will happen next. Usually duration is about 2 to 10 minutes. During this time i know what will happen in next 10 minutes.
      There is a very big BUT here, i did not dream of this situation, however i feel like it comes from dreams. You might say "you simply did not recall this dream", i am having Lucid Dreams almost every night and i usually recall them pretty well, so i do not think that i had this dream and i did not recall it.
      One more thing to note, when this ends i have a feeling like i just started a new day, i have a feeling like i lived the whole day during this situation and now this is new day.

      I am not sure exactly how this process works, but my ideas are the following:
      1- in case i did not recall my dream and i actually dreamed of this situation, i was dreaming in the same reality or dimension, or call it as you like. Which i think is a very very rare happening, we almost never dream in our home reality(reality where we live now). The reason why it happened exactly the same way i dreamed of it(which i did not recall) is because i was dreaming in our home reality, and for the same reason i could completely comprehend all information.
      2- in case i did not have this dream. This is where i need your input and help, because i am not sure how did it exactly happen in scenario where i did not have this dream.
      I think that i was awake but at the same time i was having a precognitive dream in my mind, i might not see it but i received all information from it. So i think it was an awake + precognitive dream in one, maybe in this case there are more chances to dream in our home reality.
      Maybe later i will come up with another idea, but for now this is the best i could get. I think 2nd case is more correct because i felt so.



      One of my precognition situations.
      Was on my way back to home from my university, was sitting in the bus at the back seats. Suddenly had that situation where i seriously questioned my self if i am dreaming, i did all kind of reality checks, for a minute or two i could not understand whether it was dream or not, i knew i was awake but at the same time i kept questioning my self because somewhere inside in my mind i was sure that it is a dream. When it stopped and i realized that i am awake i had this precognition situation. I was sitting at the back seats with a feeling like i am watching at everything in a 3rd person view, however it was only a feeling, i saw everything as usual. I knew that i knew what will happen right next to me, what people will say, what they will do, who will leave the bus on next bus stop, who will enter the bus, where they will sit. I knew every single detail in advance. Like a very long deja vu situation.
      It was very interesting, i knew that it is really happening and the same time i was very surprised and was thinking how exactly is this happening. I can say that the amount of information coming to my mind was extremely large, feeling like i was solving a very complicated mathematical equation, but more powerful. Every person i looked at i knew what he will do, so i just sat there and enjoyed this movie-like situation. I had this feeling like i just started a whole new day right after it ended.




      Let me know what you guys think of this and write your precognition dream and precognition situation stories here.


      Similar post:
      How does it work?
      Being more than certain of a deja vu momentq
      Precognition - seeing your future in your dreams
      Last edited by Scionox; 08-19-2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Edited by OP's request
      TASKER and VagalTone like this.

    2. #2
      Oneironaut Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points 1 year registered Populated Wall
      VagalTone's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      LD Count
      not enough!!
      Gender
      Location
      Portugal ( Coimbra )
      Posts
      667
      Likes
      642
      DJ Entries
      27
      Since I started paying attention to dreams I had 2 dreams ( nl) that challenge my understanding because of their precognitive aspect. They manifested the next day and as I saw reality events unfolding I couldn't help but feeling a sense of wonder. I can't rule out that my brain simply anticipated correctly those events as they were not that odd, but a feeling of mystery still remains in me.
      hathor28 and flowofmysoul like this.
      Alarm-DEILD * Snooze-WILD - LDing doens´t like all that effort

    3. #3
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 1 year registered
      flowofmysoul's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      All are lucid
      Gender
      Posts
      332
      Likes
      147
      DJ Entries
      32
      Quote Originally Posted by VagalTone View Post
      Since I started paying attention to dreams I had 2 dreams ( nl) that challenge my understanding because of their precognitive aspect. They manifested the next day and as I saw reality events unfolding I couldn't help but feeling a sense of wonder. I can't rule out that my brain simply anticipated correctly those events as they were not that odd, but a feeling of mystery still remains in me.
      How long have you been paying attention to your dreams?

    4. #4
      Oneironaut Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points 1 year registered Populated Wall
      VagalTone's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      LD Count
      not enough!!
      Gender
      Location
      Portugal ( Coimbra )
      Posts
      667
      Likes
      642
      DJ Entries
      27
      Since i discovered lucid dreaming , last December.

      Do you think there is a relationship between hypnagogia and precognitive dreams ? i did a google search and there seems to be. Perhaps one can get adept at hypnagogia and develop these abilities ?? ( for instance using your audiobook idea ? )

      a recent thread on this
      Precognitive dreams and Hypnagogic Hallucination
      Alarm-DEILD * Snooze-WILD - LDing doens´t like all that effort

    5. #5
      Dreamer Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points 1 year registered
      JoannaB's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      LD Count
      10.5 in 2013-14
      Gender
      Location
      Virginia
      Posts
      2,766
      Likes
      1902
      DJ Entries
      365
      Quote Originally Posted by VagalTone View Post
      Since i discovered lucid dreaming , last December.

      Do you think there is a relationship between hypnagogia and precognitive dreams ? i did a google search and there seems to be. Perhaps one can get adept at hypnagogia and develop these abilities ?? ( for instance using your audiobook idea ? )

      a recent thread on this
      Precognitive dreams and Hypnagogic Hallucination
      Do you mean whether precognitive dreams happen during hypnagogia? If that's so, the two that I believe I had were definitely not hypnagogia, they were regular REM dreams. I have enjoyed hypnagogia at times, but that's different.
      You may say I'm a dreamer.
      But I'm not the only one
      - John Lennon

    6. #6
      DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Tagger First Class 1 year registered Vivid Dream Journal
      fogelbise's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      LD Count
      220 snc Feb2013
      Gender
      Location
      where the weather hardly fights
      Posts
      1,170
      Likes
      1488
      DJ Entries
      113
      I see you have been lucid dreaming for a while so this may be a stupid question. But, is there any chance that you were experiencing a false awakening with input coming from your reality around you on the bus?

    7. #7
      Oneironaut Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points 1 year registered Populated Wall
      VagalTone's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      LD Count
      not enough!!
      Gender
      Location
      Portugal ( Coimbra )
      Posts
      667
      Likes
      642
      DJ Entries
      27
      Quote Originally Posted by JoannaB View Post
      Do you mean whether precognitive dreams happen during hypnagogia? If that's so, the two that I believe I had were definitely not hypnagogia, they were regular REM dreams. I have enjoyed hypnagogia at times, but that's different.
      No, precognitive dreams are dreams not hypnagogia, right ? HH can be precognitive too, i dont know. My question is more wether hypnagogia may facilitate subsequent precognitive dreams and other psychic stuff like telepathy, intuition.. Or if people who enjoy hypnagogia are more prone to this. I do enjoy watching my visual hypnagogia and i wonder if more people who do may have experienced precognitive dreams.
      Alarm-DEILD * Snooze-WILD - LDing doens´t like all that effort

    8. #8
      Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered Referrer Bronze
      shadowofwind's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Posts
      1,340
      Likes
      923
      Quote Originally Posted by fogelbise View Post
      I see you have been lucid dreaming for a while so this may be a stupid question. But, is there any chance that you were experiencing a false awakening with input coming from your reality around you on the bus?
      Flowofmysoul: That was my first thought too. To understand what's going on, you need to verify somehow that your knowledge precedes the actual event and not just your experience of the event, which could lag behind it. You would also need to continue to distinguish clearly between feeling that you know what will happen and actually having that knowledge.

      Both of these factors come into play during everyday waking life experience: you have the information first subconsciously, and subconscious determinations are made about what you will become consciously aware of. Typically the lag between sensate experience and the corresponding external event is very short, so we don't notice the lag. But if the delay is being significantly extended in your experience, that seems fit the symptoms you have described. (I realize there may be much more that you're aware of than what you briefly described.)

      I agree with you that the first of the two hypotheses you mentioned doesn't make as much sense, there's no reason to posit a previous dream experience.

      In the case of a precognitive dream, you can verify that its happening by writing it down, putting the time on it, and giving it to someone else before the event happens. But with the waking life experience you describe there isn't that much time.

      Given that the dream experience you describe is possible, the waking life experience seems plausible too though. Since you're more immediately in the situation, it should be easier for you to connect the precognitive impression with the corresponding events, so it doesn't have to be as loosely metaphorical.

      I don't think I have read your thoughts about 'other realities'. Based on my experience, precognition does have something to do with a meta-reality that doesn't map in an obvious way to our external reality. But it doesn't fit any of the conventional New Age or Sci-Fi ideas about parallel worlds either. Tentatively, I'm thinking that its not a collection of worlds similar to ours. Our world would be some kind of projection or cross-section of the 'meta-reality', but the other projections don't actually exist as actual worlds that we're precognitively aware of. This seems to me to be the same kind of conceptual limitation as supposing that a deja-vu experience must be preceded by a forgotten dream. But I don't really know what I'm talking about here, just saying what sort of makes sense to me.

    9. #9
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 1 year registered
      flowofmysoul's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      All are lucid
      Gender
      Posts
      332
      Likes
      147
      DJ Entries
      32
      Quote Originally Posted by VagalTone View Post
      Since i discovered lucid dreaming , last December.

      Do you think there is a relationship between hypnagogia and precognitive dreams ? i did a google search and there seems to be. Perhaps one can get adept at hypnagogia and develop these abilities ?? ( for instance using your audiobook idea ? )

      a recent thread on this
      Precognitive dreams and Hypnagogic Hallucination
      Well it is a hard question, i can answer both yes and no.

      How fast are we seeing our dreams? If they were the same length, i would answer NO. Because i do not think that it is possible to be long enough in hypnagogia to experience a precognitive dream.
      But i think that for example during 1 hour of sleep we can see the amount of events that would take more then 1 day to complete in real life. Iv had many of these situations where i woke up in the morning and i had hundreds of different dreams, and i could not understand which one to remember, which one to think of. There is no way that i could see all those dream during 1 night only! In this case there is a chance that during short period of time we might be able to experience a precognitive dream, so there is a chance that answer will be YES.

      Did it ever happen to anyone that you saw more dreams during one night then you actually could experience during one real life night time?
      I am talking about time, for example you are sure that in your dream you spent not less then 2 days, but you were sleeping for only 8 hours.

    10. #10
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 1 year registered
      flowofmysoul's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      All are lucid
      Gender
      Posts
      332
      Likes
      147
      DJ Entries
      32
      Quote Originally Posted by JoannaB View Post
      Do you mean whether precognitive dreams happen during hypnagogia? If that's so, the two that I believe I had were definitely not hypnagogia, they were regular REM dreams. I have enjoyed hypnagogia at times, but that's different.
      I also never experienced precognitive dream somewhere near hypnagogia, most of them were at the end of my sleep, usually not my first dream during night.

    11. #11
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 1 year registered
      flowofmysoul's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      All are lucid
      Gender
      Posts
      332
      Likes
      147
      DJ Entries
      32
      Quote Originally Posted by fogelbise View Post
      I see you have been lucid dreaming for a while so this may be a stupid question. But, is there any chance that you were experiencing a false awakening with input coming from your reality around you on the bus?
      Do you mean if i were sleeping during that moment and i received info from reality around me to form my dream?

    12. #12
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 1 year registered
      flowofmysoul's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      All are lucid
      Gender
      Posts
      332
      Likes
      147
      DJ Entries
      32
      Quote Originally Posted by shadowofwind View Post
      Flowofmysoul: That was my first thought too. To understand what's going on, you need to verify somehow that your knowledge precedes the actual event and not just your experience of the event, which could lag behind it. You would also need to continue to distinguish clearly between feeling that you know what will happen and actually having that knowledge.

      Both of these factors come into play during everyday waking life experience: you have the information first subconsciously, and subconscious determinations are made about what you will become consciously aware of. Typically the lag between sensate experience and the corresponding external event is very short, so we don't notice the lag. But if the delay is being significantly extended in your experience, that seems fit the symptoms you have described. (I realize there may be much more that you're aware of than what you briefly described.)
      I understand what you mean, I cannot know whether my i had delay between my subconscious and conscious or not. Personally i think i did not have a delay, there should be a reason for such symptom, i am not sick or something...
      But your comment made me think of this: If our conscious can be delayed from subconscious, maybe our subconscious can go ahead of our conscious?

      [subconscious]--[conscious] = short delay
      [subconscious]------[conscious] = long delay
      [conscious of future event]-------------------------------[subconscious] = subconscious going into future event

      haha this might make no sense at all, but think of it anyway



      Quote Originally Posted by shadowofwind View Post
      I agree with you that the first of the two hypotheses you mentioned doesn't make as much sense, there's no reason to posit a previous dream experience.

      In the case of a precognitive dream, you can verify that its happening by writing it down, putting the time on it, and giving it to someone else before the event happens. But with the waking life experience you describe there isn't that much time.

      Given that the dream experience you describe is possible, the waking life experience seems plausible too though. Since you're more immediately in the situation, it should be easier for you to connect the precognitive impression with the corresponding events, so it doesn't have to be as loosely metaphorical.
      Quote Originally Posted by shadowofwind View Post
      I don't think I have read your thoughts about 'other realities'. Based on my experience, precognition does have something to do with a meta-reality that doesn't map in an obvious way to our external reality. But it doesn't fit any of the conventional New Age or Sci-Fi ideas about parallel worlds either. Tentatively, I'm thinking that its not a collection of worlds similar to ours. Our world would be some kind of projection or cross-section of the 'meta-reality', but the other projections don't actually exist as actual worlds that we're precognitively aware of. This seems to me to be the same kind of conceptual limitation as supposing that a deja-vu experience must be preceded by a forgotten dream. But I don't really know what I'm talking about here, just saying what sort of makes sense to me.

      Of course - to each his own, i will try to explain my version of this in short:
      For us our own reality exist because we materialized our self here, but there are infinite amount of realities that do not exist for us unless we focus on them and/or materialize there. However when we dream we usually dream far from our reality which does not exist for us. That is the reason why most of our dreams about future do not come true, because in different reality everything might be different, however it will look similar to ours because it was not a very distant reality. In some very rare cases we dream somewhere really close to our reality or maybe even in our reality. We can also dream somewhere really far where we will not find anything similar to our world. For most of your this will not make sense, and i am ok with it.

      I will create a topic on it, because it is a very long story and you will most probably get confused by short one

    13. #13
      DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Tagger First Class 1 year registered Vivid Dream Journal
      fogelbise's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      LD Count
      220 snc Feb2013
      Gender
      Location
      where the weather hardly fights
      Posts
      1,170
      Likes
      1488
      DJ Entries
      113
      Quote Originally Posted by flowofmysoul View Post
      Do you mean if i were sleeping during that moment and i received info from reality around me to form my dream?
      That is what I meant. I normally take a more scientific view on things but I am open to the possibility of things of which you spoke and have been feeling more open to those kind of supernatural ideas recently. I had a dream once that at first I took to be a precognitive dream because I found out that this sound in my dream actually happened in real life that night while I was sleeping but I later hypothesized that my dreaming mind created the backstory to explain the sound instead of my dream predicting that the sound would happen.
      Last edited by fogelbise; 08-14-2013 at 07:43 PM.
      flowofmysoul likes this.

    14. #14
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 1 year registered
      flowofmysoul's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      All are lucid
      Gender
      Posts
      332
      Likes
      147
      DJ Entries
      32
      Quote Originally Posted by fogelbise View Post
      That is what I meant. I normally take a more scientific view on things but I am open to the possibility of things of which you spoke and have been feeling more open to those kind of supernatural ideas recently. I had a dream once that at first I took to be a precognitive dream because I found out that this sound in my dream actually happened in real life that night while I was sleeping but I later hypothesized that my dreaming mind created the backstory to explain the sound instead of my dream predicting that the sound would happen.
      There are several reasons why i could not be sleeping there, first of all is our country roads and buses, you need to hold on tightly and sleeping there would be almost impossible for me. I am that person who cannot sleep just anywhere, i need a good comfortable place. Second reason is that two of my friends was with me and they would definitely see if i were sleeping And the 3rd reason is that it was not the first time when i had that kind of experience. Once i was standing in a metro and had the same, once i was sitting on a lecture and so on.. so i could not be sleeping in all of those cases for sure.

      Regarding precognitive dreams, that's a different story. I understand what you are talking about, i was lucid dreaming almost always and most of my LD's were very vivid and i remember when i had a dream and when actual event happened.

      I also like science, but science cannot explain everything. I am doing a lot of experiments in my dreams and i am trying to find an answer for everything there. I know it is not all about dreams, but this is what i can do. Besides it is my sleeping time, i would not be able to do something during my night and i am pretty busy during day. We have only 24 hours per day, that is an extremely low amount of time i think
      fogelbise likes this.

    15. #15
      DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Tagger First Class 1 year registered Vivid Dream Journal
      fogelbise's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      LD Count
      220 snc Feb2013
      Gender
      Location
      where the weather hardly fights
      Posts
      1,170
      Likes
      1488
      DJ Entries
      113
      True, science definitely cannot explain everything. Good luck with your experiments and I do look forward to reading your post when you have it ready. Try to remember to post a link on this thread if you can and I will see the update.
      flowofmysoul likes this.

    16. #16
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 1 year registered
      flowofmysoul's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      All are lucid
      Gender
      Posts
      332
      Likes
      147
      DJ Entries
      32
      Quote Originally Posted by fogelbise View Post
      True, science definitely cannot explain everything. Good luck with your experiments and I do look forward to reading your post when you have it ready. Try to remember to post a link on this thread if you can and I will see the update.
      Will post in couple of days and will update main post and will do a new reply

    17. #17
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 1 year registered
      flowofmysoul's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      All are lucid
      Gender
      Posts
      332
      Likes
      147
      DJ Entries
      32
      Could not edit main post because it has time limit on edit option, so i decided to post links to similar events here..

      Being more than certain of a deja vu momentq

      Precognition - seeing your future in your dreams

    18. #18
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 1 year registered
      flowofmysoul's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      All are lucid
      Gender
      Posts
      332
      Likes
      147
      DJ Entries
      32
      Had this small precognitive dream last night. In our city we have to pay a fee for using main roads, there is a chip attached on the windshield of a car with balance on it. So i was almost out of balance, and usually i top-up my balance on gas stations.

      Dream:
      Somewhere in the morning i woke up because of the evil cockroach dream, went back to sleep and as always started my dream with OBE, it was morning and i found my wife in my apartment, she just came back from supermarket and bought me a top-up card for my car, i was very surprised because usually i buy it my self. We needed to go somewhere so i took this top-up card, took my car keys and phone and went to the car because i have to warm up my car for 5 minutes before i go. I took that card, opened Messages in my phone and used a saved quick text to complete all sms details, just had to enter number of the card, so i entered all the numbers and received a confirmation with my new balance.


      That was the end of my dream and then i woke up and it was time to go to work, i saw a top-up card on the table and was surprised, not because i had a dream about it but because i though "why did she buy a top-up card if i just used one". I went to my car to warm it up, but when i scratched out the number on the card i realized that i had exactly the same dream, suddenly i felt that i did all of it before and i am doing it again right now. Even numbers on the card looked so similar! I did check my balance just to double check if i did not top-up my balance yesterday, checked and it was almost 0. Used my saved quick text for that card and was entering the code, while i was doing that i had a feeling that i for sure did it already.

      I did not know that my wife bought me that top-up card and i asked her if she told me about it before morning and she said no.
      VagalTone likes this.

    19. #19
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Fully Profiled Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      TheSilverWolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      2
      Gender
      Location
      Alaska
      Posts
      286
      Likes
      120
      DJ Entries
      18
      Did you say that precognition itself and precognitive dreams are two different things in your mind? I'm not sure I see why you are separating the two because precognition is the ability to see into the future--or at least see some aspect of it. Precognitive dreams are dreams that show you the future. In other words, couldn't precognitive dreams be a form of precognition? Much like if I take a bus to town or take a car, I'm still using a form of transportation to get there, and therefor am traveling?

      ~SilverWolf~
      http://www.dreamviews.com/signaturepics/sigpic64876_2.gif

      Dream Related Goals:

      have at least 1 lucid dream this month [X] | remember 1 dream every night 1 week in a row [X ] | Successful MILD this month [X] | Successful WILD this month [ ]

    20. #20
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 1 year registered
      flowofmysoul's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      All are lucid
      Gender
      Posts
      332
      Likes
      147
      DJ Entries
      32
      Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverWolf View Post
      Did you say that precognition itself and precognitive dreams are two different things in your mind? I'm not sure I see why you are separating the two because precognition is the ability to see into the future--or at least see some aspect of it. Precognitive dreams are dreams that show you the future. In other words, couldn't precognitive dreams be a form of precognition? Much like if I take a bus to town or take a car, I'm still using a form of transportation to get there, and therefor am traveling?

      ~SilverWolf~
      The difference is more then a bus or a car, you may get to the same place but transportation is completely different as well as feelings that you experience. I know it sounds like precognitive dream can be a form of precognition but i think they have very little in common, the only common thing that they share is that they lead to the same location.

      Did you ever experience both of these events ? I am sure that you would understand what i mean.

    21. #21
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Fully Profiled Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV
      TheSilverWolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      2
      Gender
      Location
      Alaska
      Posts
      286
      Likes
      120
      DJ Entries
      18
      I can't say I've had either of these, not definitively. I *think* I may have had one or two precognitive dreams, but as I've never kept a dream journal until now, I have no way of knowing for sure. I've had moments with Deja-vu soooo strong, and a sudden feeling that I've dreamed at least part of a certain situation or conversation so intense, that I was almost positive I *had* dreamed of it before. That said, I know memories of dreams can be fickle at best, especially really old ones, so I can't really say for sure if I have or not.

      That said, I suppose what you said makes sense, different means to the same end. I would imagine precognitive dreams could also rely heavily on symbolism, in the way Nostradamus' predictions were often written symbolically, which might make them harder to interpret.

      ~SilverWolf~
      http://www.dreamviews.com/signaturepics/sigpic64876_2.gif

      Dream Related Goals:

      have at least 1 lucid dream this month [X] | remember 1 dream every night 1 week in a row [X ] | Successful MILD this month [X] | Successful WILD this month [ ]

    22. #22
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 1 year registered
      flowofmysoul's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      All are lucid
      Gender
      Posts
      332
      Likes
      147
      DJ Entries
      32
      Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverWolf View Post
      I can't say I've had either of these, not definitively. I *think* I may have had one or two precognitive dreams, but as I've never kept a dream journal until now, I have no way of knowing for sure. I've had moments with Deja-vu soooo strong, and a sudden feeling that I've dreamed at least part of a certain situation or conversation so intense, that I was almost positive I *had* dreamed of it before. That said, I know memories of dreams can be fickle at best, especially really old ones, so I can't really say for sure if I have or not.

      That said, I suppose what you said makes sense, different means to the same end. I would imagine precognitive dreams could also rely heavily on symbolism, in the way Nostradamus' predictions were often written symbolically, which might make them harder to interpret.

      ~SilverWolf~
      Because when you dream of future, you often cannot comprehend what is happening there. Expressing your self symbolically gives you more freedom.

      First - it is hard to comprehend what you just saw, second - it is even more harder to bring it in writing.

    23. #23
      K9 Oneironaut Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      DawgBone's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      LD Count
      42
      Gender
      Location
      The Dog House
      Posts
      152
      Likes
      24
      DJ Entries
      14
      My dreams are almost always precognitive. But they are also usually symbolic, so determining what they mean can be an adventure.

      :--)
      BatteryCharged likes this.
      (Click to visit my Dream Journal)
      "Learn well, Jake Sully. Then we will see if your insanity can be cured." -- Avatar

    24. #24
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV 1 year registered
      flowofmysoul's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      LD Count
      All are lucid
      Gender
      Posts
      332
      Likes
      147
      DJ Entries
      32
      Quote Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
      My dreams are almost always precognitive. But they are also usually symbolic, so determining what they mean can be an adventure.

      :--)
      Share some interesting precognitive dreams with us

    25. #25
      K9 Oneironaut Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      DawgBone's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      LD Count
      42
      Gender
      Location
      The Dog House
      Posts
      152
      Likes
      24
      DJ Entries
      14
      Quote Originally Posted by flowofmysoul View Post
      Share some interesting precognitive dreams with us
      Here's an example:

      A year or so ago I had just enrolled in OpheliaBlue's introductory DV class. I dreamed of being in a college classroom with several other students. We were waiting for class to start. An attractive young woman walked up to me and introduced herself. She said her name was Lisa Kerr. We talked about various things, and then I woke.

      It's been a while since college, and I should have recognized this as a dream sign. Being in a classroom is a fairly frequent dream sign for me, but I didn't notice it and did not become lucid.

      In my dreams it's quite unusual for a dream character to initiate a conversation. I often initiate conversations with DCs, but this time Lisa did.

      I recorded this dream in my DV workbook and in my dream journal. OpheliaBlue read it and told me that her name is Lisa! We both found this interesting. I had no way of knowing that.

      A small example of precognition.
      (Click to visit my Dream Journal)
      "Learn well, Jake Sully. Then we will see if your insanity can be cured." -- Avatar

    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Precognition - seeing your future in your dreams
      By cawdorgraves in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 29
      Last Post: 06-20-2014, 04:26 AM
    2. Precognitive Dreams
      By panta-rei in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: 03-19-2008, 11:43 PM
    3. Precognition in Dreams
      By katzebnt in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: 01-05-2008, 08:12 PM
    4. Strange dreams re: dictatorship, precognition, icon
      By eskercurve in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: 05-15-2006, 05:13 PM
    5. Precognitive Dreams
      By empathicaldreamer in forum Beyond Dreaming
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 04-20-2006, 03:43 PM

    Tags for this Thread

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •