Fragment of Dreams
COMMENTARY NON-LUCID DREAM LUCID DREAM
WBTB: 3:55, 6:30
Techs: Autosuggestion, WBTB + MILD
Lucids: 1 (maybe, read description)
1. I'm sitting in a college lit class. The office manager from the restaurant I work at is there. We are all taking a test. It requires you to draw and/or write your responses and is very challenging. Everyone is cheating as we are seated in a weird arrangement where we are across from other students. I have other tags written down. "salad", "musical note", "sequence of characters". But this dream happened before 3:55 and I don't remember these additional details anymore.
2. This dream is fragmented. In one scene, I remember my friend M meeting with president Obama. In another scene, I remember watching a documentary about my dad being in jail. He had a ponytail. None of that is true lol. I was working on getting his name cleared.
3. I need help classifying this experience. Read on, I'll provide commentary. I woke up around 6:35 (after my 6:30 alarm which I apparently didn't hear). I turned that alarm off and laid back down. I did MILD then turned over to go to sleep. I 'came to' still lying in bed. I didn't move as I felt like something was weird. I might have already been sleeping at this point. Quickly, I felt the same pulsating/vibrating feeling from last night. Suddenly, fractal patterns of light appeared behind my eyelids. I felt the sensation of moving/falling forward through a tunnel. I "knew" I was going to appear in a dreamscape. I thought of water but then I realized I didn't want to appear in the open ocean. So I very quickly visualized a pool. Suddenly, I found myself in a busy, suburban pool. I do a nose-plug RC and can of course breathe. I look around and the pool area is full of adults and children. I walk up to the first woman and we do sexual things together (except after a minute or two, I thought to myself I don't want to waste a whole lucid doing just this). Then I get out of the pool and walk through a grassy area. I decide to look at my hands. My hands look completely normal except that there are purple marker lines on one hand. I think to myself, that makes sense that they are represented like this since I was at work last night and sometimes my hands get marker on them. I decided to jump up and test gravity. I came right back to the ground like normal. I then walked over to a swing set. I tried to jump to the top but didn't make it. Then I decided to try again and willed myself up as I jumped. I reached the railing. I came back down and jumped again, this time with renewed confidence. I managed to jump all the way up to the top of the swingset. Then, the DC parents came around and asked me where I'm from. I said I'm from another place and I come here to have fun. They asked me to leave. That's all I remember. A few minutes later I woke up in bed feeling somewhat distant from this experience.
Notes - I had work last night so was stressed out until I got home and went to sleep at 11:50. I was also tired so I didn't do any induction techniques until around 6:35. I'm still happy with this experience last night whatever it was.
COMMENTARY NON-LUCID DREAM LUCID DREAM
WBTB: 4:04, 5:00, 7:30
Techs: WBTB + MILD and SSILD
NLDs: 1 + a fragment
1. Fragment - Woke up with the image of drinks in champagne glasses
2. I had insomnia after last awakening. I did MILD and then SSILD to help me fall asleep. I'm not sure if this is an FA because I didn't realize I ever fell asleep till after. T said I was keeping her awake. At one point, I started typing loudly on a computer? She got mad and grabbed her pillow and said she was going to sleep in the guest room. She said, "I can't afford to not get sleep before work". After she left, I got out of bed to use the restroom and I brought my phone with me for light. The screen was very dim. I tried to adjust the brightness but it still wouldn't get much brighter. Then, I heard male voices coming from above me. But we live in a single-story house so I knew there couldn't be anyone else near-by. As I was leaving the bathroom, I thought both these things were weird so I did a nose-plug RC but I was still fully convinced I was awake. When I could still breathe, I rationalized it by saying that maybe I didn't hold my nose fully closed. I tried again. It still worked. I became lucid! Suddenly, the whole dream started to vibrate or shake. I tried to stay calm but I woke up and used the restroom.
3. (FA) Again, I had insomnia. Eventually I must have fallen asleep. I'm laying in my normal bed. Now, the bedroom door is open which is weird. I got up to check and "it felt like a dream". As I walked out of the room, I did a nose-plug RC and became lucid. I tried to remain calm. I walked a few steps in the hall, then remembered to try looking at the ground. The floor was our fake-wood. I then looked at the wall and saw a light switch. I got up close to it and it was very detailed and impressive. After a few more steps down the hall, I started to wake up. As the imagery faded, I tried to spin. I remained in a black void for a few seconds after which I woke up.
4. I'm watching a sci-fi movie that I've apparently seen before at an unknown house. There are cats roaming around. At one point, I let a cat in from outside and it starts hissing. I think to myself that maybe it is rabid. I let in another cat and it seems friendly but has long claws. It is playing with me, but comes close to scratching my arms several times. I remember one of my co-workers was present in the house. I then walk into a main area and see my mom, except she is black. (we're both white). Somehow I rationalize this as real LOL. And when I hug her I see she has a "new" tattoo on her back, in addition to one already there. It is for her mother (who is still alive). My mom would never get a tattoo!)
Notes - Today was a great night. Two lucids and the 2nd one was the longest I've had so far. I feel so confident and excited. I did experience some insomnia which is frustrating and caused me to lose out on some sleep. Also I find it funny how I missed my mom changing races and getting a tattoo.
Updated 02-20-2017 at 04:22 PM by 92619
COMMENTARY NON-LUCID DREAM LUCID DREAM
WBTB: A couple times
Dreams: 2 + 1 short fragment
1. Fragment - T's friend Page is talking about losing weight through eating...
2I am living in a dorm with T. I'm talking with my mom about us getting an apartment together once we graduate college. T and I never knew each other in college. The food was really bad. We also had no where to lay down. I remember trying to drape a shirt/sheet across a hallway to lay down on or something?
3. I am on a police training compound. For some reason, the FBI comes to investigate the compound. 1 agent is killed. I remember wishing I had a gun. I've been researching which gun to buy IWL. I remember scenes of running away/being chased.
Notes - last night was T's birthday and we through a big party. I was very drunk and didn't get to sleep till around 3:30ish.
COMMENTARY NON-LUCID DREAM LUCID DREAM
WBTB: 3:30, 5:30, 7:30
Techs: WBTB + MILD (and a little SSILD to help fall asleep during WBTB)
1. (FA) I "woke up" and looked at the time on my phone. I then decided to move my alarm one hour later for WBTB because of how late it was already. Then I woke up for real.
2. I am in a room with my dad and one of my parent's family friends, Jackie. It is night-time, during a WBTB. I am reading a night-time WBTB recording on (dreamviews?) which has notes from everyone's WBTB from that night.
3. During this dream, two people were present who I genuinely thought were friend's of T. I thought we had seen a movie with them. I even have memories of being at the movie theater with them. Upon waking, I know we've never met these people. T's two friends, who I apparently remembered us going to the movies with, came over to our house early in the morning. They dress 'uniquely', kinda metrosexual or hipster. (Trying not be offensive, I just seriously don't know anything about fashion lol) They laid down in our bed with us and we all tried to get some sleep. Then they're other friends came over as well. There were three of them, but I remember this one big guy. He came over and shook my hand while I was lying in bed. Then he leaned down and gave T an awkward hug where they were patting each other's backs for a socially awkward amount of time.
4. (FA) I "woke up" in my normal bed. I laid down for a second and then remembered that I should write that previous dream down. I turned over and grabbed my penlight, but couldn't find my tag notebook. I wasn't thinking clearly because I thought, "I wonder if that big guy knocked it down." I looked on the nightstand and the floor. Then I thought, that's weird my tag notebook really should be here. Maybe I'm dreaming. I did a nose-plug RC and before I even finished, I just knew I was dreaming. The nose-plug RC worked and I could breathe. But then, I felt total sleep paralysis lying on my side in bed. I couldn't move. My normal reaction SP took over and I tried to move my head/neck. I woke up.
Notes - I did a little autosuggestion before bed but that's it. I woke up a couple times during the night, once to use restroom and once to my alarm. I didn't do any induction technique during these awakenings. Then, T came home and got in bed at 7:30am which caused me to wake up. She also let the cats in. I laid there for a while and did MILD. Then I eventually got up to kick the cats out. I couldn't fall back asleep so I decided to try SSILD as a cure for insomnia. It worked. I fell asleep after a little while and had these two dreams, during the last of which I became lucid!
It was in some desert city. With brother and pals we were in special forces sent to capture enemy base. We sneaked through alleys and got to rooftops, from where we were shooting. Eventually we captured the base.
#1: I was dead. I was looking down @ my partial body body laying in a marsh along a river. I see my legs & feet. It's disturbing. Locals are saying they accidentally killed me. I'm watching all of this unfold. I see a cop handling the investigation. I feel like he has got this & there will be answers. He says she'd been thrown off of the bridge & ended up in a marsh. I rarely see any part of myself in a dream & I don't remember ever looking at myself like this, especially in this context.Meesha Cat woke me up.
D2: I was w/ my parents & we were @ some kind of reception area. It's circular & you walk down to a row of tables & down again for the next row & down one more time for the bottom row. It reminds me of "The Love Boat" tv show on the cruise ship for some reason, lol. It was really elegant. It was just normal family conversations that I would've had as a child going somewhere w/ my parents but we are all adults here. My mom is worried about what ppl will think & are told not to embarrass her, lol. Thank God she is more relaxed & enjoying life now & not all uptight. Meesha Cat woke me up again.
D3: I was @ this restaurant by the beach kind of place. It looke like a version of an old clam bake except men were diving in to catch fresh fish w/ some odd looking sieve bucket or something. They were catching things like squid & yucky stuff. No seafood that tastes good like lobster or something. A man sitting at my table was going to get to try his hand at it. He finally gets to go in & I get to come closer. It looks like a cement wall is barely flowing water over it. It was really interesting how they utilized the sea/ocean in such a way to make an entertaining dining experience. Meesha Cat is waking me up a 3rd time tonight. I'm not happy with her.
I didn't have a lucid tonight but lately I have been picking up speed again with them after my break. I just finished my second journal over this past year since March but most of it looks like gibberish until I put it on here.
Feb 17, 2017
Notes: Multiple dreams, non lucid. Nieces are over to visit. Massive Storm in New York. Harpie transformation. Dancing with new romantic interest
1. My nieces are over to visit and they are driving me insane. And Alison just wants to go home. But there is a reason why my sis and nieces can't drive home tonight. There's a nasty storm outside and it's already flooding.
2. Its night, it's storming and I'm driving. The streets are flooding and cars are driving cautiously, underneath a canopy of tall trees I haven't seen in years. I'm in Long Island NY. I give up driving through this downpour. Instead I transform into a harpie. I have some sort of adventure as a harpie, as this storm floods NY, but I don't remember it now.
3. I'm at a social and I meet someone new. But he looks like a coworker I knew years ago, Q. He wants to dance with me and I'm totally ok with it. The dancing felt real, he spins me round and round several times. But I honestly don't remember any music. Later, I'm home, and I practice dancing in front of a mirror. Later still, I feel guilty for dancing with him. What would my friend R think? He would be so upset.
I remembered this later on.
We are establishing a family business and they are deciding who from the outside will be part of it. I'm worried if I will be included and I ask them about it. I think the answer was "yes".
I've been very busy IRL & had 2 of my grandkids all weekend so I've been rather busy & then I had to sleep a lot Monday & Tuesday because I pushed myself too hard this weekend. But I did have a whole lot of fun! Not much by way of dreams due to my pain meds.
***I was living in a cabin in the woods. I'm asleep & think Mike is in the room but instead it's my mom. She said she just dropped by cuz her & my dad were driving through in their RV. I told her I could make her some coffee & I looked into the refrigerator to find something to feed her. I said "hey, there is some beer in here if you want some." I say this half talking to myself & become lucid because Mike & I don't drink alcohol. There wouldn't be beer anywhere we would be staying. I say out loud "we don't drink anymore". I then notice that the fridge is almost bare & the food looks old. Almost in shock I look up on the top shelf & then lean into the fridge because I see there is no "top" of the fridge & I only see the cabinets above it. She tells me she is going into town for food. I'm still contemplating the fridge, kind of in awe. I laugh because I'm thinking, "well isn't this a strange dream!" I realize she is still talking as she leaves & adds "dad is out off doing something" just as I am wondering where he is. I go out the sliding door & I'm on a deck looking out & see a huge tree. I walk down & look at it in wonder. I know it's the magical tree from the book I'm reading. This is so cool!! I then look to the right of the tree & there is a limo. I open the door & my mom is sitting in the back seat behind the drivers side putting her feet up on the back of the passenger seat. I start laughing because I just saw a woman do this in a show I watched & my mom is all slim now like she was when I was a kid. I got woke up by Meesha Cat so I'm disappointed that I didn't get to play w/ the magic tree!
**I was w/ a group of gypsies. I've been watching a series w/ gypsies & werewolves. I am in a kitchen sorting plants so that we don't eat the poisonous ones. The man in charge gives me a compliment & said "Now that's how people should be." He was talking about me caring about others & not just myself.
**I was in a school where ppl were turning into dust after they ad found ways to invest money to make money to sustain an income instead of working. This was to free up time to enjoy life. They were sharing in detail how to do this but I couldn't catch all of how to do that. I had come in toward the end of the conversation. The leader & his followers would turn back to dust afterwards. Apparently this happened often here. I walked around the school inside & outside when they appeared out of thin air again. But unfortunately Meesha Cat woke me up.
COMMENTARY NON-LUCID DREAM LUCID DREAM
WBTB: 3:26, 4:46, 6:25, 7:15ish
Tech: MILD, WBTB + MILD, WBTB
Lucids: 0 (read on, I had an experience that is hard to fit into a category)
1. Fragmentary recall - I am at the restaurant where I work part-time. While my usual co-workers are there working, there are also beds (or at least 1 bed?) in the restaurant. I remember speaking with my manager at one point about being hungry and eating and she tells me that I cannot sit at the usual section to eat because it is still to early in the night and we are busy. Nevertheless, she gives me the "early section" that is usually empty before the others. I go there and there is a bed. It is in the far back corner of the restaurant. Around 8:56 dream time (I thought we closed at 9:00pm), I decided I needed to make the bed so I could leave? I remember struggling to do that, and it was taking much longer than I thought so I didn't think I would finish by 9:00. (Memory Blank) I then got desert which was a huge plate of cookie cake served with ice cream and ate it on the bed while talking to 3 of my co-workers. I kept seeing their eyes look towards the bowl so eventually I went and grabbed three forks (or spoons?) and let them have the rest. One guy, Joey, seemed to eat the rest of the cookie cake in one bite.
2. This was either a lucid moment or very vivid HH. I'm not an expert on the terms so maybe someone can clarify. I woke up as T was leaving for work and used the restroom. Then I laid down and did MILD. I was tired and started experiencing visual HH. Suddenly, I'm walking out of a restaurant. I see my friend Kyle having dinner with a girl. Although we make eye contact and I wave, he doesn't seem to recognize me. After I exit the restaurant, I'm walking through the parking lot and I see my best friend from high school and his girlfriend. They also don't seem to recognize me. This strikes me as really weird and I think to myself that maybe this is a dream. I try to do an RC but I feel sleep paralysis and this attempt at movement causes me to "wake up". After writing tags for this "dream", I tried to fall back asleep and I entered sleep paralysis 4 times. It seemed like if I stayed still for 20 seconds I would enter full paralysis. SP always freaks me out so each time it happened I struggled to move my head/neck until the paralysis broke. Next time I will try to stay calm and enter a dream.
Notes - Regardless of whether that 2nd "dream" was a lucid dream or vivid HH, I'm still really happy. The other lucid dream I had came as a result of "just knowing" I was dreaming. This experience involved reasoning and questioning reality, deciding I might be dreaming, and attempting to test my state with a reality check! This occurred after a MILD attempt, so I think I will stick with MILD It seems it does not give me insomnia anymore when I do it "lightly" and in a relaxed way.
Updated 02-15-2017 at 09:55 PM by 92619
I don't remember much
the beginning is just fragments of the dream I remember.
I am in some kind of survival game (that is ARMA3 or something similar to it).
They dropped is out in this land, there was valleys, forests , kinda similar to Tanoa from arma 3 , but less forests and there were one little city .
In the night, I ran around ,and killed someone ,and took his high caliber sniper rifle. Then I walked on... The sun rised , and I arrived to a house, kinda luxurious, there was a pool, and some gardens around the house, and a little space under a window where I could hide... so I got here, just when I did, I heard steps and a voice soon. Two guy came, one was in the house standing in one of the windows, and the other one was sitting on the balcony, they both had guns I think, I saw the latter guy , but he didnt. They talked about how a new guy hunted down one of them and took their fancy sniper (that was me) and they agreed on searching and hunting me down later.
Then I thought that I wont be able to get out of here if I stay here all day, so I got to run out and hope they wont be able to shoot me, then I stepped out ,my sniper rifle became visible, but doubt stopped me and I stepped back into that corner thing. But it was too late, i heard the guy voicing his surprise, and warned the other guy that theres someone.
So I ran out as fast as I could, leaved the place, they started to shoot , and almost got me , but there was a downhill ,and I ran down there into the middle of a forest. Somehow I was able to take a very fast speed so I got away like 200 meters from the guys following me, getting enough time to get down on one of the trees roots and got my sniper ready. I shot both of them as they entered the forest, or so I thought, there was a third guy coming ,I shot him too. But these guys were not the ones following me.
Apparently they probably did witness the death of these guys , because they started to shoot at me again . I ran deeper into the forest and found a big white tower. It seemed to be futuristic, it was multiple towers actually, they all were elevators,on top of this structure was a big building , the whole thing really rusted by the forest ,and grown in by the fauna of it. but I found one that works. it was slow but it got faster after a few moments, as i got up, the guys came, they didnt see me, I drew my pistol, and shot few rounds in one of em, but he didnt die, then I grabbed my sniper again
And shot them both.
And after that a "challenge completed" panel popped up in my vision, and I didnt know hwat to do with that .
And then I woke up
It was nearing an evening. I was in my house, it was turned by someone into a five-star hotel just for my family. Sisters were wandering around the building naked. The hotel staff prepared a special bathroom for me.
COMMENTARY NON-LUCID DREAM LUCID DREAM
WBTB: several times throughout the morning
Techs: MILD, autosuggestion, WBTB + SSILD
Dreams: 3 fragments
1. Fragmented dream. I remember being with my parents. My mother was experiencing bad memory loss/dementia. I noticed it immediately. When I brought it up with my dad while we were out of the room, he said that he hadn't noticed it. I realized he has been experiencing some of the same symptoms, only more mild. I remember my mom acting weird around all my friends as well. Like she didn't remember what age she was, or who she was talking to or anything. I have other notes written in my nighttime dream tag book but I can't read them.
2. (Possible FA) I believe this dream occurred after I woke up and did SSILD. I dreamt of doing SSILD cycles in bed. (Memory blank) I'm in Chipotle standing in line with my dad, but strangely I am doing SSILD cycles with my eyes closed while standing in line? I remember having to continuously open my eyes and pause the cycles to walk forward in line.
3. This dream is somewhat personal. It's a fragmented memory of a conversation between my girlfriend and I about an issue we had earlier in the evening. I'll keep it vague but it did provide me with a way to broach the subject this morning.
Notes: Due to feeling sick, as well as relationship issues, I wasn't very motivated last night. I'm happy to report I still did MILD before bed and woke up several times during the night. I did a small MILD during one WBTB as well as SSILD at least 1 other time. I did not get lucid but I did have a dream about doing SSILD cycles.
Last night, I had this very vivid dream. The worst part is, I didn't get the girls name! Though I do recall at some point I was desperately trying to get her number...
Anyway! Here's the story...
A new girl had moved into the neighbourhood with her family. She was tall, slender and had brown/brunette hair. I kept seeing her climb and jump over walls with great speed whilst viewing her from within my home. She wore a Pokemon jacket. One day, I saw her entering her home across the street from me. She picked up on that and so teased me by kind of waving but not, and having her family tease me along with her - acting as though I can't see them as I thought they couldn't see me looking at her.
After a bit of back and forthing with these antics, said girl finally came over and introduced herself to my family. She seemed rather timid and shy but kooky and interesting. I was afraid of what I might say in case it offended her and she'd zip right off again and not want anything to do with me. Then, the worse scenario happened.
My mum told this girl all of my private and embarrassing moments all within the space of what seemed like five minutes. I pulled my t-shirt up, hiding my face from embarrassment and thoughts that this girl will never date me. I went upstairs, decidedly wallowing in my bath tub (which was empty), fully clothed drinking beer. This girl knows all my darkest secrets, what difference does it make now if she sees me drinking beer in a bath tub, right?
The girl came up stairs and said something along the lines of "I don't drink alcohol that often, but I don't mind a cocktail every now and then" - trying to be on my level and relate with me somewhat. Is she dropping a hint that she's somewhat interested in me? Who knows, but it sure felt that way. As she went back down stairs, I noticed her Pokemon jacket and some figurines were in my old bedroom (from when I was younger). I sat on my bed and sniffed into her jacket, it felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders when I could smell her scent. She then came back upstairs again saying she was leaving and that she's come to collect her figurines (forgetting about her jacket, she was a bit of an oddball like that).
As she left, I felt some form of relief as the girl could no longer hear from my mum about all this - and I have her jacket! Bonus! She may come back and that will spark up some personal conversation without having the whole family listen in!
Indeed, as I looked out my bedroom window, she too had noticed that she had "forgotten" her jacket as she was at the front door of her house - her mother with the door opened and talking to some business person looking to make a quick buck - the girl walked into her house and immediately came running back over the road, claiming for her jacket.
I gave it to her, but as she was about to leave I stopped her and asked for her phone number. At this point I was starting to gain consciousness heading back into reality. I was trying my damndest to stay in the dream so I could learn more about her - but I felt the same compelling passion as many of you on this thread have also felt. This quirky, kooky girl feels like my "soulmate" and I woke up hating myself because none of it was real.
I, too, have been single for some time now (about a year) and maybe this vivid dream is reminding me to take some kind of action? I don't know, but I'm not one to force a relationship to happen. Save for the fact I attend these occasional geek meets we have here in the UK, I've had no luck meeting such an odd and unique character at these meets. Hopefully this soulmate is out there and we can meet.
I dreamed that I was in a convenience store in Thailand. They were selling small newborn puppies in yogurt cups.
I also had another dream fragment where me and a girl got in a spat because we hate each other.
I also dreamed about playing Team Fortress 2.