• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      chicago

is lucid dreaming considered witchcraft by christians.

okay idk where to put this but I am a new christian. Just wondering if the christian lucid dreamers out there consider lucid dreaming a witch craft or immoral? Please answer all the real christians out there... it just seems wrong being God like and being able to have powers and being able to have all the dream sex you want... just seems not right. So please explain your thinking and the reason why you think its wrong and not wrong, please and thank you.
      LDS:13

Flying squirrels FTW!!! Snowy Egypt's Avatar
      The Anime World
      Whoever does think that has some problems, and (if it applies) has no reason whatsoever to be here. The fact of the matter is this; IT'S JUST A DREAM. EVEN IF IT'S LUCID, IT IS STILL A DREAM. Obviously you don't beleive this, seeing as (according to your sig) you've already had 3 LD's. ^__^
      http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1596/sleepingpikachu4.jpg
      This guy, , and this guy, , are mine. BACK OFF!

Minnesota
      Of course it's not immoral. It's just knowing that you're dreaming, there's nothing wrong with that. There's even an interesting example of it being used for Christianity, in this fifth century letter. It's certainly not witchcraft, since witchcraft requires some sort of supernatural element, and lucid dreaming has none.

Of course that just means that lucid dreaming in itself isn't immoral. Whether or not the things that it is typically used for are immoral or not is a different question.

BTW, the place where this should be is the religion subforum, hopefully a moderator will move it there.

Eau Claire, WI
      God says we will be judged not only by our actions, but also by our thoughts...when we become Lucid we have the ability to think..if you think something that is against Gods Will, do you not think God will know about it??

I was a avid Lucid Dreamer, and now a Christian.. I stopped Lucid Dreaming before even becoming a Christian...But think about it, God knows all our thoughts, even if we are dreaming....
      LD Count: 300 since 2005, average 40 LDs a yr
      Last LD: 11/23/2013

My most infamous tutorial: http://www.dreamviews.com/dream-cont...ide-3-1-a.html

chicago
      yea Im sorry, a mod please move this... I couldnt find the subforum sorry. Yea but even though its not cosidered wrong... being a christian has certain rules, and a way of thinking.. being submissive to the Living God but being practically God like seems wrong... thats why I ask the christians out there to help cause they know what Im talking aboult.

"O" will suffice. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Gold Veteran First Class Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Central Florida
      DJ Entries
      *Moved at OP's request.*
      http://i.imgur.com/Ke7qCcF.jpg
      (Or see the very best of my journal entries @ dreamwalkerchronicles.blogspot)

chicago
      thank you sir for moving my topic

pj
      I'm a Christian lucid dreamer.

Like anything else, it all depends on what you do with it. Let your conscience be your guide.
      On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
      --Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed.
      --Chinese Proverb

Raised Jdeadevil
      Raised and raised by Eligos
      Dream Journal
      The Fine Print: Unless otherwise stated, the views expressed are MINE.

When the ink runs out... Kushna Mufeed's Avatar
      I'm not christian, but I know many of the beliefs are similar to mine. I think you first have to ask if you would be judged for it. Are you judged by God if you have a wet dream? Then why should you be judged for lucid dreams? Go wild!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff777 View Post
      I am not sorry or empathetic whatsoever for saying that I believe the world would be much better off without people like you in it. Have a great fucking day.
      [broken link removed]The Dynamics of Segrival[/URL]
      Discuss Segrival here
      See my other [broken link removed]

chicago
      thanks pj but why you think its okay? you have LD's to do things you cant do... like flying, supernatural things... which I think God didnt allow us to do for a reason I think.. also yea we wont be responsible for wet dreams but in lding were in control so I think that might be diff.

Flying squirrels FTW!!! Snowy Egypt's Avatar
      The Anime World
      That means God didn't allow you to illuminate your room. (and I think you don't mean just turning on a light switch)
      http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1596/sleepingpikachu4.jpg
      This guy, , and this guy, , are mine. BACK OFF!

pj
      Quote Originally Posted by lonestarx View Post
      thanks pj but why you think its okay? you have LD's to do things you cant do... like flying, supernatural things... which I think God didnt allow us to do for a reason I think.. also yea we wont be responsible for wet dreams but in lding were in control so I think that might be diff.
      I think it is OK because my conscience is perfectly clear about it, I am completely at peace about it, and I have found nothing in scripture condemning it. In fact, a careful read of scripture seems to reveal several situations that will be familiar to lucid dreamers.

Just because it is OK for me doesn't mean it is OK for you. I am absolutely serious about the need to follow your own conscience - your own guidance... the whispering of the Spirit.

1 Cor 10:
      27 If some unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience.
      28 But if anyone says to you, "This has been offered in sacrifice," then do not eat it, both for the sake of the man who told you and for conscience' sake—
      29 the other man's conscience, I mean, not yours. For why should my freedom be judged by another's conscience?
      30 If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?

31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. (NIV)

--Chinese Proverb

Raised Jdeadevil
      Dream Journal

Banned
      I believe lucid dreaming is mentioned in the bible somewhere.

Haha. Hehe. Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1 year registered 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      New Zea-la-land
      If God didn't want you to lucid dream, you wouldn't have that ability in the first place. IMO.

chicago
      LOL snowy... this was awhile before I became a christian. Thats why Im asking lol...

Sydney, Australia
      I'm a christian as well, I don't see anything wrong with lucid dreaming as long as you keep your christian values while you're dreaming. So don't go off having wild sex or soemthing to that extent. There is nothing in the Bible (as far as I know anyway) that says there is any problem with lucid dreaming. And it certainly is not considered witchcraft.

"It's politics and money, therefore rational arguments are useless." - Moonbeam
      Lucid Dreams: 2 [DILDs: 2, WILDs: 0]

Eau Claire, WI
      let me ask you all...believers and non believers...are you willing to put your eternal life on the line for "Your opinion" that is the true question you should be asking yourself..and if you want to find out if LDing is wrong or not....Ask God....He will give you the answers you need...

God bless you all...
      LD Count: 300 since 2005, average 40 LDs a yr
      Last LD: 11/23/2013

My most infamous tutorial: http://www.dreamviews.com/dream-cont...ide-3-1-a.html

chicago
      wow spiritofthewolf your LD count is scary lol just wondering though why you quit LDing? also thats why idk if I can escape temptation.. for satan doesnt stop even in our dreams. But if I do end up lucid dreaming i jurt wanna make sure its alright.

The Wondering Gnome Achievements:
      1 year registered Referrer Silver Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Sector ZZ 9 Plural Z Alpha
      Just wondering if the christian lucid dreamers out there consider lucid dreaming a witch craft or immoral?
      Witch... craft?
      Come on, are you really serious?

Quote Originally Posted by spiritofthewolf View Post
      let me ask you all...believers and non believers...are you willing to put your eternal life on the line for "Your opinion"
      Think of it this way - what if we aren't immortal beings? Then you're wasting your momentary life trying to avoid doing fun things and be submissive in hopes of enjoying a nonexistent future.
      If we are immortal beings, then what we do in our infinite amount of years after this brief span of life will far, far outweigh what we do now. 80/infinity is zero, practically speaking.

My conclusion? Enjoy life while you can. Don't obsess over your chickens before you're sure the eggs even exist.

DJ Entries
      Firstly I would say that no, LDing is not immoral. I am a christian and have thought about this a time or two. It seems your major hang up is that in our dreams we CAN act god-like ovr the people and enviroment. The thing is that the people in our dreams are not real as well as the enviroment. You have control over thought and your imagination during the day, I could do somthing in a day dream that I could do to someone in a lucid dream and there is nothing wrong with that. Personally I think it might be a gift from god to help us satisfy our curiosity about certian things...like flying. It just seems to me that if it were less life-like you wouldn't have a problem. Why let the realism bother you?

Infinitly greater than you are... Damn that missing E.

pj
      Another consideration is "naturals," which I used to be. I had LDs LONG before I knew what they were.

So does it make sense to assume that people who naturally LD are damned for it?

Again and always, everything depends on what you DO with it. You have to make your own choices, starting with recognizing whether it is something that you will end up using for evil purposes.

--Chinese Proverb

Raised Jdeadevil
      Dream Journal

chicago
      yea I get it now. It depends on what you do with it. I just wanna thank everyone here who has helped me, I deeply appreciate it.

USA
      I also am Christian and a lucid dreamer.

As is the case in everything else, it's all about what is in your heart. When you lucid dream, do you use it as a way to try to circumvent your faith? To many, lucid dreaming is a consequence free environment where they can rape, pilliage, and do whatever they want.

I see no problems having fun in your lucid dreams, I mean who doesn't enjoy flying??

So, my advice for you, search your heart, what does it tell you?
      you must be the change you wish to see in the world...
      -gandhi

okay idk where to put this but I am a new christian. Just wondering if the christian lucid dreamers out there consider lucid dreaming a witch craft or immoral? Please answer all the real christians out there... it just seems wrong being God like and being able to have powers and being able to have all the dream sex you want... just seems not right. So please explain your thinking and the reason why you think its wrong and not wrong, please and thank you.
      God gives you the ability to do many things, but it is how you use those abilities that matters. Just like anything else, lucid dreaming is not immoral in itself, but it has the possibility to become so if you use it for immoral purposes. In fact, many people use lucid dreaming for spiritual purposes. For example, Tibetan Buddhists have used lucid dreaming for a long time to enhance their spiritual understanding-awareness.

Lucid dreaming is also an interesting thing to consider analogically in regards to our relationship to God. We usually experience a dream from an individual point of view, as we are while awake, but what is interesting is that upon further consideration we realize we are also everything else in the dream. The dream exists in our minds, so we are the creator of the world, but we also experience it as an individual within the dream. When we become aware of this while dreaming, it does not change the point of view we experience it from, but it does change our understanding of that experience and consequently our relationship and actions within the dream.

Consider, if you will, the relationship between our creator/created role in our dreams analogous to our role in waking life. Just as we can be become aware of this reality in the dream, we can also become aware it in our waking life. Just some thoughts to ponder.
      ars sine scientia nihil

Revd Sir Stephen, Ph.D StephenT's Avatar
      Texas
      Quote Originally Posted by Mes Tarrant View Post
      If God didn't want you to lucid dream, you wouldn't have that ability in the first place. IMO.
      Free will.

Why do people have the ability to rape, kill, steal, and hate? I don't think that God would want us to do those either.

As for the topic:

That's the funniest question I've ever heard today. Thanks for brightening up my day with a crazy churchism.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast