• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Question Was it lucid/Natural DILD's

Hi everyone, I've been stalking around the forums for the past few days, and finally got an account after last night.
      Now, I completely forget about what I dreamt, but I do remember the second half and am now wondering if it was lucid.

Alright, I completely forget the first part, something to do with 3 things to get out of a tower, I get out, and I remember a DC saying something about spin.
      Now, somehow the word spin sparked a connection in my brain with LD. My connection was that the spin to keep lucid is part of a LD, and that some way or another got me to say "Holy crap! I'm having a lucid dream!". I performed no RC's, I just knew. Now, I had trouble getting sandals to appear. I cosed my "dream eyes" and said "There are sandles at my feet", but they came out wrong. I got the heel part, and the front part, but not the whole thing.

Then some way or another, i decide to try flying. I decide to do the stomp and jump method. I close my dream eyes, and start flapping my arms and stomp the ground until I am high in the air. I find myself flying around a department store parking lot, but it had carpet around it. The same carpet as my house (I don't know why, but for some ODD reason, my house works its way into my dreams all the time, every dream!), and I find myself up in the air, with 4 arms, 1 pair holding a towel as a seat, the other flapping and flying. That's all I remember from the dream. After that it is nothing.

Now, I have a question, does this sound lucid to you, or just some way or another a fake lucid dream?
      Also, does anyone ever feel "tired" after flapping their arms to achieve "dream flight"?

EDIT: Memory just got jogged:
      I remember that when I was trying to make the sandals appear I was on some rocks with some hoses to rinse off your feet (IN RL: I just got back from camping a whole week in Georgia, coming from SC, and I had to swim every morning, and we had the same thing, only on cement), and there was a wooden table behind me with food, and I heard nothing. Behind me was the water. In front of me was the trees and forest. Under me was a blend of Sand/Grass. They were the same thing and one. It's odd how there can be new objects in dreams. I call them pure creativity.
      Last edited by NASCAR; 07-01-2008 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Just got my memory jogged

with the power of 28!! seeker28's Avatar
      Idaho, USA; the back end of nowhere.
      This was deffinatly a lucid dream. Sounds like a "natural" DILD -- one in which you knew you were dreaming without doing a RC.

A lucid dream is just a dream in which you know you are dreaming. How you arrive at this conclusion is unimportant.

I sometimes feel my muscles aching while I try to fly or do other "physical" things in my dreams (lucid or not). At times I even think "But I'm dreaming. Why do I feel tired?" Sometimes that ends the sensation, other times not.

Good job on the lucid dream!
      LD tasks of the month completed: 16
      Read some of my writing:
      http://dreamviews.com/community/showthread.php?t=52477

Visit my deviantart gallery:
      http://seeker28.deviantart.com/