• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      LD Count
      500+

Phantasos' Dream Land

Hello everyone. After rather long break I decided to start again lucid dreaming, so here I will post here my LDs. Here probably will no be regular dreams, because I use the modifiied version of Dream Journal technique, which called Cartography of Dreams and emphasize a place of dream over its plot. The only exception may be vivid and really interesting dreams.

Also here I will post my dream map.

Lucids in blue.

(19-03-2009): this thread is used not only like DJ, but also as my personal blog about my path to the ultimate goal of being lucid every night.
      Last edited by Phantasos; 03-19-2009 at 08:13 AM.

LD Count
      500+
      Today I had a short LD when I waked up and made RC. It failed, so I became lucid and flew out of window. Lucidity was not high though, and I do not remember much, even the place where LD ended. Probably I have to work hard on my dream recall.

LD Count
      500+
      Not a dream, but...

I was meditating (used breath for concentration and Holosync Awakening Prologue to help myself enter meditative state), and at some point I have saw very clearly a Japanese girl dressed in traditional yukata. She had something in the hands, maybe plate. Also she was illuminated - the room around her was in twilight but the girl herself was seen err.. very clearly like she was the source of light herself or maybe illuminated by some invisible external source of light.

The vision was only for a moment - I was so surprised that it disappeared very fast.

LD Count
      500+
      This night I had short LD.

I woken up at my room and decided to record my previous dream (I use small flash audio player with voice recorder for this). On its screen there was some game which was strange because this device is not capable for games. I looked at screen another time and there was some other game.

I am dreaming. I went to the hallway where I found my parents, but decided not to tell them that I am dreaming. Somehow they understood this and then my father took my hand and did not want to release it. For some reason I've decided that they are inorganic beings (too much Castaneda, I suppose, when I woke up, I did not found why they could be classified as one, they were not that strange, just little too obtrusive DCs), so I said that I do not like when someone hold my hand too long.

They both complained that they need little energy, because they do useful thing - guard my inner space from other inorganic beings .
      I started to lose my lucidity at this point and asked them do inorganic beings use technical devices. They said they did when they were on the Plains (whatever is this). Then I woke up and did RC just in case.

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Saint Augustine, Florida
      DJ Entries
      So, I notice you don't speak English very well. Do you speak it at all, or is it a translator? also, what's your first language. Sorry if that seemed off topic.

LD Count
      500+
      Quote Originally Posted by oniman7 View Post
      So, I notice you don't speak English very well. Do you speak it at all, or is it a translator?
      Yes, I speak (or should I said "write") it myself .

also, what's your first language.
      Russian, so I tend to use phrases which are not correct in English but legal in my native language. Also I often use incorrect prepositions .

LD Count
      500+

Finger Minds

Today I had vivid and interesting non-lucid dream with extensive plot. The dream itself spans to rather extensive period - no less than several month. Real length was about half an hour and dream was divided into several scenes (like in films).

"Finger Minds"

Let's become a neurosurgeon

I decided to get another higher education and become neurosurgeon, so I enrolled into both univercities who offered me such opportunity: Russian one and Holland's. I visited both and decided to stay at Holland's one because it was more superior and just more fun - after all I already had one Russian higher education.

How we study

Next scene was a lesson. Professor was very interesting one, and also he was a decent painter - he illustrated the lesson with crafty pictures painted in real time. He used a new method for teaching called which was aimed to make pupil
      suddenly realize and undestood essence and secrects of given science - similar to satori (enlightment) in Zen.

At the end of lesson professor said that he made a serum which can boost our abilities significantly, and called for volunteer. Firstly I was going to try it but another guy drink it first. Something went wrong, he was taken away,
      and we never saw him again. At that point, we started to suspect something strange was goint here.

A visit to Russian univercity

I've got call from one of the teachers in Russian univercity. We had a talk, and he tried to convince me to leave Holland's univercity and went back to Russian.
      "Why?" - asked I.
      "Their method of teaching is not tested sufficiently and not proven", - answered he. He did not say this, but obviously he considered it dangerous. Teacher knew something but he could not say, maybe because this information was classified.

Mother visits me

My mother visited me and she asked how I study, do we study a lot of time and so on.
      "Well" - said I - "we have lections every day, but it is not like I study much after that".
      Thought crossed mind.
      "Strange, - continued I, - I never knew chemistry but now I can deal with it pretty decent, though I did not really studied. And another strangeness - I can not remember what I do several hours after lessons. What the hell?"

Meeting

Other students and I gathered to discuss this situation and strage things which happen with us.
      "Do anyone see dreams?" - said I.
      "No" - was the answer.
      "Do anyone remember what he was doing from 18 to 21 o'clock?"
      No again.
      "I remembered last dream" - said one student - "Some dream entity was drawing life force from us".
      It was obviously that we were somehow taught during this time but what actually was going there?

The mistery is solved

I found of the univercity's professors and pressed him about this issue, or maybe it was one from the Russian univercity, I am not sure. He decided to tell the truth:

"At the one point of human evoiution the Nature created brains in human fingers. That's why you could here stories about bodies living some time after being decapitated. But as you understand, those brains in fingers were redundant, so they become dormant and not used by modern humans."

"The project, whose participants you are, was intended to wake up these minds. Not only you are taught in secret room, of which you do not have memories, but the information is recorded on those finger brains. It allows to learn a lot of material very fast: in previous experiment one of the participants was able to learn about 150 lines in a minute not long before his death."

"Yes, previous experiment failed, and everyone, whose finger minds were woken up, are dead."

LD Count
      500+

Cartografical analysis of "Finger minds"

The dream occurs mostly in two places - the Russian univercity and the Holland univercity.

The Russian univercity I know rather good - it frequently occurs in my dreams. It can look different but it is the same place which I call "the Institute".

The other one is more tricky. I also know it - my several dreams have taken place here. Usually this are also somehow connected to education but it is different from the Institute. The latter not very big, but this place features rather lot of rooms, laboratories and so on. Probably I should call it the Academy.

LD Count
      500+

Short LD

I have rather poor recall laterly - mainly because of getting to sleep late, so I do not remember why I became lucid - it was just like somebody turn on light: I remember myself standing in room lucid. Maybe dream started from FA, not sure.

I went to main room and to parents' room where they were watching TV. Immediately as I walked in, they understood that I am lucid, and their faces changed to unsightly grimaces (why the hell those DCs are so opposed to me being lucid?). Then I "grabbed" them: they dissappeared but in my hands it was like weak pulse of energy. Probably they were mere DCs after all .

Suddenly my cat entered room though a couple of moments later I understood that this is not really my cat. It had dark color with green and almost luminescent dots. Also it wanted to feed with energy of "grabbed" DCs.

At that point I started to lose lucidity. I walked around flat for some time, and then woke up.
      Last edited by Phantasos; 12-08-2008 at 10:35 PM.

LD Count
      500+
      "Dark to light"

I became lucid in my room. Not sure why I became lucid in first place, probably it was FA with failed RC. I tried to fly out of window (usually I just fly through it) but strange thing occured - I flyed out but several moments later I was again in my flat. I tried again with the same result. It was like something was not letting me get out.

Then I went to another room. It was dark and I decided to make more light. Switches did not work as usual, so I remembered an advice from this forum and to imagine that surrounding gradually become more and more bright. And so I did and slowly change night to day .

In one of the room I found Dad and checked him if he just DC or some "being". Looked like he was DC after all .

After this I started to lose lucidity and some complex dream with car chasing, magic, wizards and so one started.

LD Count
      500+

Life after death

Today I had hilarious dream with failed RC and unbelieveable way to justify it.

"Life after death"

I was living in some hotel when earthquake happened. Those who survived gathered in the hall waiting for possible guidelines. And then some thing happened. I came out of the hall, then returned and noticed that audio system changed to some old-fashioned phonograph!

I instantly remembered a Philip K. Dick's novel "Ubik" where main characters died and were placed to cryonic suspension and had strange "life" where world regressed more and more.

"Probably it is we who died in earthquake, - said I to survivors, - that's why there are so much little of us. Let's check is it reality or no!"

And so we did nose RC. It failed! What it could mean? And here I came up with great idea: "We are dead, guys!"

So everyone become unhappy, keepers of afterlife hotel have appeared, and I and some other guy, who as I knew was lucid dreamer before he died, started plotting escape from afterlife. We suddenly understood that afterlife is just like LD and so you should have every right to do what you want including ressurection! But organization which rule over afterlife does not want people to know it! (It's a plot )

We started to search ressurection device, afterlife guys tried to stop us but even so it was non-lucid I was rather freely using my LD powers (actually it was much easier because I had not to support my awareness). Somewhere in the middle of search I woke up.

LD Count
      500+

Post Dream map

Here is draft of my dream map.

Some points of interests:

Home - though I have not too much non-LD dreams at this location, most of my LD dreams starts here. Maybe because it is easier to notice dream signs here (and also FAs). I live in multifloor building, so usually in LD I just fly out of window because it is too much hassle to go down the stairs - one time I woke up before reaching exit . There is elevator but I do not trust them in dreams.

Univercity, Work, School, Academy - most re-occuring places in my dreams. Academy is tricky one - sometimes it is education facility, sometimes more like research one. It seems it is situated near Univercity which always represent univercity where I studied. All of this places are within Home city (which borders marked by circle).

Small town south of Home city - I used to visit it pretty often before my "dream break" during which I lost my recall and very rarely had LDs. Now my recall is improving and we will see if I still visiting this place. Back then it was connected with Home city with train route. Smaill town deserves a map of its own.

Train route - I am sure it is not only one or it is much longer but currently I am only sure about these stations. One at small town, a couple of others are after. Also there may be a station before small city. Also the direction of this route is pure guess work. Actually it may go in reverse direction and end up in forest.

As you see this map is still work-in-progress and have a lot of unknown places. I have about two-three dozens places which are not on the map but now I have no clue where to place them (or entrance to them - I had quite a lot of dreams about caves and such). South is mostly uncharted though I think there is river also.

Small and north towns are waiting for their own maps too. And subway of course. There is an entrance into subway station (near my house) which in the last dream also featured entrance to the Room maze. Though I was not lucid I begged my pardon and leaved it as soon as possible .

LD Count
      500+

Successful FILD!

Since joining Dreamviews I was trying FILD (Finger-Induced Lucid Dream) method once a while but to no success. But this time it worked .

I woke up but continue to lay still (though it was not perfect, I made small movements) and decided to try FILD. I started to flick right hand's index and middle fingers (as described in FILD tutorial). At first nothing was happening but then the wave of vibrations went through my body (it was much smaller than when I tried to WILD). It was a light of hope.

"May be I am already asleep?" - thought I and tried to bed with left hand's index finger. Indeed I felt like finger crossed some weak barrier, so I got up but my eyes were still closed. I feared that if I open it, I will woke up, so I said myself that dream scene slowly will appear before me, and so this happened. I was in my room with right eye closed! I had to "open" it, but it was already dream.

Everything was blurry so it was important to stabilize dream. I've started to rub my hands and said "Lucidity! Clearness!". It worked great. Probably it was the most vivid LD I had up to this day. I am nearsight IRL but here I could see almost everything - it was a great feeling .

Time was to leave my flat and I flew out of window. I've landed after some time and looked around. It seems like it was winter, Quite a number of DCs were simulating normal city activity. Amazing . Surrounding around were somewhat familiar (maybe I was here earlier or maybe it just reminded my of RL place).

I've decided to try something. At first nothing came to my mind but then I've remembered about telekinesys. I've tried to move a rock near me but to no avail, and remembered that last time when I tried TK, I imagine thing to be part of my body. I've tried this on other rock and was successful to get it in air and move in different directions.

It is interesting that dream scene was already changed when I did this. I am not sure - maybe I just walked before I tried second rock or maybe dream indeed changed before this. If last is the case, it certainly connected to a man who approached me. Strange but in dream I was not surprised, and it seems like I knew him. Maybe he was a Dream Guide?

We went somewhere along wide avenue. I was looking around enjoying the vividness of the dream. There were rather lot of DCs (like you could expect on the avenue). DCs pay to me no attention, and I was really glad.

While we were walking, I regularly touched buildings' walls to support lucidity. Meanwhile we had left avenue and were going along sidestreet. When we passed a small house with brown signboard I felt like it was very familiar place but we went further and entered other house. A Skeleton entered the same building after us! Actually I alrealy saw him when we walking along the sidestreet - back then I've asked my possible DG if he is dangerous but he answered it is ok.

This time I was ready to fight but it turned out that the skeleton was here with a business visit .
      After this unexpected turn of events I've started to lose lucidity fast and soon woke up.

"Oh, dear!", - thought I, - "FILD was successful and what a great LD I had!" .

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Saint Augustine, Florida
      DJ Entries
      Hey Phantasos, where have you been? Haven't posted here in a while. By the way, what is FILD?

LD Count
      500+
      Quote Originally Posted by oniman7 View Post
      Hey Phantasos, where have you been? Haven't posted here in a while.
      Just a bit busy IRL and had not nice lucids to write about. As for dreaming I also adopted DreamQueen's exercise (described at the bottom of this post under "Improving Dream Recall, Quantity and Vividness" title). Another experiment I am doing right now is to get my alter-ego in different parts of dream world using self-hypnosis. Already got some interesting results but still not much enough to write about.

By the way, what is FILD?
      It is a nice method I found on Dreamviews. I try it occasionally on some nights (though only one success for now).

LD Count
      500+

Time to get serious and DEEP into Lucid Dreaming

Ok, after reading and researching of all information stored on Dreamviews I've tested and selected some of them which seem to be working for me. Now time to get serious with LD training have come .

So I decided to combine all of the selected methods into one regimen and try to keep it for one month. To make it more cool and more motivating it was decided to give this regimen a nice title:

Dream Enchancing Entrainment Program

It is cool, does not it?

So what will be packed into it?

1. RCs after waking up - pretty standard to be protected against FA's
      2. Occasional RCs when things around seems to be "suspicious" - I do not like regular RCs because it may become routine but occasional checking of world reality will do.
      3. Meditation - 30-60 minutes. It seems like Holosync + Third Eye tech are working pretty fine for me, and I am actually able to sit for a 30 minutes doing nothing . Actually it is rather interesting experience when thoughts are dying out. The ultimate goal for this part will be entering into dreaming during meditation.
      4. DJ + DMap - I keep Dream Journal and Dream Map but often too lazy to record them after waking up with voice and then transfer dreams to excel and map files at evening. Within deep I will try to record at least 2-3 dreams every night, transfer them to excel file at evening, and at weekends update my main map + make small maps for decent dreams.
      5. DreamQueen's exercise (described at the bottom of this post under "Improving Dream Recall, Quantity and Vividness" title) - its effect seems to me somewhat like Calea's effects.
      6. FILD - this worked for me once so it should work another time. Ultimate goal - regular FILDing .
      7. Self-hypnosis - I've experimented with it for a while, and it gave some nice result. I will use 61-point relaxation tech and then autosuggestions to improve recall and send my dreamself to places I want to visit. It does not work 100% though, for example I wanted to get into regular train but got into subway one. Well, that's good enough .

Ok, I will try to stick to this regimen for a month and we will see what will come out of this. Since tomorrow I will post here about how DEEPing to lucid dreamins is going.

LD Count
      500+

DEEP Day 1&2

First two days went more or less smoothly. Made meditation (and fall asleep ), made DQE both of nights, made FILD but not successfully. Made auto-suggestions ("I recall dreams better and better with every passing day"). Reaped about four dreams, one of them was very long and had complex plot (just like novel). To make this post more significant I will tell what I think about DQE (DreamQueen's exercise - see link above).

To me it is somewhat like to Calea Zakatechichi effect. Calea makes dreams more vivid and complex, and this exercise (at least in my case) also makes them more complex in plot's regard. Last dreams are like small novels.

The only problem with recall I have is that I need to grab my voice recorder and tell something into it really fast or I will be left with just vague feeling of what had happened.

LD Count
      500+

DEEP Day 3

Seems like I wasted an LD, probably FILD-induced .

I woke up somewhere at 6, and after doing everything what I wanted to do, got back to the bed. I forgot to record dream and could not recall what it was about (so I remembered it was quite long) so there were no point to do DQE. I've decided to make FILD instead, and it seems it succeded (but I did not knew ).

The problem with FILD is that transition maybe so smooth that you may not even notice it and think you are still lie in the bed! Now I remember that there was a change in perception but at that time I did not gave any thoughs to it. Instead I decided that FILD failed and I did not do an RC!

Ok, then there was a small time lapse and next I feel like I am dreaming but have no visuals (very FILDish). I've tried to get into dream scene but then decided that I am close to wakening and gave up.

Guess what? Next an ND starts where I am talking with someone about lucid dreams!

LD Count
      500+

DEEP Day 4

Well, I had very complex dream about eggs, wizards and WWII. A dream movie. Probably I should analyze it and recall as much of plot and surroundings as possible.

The other news is that I am considering to drop meditation in favour of addtional hour of sleep. I have about of 5-6 hours of rather deep sleep, then I woke up and rest of the night is available for dream experiments, so I have to get maximum I can spare from waking time.

Also adopted new RC tech which is to try poke through any solid object (for example, wall or table) with finger. It is convenient to use almost everywhere.

LD Count
      500+

DEEP Days 5-12

Here is a short update on what is going on.

Meditation was officially discarded as I decided that the main goal are lucid dreams and it is better to swap meditation for extra slepp and more specific techniques for now.

Started to dump all dreams from voice recorder to Notecase (which I use now as DJ). While writing down, I am doing a specific exercise to get most of this process.

Exercise "Fill a dream"

After writing down a plot or remembered bits of it, I remember most vivid scenes and then focus and try to recreate different details by visualization of the scene. Where it was happening? What were surroundings? What you and other DCs were wearing? For example, I remembered that in one of my dreams where I was in prison and had to fill some form, I understood that I was sitting at my actual table and used pink paper .

Another important part of dream is to remember general layout of the place (I still not decided on a program but as soon as I do I probably will start to make minimaps of the dreams). It is rather fascinating - and, of course, it is very helpful for the goals of dream cartography .
      Also I adopted another exercise which is easy and fun to do while getting to work.

Exercise "Observing the world and feeling the reality"

When I move along the street I look around attentively trying to find different peculiarities of the surroundings and just to remember it in general, so the next day I could use them as evidence I am in reality. It is rather funny how much interesting one can found and how much we do not notice usually. Sometimes I do reality check if I feel I am cheated or not sure about some detail or something is too suspicious (and in fact our reality is a place with a lot of strange things! ).

At the same time I try to feel my body, listen to street noise and such. Do you remember how real LD sometimes can be? Do you remember how enjoyful this feeling may be? But did you thought how real our reality is? Just stop and look at the street, at the trees.. Listen to street noise, touch something.. Feel your own body. It is damn real!
      And today I have rather interesting dream as this exercise starts to bear fruits.

Dream "Fake stages"

I had a dream about being a member of one organization which essentially fought with other. At some point one of my friends was taken as a hostage, and we entered a building where he was (as we knew).

I've looked at the surroundings and said: "damn, I was here already twice in this dream! Wtf they even can not prepare different stage?" By "them" I meant those who made a plot of the dream . I did not make an RC so did not get lucid . Still, experience was rather interesting.

LD Count
      500+

A Dark Short LD

My mobile phone had rang but I set it to snooze mode so it would rang 8 minutes later, and I could sleep a little more .

I dreamt that I am with some girls are in foreign country at the train station (?) where everybody can exchange with their clothes. After some time I woke up. I tried to get my MP3 player but instead I found strange device which I certainly have not IRL.

Immediately I understood that I am dreaming. I made nose RC and it failed so I am ready to go. Dream starts to faid, so I try to stop it using different methods, and next moment I am again in my flat.

Suddenly I felt fear but remembered that it is my dream so everything is good. I went to the window and flyed through it. Funny but going though it was similar to doing this in DOOM with IDCLIP on .

Surroundings were dark and gloomy. It was like "Lower world" or some murky 3D shooter - barely lit buildings hardly seen in the dark, rare street-lamps and such. Under street-lamp right against front of my house I saw a girl. At first I wanted to have sex with her but then decided against it, because I was not sure I would be able to control dream.

Another reason was that I felt this girl was drug addict. I flyed a little a found myself in some dark passages, and saw another addict girls who clearly wanted to catch me (for what reason I wonder? ).

Suddenly I heard a ring of my mobile phone, and I woke up.

LD Count
      500+

DEEP Update (Days 13-22)

The DEEP training is going rather good. I significantly improved my dream recall and able to push into voice recorder about 2-3 every night. If I had not to do FILD exercise, it would be 4-5 I suppose, but something had to be sacrificed on the road to the ultimate goal: LUCID EVERY NIGHT!

At the other side I still did not got myself to everyday processing of recorded dreams , well, let's hope, it will be fixed soon.

Among another interesting things is that while I still was not able to convince my subconsciousness that I really need to go lucid every time I dream, using self-hypnosis, now I drift to sleep really fast after 61-point relaxation.

Still no major success with FILD, so I've browsed DV and LD4ALL, and refined it a bit, let's hope it will help to get things as they should be (being lucid every night ).

LD Count
      500+

2 LDs

Today was good night . I had 1 FILD and 1 DILD.

"True face and Angels of Pearl Flowers"

I've successfully FILDed, and after some struggling with usual FILD problems was in my room. Tried to fly from window but every time was mystically again in my flat. After 4rd time decided to make an experiment which is held on one Russian dream forum - one have to say DC to show true face.

Tried on my mother. She started to morph (but rather slowly) and asked who gave me this advice. I answered that I'd read it on the forum . She explained that lucid dreamers by making this request repeatedly drived DCs to form secret society "Angels of Pearl Flowers" and automatically increase their level of aggression.

Then I started to lose lucidity by participating in the plot: I've tried to stop morphing by calling some guy named "Threat" from previous ND using rotary dial phone (I had somehow dial by his name using this device), and while I was trying to figure how one can input name "Threat" using this device, I lost lucidity.

A Cup of Beer

DILD happened in the middle of the very long dream. I had to sent a flashcard with results of research to one guy (who is my co-worker IRL) by going to another guy's place (who is also my co-worker IRL), giving him card, and then first guy would pick this flashcard another day.

I remembered that this house was quite far away from my home (I was there in one of previous NDs), and decided not to go there, but after some time plot twisted so I was in that house (which actually more looked like one of IRL univercities where I once was IRL) with both guys walking along a hall.

Suddenly I remembered about a flashcard and said to myself I should take it with me . "Wait, -thought I, - I was not going to go here, and still I am here! Something is not right...
      I am dreaming!" .

First guy returned from the bar into which he went little earlier and gave the biggest cup with beer to celebrate my lucidity . After a little I lost my lucidity
      and dream went on.

LD Count
      500+

A short DILD

Lucidity: low

I was in the kitchen, preparing to go to work. Suddenly my grandfather entered and then leaved. It was very unnatural because he passed long ago. I make nose RC but could not believe it. I did it again and again until I was convinced: I am dreaming!

I looked around and saw my mother and remembered a talk about lucid dreaming we had IRL recently. I've decided to make her lucid , and said her we are dreaming, and she should make a nose RC. She could breathe normally! She started to look around, and soon I woke up.

LD Count
      500+

DILD: Closing the Door Telekinetically

Lucidity: low
      Duration: short

I was in my flat, closing and opening the bathroom's door using the power of telekinesis. I was very glad that I finally learned how to use it in reality. "In reality?" - thought I and made nose RC. I could breathe. It was a dream.

I went to the parents' room and tried to fly out of the window but again had this problem: as I flew out I again was in the room! . Then I started to spin in order to change dream scene but it did not work, and I woke up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast