• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      USA

Lucid Task for the Month of January 2006

Introduction:

This topic is for the Lucid Tasks I assign each month. During this month, attempt one or both of the tasks.

There will be a badge for each task, however both cannot be displayed simultaneously.

Report back in this thread, even if you didn't successfully accomplish the task, your efforts should make interesting reading! This is required in order to get credit, it is no longer sufficient just to say that you did it.

Whoever completes either of these tasks gets a custom title until the end of the month. (Note, if you are staff, I cannot give you a custom title, it would override your staff title)

Those that complete the tasks have the right to add the GIFs to their signatures when this month has ended.

Tasks for this month:

Lucid Task: Go to the animal shelter and adopt a pet

Advanced Lucid task: Be a pet at the animal shelter and get adopted
      you must be the change you wish to see in the world...
      -gandhi

Killler by night dreamcatcher05's Avatar
      California™
      Oh My

Both tasks will be hard for me

But ill see what i can do
      Adopted: HoppyPotty, and TheEnergyIsAroundUs

Barned Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      The Second Plateau
      Bah im not compassionate enough for this... unless I get a monkey
      Cheis. Dailo.
      It's tough to bring someone back that never really lived.

Yesssss!

This task might be do-able for me.
      I used to work at an animal shelter.

The christmas one didn't work out...the closest I came to anything Christmasy was paintballing ornaments off of a Christmas tree.

Barned Achievements:
      The Second Plateau
      Yeah, december was pretty much a complete failure for my LD wise, didnt have one until the 31st lol

Ill be trying this tonight
      Cheis. Dailo.

proximity infatuation
      trapped near the inner circle of fault
      DJ Entries
      I always wanted a spider monkey. This should be fun. I'll see if I can get it to skate a half pipe and catch some air!
      dj | freeform

"...if you could only see what I've seen with your eyes!" ~Roy Batty

Banned

Re: Lucid Task for the Month of January 2006

Originally posted by Seeker
      Be a pet at the animal shelter and get adopted
      So, you need to morph into a pet, then get adopted?

USA

Re: Lucid Task for the Month of January 2006

Originally posted by nesgirl119
      So, you need to morph into a pet, then get adopted?
      Yes, unless you want to remain a human, but we have a word for that, it's call slavery

Sorry I watched Charlie and the Chocolate facory the other night, it was full of little gems similar to that one.
      -gandhi

California™
      I was going to this warehouse looking thing for a another dog and as soon as i saw it i instantly new i was dreaming because i had this dream before[/b]
      Seeker did you get the idea from my lucid dream last month?

Barned Achievements:
      The Second Plateau
      I have a feeling that I was sort of a dog in my non lucid dream, and im not sure how I got to the pound, but at soem point I became lucid
      and even though I know I was a dog, I looked to myself sort of like me(well when I was in third person somtimes and I would look like a dog) but when I was in first person I didnt actually feel like I had four legs though, I guess it was a little bit like in quantum leap, he still looks like him self but he is something else)
      I was a dog, and all of the animals were on different cages like built into the wall, and I looked in the back corner of my cage and there was a hole in the wall that Icould climb out, and so I went and it was like a tunnel in the wall, and it was connected to all of the cages, so I started to help all of the dogs get out of their ages and into the back tunnel. then we went down the tunnel and cameinto this open around and we all sat around and I told them how we we all goign to break out. I would go into the big cage room(which was like a room in a prison) and slip throught the bars and flip the switch to open the cages. So I kept goign through the tunnel and I came to the room that just had verticle bars and I slipped thorugh them, and then there was a lever sort of like the ones they have in alcatraz and I swtiched it and thne I started to lose it, but Iremember we all started to escape, but after that I dont rembemer

So.. I guess I didnt get adopted lol
      Cheis. Dailo.

Sor - Tee - Le - Gee - O Sortilegio's Avatar
      lalala
      hmm, seems interesting, I love morphing . I will defenetly try this
      Here and there...

I have a feeling I might have trouble with this. As I am not sure I would have enough patience to find a shelter, and search out a pet, or become a pet. I will be a cat though.
      Never stop searching for truth. In your search you may think you have found it, and perhaps you have, but if you hold on tightly to a single thread it will fray and it's greater meaning will become lost. There is always more truth stretching deep beneath the surface that promises to reveal ever greater the infinite, interwoven fabric of truth, woven in the looms of Heaven.

--Raised by Seeker--

California™
      I can't believe it was that easy

I became lucid in a dream and i flew out the window, and i remember the tasks so i just kept thinking their is going to be a animal shelter around the corner, and sure enough their was. So i floated through the gates, and saw a dog that i liked. So possesed how they do in the movie "Evil dead", and i turned into it. For like 5 minutes i was scratching behind my ear because it felt really good. Then a young girl came out in front of the gate and said,"mommy i want that one". I started rolling over, Nodded my head like i was confused, to look adorable. The mom was saying awwwww hes so cute lets take him. Then this guy came out and got me and gave me to them the young girl took hold, and took me to the car.
      Then i awoke in a false awakening.

P.S - The weirdest animal i saw was a kangaroo for adoption in the dream

lalala
      eh, whoops, I totaly forgat about this last night
      Here and there...

Banned
      At last!! I completed the Dreamin of Gamin task!!
      Finally, task complete. I adopt a kitten named Seecat (and don't worry, he's neutered!!), then I went down to the shelter again, this time morphing myself into a cat, & have no problem getting in & adopted by Blue again. So then I go pick up Seecat in my cat form, & we both go home w/Blue, & we play like cats are suppose to, except I can talk.

USA
      Congrats to you two that have finished the task already!

Originally posted by nesgirl119
      & we both go home w/Blue, & we play like cats are suppose to, except I can talk.
      That made me grin
      -gandhi

Banned
      Originally posted by Seeker
      Congrats to you two that have finished the task already!

That made me grin
      Thanx, but I didn't quite do it night b4.....I made up for it last night after getting up, & reading the book in the B.room (one of my favs to do!!).
      Want to try it too? If you can complete it, I can hand over the DoG Badge to you!!
      Must do the task I mentioned!! Combine the Regular & advanced tasks, then show your owner your adopted pet, & both of you go to her home together...
      Like the Seecat comment, Seeker?

lalala
      Yeah, I got adopted, I wilded last night and ended on a rollercoaster So I got off and went for the oportunity to become a dog, and I went to one of the cages nearby(was at a circus kind of place) and got in with some lions and an elephant and started talking to them about getting adopted when people started showing and seeing the lions talk and where amazed and whanting to buy them, I talked to a little girl watching and asked her to adopt me, so she asked her parents who got kind of dificult but ended getting me , then the elefant blew his nose? trompety like making music and everyone was like: "whoa, awsome, clapping" lol. It was a very funny dream, I don't know if counts since I wasn't at a shelter?
      Here and there...

Iconoclast
      Phoenix improper
      I failed, in a way. You judge if I did it or not.

I changed into a lion, turned the scene into a pet store, which I guess is not an animal shelter. Then I made a customer come in. I had all the other cages in the place empty. When he came in I thought of myself as Puss N' Boots from Shrek 2, with those adorable little eyes. Then the guy expressed interest, and went to get a toy to test me. From then on I was a tiger, and my future owner did not come back.

Before he left to get the toy, I did skip forward in time and pictured him already having adopted me. Then, I was out of the cage and I ate him, as the lion.

USA
      Originally posted by DistantClone
      Then, I was out of the cage and I ate him, as the lion.
      Sorry, don't eat the hand that adopts you. I almost let you have credit for this one. Month is young, I'm sure you will do it before the month is finished
      -gandhi

Well I SHOULD have completed this task last night. I was in a Walmart with some of my family, and my Granddad was hopping mad at me for some reason, and something made me go lucid. He was in the middle of jumping up and down on a cashier counter, and I told him to wait while I went somewhere. I was able to remember the first task (I like to do the easy first, then the hard). So I walked out of the front door and expected there to be a pet store around the corner, and there it was. I walked inside, and looked around for a cat. They were all dogs! I had to force a cat into my dream, and I looked over and there it was. A fairly mangy looking black and white cat, a fat one at that. I walked over to it, and before I could open the cage, my dream inexplicably ended. My dream had been stable up to that point, so I didn't see a reason for the abrupt ending, but such is dreaming.
      Never stop searching for truth. In your search you may think you have found it, and perhaps you have, but if you hold on tightly to a single thread it will fray and it's greater meaning will become lost. There is always more truth stretching deep beneath the surface that promises to reveal ever greater the infinite, interwoven fabric of truth, woven in the looms of Heaven.

--Raised by Seeker--

USA
      You should have taken a dog, I suspect that was the problem.
      -gandhi

Rocket Man
      Minot, ND
      I wonce became a fox, and was adopted by the daughter from "Alf." There was a bit of confusion when he thought i was a cat, so i turned into a timberwolf and bit him viciously. I turned back before anyone else came into the room. That made any confusion moot.

Swear to you, I'm not making that up. It was lucid, too.

crazy f**ker tried to eat me!

I WILL try tonight. I've been wanting a black pug since I got nintendogs, I'll see if I can adopt my nintendogs pug.

Wish me luck!

Adopted by: Billybob_001

Originally posted by Sortilegio
      Yeah, I got adopted, I wilded last night and ended on a rollercoaster So I got off and went for the oportunity to become a dog, and I went to one of the cages nearby(was at a circus kind of place) and got in with some lions and an elephant and started talking to them about getting adopted when people started showing and seeing the lions talk and where amazed and whanting to buy them, I talked to a little girl watching and asked her to adopt me, so she asked her parents who got kind of dificult but ended getting me , then the elefant blew his nose? trompety like making music and everyone was like: \"whoa, awsome, clapping\" lol. It was a very funny dream, I don't know if counts since I wasn't at a shelter?
      heh, awesome dream!

“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” (or better yet: three...)
      George Bernard Shaw

No theory, no ready-made system, no book that has ever been written will save the world. I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker. - Mikhail Bakunin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast