• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      USA

Lucid Task for the month of April 2006

Introduction:

This topic is for the Lucid Tasks I assign each month. During this month, attempt one or both of the tasks.

There will be a badge for each task, however both cannot be displayed simultaneously.

Report back in this thread, even if you didn't successfully accomplish the task, your efforts should make interesting reading! This is required in order to get credit, it is no longer sufficient just to say that you did it.

Whoever completes either of these tasks gets a custom title until the end of the month. (Note, if you are staff, I cannot give you a custom title, it would override your staff title)

Those that complete the tasks have the right to add the GIFs to their signatures when this month has ended.

Tasks for this month:

Lucid Task: Swallow a goldfish (not the little crackers!)

Advanced Lucid task: Return to some previous event in your life that has meaning for you. Try to observe all you can, change something if you feel you must.
      you must be the change you wish to see in the world...
      -gandhi

Banned
      does it have to be lucid? because i did the first in a non lucid dream once.

Helsinki, Finland
      About time! Well, let's see... swallow a goldfish? hmm that's kind of weird

The advanced task could be quite cool, it would give me a chance to build/try my own timemachine. Picking the right moment of my life would be the hard part. Apart from the "get lucid" part... heh

xcrissxcrossx: Yes, it does.

Ha, i'm going to have to try these tasks, it will give me something to do when dreaming.. lol
      Thanks.
      I will post back my attemps at this, hopefully i can go into a lucid dream tonight

Barned Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      The Second Plateau
      I had trouble thinking of a moment to go back to, because Im sort of a live in the present and for the future and dont like to live in the past type of guy. But after thinking about it, I think I remembered the perfect scene.
      Cheis. Dailo.
      It's tough to bring someone back that never really lived.

Originally posted by xcrissxcrossx
      does it have to be lucid? because i did the first in a non lucid dream once.
      That's why it's called a lucid dreaming task.

Adopted by: Billybob_001

the advanced thask is really genius,imagine beeing at exect moment befour ur friend/relative died and save him/her and talk one last time whit him/her

CT USA
      I dont really think i want to swallow a goldfish, thinking about it makes me feel a little sick lol. The other task is very interesting, i dont really live a very exciting life im going to have to think hard to figure out a appropriate senario.
      LD - 14

LD Genius

YEAH, THE advanced one sounds good too. I would like to try what Nikolaa said.

Along the broken road

Does this count???

I actually accomplished last month's advanced task on the night of the second of this month, I called lightening to strike me. Do I still get credit even though the month is up, or is that chance gone with the month?

My dream is the third in my journal: http://www.dreamviews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28538

Please PM me with your decision
      Live for the day.

Banned

Re: Lucid Task for the month of April 2006

Originally posted by Seeker
      Introduction: *

This topic is for the Lucid Tasks I assign each month. During this month, attempt one or both of the tasks. *

There will be a badge for each task, however both cannot be displayed simultaneously. *

Report back in this thread, even if you didn't successfully accomplish the task, your efforts should make interesting reading! This is required in order to get credit, it is no longer sufficient just to say that you did it. *

Whoever completes either of these tasks gets a custom title until the end of the month. (Note, if you are staff, I cannot give you a custom title, it would override your staff title) *

Those that complete the tasks have the right to add the GIFs to their signatures when this month has ended. *

Tasks for this month: *

Lucid Task: Swallow a goldfish (not the little crackers!) *

Advanced Lucid task: Return to some previous event in your life that has meaning for you. Try to observe all you can, change something if you feel youmust.
      Hey! That is what I did last night!! Except for the goldfish eating. I talked to my younger self, and she took me back into time to 6th grade. It was so awesome, but considering yesterday was Sunday, I couldn't have come on here to see it.
      Still need to 'time-travel' and eat a golden cheep-cheep (Super Mario Bros fish) while playing it on my GBC (did not have a GBA until 8th grade)

USA
      Nope sorry folks. You have to do the lucid tasks AFTER I post them in order to get credit.
      -gandhi

Banned
      Nope sorry folks. *You have to do the lucid tasks AFTER I post them in order to get credit.
      I did it last night, so what are you talking about?

Does it count if I didn't see the post (b/c I cannot come on here on Sundays), and did the task anyways?

USA
      Originally posted by nesgirl119
      I did it last night, so what are you talking about?

Does it count if I didn't see the post (b/c I cannot come on here on Sundays), and did the task anyways?
      Nesgirl, you continue to weird me out here by doing the lucid tasks before you even get a chance to read them
      -gandhi

I swallowed a DC once. If I do that again, would that count?
      Wayne

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/3741/zcsig8gs.jpg

Mynd you, mřřse bites Kan be pretty nasti...

Banned

Nesgirl, you continue to weird me out here by doing the lucid tasks before you even get a chance to read them *

That's because I really had to see what it was like b4 7th grade. I really did work on teams back then, though I do not do very well now. I wanted to experience it one last time!!

Wasn't trying to go Beyond that...
      PS: I think I did swallow a goldfish last night (the one that died over at my niece's house), and I threw it up afterwards..*gag!!

Nice advanced one this month. there are many videos out there of people swalling a goldfish in waking life. whats so special about it in a dream o0. You should of put something like - swallow a whale or a ship =p

Banned
      it seems that i have really good dream control, but i have a hard time getting into dreams. if i am lucky enough to get an LD during spring break i'll be sure to try the lucid tasks.

I haven't had any LD's after joining, but I think I could try the first task if I achieve lucid...

Explorer Achievements:
      1 year registered 5000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class Referrer Silver
      Florida, USA
      Woo finally,

I was wondering if you had forgotten or something (Seeker; advanced task)

anyway im deffinately going to do this one

Banned
      Yess! I finally did it at a better time.

I was younger, and played Pokemon Blue and Yellow, and in my younger state, I noticed that I was playing on a Gameboy Color, which meant a lot to me back then (as much as a Nintendo DS or a Gameboy Micro means to me now), and even noticed I was a lot shorter! I then swallowed a Goldeen (Goldfish Pokemon), but it pricked my stomach and throat, so I threw it up. Afterwards, I just had some fun playing Yellow!!

And of course Nintendo meant a lot to me even back then, so of course I wanted to time-travel to then, and with a Nintendo Event coming up at the end of this month, I thought I would just want to remember..

Switzerland

First time I succeed at an advanced task!

Successful WILD last night. . Advanced Lucid Task completed. Yay.

When doing my WBTB routine as of 3am I read the lucid task for the month, but didn’t go back to sleep intending to do it (seemed too hard). But… it sort of happened anyway.

Going WILD was pretty funky and I’ve described how it happened (as well as how I stabilized things once I was lucid) in detail in my dream journal. Here is an extract of the LD that followed:

Before leaving my room I decided to put some pants on, and did so (for some reason I was naked from the waist down, which is however not how I sleep). I guess this is where Morpheus would have said: “do you believe those are pants you’re wearing now?” . I left my room and headed towards the kitchen, where I could hear voices.

One of my aims in LDs these days is finding my sister with whom I had a huge argument a while ago which has left a lot of tension in the family. There she was, in the kitchen with my Mum. Except they both looked a lot younger, as if this was fifteen years ago (when I was still living at home). I told my sister that I forgave her, and said I was sorry that I’d also been too harsh. I said this a couple of times and gave her a hug. I also told my Mum I loved her, and that the past was ok.

I then left the kitchen and went to the bathroom to find a mirror. Looking in the mirror I could see a much younger kid – maybe only ten or twelve years old. But he didn’t look like me at all.

UNQUOTE

So basically I entered a scene right out how things were fifteen years ago, and was able to interact with the DCs. I didn’t actually intend it to be in the past, the dream just turned out this way (because I had read the lucid task of the month just before going to sleep? Maybe…).

"And if in our sleep and dreams we perceive, more distinctly than in the day-life, signs of the highest beauty and the purest bliss, - should we not then give them our closest attention?"

Frederick van Eeden

i don't know if i'm gonna do this if i achive LD,man i don't want to see a dead relative,i'd be f**ked up for the next week,but it's good to have and XP,if nothing talk to my junger sailf,or anybody else

USA
      Originally posted by BillyBob_001
      I was wondering if you had forgotten or something (Seeker; advanced task)
      How could I forget Bob! You've been nagging me to use your task for months now!
      -gandhi

Seeker?

I DID IT! I FINALLY DID IT! After a dry bout of what seems like ages, I had another 30-second (ARGH!) lucid last night! It took a LOT of concentrating all day, but I managed it.

In the dream, I was on the street in the city, and all of a sudden I thought, "Am I dreaming?". I thought, and looked at my hands, "No, I'm not, got five.... hang on, I've got a sixth finger, I'm dreaming!"

I wasn't excited, just releived, but the dream world started getting shakey. Purely on reflex, and not on anything else, I just shrieked, "STOP IT! I'M DREAMING, AND I'LL BLOODY WELL KEEP DREAMING!"

It stabalised. *Smirk*

Then this man came down the street with a box, and I immediately knew that they were goldfish. I bought one, and was incredibly releived it was dead, and even checked a few times to make sure (we had a fish of three years die, and it kept faking, last week, so I think it comes from that. ). It was tiny, and when I tried to swallow it, I couldn't. I already felt guilty about it not being alive. Then I thought, "Hang on, Seeker never said it had to be alive, or intact!" I ended up quickly cruncing it, and eating it. Tasted DISGUSTING and looked like a dead fish I once saw on the beach, except a really small version, but it was a goldfish.

Then I yelled, "YEEEEES!" but then everything got shakey again and disappeared.

Adopted by: Billybob_001

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast