• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Dynamic Dreaming Duo?!

Ok. I didn't put this in the Adoption thread area because it is not adoption. It's different. I was thinking to myself...

Hmm... I know a lot about dreaming and I could probably talk someone through the process... maybe I should adopt someone!

But then I thought...

Wait... I'm not a very good dreamer myself, though... maybe I should get adopted...

And I didn't like the thought of that either, so I decided to try something completely new. I would like to start a Dynamic Dreaming Duo. It's sort of like adoption, but more like a buddy program. I look out for my buddy and my buddy looks out for me. Someone who is ok, even mediocre, at lucidity, but not kick ass. Someone who can teach me, and someone who can learn from me.

I'm going to stick with dreaming until I have it down to an art and if someone is in my same situation, let's get join forces.

SO! Here's my profile.

I've LD'd a few times naturally but completely by accident. I only LD'd once after I knew what they were. I haven't been into dreaming for 2 years but I'm back on the band wagon. I, personally, think OOBEs and APs are totally fake but somehow I still have respect people who are into them because they at least believe in something. The fact that I don't believe in OOBEs and APs is represented by my firm belief that dreams are scientific, not spiritual. Everything in dreams goes on in the mind. Anyways, I'm gonna stick with lucid dreaming until I got it down so if anyone wants to start a Dynamic Dreaming Duo and help coach me whilst being coached, I'm down with that.

Respond here or PM, its all good.

That's brilliant, I should have thought of it myself. That's the same position I was in when I thought about adoption. Maybe we could make two different kinds of adoptions; the regular and the "Dynamic Duo" type, since we certainly have more inexperienced would-be adoptees than we have experienced adopters.

I would, but I don't know how consistently I will be able to get online and talk. Maybe at some point in the future.
      "Of course it is all happening inside your head...but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

~Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Hey!

That's a great idea. I...think...I'm at about the same place as you, though with a few less lucid dreams, or as far as I remember.

The one thing, however, is that I DO believe in AP's and OBE's but as you said, at least it's something!

Anyways, seems like a good idea, so if yourself, or anyone else wants a buddy, I'm here!

Great idea,
      Brandon
      Number of LDs
      DILD-2
      WILD-0
      MILD-0
      DEILD-0
      TOTAL-2

Thanks! I'm glad you like the idea!

And just for clarification, I'm not really look for someone that is constantly available so that I can bother them with my every issue... Just a one on one kinda thing to compare results and get the viewpoints of one person... I find that going through the forum and reading, while helpful, can also be confusing. I looked at the "members" list by clicking on the top bar thingy under the banner and it says there are over 12000 registered DV members. If everyone was active (about 1/25 probably are, if that) then there would be 12000 different viewpoints out there. Sometimes the board gets repetitive. Sometimes the board contradicts itself. Just a thought, but I'm thinking one on one learning/teaching just might work.

Richard Bach wrote, "Learning is finding out what you already know, Doing is demonstrating that you know it, Teaching is reminding others that they know it as well as you do. We are all learners, doers, and teachers."

That's kinda what this is all about.

Dreamer
      New York
      yea that does sound pretty cool.

i'm up for it too, if we start getting more people that we can keep pairing off

Lucid Guru Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      The Astral Plane
      I'm in, this sounds like a good idea to me.
      "As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle being swept along is no longer enough"

"Expanding Conciousness Since 2005"
      SHILD (Self Hypnosis Induced Lucid Dream)

DJ Entries
      This sounds like a great idea. Here's my profile:

I want to find a partner that'll help me WILD. In turn, I hope I can help them DILD. It's an exchange of strongpoints and weakpoints. Or perhaps I could find someone in the same situation as me: quasi-frequent DILDer, newb WILDer.

Must share a scientific viewpoint of lucid dreaming (no OBE, AP). Shouldn't want to lucid dream just for lucid sex (it can be a motivator, but not the chief motivator). Despite having a scientific standpoint, should hold some degree of respect for the unconscious processes involved with dreaming. For the good of us both, he/she must have similar forum activity (log in at least once a day). Must tolerate competitive pokemon players. xD
      Abraxas

Quote Originally Posted by OldSparta
      I murdered someone, there was bloody everywhere. On the walls, on my hands. The air smelled metallic, like iron. My mouth... tasted metallic, like iron. The floor was metallic, probably iron

K sweet! We are building up our DDD database and I think after we get some more people in here and thinking this is a good idea, we can start pairing off.

Keep getting other people in the forum on here! We'll have better chances having better duos if we have more people in on it!

oh and Abra, my second lucid ever (one of my three or four) was when I was pretty young and I managed to summon giant pokemon and rode on their backs lol it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Abra View Post
      This sounds like a great idea. Here's my profile:

I want to find a partner that'll help me WILD. In turn, I hope I can help them DILD. It's an exchange of strongpoints and weakpoints. Or perhaps I could find someone in the same situation as me: quasi-frequent DILDer, newb WILDer.

Must share a scientific viewpoint of lucid dreaming (no OBE, AP). Shouldn't want to lucid dream just for lucid sex (it can be a motivator, but not the chief motivator). Despite having a scientific standpoint, should hold some degree of respect for the unconscious processes involved with dreaming. For the good of us both, he/she must have similar forum activity (log in at least once a day). Must tolerate competitive pokemon players. xD
      Holy crap. Except for the pokemon bit, you ARE me.
      "Of course it is all happening inside your head...but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"

Madrid, Spain
      I like the idea and share the scientific approach to LD, no AP or OBE. I started to LD in February 2007 and I've been very consistent. I'm in, pair me up!
      Last edited by MixedMan; 09-18-2007 at 12:11 PM.
      "Why are you explaining to me how your lucid dream works? I'm just a figment of your imagination." -Smart ass DC
      LD Tasks:
      -> Have MILDs at will
      -> Ask my subconcsious mind something deep (i.e. the meaning of life)
      -> Have a fight controlling bullet-time
      -> Call my cell phone and ask the DC who he is

DJ Entries
      congregating with segregated ideological dream thinking will prove useless.

unless accompanied by a messiah such as myself.

i am here not only to guard you from the insecure moderators with their ironic wrath, but also to persecute anything with ideas further segregating from this cause.

yes. it seems i will have to end the existence of some of you already.

otherwise, you should continue with this thread completely disregarding any such thought or action by myself.
      You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light.

DJ Entries
      Though, in relation to the topic, excellent idea.

I hate the illusion of authority just as much as i hate people.

Someone of equal skill sounds like an interesting idea.
      You merely have to change your point of view slightly, and then that glass will sparkle when it reflects the light.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudWalker View Post

What precisely do you mean? How exactly DOES one segregate ideological dream thinking? That makes no sense, unless you mean that bringing together people with similar ideas is a bad thing. Explain your logic.

I'll assume the messiah part is a bad joke.

i am here not only to guard you from the insecure moderators with their ironic wrath, but also to persecute anything with ideas further segregating from this cause.

otherwise, you should continue with this thread completely disregarding any such thought or action by myself.
      Again, you use "segregating" incorrectly, as the only cause I see on this forum is that of Lucid Dreaming. And again, your logic is badly explained and nonsensical, as I don't see how bringing Lucid Dreamers together is bad (unless you are a detractor of LDing, I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by cloudwalker
      Though, in relation to the topic, excellent idea.

I hate the illusion of authority just as much as i hate people.

Someone of equal skill sounds like an interesting idea.
      ....and then you go and contradict yourself.

Seriously, explain.

Edit: Oh. Banned. Nevermind, then.

Lol and good thing too. That guy was getting on my nerves.

This is a great idea. I join your revolution, Citizen.

I've been into lucid dreaming for about 4 months, with 7 lucid dreams so far. I see lucid dreaming as a way of having fun, but also as a helpful tool to confront the demons of my past and become more integrated as a person. And in other, rather unrelated, news I just read this quote by Jung:

I have no theory about dreams, I do not know how dreams arise. And I am not at all sure that - my way of handling dreams even deserves the name of a "method." I share all your prejudices against dream-interpretation as the quintessence of uncertainty and arbitrariness. On the other hand, I know that if we meditate on a dream sufficiently long and thoroughly, if we carry it around with us and turn it over and over, something almost always comes of it. This something is not of course a scientific result to be boasted about or rationalized; but it is an important practical hint which shows the patient what the unconscious is aiming at. Indeed, it ought not to matter to me whether the result of my musings on the dream is scientifically verifiable or tenable, otherwise I am pursuing an ulterior-and therefore autoerotic-aim. I must content myself wholly with the fact that the result means something to the patient and sets his life in motion again. I may allow myself only one criterion for the result of my labours: does it work? As for my scientific hobby-my desire to know why it works-this I must reserve for my spare time.
      I'm on MSN quite a lot. :p
      Last edited by 1342576; 09-20-2007 at 01:56 AM.
      How I discover what my dreams are about

In my last lucid dream I made pink sparks between my palms. I was trying to make a white ball of energy...

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Romania

That's such a wonderful idea! I also have been thinking that I am too old with lucid dreaming and know quite a lot of stuff to be adopted and still not too good at the actual dreaming...

So here's about me:

I've been into lucid dreaming since August 2006, the first time I've heard about it. I'm not a natural. I've had about 8 lucid dreams, all DILDs except for one FILD, although I have tried WILD and MILD. I am much more open to new techniques (although I have only one night per week to experiment as I am kind of very busy with school). I just love my dreams lucid or not (mind you, some are very cool ), and I think I'd love dreaming just as much if LD-ing didn't exist. I'm going to log on the forums about once a week (school again.. argh). And.. I'm generally very excited about lucid-dreaming and I really want (I've been wanting it all my life though) to fly!

Made up my mind to make a new start,

Going To California with an aching in my heart.

Led Zeppelin

Netherlands
      DJ Entries
      Whoa! Wonderful idea, Citizen! You can add me to your list

When I was young I had quite frequently an LD. Not complete lucidity, mind you, and always the same scene, but I was aware of my dreaming nonetheless. I found out about DreamViews and their boards 'round a week ago, and have been utilizing a Dream Journal since then. Although I'm here for only a week yet, I'm rather serious about this and haven't missed a DJ entry yet. I've also tried to WILD for two times, both of which have been stopped by my mum getting upstairs and making a hell lot of noise. I got to the SP stage though.

Conclusion, I'm really up for anything DILD, WILD, the only thing I'm not really interested in are OBEs, APs and things like that.

Count me in, Citizen

-Stijn

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      I think it's a great idea, I was thinking recently how something like this would work out. I want in on this too

Since July I have had about 1-2 LD's a month. Recently the last week I had 2.

I'm not very active on the forums, I use AIM more often.

K I am opening this up one more time to see if anybody wants in and then I'm gonna make a roster and we're gonna pair off...

Sound good?

maybe you should find out what words mean before you use them.
      If you’re gonna microwave that burrito, I want you to poke holes in the plastic wrapping because they explode. And I'm tired of cleaning up your little burrito doings. You dig me?

Lucid Guru Achievements:
      The Astral Plane
      Just making sure i'm on the list, it was a long time ago that I signed up for this.
      "As the pattern gets more intricate and subtle being swept along is no longer enough"

"Expanding Conciousness Since 2005"
      SHILD (Self Hypnosis Induced Lucid Dream)

Madrid, Spain
      So, to sum up, it's:
      Citizen, magicdood, TanK, Mickey Nick, Miskingo, Abra, 1234576, Lyla, stenny, Owiran and me (MixedMan). We're still an odd number...
      "Why are you explaining to me how your lucid dream works? I'm just a figment of your imagination." -Smart ass DC
      LD Tasks:
      -> Have MILDs at will
      -> Ask my subconcsious mind something deep (i.e. the meaning of life)
      -> Have a fight controlling bullet-time
      -> Call my cell phone and ask the DC who he is

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by FrYeS View Post
      maybe you should find out what words mean before you use them.
      Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
      Lol and good thing too. That guy was getting on my nerves.
      3 weeks ago.

1."Lol" as it was. Yes, you can dislike me. I don't care.

2. Bad joke, agreed, it's good it was three weeks ago.

3. I understand the words completely.

Don't attempt to belittle me.

Maybe you should re-read that "bad joke" as it was, and draw up the correct conclusion, out of the words.

Ignorance will serve as nothing.

My final post in this thread.

cloudWalker

Banned
      Lol @ CloudWalker's 1st post.

Sounds like a good idea you have here if people were to get a buddy and both combine your current knowledge and knowhow I am sure you would equal up to an dreamer who already has some pretty good skills and knows what they are doing. Sounds like a great idea.

I think this is fantastic! I am glad I clicked the link in your signature, I'd love to be paired off with someone. I am fairly experianced, while not having LD'd as much as I would like. A 'teammate' would be great.

Lucid dreaming is such a tauntingly simple thing to attain...