• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

The "Smells Good" Guy montrealhorizons's Avatar
      Montreal

Lightbulb A Distorted Reality

Sept 22, 2007

I decided to call my Dream Journal as such simply because it seemed to be the most fitting title that would describe the overall feel of my dreams... They are quite surrreal, and I love it. I haven't attained Lucidity yet, but I have realised a few times I was dreaming; only to wake up even after trying to stay calm and rubbing my hands, but I just started so no worries, and I'm sure with time I will achieve it .

So since I'm new here; this would be, the first dream; the one fresh in my head from yesterday night, here goes!

DREAM # 1
      A dream from the day before "

It was a re-occuring dream, or atleast as far as I can recall it. The typical layout of buildings and surroundings seemed all to obvious, I was again, lost in a dream in my town, Montreal. The most I can say, is that I was downtown, to describe the buildings, simply look at new york. The re-occuring dream, is it my subconcious trying to tell me something? I continue to wander, still not realising that I am no longer in the plane of reality.

I arrive in a little broke down area, under an overpass and near some tall buildings, with alot of scrap and heap just lying around; where I found so many people, so many characters from my childhood; mostly fellow students from school. One of them, a good friend of mine, Anna, stands up amongst the circle of people and begins arguing with the others... though I cannot recall what she was arguing about. I sit down in the circle and listen to her for awhile, only to then have another student stand up and say:
      "There is only one answer, PARTY!!!"
      And then, boom, suddenly everyone jumped up and started dancing, music banging; it felt quite lively, but I left with two people, two students from my elementary, all those years ago. I start walking what would be an exit ramp, and we see another group partying a few yards of scrap over. We come to the top of the the overpass; and then the scene gets all too familiar.

This is when the re-occurances happen. It's a layout; an urban/industrial layout; where a garage door is open on the floor of one building and the techno song from the "Blade" movie is playing; Phat bass it is called I believe. Anyway I haven't seen that movie in a long long time - back to the story.

So right then and there, I actually realised, this scene was familiar, and what to expect to happen, I even said "Oh not again", but it was not of my own accord; I agree with whoever it is in me that said that, but I was not in control at the time, again, maybe an alternate self.

So what usualy ensues is the girl who was with us ( the two other students ) goes off near the door, and this crazy vampire/human like thing comes out and just totaly tears her appart, so the guy runs; and then it's me versus the creature. I climb up the roof quickly, through "parcour" 'ing methods..

( For those of you unfamiliar with parcour'ing, it's basicly when you see people running around jumping up and down stuff and climbing buildings and surfaces without the aid of nothing but their hands, for better referance, look at the begining scene in the new James Bond movie, where Danield Craig runs after a criminal, that guy would be a good example of what "Parcour" is.)

I reach the top of the roof, and then dive over her to the lower roof, and start running, looking back at the creature running after me. Though it all sounds like a nightmare, I am really not scared; and enjoy the run, usualy even more so after. I start running and soon after realise the scenery changed completly in a matter of seconds, the blend is perfect and I don't even realise the transition:

Suddenly I'm racing through an office, leap out through a window, slide on the roof, jump to a lower gap, jump in one direction then turn and head in the other. I keep jumping and sliding down, till I reach a little opening wich leads to a bathroom door. I run into the bathroom go into the last stall and put my feet on the toilet as too not show them under the stall.

No noise happens, but I get this feeling someone is outside the stall; I open the door and it's my friend, just staring at me, I peak outside the stall and the vampire thing is in the door, only now it is not so vampiric and is more like a character from the Naruto Manga, dressed similar to an "Akatsuki" member.

Right then and there, I realised I was dreaming, and I actually told myself, Hey, I'm dreaming. But before I could go furter, I lost control and went to black. The black was there, the black was present, but I was awake, I just opened my eyes; and it was morning, the black lasting barely a second after I accepted the fact that I was back in reality.

Oddly enough just after this first night I realised something already; how my dreams are connected to my body. All the things that happened in my dream happened just hours before going to bed. Just yesterday night some friends and I hit up a building in construction for some crazy obstacles, alot of Parcour'ing. Then I came home, relaxed. and talked to one of the main characters in my dream; and finished it off by reading chapter 371 of the manga, to keep myself up to date.

I realised this morning how all of that in my dreams, was what had happened the night before. Hopefully now that works for sex, since that would make an already awesome night, even better

That's it for my first dream, and my first post. Thanks for any answers / thoughts, I'd love to read them!

Frank
      Last edited by montrealhorizons; 09-23-2007 at 03:25 PM.

Montreal
      Sept 23, 2007

DREAM # 2

"Short and Weird"

It starts; in my house's kitchen, where I am making food. Nothing strange so far as I do love cooking and do love food. However, out of nowhere, plenty of people are in my house, it's a huge gathering of old friends, recent friends, ex girlfriends, family, even people i didn't know that well. I am eating alot, alot, and alot of food ( Which is quite normal, since I'm kind of lankey and do EAT alot, so I didn't notice anything TOO out of wack yet ).

After a few conversations with old friends, I end up on the floor of the kitchen looking in the back of a cupboard to a room I had never seen before, kind of like a storage room with plenty and plenty of food.

After climbing back up, I find myself on an edge of some form of boat or floating platform, looking at someone screaming, drowning. I dive in and rush towards him, and once I reached him I started looking around to try and see where I could bring him too, but I soon realised I was in the middle of the ocean. After swimming for a big with the guy in one of my arms, I reach an edge, that became the edge of a pool.

It's then that I was able to awake, and realise that I was dreaming.

Again, for a few seconds, I tried to stay calm but my mind let go and left the dream world, and I awoke, again, in the morning; after a night's sleep.

Note : It's common to wake up when you realise you're dreaming, but why is it that I always wake up in the morning? Like, I never wake up in the middle of the night, because I realised I was dreaming... ?
      Last edited by montrealhorizons; 09-23-2007 at 03:25 PM.
      The statement below
      is false ---
      The statement above
      is true. ---

My DV Art Thread
      My DV Dream Journal

Montreal
      DREAM # 3

The Classroom of Nothignness

Though that last word is more or less made up, I couldn't find anything better to describe last night's dream, or atleast the only thing I can recall of it.

I had barely any dream experience last night but this one scene that I recall in a classroom, arguing over something someone said about cultures wich went a little like this:

A small asian student in class had said something to the teacher while I was flirting with the girl behind me. The teacher quickly rose to his feet and got all our attention, acting very un-college like by fixing the student and telling him how smart he was for asking the question "What is this culture?"

I immediatly responded by telling him how I found that question absolutly idiotic and even more so racist:

The fact that you ask "what is this culture" indicates to me that you don't agree with some of our ideals, comming from another country where your so called "culture" is different, I can understand that. But saying such a thing only brings us all down in a way that you're only looking to divide us, "categorize" us, through ways that are inhuman, african americans with african americans, asians with asians, hispanics with hispanics, caucasians with caucasians. I found it even more silly when he mentioned that the sub-culture found around here, of dividing people based on their personality is even more ridiculous; "players", "jocks", "druggies", etc.

I continued to rant and eventually got the entire class to go along with me, after wich the teacher sat down as though blown away and said that I just completed his class and he was impressed at how smart I was, to which I responded that calling me smart is an insult to intelligence in the first place, and how I was no smarter than anyone in class, and that generalising intelligence is about the stupidest thing you can do, since the only that should really be divided in life, is not culture, but intelligence. Strengths in Mechanics, in Emotions, in Theatre, in Arts. Intellgence varies from person to person and is stronger in some areas than others, it's as simple as that.

That's all I can recall from the "short-long" argument. The dream lasted barely a few seconds, but it seemed as though it went on for much longer than that... I woke up shortly after speaking my mind, feeling at ease; and did a reality check to make sure I wasn't still dreaming. Unfortunatly, I wasn't, and that's all I had to experience in the dream world yesterday night.
      The statement below
      is false ---
      The statement above
      is true. ---

My DV Art Thread
      My DV Dream Journal

Montreal
      DREAM # 4

Short and Sweet

I'm wandering through a forest, and I come accross a cabin.
      I step inside to find an old rusty grand piano. I start playing.
      Eventually after awhile of blissful music, The scene chanes and I'm now outside my home talking with some friends about our jobs and the work we'll be doing in the future.

I then woke up.
      It was pretty short, and that's all that I could recall unfortunatly. Probrably because I went to bed so damn late.

EDIT:

Just realised I recalled a sex scene with this girl I had a crush on back in elementary. How I forgot to recall this I do not know it ( probrably wasn't that great ). It came to me while taking my morning piss. Heh.
      Last edited by montrealhorizons; 09-25-2007 at 02:58 PM.
      The statement below
      is false ---
      The statement above
      is true. ---

My DV Art Thread
      My DV Dream Journal

Montreal
      DREAM # 5

A bit of everything

Agh I'd sleep more but I have to leave. Im trying to recall most of it though there was so much and it happened all in the second portion of the night.

From the start or atleast what I can remember, I was venturing up to some form of entrance/cabin/garage door, this very old barn, very sketch. Anyways I'm behind one guy and behind me are a few others. I am guarding these 2 guys, one of them is this kind of king but he's dressed like all of us, and then there's another guy who's the "real" king (don't even ask, lol).

Anyways, they go in to the shack and jump back out the side right away on the side where there was a kind of open garage door.
      So then once we all went and came back out, one guy behind me said. Frank go in first and he raised a small knife up as if prepared to attack. I walked in and a ninja just jumped on me with his katana from above, I quickly dodged back and parried his attack with a little blade that appeared in my hand. The guy behind me stabbed him right in the upper side of the chest and brought him down effortlessly.

The ninja dropped a gun ( ??? ) and so I said "Take the blade, I'm taking the gun." We started going down this elevator and ended up arriving at the top of a building where "we were expected". I got sepearated from the group that went to the top of what now happened to be "Buzz Studios" @ Montreal. I was on one of the floors of production, where I watched this new co-ordinator from my school act odd as he does in real life, and some people work on various projects. While I wandered through the studio I was franticly keeping my hand near my waist as to reach for the gun if anything should turn up.

As I began to leave the building with the group now back in sight in front of me, we exited the building only to appear in a small forest ( where I spent yesterday's afternoon @ Mont-Royal ) where we wandered as I talked pointlessly with the fellow guardians and the "2" kings. We arrived at yet another shack, and I went in with the gun first.

I ended up starting to go down stairs which where now the stairs of my basement, and I realised there was a party going on in my basement, with alot of people. I went towards the backroom to go towards the fridge downstairs as I found myself now in a school/hotel lobby that I didn't recognize.

In front of me where metal detectors, and I started to worry franticly because of the gun on my waist, but I didn't want to stand there too long as it would look suspicious, so I pretended to stumble towards the metal detector and pushing my coat hung around my arm through it to make it beep. I then stood back and went "Woah!". I then waited for the beeping to stop and walked through the metal detector without it beeping, gun still at my side.

I arrived in this small little room with weird people, where I marched through an arch and ended up in a kind of Museam Courtyard where we crossed towards these huge "Grand Doors" that opened up into this small room that looked like a gallery, an exposition.

After walking around the room a bit, I left and found that I was back in the room beyond the lobby. There was this really weird foreign looking guy ( probrably some form of polish/russian/austrian ) who started talking to me and though I had trouble understanding him I was getting this vibe he was kind of showing off, then this hot girl showed up behind him and started to kind of talk as though backing him up. He was really unattractive ( the guy ) so I walked towards the girl and kind of made conversation with her, though really I can't recall what she said or if I even understood it.. Slowly though I realised, the more I started flirting with her, the taller she grew, and the uglyer she grew as well.

I turned around and walked towards the lobby and I woke up.

Note : Just another one of those fucked up nights. I tried the "alarm" to wake up at 4 though didn't need it since for some reason I woke up around 3:55~ without having dreamt anything at all. It took me about 45 minutes to get back to sleep ( which is why I'm so tired ), and all of the stuff listed above happened after I got back to sleep.
      Last edited by montrealhorizons; 09-26-2007 at 02:52 PM.
      The statement below
      is false ---
      The statement above
      is true. ---

My DV Art Thread
      My DV Dream Journal

Montreal
      DREAM # 6

Absence

I found myself, alone. The world was torn appart, buildings burning everywhere, cars flipped over, ground destroyed, trees burnt and the sky torn. No one.

I walked and walked through my neighbourhood, visiting the inside ruins of houses that had always intrigued me. Nothing out of the unusual though.

I keep wandering endlessly until I come accross a house made of gold.
      I enter the house, and find myself in white.

There was nothing, but white as far as the eye can see.
      The floor - white.
      The walls - white.
      The anything ? - white.
      I was trapped in nothingness.

I crept to the floor and went to sleep, and woke up this morning, a bit numb everywhere.

Note : I have to go to the hospital now, I had this schedualed check up thing planned for a surgery in January, why do they do pre-check ups 3 months in advance, isn't that a bit ridiculous?
      The statement below
      is false ---
      The statement above
      is true. ---

My DV Art Thread
      My DV Dream Journal

DJ Entries
      Quite a contrast between the devastated landscape and the golden house. The sky being torn must have looked spectacular!

Montreal
      It was The Cusp, I'll try and get an illustration going later on.

DREAM # 7
      Environmental Non-Issues

I find myself at some sort of fare, or gathering. Alot of the booths have flyers and objects concerning the environment, and so we hear alot of people complaining how the world is falling apart.

I was bothered slightly by that statement, but as I turned around I realised we were by the water, and the ocean looked like a never ending pool. The water was crystal clear, very light blue stretching all the way to the horizon where it blended with the sky, with light white clouds above me.

I walk down, looking through the different booths and decide to take a little bobble head of buddy christ from Dogma from a booth that seemed pro-religion to solve the world's environmental crysis.

I was questioning the fact, was the world really in terrible shape? I mean just look at this landscape it was amazing. I climb down to the docks and as I arrive to a part that said "Staff Only" I look up to the higher dock above me and see an old sailing friend I hadn't though of or heard in years. She tells me how I can't go down there and so then I jump in the water and she and another person follows. We start playing football and alot of old friends of mine join in, the water is deep, my feet can't touch the bottom, but when I look down it seems so shallow. A while after I start getting voices in my head and a Ventrilo Server Panel comes up with a lot of voices listed and how one of them is telling me something I didn't understand too clear:

"Frank, Louie t'cherche man"
      ( Frank, Louie is looking to start shit with you [ In french slang, when you say you're "looking" for someone, you're basicly wanting to start something with them )

Unimportant really as after a few more minutes of swimming I woke up.
      The statement below
      is false ---
      The statement above
      is true. ---

My DV Art Thread
      My DV Dream Journal

Montreal
      DREAM # 8

A long walk

I got a lift to about halfway from my place to downtown, which is more or less around the dorval circle, I had to get to Lionel-Groulx. Usualy you'd take a bus, but for some reason I walked.
      It took forever, I saw many strange shapes and buildings that shouldn't have been there, did a bit of parcour while on the way and found myself downtown at a school 2 hours and 30 minutes later.

I suddenly had 2 Guitar cases with me, as I was walking through some blue rooms in a basement of some sort of theatre. I walked around and saw some folks I knew.

I walked into a tall room that was being peinted, and someone stepped into the dorway infront of me from the left and I woke up.

Note : Weird and emotionless if you ask me.
      The statement below
      is false ---
      The statement above
      is true. ---

My DV Art Thread
      My DV Dream Journal