• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I H8 Reality's VILD Technique

Toronto

I H8 Reality's VILD Technique

I first want to say that this works for me 100% of the time and I dont know if it will work for anyone else.

It usually happens in the morning so you need like at least 6hrs of sleep.

You have to wake up during a brief awakening.

While im in bed i just imagine jumping over my neighbours fence and running in through the alley way to the front yard. Once i make it to the front yard im already lucid.

Ive tried other scenes to start my lucid dream but they dont work. I think that your backyard/frontyard are ingrained in your subonicous so its really easy to imagine them with minimum effort.

So my front yard ends up being my lucid loading dock, or centre of my lucid universe.
      michael79 likes this.

I did this same thing once. Imagined myself running out my frontdoor, out my front yard and down the street. I remember seeing a bunch of ghost-like dogs running on the side walk lol. The LD only lasted a few seconds

Toronto
      ive recently been doing this with a lot of success. It should be better known i think as a primary technique in getting Lucid Dreams

So you pick a very familiar scene in a early morning wake-up and just make a mad dash out the door and run down the street and you are ready to Lucid?
      Sounds like it takes a few seconds.
      Is there more to it?
      REALITY CHECK

Toronto
      well you see Ive lived in my house for 12 years so I know my house like the back of my hand.

Ive used other scenes that im familar with but they dont work, the reason your house is a good thing to visualize is its in your mind subconiously so your mind can automatically imagine it.

If i where to tell you to imagine a beach you would have to concsiously imagine it which is a problem. You have to almost let your mind do the imagining for you.

When i have my early morning brief awakening, i just lay there and imagine jumping over my neighbours fence. when i jump over the fence I imagine the sensation of touching and falling from the fence Once i land i run through an alley way our houses share and make it to the front yard and by the time im there im Lucid.

It happens so fast that you become lucid in only 10-30 seconds of imagining
      Last edited by I H8 Reality; 10-18-2007 at 03:42 PM.
      michael79 likes this.

Ok, will try this. What happens if you aren't Lucid by then, for example..
      Do you replay it over and over, or keep running aroung the block or something?
      Also are you just aware of waking and still groggy when you start to do this?
      REALITY CHECK

Toronto
      ill give it three trys if i wake up during a brief awakening. But it usually works on my first time.

The key is to be tired when falling back asleep. If your too awake then it may not work to well.

Also for the absolute best results do it during abrief awakening after 9 hours of sleep. If you do it then I gurantee it will work.

Just do it, and forget about thinking to much about it

Wales
      Quote Originally Posted by I H8 Reality View Post
      ill give it three trys if i wake up during a brief awakening. But it usually works on my first time.

The key is to be tired when falling back asleep. If your too awake then it may not work to well.
      Yeh thats right. With a technique like this you will have to be pretty tired because otherwise you won't fall asleep. With the technique that i use it's pretty much the oppoasite you have to be fairly awake otherwise you will fall asleep too fast.

Also for the absolute best results do it during abrief awakening after 9 hours of sleep. If you do it then I gurantee it will work.

Just do it, and forget about thinking to much about it
      o_o what is a "brief awakening"? >_>

I've never known anyone that was still tired after9 hours of sleep O_O

i think i'll try this tonight. it sounds like it should work.

Toronto
      a brief awakening is when you wake up in the night for like 10-20 seconds, you usually roll over and just go back to sleep. It happens so fast that you forget that you have them in the morning.

And yes you are tired after 9 hours of sleep. Have you ever slept on a saturday morning and around morning time you had a brief awakening and then quickly go back to sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by westonci View Post
      a brief awakening is when you wake up in the night for like 10-20 seconds, you usually roll over and just go back to sleep. It happens so fast that you forget that you have them in the morning.

And yes you are tired after 9 hours of sleep. Have you ever slept on a saturday morning and around morning time you had a brief awakening and then quickly go back to sleep?
      o_o well yes, but that's because i go to sleep later on fridays. i only get about 5 hours of sleep on fridays.
      ...which would make Saturday mornings the best time for me to try this :O

If you turn over, wouldn't you still be asleep then?
      Then how could you do this?
      Or do you turn over, are aware at that moment you are turning over, and can do this, but you forget in the morning all of these awakenings.
      Have I got it?
      REALITY CHECK

Madcity Wisco
      I've lived in the same apartment, in the same apartment complex for 20 years, which is my whole life. I've never moved. so i'll give this a try. I can walk this place with my eyes closed, so imagining myself jogging thru the neighborhood will be the easiest thing in the world.
      High Head at Low Noon

If I have moved around a bit, would it be the best to use the current place or my original home for 20 or so years (but that was 17 years ago)?
      REALITY CHECK

I tried this again this morning. It worked, but I was only lucid for like a few seconds, just long enough to realize I was lucid and take a few steps. How can I make it last

Toronto
      Quote Originally Posted by remus0 View Post
      I tried this again this morning. It worked, but I was only lucid for like a few seconds, just long enough to realize I was lucid and take a few steps. How can I make it last
      the more you do it, the easier it becomes the longer it lasts and the more vivid it becomes

Toronto
      this is a really good technique it worked quite well for me

Quote Originally Posted by DreamChaser View Post
      If I have moved around a bit, would it be the best to use the current place or my original home for 20 or so years (but that was 17 years ago)?

I was wondering the same thing, although half my lucids have started in my childhood home as opposed to the house I live in now, so I'm going to go with that.

United States
      Hmm, seems like this technique is getting some good reviews! Thanks for the tip, I'll try it tonight.
      http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/5969/kinosigey1.jpg
      Lucid Tasks of the Month Completed: 2

The Sinister Minister LlamaBeanz's Avatar
      Mobile Alabama
      I first want to say that this works for me 100% of the time and I dont know if it will work for anyone else.

It usually happens in the morning so you need like at least 6hrs of sleep.

You have to wake up during a brief awakening.

While im in bed i just imagine jumping over my neighbours fence and running in through the alley way to the front yard. Once i make it to the front yard im already lucid.

Ive tried other scenes to start my lucid dream but they dont work. I think that your backyard/frontyard are ingrained in your subonicous so its really easy to imagine them with minimum effort.

So my front yard ends up being my lucid loading dock, or centre of my lucid universe.

I use a similar technique, Its Kind of Like WILD/DILD. It's pretty much Adams technique. I Wake up at about 5 or 6 am after a good core sleep, then just tell myself that I will have a Lucid Dream. After that I simply just relax and fall asleep as quickly as possible, I let my mind wander. This usually triggers a DILD for me. It seems to increase the awareness of my subconcious. And I have REALLY weird dreams so.. I usually pick up on a dreamsign very quickly.

But the key part is just waking up after a good 5 hrs sleep. Alot of techniques start with that. Ive had so many chain LDs by doing this. One morning i had 4 back to back.

Quote Originally Posted by remus0 View Post
      I had that problem a few weeks ago, Ive been working on it.
      First off there are many techniques for 'securing' your lucidness.
      Rubbing hands, or picking something up touching/observing it is supposed to help. Some actually say spinning, but spinning always makes me lose Lucidness.

That always secured my LD for the time being, but once i began to interact and do crazy stuff like fly/telekensis i started to get disillusional in my dreams. Kind of like my subconcious couldnt keep up. So lately, once I gain my Lucidness I simply tell myself to be calm, and I walk around and just observe my surroundings in detail. You'd be amazed at what your brain thinks of. After doing that in about 4LDs over a weeks time, I tried flying the other night and was able to have a pretty vivid LD for a decent amount of time. I guess the length of your LDs just comes with time and practice =D
      Last edited by LlamaBeanz; 10-19-2007 at 06:27 AM. Reason: new idea
      Mathias likes this.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Canada
      Sounds interesting, maybe ill give ti a try tonight

Lymington
      I tried this and had one of the most amazing lucids ever. I was certainly able to do far more than I normally can in a lucid. Teleporting was my only way of transport, whereas normally I only teleport to escape, and I turned four DCs into ashes by telling them that they had to leave the dream. I bow to the creator of this technique.
      "There’s a place I go when I’m alone. Do anything I want, be anyone I wanna be." - Dream Catch Me by Newton Faulkner

"It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep 'Cause everything is never as it seems" - Fireflies by Owl City

My dream blog: http://www.oneironaught.org

I was too sleepy this morning. i tried to imagine running down the train platform next to my house (Where I had a child Lucid) and then over to my house and jump over the front fence.
      I was too tired to imagine running.
      Any suggestions. Before bed I can really picture the images vividly.
      REALITY CHECK

This technique is really awesome, nice one bro

I woke up around 4am and when i closed my eyes again, i remembered this topic and then imagined myself running downstairs and in seconds i just was lucid. It's great

End of the Line.
      Sounds like some pretty postive feedback! I'm sure that i did something of the type when i went through an insomnia phase and it put me to sleep, So i'm gonna try this tonight!
      You reveal that a reveal check reveals nothing.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast