• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Coocoocachoo

Smile Ethanescence's Dream Scenes

Hey everyone.

This is my first dream journal ever online, and definitely the first I've shared with anyone, so I'm both excited and anxious about how all of this is going to work out. I've read lots of dream journals online before and I find them all incredibly interesting. Hopefully my dreams aren't too boring, lol.

So, to keep me focused, here are my dream goals for April...

* To have more lucid dreams
      * Have to ability to write fully-detailed dreams from recall
      * Meet a DC who will be my DG
      * Compose a poem in my dream
      * Fly for the first time in my dreams

EDIT: Feel free to comment or post in my journal. It's appreciated.

Journal Key

Bold words are reminders of dream signs
      Dark Green paragraphs are normal dreams
      Sienna Orange paragraphs are semi-conscious induction techniques
      Navy Blue paragraphs are lucid dreams

Dream Sign List

Unrealistic School Life
      My House Different From Usual
      Games Integrated With Real Life
      Family Acting Unrealistically
      Risk Taking
      Technology Not Working
      Feeling Embarrassed
      Large Gathering Of People

Note: The first couple of entries and this post are transferred from a previous forum Journal.
      Last edited by Ethanescence; 04-14-2008 at 04:59 AM.

http://www.dreamviews.com/community/...ad.php?t=56952
      ^ My Dream Journal ^
      (Ethanescence's Dream Scenes)

Lucid Dreams (2008): 0

Coocoocachoo
      Dream Journal... Friday 11th of April, 2008

Old Future

Went forward in time, around four or five years from the current era today, with an unknown method and an unknown reason. I was overlooking Earth, or another planet at the time, with a bird's eye view. I do not know what was supporting me. It did not look like Earth at all and looked very different (I wasn't thinking it was a planet or Earth or anything like that at the time, just a undefined place). All the houses had changed and looked "earthy", that is - rustic reds and browns - and everything was dusty. Afterwards, I am on the ground and talking with my brother. He tells me that technology has improved in the future. While I'm talking through this dream, I get the feeling that somehow other cultures have mixed with our own, civilisations from other planets. I do not see these people from other planets, but I get the faint idea that the Earth is now part of a larger community in the universe. I go over to my Budgerigar in his cage. I'm happy that he's still alive, since he is five years old at the moment and if he lived another five years it means he is ten, which, in Budgerigar years, is a long time. I become sad however as I go to pat him and a realise he's part blind. My brother talks to me again and shows me the supposed technology. I look at it. It's a small coppery-coloured laptop. It looks just like today's technology, except it's rusted in places and looks very old and worn out. I get slightly confused, but dismiss it all the same.

Rebellion

I'm in my house's hallway talking to my Mum who's in her room. We are not far apart and are discussing something, which I can't recall. My Mum says I can't go somewhere and/or do something. I feel rebellion and anger surge through my body (I am sick of her telling me I can't do things) and I randomly jump out the window. The window I jump out of is weird in that it is open at the top and not the bottom. When I come out of the window, with ease, I land outside. I sprint down the street in an attempt to run away from home. I'm in my pyjamas and someone is walking down the street on the other side. I feel slightly embarrassed to be seen in my pyjamas but still continue to run away. My Mum calls out to me, pleading almost. I ignore her until she says I can do it and/or I can go. I go back home, with mixed-feelings. A short while after I got home I laughed for no reason. Then I felt angry with myself as I knew there was no reason to laugh, as I felt my Mum then will probably think I was joking the whole time. I felt pride for standing up to her and slightly annoyed by my random outburst of laughter, but my Mum didn't say anything more about it.

The Cat and the Egg

There's a large group of people (invited) at my house. I know at the time why they are there, but I cannot recall now. I'm in the kitchen and I can see into the spare computer room. The dream is not very vivid and I only remember certain scenes from within it. The dream does not follow sequence...

There is a red-orangey egg (cut in half). Apparently it is linked with winning something from a computer game we were playing, but someone has it in the dream and it is in a physical state (it's not just within the computer in the dream, but you can hold it and such). It is not a normal egg, probably due to the fact that it is as large as the palm of my hand, is half an egg and has a strange and simple pattern on it's cross section. It looks like a spiral arm curling from the edge into the middle, but it is angular and sort of engraved with black into the red. The egg is all hard and solid and looks artificial, as if it was manufactured. It is special however, as you had to do something important or difficult in the computer game to get it. The computer game was a multi-player board-game style and I remember playing it in the dream with two other people (relatives, or friends). The egg had a sense of importance, but it did not belong to me. I was trying to obtain one also.

There was a white and orange-flecked cat in the dream. It was really small, like a kitten, and it was in almost every scene I can vaguely remember in this dream. It was sort of friendly, in that it didn't bite, and it moved around a lot. I tried to hold it but it made awkward movements that were very un-cat-like, struggled for a while and then ran away from me. It was also very strange, and there was no reason given for it's presence in my house. It was mostly seen in the kitchen on our tiled floor.

Fear of Heights

We were at what seemed to be a university or college. The building was tall and there was a kind of bridge or walkway between the top floor. It seemed more likely it was an adjoining outside walkway between two separate blocks in the building. There was no support for the long walkway and below us was the front lawn of the building. My Mum, several other people (random, probably college people) and myself were sitting in the middle section. We were looking at something, but I can't remember what. I wasn't facing it and was looking at the other people, rather than behind me. There was concrete (which made up the entire walkway) and then a small section of mesh underneath us and we were all sitting on it and on the concrete, informally, kind of like how you would sit on a picnic rug. I tried to talk to my Mum and see if she was okay, because she is scared of heights in real life and the walkway was shaking in the wind slightly, but I don't remember her exact response. I do remember her response was unlike her though, and I didn't understand why she would say something like that (she might have been saying she wasn't scared, or something along those lines).

Ah... False Childhood Memories

I was my current age and I was walking through my old pre-school, reminiscing and what-not. I came upon a blackboard that was filled with what I knew was my writing and scribbles when I had been three or four, and all my friend's writings, and then I looked around and saw there was other writing from newer children and pictures and stuff (cars and trucks, a bit weird) stuck up on the blackboard. The blackboard was not part of the wall and was free-standing, taking up a two-thirds of the entire room. I was talking with my pre-school caregiver and she told me about all the stuff I did when I went there. Some of it was true and some of it was made up, but I accepted it all as truth within the dream. The pre-school nor the caregiver were accurate representations of my real pre-school or caregiver, however. I felt sort of happy to be there.

WILD Attempt I

I was unsure if WILD would work since it was 2:30 pm in the afternoon. I closed my eyes and got comfortable and then tried visualising. I watched some bouncy HI colours and geometric shapes under my eyelids for about 5 minutes and saw short-lived unclear flashes of objects and such. Every time the more vivid flashes occurred, something would click in my mind and I got "too" conscious again and all I saw basic HI. I decided to let my guard down and only watch it. Then I fell asleep for around 5 minutes. I'm unsure if I was dreaming or if it was light sleep, but I'm sure there was some HI involved. When I woke up I recovered alright, not waking up fully, and within 2 minutes my arms were feeling fuzzy and sort of numb. I heard a faint ringing in my ears. I knew SP was coming soon, but I felt too conscious, so I tried to relax. Within 1 minute of relaxing, my heart rate had surged. Literally, I could feel every beat of my heart through the bed. I knew I wasn't dreaming because this has happened before also. Due to my heart beat I was unable get into SP and then the phone rang.
      Last edited by Ethanescence; 04-14-2008 at 04:47 AM.

^ My Dream Journal ^

Coocoocachoo
      Dream Journal... Saturday 12th of April, 2008

Yoda Games

I believe the dream was oriented around a real life game, and I was involved. Such as a Nintendo Game-boy game, or something. I had some false memory DC friends talk to me about their favourite shows, which were both anime cartoons. I knew their second favourite show, but I had no clue on earth what their favourite TV show was. It was "Pugsie" or something random like that. I remember Yoda (from Star Wars) was in my dream, or some other character who had wisdom. We talked a bit and and I can't remember the flow of the actual dream very well.

New Neighbour

I can barely recall this dream. I can remember looking out the blinds in my house to next door and there was a boy around my age, with black hair. He was mentioned in the dream by one of my parents, but I do not know what it was concerning. The dream feels like it was centred around night-time, however, I do not know for sure.

WILD Attempt II

After I woke up, around 7:30 am, I laid back down in bed. This is probably why my recall is so bad today. Anyway, I saw HI, got glimpses of faint dreams. My entire body went numb and I could feel upcoming SP stronger than my meagre attempt yesterday. My heart beat wasn't so bad this time (I lay on my side rather than on my stomach, so I couldn't feel it as much) and my thighs felt really extremely painful. I kept lying there for around two hours or more before giving up. The pain was really bad, and I felt sore all over when I moved again. I think my problem is that I am starting to WILD too late, when my REM stage is almost over and I'm still moderately awake. I think I will WBTB, then try and WILD. I might have more success that way. I will most probably try this tomorrow morning, around 5:00 am.
      Last edited by Ethanescence; 04-14-2008 at 03:44 AM.

^ My Dream Journal ^

Coocoocachoo

Dream Journal... Sunday 13th of April, 2008

Dream Journal... Sunday 13th of April, 2008

Kit House

My family had gotten a new house - it was a snazzy new home and one of those "kit homes", which I think are those houses you buy premade and such and you just have to set it up. Anyway, I walked around inside for a bit. I thought it was nice. I looked for my bedroom, and the first one I walked into was "claimed" by my brother already. IRL my brother is moved out of home. So I went out of there. There was a large main room, which was basically all the house was, but it was still pretty stylish. I went off the lounge room, which wasn't separated from the kitchen and eating area and into the secluded second bedroom. This was mine. I don't think I was totally happy with my room to begin with, but I think I grew into the idea. I think it had an ensuite.

Next I'm getting reading for school. I think there was flashes of my normal front lawn, so our kit home was still on the same block of land as today. I was playing with my laptop, and then I check my mobile phone. One of my parents were ringing me. But my phone had a flat battery. I try and fix it and I barely get to talk to someone, but I have a short conversation before it semi-dies again. I realise I'm late for school. I get out my laptop and try charge my mobile (which I can't do with my laptop IRL anyway) and then my alarm IRL goes off. I wake up.

WILD Attempt III

I wake up at 6:00 am, switch on my bed-side lamp for three minutes, switch it off and then try to WILD. I fall asleep for about 5 minutes and then decide to get up and wake up. I get up and go on my laptop and read-up on WILD techniques. At 7:15 am I go back to bed and try again. Surprise, surprise, I fall asleep, lol.

What's With All The Houses?

I get a really loud, "Get to sleep!" as if someone is shouting to me (it sounds like my mother or someone), when I'm semi-conscious and transitioning to sleep. I know at the time it's just part of HI, and I continue to attempt WILD.

I'm in my holiday house, which does exist IRL. I spend around 10 minutes lying on my bed, trying to WILD within the dream. I guess I didn't realise I've fallen asleep and I'm now dreaming. eh Geez, I'm so stupid, lol.

I get up, there's people talking outside my bedroom and they're extremely loud. The house is back-side to front and I walk into the kitchen/lounge. My parents are sitting here. They're noticing the noise too. It's two people talking and they're really loud and annoying. I guess it must be the other people next door (our holiday house is part of a duplex).

I'm in bed again, and I wake up. I get the feeling my brother has come to our holiday house and has been in my room. I get up and realise my mattress is on the floor, beside my bed frame. eh The next scene changes and apparently the loud person talking was inside our house. It was weird, because I thought it was two people, not one, but I dismiss it. She's cleaning the house (dusting, wiping the furniture, etc), but why, I do not have a clue. She's a bit weird and is talking about nothing in particular and I try and find my brother before I wake up.

When I wake up I do a RC immediately. I realise ambient noise from my parents talking in their bedroom got into my dream. That was probably the noise I was hearing within my dream, as it sounds exactly the same, just not as annoying as I thought inside the dream.

WILD Attempt IV

For about half an hour I shuffle around in my bed, trying to WILD again with no success. I lie on my side and after about 20 minutes my legs and hands go almost completely numb. I can't watch my HI though without my mind being muddled, and as I look at the clock I realise it's 10:10 am, so I shouldn't really be WILDing even now. I've probably already had enough rest. Anyway, I continue for about another twenty minutes, get more numb, but I still don't enter SP as I am focusing on my real body too much. I decide to give it a rest for today. When I move I feel really funny because my arms, shoulders and legs are half-asleep. It sort of felt weird but cool at the same time. I knew I was close to SP that time.
      Last edited by Ethanescence; 04-14-2008 at 05:00 AM.

^ My Dream Journal ^

Coocoocachoo
      Dream Journal... Monday 14th of April, 2008

You Ruined My Car

I'm at my high school, in one of the blocks of the buildings. One of my friends is upstairs in one of the classrooms. I remember there was more of the dream before this, but from now onwards is all I can recall.

I'm walking to the other block from the last building. My friends apparently changed classrooms, or are there for some reason. I get into the other block. I stop and do something on the ground (I don't have a clue what I was doing) before climbing up the stairs. Once I reach the alcove, I look into the classroom. The classroom is dark an they are watching a movie or something, and the doorway into it is very tall. I feel embarrassed like I don't want to intrude and I just wait there for a second, thinking what I should do.

I get the feeling that I'm late or was late for school.

Above me, up the second short set of steps (which doesn't exist IRL) my Chemistry teacher comes towards me. I wonder if she saw me looking in the classroom and I feel anxious like I had done something wrong. She doesn't talk about that though and instead tells me what she did to my car (I don't have a car IRL, but I had false memories). I told her that I didn't even bring the car to school today. Though, she told me that she lost the keys or did something or other to it. I think she messed it up so I couldn't get inside or something.

The bell rings and I talk with her for a little while longer.

I'm out the front of the school at the side of the road and the pathway and the car is in front of me. It's my sister's old white car (which is now sold IRL). I then get told a story how one of my cousins was trying to fix it so I could use it again. I think there was a password for it or something weird like that. I can't remember exactly. It was very complicated, unreasonable and vague explanation why this had happened. I believe it gets resolved, however.

The scene changes and I'm at my cousins house (the one who fixed the car). It's a party and everyone is standing and talking. I tune into a conversation regarding the death of what sounds like a cartoon character.

Then people (friends of the cousin, people I don't know) walk into the house. Something else happens, but I can't remember.

I tried to WILD when I woke up between dreams, but I didn't get up or walk around long enough so I could WBTB consciously into SP and a LD.
      Last edited by Ethanescence; 04-14-2008 at 03:50 AM.

^ My Dream Journal ^

LD Count
      Can't remember
      Lancashire, England
      Wow Ethan, this is well good. Your Dream Journal layout is so simple and your dreams are so long. I like it, keep it up.

"He who is the cause of someone else becoming powerful is the agent of his own destruction" - Ezio Auditore da Firenze (1459 - 1524)

Dream Journal l Facebook

Coocoocachoo
      Thanks so much!

^ My Dream Journal ^

Coocoocachoo
      Dream Journal... Tuesday 15th of April, 2008

The Huge Title Because I Can't Be Bothered To Name Every Dream Individually

Sorry if this entry is in a state of disarray. I lost the original version so this is a real pain to be typing it again, lol.I also apologise for any inconsistencies or vagueness. My recall last night was bad enough as it was - without everything else that happened (headaches) and my weird WILD and DEILD chaining techniques.

I only remember obscure and inconsistent imagery from my dreams before this point. One definitely concerning a bus. I also remember a few people - or rather, the presence of people - but that is all. I am outside and it had been recently raining for an extremely long time or for a couple of days now. There is a building next to me and it is made of brick. It looks only one storey high, but I know it is larger building. My family are with me and we are talking about the rain and the people who used to live here. Looking back at the dream I assume it was sort of a Bleak House, the book by Charles Dickens that was adapted into a TV mini series. I wake up from this dream, or from another stemming dream that I cannot remember. The house scene is the only dream during this period that I can recall fully however.

I wake up and I'm really happy because it's around 6:30 am and I didn't need to use an alarm to wake up. I decide I should try DEILD but then realise I can't move for that to work. So I decide to try WILD. I sit around in bed for around twenty minutes uncomfortably before deciding to get up. I get a drink and use the computer for ten minutes and then decide to go back to sleep. I attempt WILD, but half-heartedly as I really want to fall asleep fast and try DILD, so I end up just going quickly into a normal dream.

I'm in the car with my Mum in our driveway at our holiday house. My Dad is outside. We're beside our holiday house and I think he's inside getting something from inside. I just sit there with my Mum and then I hear a buzzing sound. I look around the car and see a bee. It's around three times larger than normal. I'm not scared and I just look at it. My Mum makes a comment regarding it. The bee has large yellow and black stripes. That's all I remember. After that the dream faded and I went back into consciousness.

I wake up and remember not to move. Perfect. I try and visualise tactile sensations but I get bored, wanting to just get over with the induction and try and have a DILD within the dream itself. I turn over. SP was coming closer and my body felt fuzzy. I fall asleep fast, but not as fast as before.

We're in the car again. Though, now we're at my house. Our car is still parked in the driveway though. I talk to my Dad and my Mum. We had just got home from a holiday. My Dad is asking me about my Budgerigar. He's worrying that we didn't feed him properly or that he might have gotten out while we were away. I disregard what he is saying because I know we fixed up everything before we left the house. We get out of the car. I open my car door start to walk further up the driveway to our house to go and check on my pet bird. My Dad, when he gets out of the car, starts to yell very loud, as in shock (I don't know why). I'm not scared, but the dream starts to fade.

I wake up almost immediately. Theses similar dream scenes might be caused from my attempted tactile visualisations. Yay! I try WILD and DEILD like last time, but I am unsuccessful again, probably because the yelling at the conclusion of the dream. I fall asleep again. I'm not sure if I attempted visualisations or not, but I end up in another dream.

I'm in a supermarket with my Dad. We own the supermarket, are managers or I am simply working there. I'm not sure what it is. I go over the checkout to serve a customer. A customer comes up and ask if they can buy a certain amount of something. I get confused and annoyed because someone only want to buy one and a half packets instead of just two whole packets. I can't remember much more about the dream than that.

I'm awake from the dream and suddenly feel myself sinking into my bed. I realise this is one of the signs of SP and I get excited. I relax, but then my hand slides off the pillow and the sinking feeling stops. Darn it. I turn over and attempt to DEILD and/or WILD. I don't remember anything though after this, and I'm unsure what the transition between my conscious attempts ended and my attempt within the dream begin.

I'm WILDing and I open my eyes. I can see the mattress but then I get amazed as my perspective of a certain mark on the mattress before me is shifting, as though I am floating back and forth. I assume this is part of HI and SP. I get confused as to why this is happening so clearly and remarkably, especially since my eyes are open, though I don't want to move and perform a reality check. My Mum comes into my room and talks to me at the door while I sit up in bed. Then I speak to my Dad and someone else in the hallway outside my room, but still from my bedroom. The dream ends shortly after.

I wake up and I cannot believe I had just false awakened and did techniques within a dream for the second time. It seems really funny though, and very complicated also, as I was half-chaining my dreams and the ordering of them in my mind is a muddled mess. I'm happy that I experienced that sinking feeling, as that means I was probably closer to entering a LD or SP than ever before.

And I finally managed to add this all up. Huzzah!
      Last edited by Ethanescence; 04-16-2008 at 01:36 PM.

^ My Dream Journal ^

Coocoocachoo
      Dream Journal... Wednesday 16th of April, 2008

I went to bed too late, so my recall was really shoddy. I can't remember anything, except undefined impressions that are too vague to even attribute into sentences or descriptive words.

^ My Dream Journal ^