• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Eos

Weird things are happening to me.

Weird things have been happening to me ever since I got off the mountain. I'd like to first say that before I went hiking for 2 weeks, I was able to just feel energy and get dreams all the time coming true. Though, when I went to hike for 2 weeks straight up that mountain and be with nature, I started to see energy around all of us clearly. I could feel it more than before, and I would know when there was a storm coming, or something bad was about to happen. I could see energy before but it was just sort of there and not really noticeable. This was just the beginning for me of weird things.

I was home for the first time and later went to bed. I had a dream of a monster that was huge saying he loved me and followed me around. I woke up, felt something there, and then it was gone. I was thinking about it for a while, what could this dream mean, and was something there? I couldn't tell. Later that day I was looking at the TV that was off and I saw this shadow of a little kid run down the stairs and into the kitchen. I turn around and went to the kitchen and nothing was there.

At night I went to bed and had a dream about being kidnapped by this big fat ugly guy. He told me he loved me and kissed me on my head. I woke up and I heard a whisper saying "this is my..." I couldn't get the last word. Was it this is my house?? This is my.. what?

The next night, I had another dream about a monster loving me. I remember there was a whole plot in the story about my friends and my dad but I don't remember what it was. I do remember that in the end the monster was taking me away to his people. I wake up because I felt something holding me, and hear a song in a strange language. Then it was gone, and I started talking out loud. Who in the world are you, and why can't you just leave me alone? I even started praying asking God to help me out with this.

Anyway, I could go on about these dreams and events, but I'll tell you the dream I had recently. Last night I was asleep and had a dream where an old man threw me into a dark room. My wrists were tied up and I was hanging in the air. My feet were not touching the ground and I think I was up pretty high. Then, this giant european dragon comes to me. He was enormous. His head was probably half the size of a two story building. Head alone!!! He tells me this, "I'm not going to eat you." He bites the rope, and sets me gently down on the ground. He was being friendly. He told me something else but I don't remember. Later the dream changes, and yet again, a giant is following me around telling me he loves me. I don't remember the whole plot of the dream until the end where I'm sitting down on top of a house or wood. The giant is just standing in the distance on my left side and my brother is on my right. I am watching these guys in front of me trying to build a house with wood that isn't the right size. I wake up when I hear footsteps in my room. I really felt like something was there and thought it was my cat. So I called my cat's name and nothing answered back and I turned on the lights to make sure. I go back to bed with the lights on, and quickly wake up when I felt like something was there. There was a scream in my head of some creature, but I did see some kind of energy in front of me. Then it was gone, and I tried going back to sleep but I felt like this guy wasn't going to give up because the moment I closed my eyes I felt like it coming back.

Later this day, I thought I should catch up on my sleep because I was pretty tired. So I slept and had this strange dream that makes no sense. I was at the mountain as a wrangler with my dad. My dad and I were trying to get this horse to come to us but it kept running off. So we get this other horse and put on this really weird saddle. It had two seats on the side and my dad hops on. I try to do the same but then I slip off while the horse was riding. I then jump back up somehow and turn around looking at the horse behind us. I tell my dad that I don't want to leave that horse by itself and get off. I walk towards the horse and get on it bareback style. My dad and I ride together and later others join. This time our horses turned into unicorns and there were two dragons with people on them riding next to us. Then these monsters kidnap me, take me away to this science research place. They tell me I'm very special to them because I have some kind of gift, want to study me, and that I'm not allowed to escape. I sneak out of the room find a weapon that they use on people and used it against these tiny monsters. I later get into a room where I see a body of a human child on a cart and my flute at a far distance. I wake up, and realize my arms are lifeless, yet I feel like I can move them around at the same time. I moved my hands so that I was holding them together while watching the fact that my dead arms were not doing the same. I didn't know what to do, and let go of my imaginary hands and my arms were back to life.

During all these dreams and occurrences, I did not show any sign of great fear. I hope you all don't say that I'm weird. I really need advise to what I'm to do. What do these weird dreams mean and these events. Is there a little evil spirit wandering around playing with my dreams?

LD Count
      Tons
      Bay Area, California
      DJ Entries
      to Dream Views, Eos

I don't think you're weird at all. Your description sounds a lot like the experiences I've had at the border of sleep. There is a strange moment, when you are not quite asleep, but not fully awake. Your dreams merge with your waking surroundings in strange ways.

When it happens before sleep, it is called hypnagogia (or hypnagogic immagery or hypnagogic hallucinations, ect). When it happens after sleep, when you first wake up, it is called hypnopomp (or hypnopombic hallucinations, ect). Both states often are paired with Sleep Paralysis, which sounds like what happened to you when you were waving your arms around.

Try searching any of the three terms here on DV, or in Google, and you should find some remarkably similar tales to the ones you have. People have been reporting the same linked set of experiences since the beginning of human history. It is often referred to as Old Hag or the Succubus, alien abductions, or similar mythologies. Your body will be paralyzed, you will sense a shadowy presence in the room, you will feel fear, a shortness of breath, or a pressure on your chest. Auditory hallucinations often accompany it, such as loud screeches or voices.

Don't be discouraged that just because there is a word for this, it is some kind of dismissal. Around here, we actively pursue these states because we believe they have tons to offer. Shamans throughout history have been using this as a gateway to wisdom or other worlds, or whatever their individual beliefs led them to. Whether you believe in the more spiritual and shamanistic side of it, or the more scientific and psychological side is up to you.

Personally, I think you didn't sleep so well during your trip, and needed to catch up on your REM sleep. This REM rebound can cause some wacky dreams. In fact, it just happened to me last night. I was sick this weeknd, and last night was a rollercoaster of seriously spooky shit! I understand that when you experience this first hand, you take it seriously! There's no way to explain away those experiences.

You should definitely pursue this further. It seems like you've opened a gateway to a natural WILD (Wake Induced Lucid Dream) ability. Or an opportunity to explore astral travel.

I don't know, but it's cold
      Damg..... I was going to mention astral... Robot your evil, you stole my idea

Try Naiya's aping tutorial. and there was another guy..... hang on...

Quote Originally Posted by Portalboat View Post
      So, that means you'll have boobs bigger then all of theirs combined? Because all of them have pretty big boobs
      Quote Originally Posted by Mario92 View Post
      Now that I'm done shrieking like a little girl, this sounds like fun.

Eos
      Thank you very much guys. I looked up what exactly are WILDs and they sound really fun. Now that I think about it, I think I've had WILD/lucid dreams before. How can I control them, or know that I'm in one? Would this count as astral or lucid. One time I had a dream where I woke up in my room and was sort of floating. Then, I woke up again in my room.

I checked the tutorial for astral and it looks interesting. I'm gonna learn it just so I can protect myself the next time it ever happens. The cool thing is I always feel energy in my hands and reading this tutorial about barriers and stuff sounds fun. I can use energy to heal certain things (like mainly soars, pain). I remember talking to my best friend one time telling her I could help her with her soar leg, and she turned down the offer saying it sounds weird to her. So, since then I try to be quiet about things, but I just can't at times. I wanna talk about it, but when I do in real life people either take it like "Uh...weirdo" or... "That's cool... (isn't listening or doesn't understand)" Only people who do are my parents well sort of. My dad knows how to use energy too and can see/sense it. I guess I got it from him. He's always busy though, and I barely get to see him much. Sorry for ranting on about stuff.

LD Count
      Tons
      Bay Area, California
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by What??Me?? View Post
      Try Naiya's aping tutorial.
      Yeah, Naiya rocks. If you want to blow a whole day, start reading through her dream journal. She always blows my mind.

When you wake up, only to wake up again, it is called a False Awakening. They are very common after lucid dreams. I always get fooled.

If you haven't already, check out the Tutorials section,
      http://dreamviews.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=74
      especially the Lucid Dreaming Quick Start Tutorial at the top of the page.

If you want a good WILD guide, I love Clairity's
      http://dreamviews.com/community/showthread.php?t=40684

I think you will find that WILD and Astral Projection share a lot of similarities. I know the techniques used to achieve each overlap quite a bit. When you are in that half asleep stage, or even sleep paralysis, it is pretty easy to transition to a dream, or (as you saw waving your arms around) leave your sleeping body entirely. I bet if you would have just rolled to one side when you were waving your arms around, you would have rolled your consciousness right out of your body.

If you're not real into meditation type stuff, there are ways to get lucid that rely on daytime practices. Start a dream journal, start doing Reality Checks, and get familiar with your sleep cycles to try a Wake Back To Bed every now and again. The general idea is to get your awareness up during both the day and the night. Hopefully you can get this awareness to carry over into your dreams.

And feel free to keep asking as many questions as you need. If you have any specific problems, you can always PM a Dream Guide (our names are in Green)

Mountaineer
      Oh yes...Mountains will always bring out the best in yourself..

I have the best WILD's when I am laying down in my hammock, miles deep into pure wilderness.

Try this at home! or...in the wilderness actually

Eos
      I just had a really crazy night!!!! I went to bed thinking about all this crazy stuff and how cool it would be to see a spirit guide. Then my body started to get all numbish, and told myself let's see what happens. I started hearing all those weird sounds all over the place, and kept telling myself *this is just a dream and those sounds are not real*, but this really loud scary sound that was really close to me freaked me out and I jolted up. I told myself oh no, I think I ruined the process, and went back to sleep. I quickly went all numb again and those sounds started coming back. I was doing great for a while until this one sound just had to ruin it for me XD. I woke up and just told myself I'm not going to get any sleep this night. I go to the computer and read more about this stuff and looked for more tutorials. I read from somewhere that not everyone has a spirit guide and it kind of freaked me out. I was telling myself, so what if I don't have one?? What if I end up doing astral without meaning to and something really bad happens?? The moment I was thinking that my cell phone rings once and it says restricted. Now, I haven't had someone call me by my cell in two months, and why call at 1'oclock in the morning?? After the phone rings I get extremely tired, like I just can't stay up. I lay down again in bed, but those weird noises kept bugging me. I went to get a drink of water and slept on the couch. I wake up but this time I am in a dream in the room with a TV that likes to change sizes. I was acting all normal and stuff watching this tv change sizes and channels. I couldn't move at all, and then it hit me. For one moment I realized, wait... this isn't real. First off, a tv isn't placed on a brick wall of a fireplace in this house, second I can't really move, and third I don't watch TV that much in real life. Though, it was pretty fun changing channels and seeing the TV change sizes. It didn't last that long, because I woke up from yet again by those crazy sounds. I went back to sleep, and had a nightmare. It starts off by my mom dad and I are exploring different churches. We meet a friend that I know at this one church, and later head back home. I end up getting sick and these demon dogs start trying to get to the house. My parents decide that they're going to take a walk and leave me alone at the house even though they knew that those Demon Dogs were after me. As they were walking, a huge pack of dogs were running towards the house and I see them through the window. I see that my parents notice and are running back to the house, but they are so far away there's no way they could make it in time. I run down the stairs and lock every door in the house and I hear those dogs barking away. I decide to head to the garage thinking its the safest place to be. I wake up the moment I hear this loud roar and I look at the glass door's reflection showing a two legged demon monster. Guess what I did? I screamed and threw a pillow at it. My dad walks out of the kitchen saying, "I was just getting a morning snack." I wonder what would of happened if my dad didn't walk into the kitchen. Would the demon dogs get to me or would I finally realize this was a dream because those dogs are taking forever to get in the house, and why would there be demon dogs in the first place or would my dream change to something else? Oh well, I'll never know.

Robot - Thank you so much for all the information. I bet if I never looked up for this site, and asked for help, I'd probably be in a real mess. I'd probably be like:
      *AHHHHHHHHH those demon puppies are after me AHHHHHHHHHHHH* XD

Or

*Those sounds?? AHHHH where are they coming from??*

High Hunter - I have had really weird dreams when camping in the wilderness. Like I had a dream where I died, and ended up in the factory. I was a slave as well as everyone else who was there to the giant queen ant. I sneak out of the factory and get back home. I meet someone along the way who knows a secret to make the Queen not come after me. But it was too late when she showed up right at the door. Then, I wake up because of my friend's watch was beeping.

Do you sometimes get visions of what is to come when you're in nature? Like one time I laid down on the rock and fell into a trance (its something I just like to do when I'm in nature), and had a dream about the whole forest. About the water ripples, and flowers. It was all peaceful until this storm came. Lightning was striking and rain was pouring really hard. I wake up and my friends and I look around. We see all kinds of flowers, just like in the dream that I had. Later I actually started to see rain and hear thunder in my head. Few minutes later it all happens. The sound and the feeling of the real rain pouring and thunder roaring was the same as in the vision and dream.

Wow, I posted a lot again. I'm so sorry.

Mountaineer
      Eos, don't you be sorry! This is a forum, its main purpose is to post! A lot if you wish!

You have some very interesting experiences so far, it is fun to read. As for your queen ant dream, it reminds me of a dream I once had before as well. Mine had to do with soem sort of prison, but it was the same concept. I interpreted it as what civilization is. From an outside perspective, such as being free in the forest, civilization seems to be exactly what you describe, a bunch of workers trapped, working for the queen.

Do you sometimes get visions of what is to come when you're in nature? Like one time I laid down on the rock and fell into a trance (its something I just like to do when I'm in nature), and had a dream about the whole forest. About the water ripples, and flowers. It was all peaceful until this storm came. Lightning was striking and rain was pouring really hard. I wake up and my friends and I look around. We see all kinds of flowers, just like in the dream that I had. Later I actually started to see rain and hear thunder in my head. Few minutes later it all happens. The sound and the feeling of the real rain pouring and thunder roaring was the same as in the vision and dream.
      This is very interesting! In nature, it feels like we are free of many stresses and worries that linger in our minds when we are within the city's walls. Without those barriers, your potential's limits are a lot broader. I feel like the energy in one's body is so at peace, that it is capable of picking up on certain vibes and such, that we are normally unable to feel. It seems like once you got into that trance, your inner energy was so strong and receptive, that the oncoming storm's presence was felt before you could see it coming. I believe every tree, rock, body of water, and even many animals, in the forest can predict a storm WAY before it even shows any signs of being present.

Once upon a time, I was up in the beautiful sierra nevadas with a friend of mine. We were walking in the mountains and came across a beautiful waterfall. We decided to lay down for a minute to replenish our energy. I was laying on a rock, right under the 60 foot waterfall. The falling water would hit the corner of the rock, and splash onto my face once in a while, which was extremely refreshing. The throbbing of the waterfall and the sound of the wind through the trees was so entrancing, that I quickly fell into a WILD. There were very intense vibrations all around me before I actually started dreaming. All I remember though, is asking myself what kind of animal would best describe me. I then suddenly woke up with no particular answer. So after some time we continued our journey up the mountain. About 15 minutes later, a STRONG feeling overpowered me, about the question I had previously asked myself in the trance. Then ethe forest suddenly became completely quiet, the wind died, leaves feel to the ground, the trees became silent. Then bam, a beautiful Wolf came out of the distance and walked RIGHT past us. He never seemed to be scared of us whatsoever. We just stood there in awe and silence. The Wolf's feet did not make a single sound either. When he vanished into the woods, I swear the wind picked back up and the forest's usual noises came back to be. It was so intense for me to see that, that I did not even tell my buddy anything about it!

Well, look what you made me do now, I wrote a whole bunch too

Eos
      Wow, that's awesome, and really cool that a wolf just walked past you. This reminds me of my dad. I swear whenever he goes to an area that has mountain lions, usually one tends to follow him, or show up at the campsite. They don't attack him or anything, just show up when he is around. It might be because he can sense energy from animals far away. Maybe these cats are attracted to his presence? Its the same thing when he gets home too, he'll like lay down on the couch and my cat races on over to him while puring and bug him the whole night. Course my kitty always wants attention. He's like *Mesa is hanging with daddy because daddy hasn't been here the whole day and mesa wants attention from him* Its really funny what that cat does at times. He always wants attention and acts like a baby (he whines a lot).

(I bet I'm making another really long post.)

Anyway, I remember when I was on the mountain sitting on a rock again by myself. I was kind of down because I felt really ignored by my friends that day. I was looking down when I heard this cracking of sticks and I look up. I see this doe just walking next to me and eating off the bushes. She wasn't scared at all, and kept eating. She walks off to the other place. The next day as we were leaving the camp and the same doe comes back at the same spot where I was at. Like... that must be her favorite spot?

And, the whole trip I was sensing storms, dreaming them, seeing them and they all have come true. In fact I stopped dreaming about them, and just get a huge headache in my mind telling me *that cloud over there is forming a storm* even though it was all white and tiny didn't look like it could get any bigger. The headache will get worse if we were seriously close to a storm, and there were two times where that happened. There was a lightning strike right on top of this one hill where my head kept telling me *it'll hit over there* like I knew. My friends would joke around saying I should be the weathergirl. The thing is over here there are no storms most of the time throughout the year but I remember when I was little, I'd get sick after a lightning storm or rain.

(Never mind, its not that long as the others XD)