• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Fresno, CA

Smile Journeys Of The Mind

Welcome to your limitless potential...

This is my first recorded attempt at learning to recognize the difference between dream state and everyday waking state. My intentions are to learn and eventually master lucid dreaming, astral projection, and the realization and insight dreams offer.

(This online version will actually be transcribed from my actual Dream Journal I keep next to my bed, which should also serve as a mental crutch when attempting such practices.)

Last edited by Astral Entities; 01-29-2009 at 07:26 AM.

Fresno, CA

Exclamation Running Showers??

--Sept 1st, 2008--

(Okay I know this was last year, but this is the first entry in my dream journal, and it's been a while since I've actually began to remember dreams again.)

Had two dreams.

First one all I remember is Travis being in the bathtub fully clothed, water running, and there was some sort of heavy metal playing -

Second dream, Heather and I were leaving to go somewhere, we were in the red Ford Escape...I think. And I do believe there were other people in there as well. We were in a hurry for some reason, but I kept forgetting things in the house. There was this big cloth bag full of whatever that I forgot, and then I forgot something else. So I tried running to hurry up, but found it to be very difficult. It felt as though I was running through water.

Last edited by Astral Entities; 01-29-2009 at 07:27 AM.
      Where ever you go, there you are.
      Dream Journal

Fresno, CA

A Stitched Catapult...

--Jan 27th, 2009--

Finally gaining dream recall again...what was that all about?

Had three dreams lastnight, two of which I remember.

The first dream was a little disturbing:

I was in the bed of a white pickup truck, Heather's two male cousins are in the cab, not too sure which was driving. We were in Tower District at a turn signal, waiting to go left. To my right this super gangster lowrider rolls up. Thing is, this lowrider had an extra set of really FAT tires in the middle that made the two oustide pairs of tires rise up off the ground, which to my amusement wobbled and swerved through the intersection.

However, all that wobbling and swerving caught the attention of a perched motorcycle cop on the side, which I hadn't even seen until now. He pulls out, flips on the lights and proceeds after the gangsters. Suddenly, we just blow through the red light we were stopped at and start chasing both the cop and the lowrider! For no reason apparently because we began to pass both of them up. Then to my shock and horror, the gangsters begin shooting at us!!

So I immediately hit the uh...bed (heh) for cover, and I begin to feel the momentum of the truck pick up as we go faster to get away from the gangsters. Then we start plowing through these white metal beams which looked like they were support for an upper deck or something. We finally crash for good, though the details of how and in to what escape me.

Next thing I know, I am standing next to the two cousins, and they are all stitched up. I mean like ragdolls, they had stitches EVERYWHERE. Big long ones on their faces, their clothes, their hands, feet, everthing. Now that I think about it, it was probably because I was in the back when we crashed so I got ejected and landed safely on the pavement going 300 mph

Second dream was a lot shorter, simpler, and quite humorous:

A large catapult launching firetrucks. Not the kind of catapult you load stuff in to, this was the kind that you attach a hook to some large object and it flings it over a large distance.

I awoke this morning smiling to myself.
      Last edited by Astral Entities; 01-29-2009 at 07:30 AM.
      Dream Journal

Fresno, CA

Making Progress?

--Jan 28th, 2009--

Nothing upon waking this morning.

I would like to point out I see a few recurring dream signs:

I'm in a vehicle of some sort, or the dream involves a vehicle;
      I'm always moving or trying to go somewhere;
      There are usually other people with me;

So I will begin doing reality checks when in these situations, along with checking every hour

Last edited by Astral Entities; 01-29-2009 at 07:31 AM.
      Dream Journal

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Saint Augustine, Florida
      DJ Entries
      The vehicle one is good, but the other two are kind of common. Eventually you will get tired of doing a reality check every time you are around people.

Mountaineer
      Haha, cool dreams man.

Here's a suggestion concerning your dream signs. When you find yourself in car, go ahead and do a RC. But also, truly ask yourself why you are in the vehicle. Where you're going, why you're going, where you were before that..like look at it from every perspective. I dunno, maybe you already do that...I've just been finding that it makes RC's that much more useful!

Good luck

Fresno, CA

Some day! Some day! Some day!

--Jan 29th, 2009--

Couldn't remember much when I awoke this morning. Vague distinctions of a TV commercial were playing. Almost like I was watching some intermission during a movie. Sounded like one of those super excited, over-zealous broadcasters: "MONSTER TRUCK JAM! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY! BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!"

I really don't remember exactly what he was saying, but I got the over all tone. Funny thing is I don't even watch TV. Maybe this will prove to be a dream sign further down the road...

Funny, I said monster trucks...there's the vehicles again...
      Last edited by Astral Entities; 01-30-2009 at 07:20 AM.
      Dream Journal

Fresno, CA

Trouble in the junkyard

--Jan 30th, 2009--

A somewhat funny/disturbing dream lastnight:

I was on my way to work, but I was walking. I would never walk to work since that would take forever. And I recall part of the journey to work I would always take this path through this junkyard. The feeling felt very familiar and it seemed like a normal thing...something I always did, so nothing could go wrong, right? Well not on this particular stroll through the junkyard...

I had the opportunity of getting super baked before leaving my apt. so I was really stoned when I got to the junkyard. Well, half way through I notice this enticing mound of junk in which something catches my eye. So I begin to climb it and I discover some old, but still live military bullets, some for 30 cal., some for big cannons. And I am just really taken in by this, I feel like this is the coolest thing I have ever seen/found.

Then I'm like "oh, man, I'm gonna be late for work!". So I climb down the mound and look at my surroundings. It's only until now I realize that this junkyard is HUGE. Like a desert full of junk. Kind of like the Costco in that movie Idiocracy. I also realize I have no clue where I am at, since I stopped to do something else rather than just walk through. I guess I was able to find my way through every time based off of landmarks...but stopping half way, I lost my train of thought and got lost.

So I head off in the direction I think is correct, but it's not. Some time later I realize I forgot my coat at the foot of the mound of junk I climbed. So I turn around to go and retrieve it. Not sure when and how, but suddenly the junkyard denizens popped out of nowhere and captured me! I was a little shocked by this, but I wasn't really afraid. They weren't horribly disfigured mutants like in The Hills have Eyes, they were just normal people that lived there.

Next thing I know I'm in some kind of junkyard capsule, which was part of a train of other junkyard capsules...not sure if they were occupied by others. We were moving rather fast around this room in which the junkyard denizens were watching and I think laughing. Then I woke up.
      Last edited by Astral Entities; 01-31-2009 at 07:44 AM.
      Dream Journal

Drowning in Dreams Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_8B0000'>Zhaylin</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      c. 6 since join
      Central West Virginia, USA
      DJ Entries
      Awesome dream journal!! I love that you're able to draw and that you add pictures to your journal!

Here, There, and Everywhere
      DJ Entries
      Hey man this is great! I love the drawings in your journal, differentiates your journal from others. That dream about the junkyard is pretty strange. Do you have any idea where the junkyard capsule was taking you?
      Lucid Dream Count: 41
      Yo! Read My Dreams or Die!
      [ ] Invent a New Color [ ] Dilate time and spend a week in a second [ ] Meditate and have a Profound Transcendent Experience [ ]Have 50 lucid dreams

Fresno, CA

Rioting Jam Session...

--Feb 1st, 2009--

Two dreams lastnight:

First dream I recall being back east at my Grandmother's house. This house is pretty big, not too sure who all was there with me. Suddenly a riot breaks out in the front yard. I don't know who these people are and what they are protesting, but they all seem to want to get inside for some reason.

I remember they surrounded the house, but as hard as they tried they just could not get in. I could tell these people were definitely not happy. Things get fuzzy after that.

Second dream I was jamming with my friends, in which looked to be still my Grandmother's house. Maybe it was all the same dream? The rioting mob outside was gone so...who knows? Shark was spinning his guitar around his body by the strap and his clothes were all getting caught by it. I was playing drums, but not like I usually would...I was hitting what appeared to be an electric drum set, but they were blocks...at least the snare was.

Things get fuzzy after that and then I wake up.
      Dream Journal

Fresno, CA

Paladin's Quest

--Feb 2nd, 2009--

A rather interesting dream last night...before going to bed I had been playing an old SNES game through an emulator on my pc, called Demon's Crest. First time I've ever played it and I got quite a kick out of the story and gameplay.

I think the game spilled over in to my dreams...

I recall being in a large castle of some sort, large stone hallways, statues, chandeliers, large book cases, walk-in fireplaces. I wasn't a character in this story, I was merely observing. Main characters were a Paladin, holy, righteous, protective. Then a Demon, evil, sadistic, ruthless. The demon was actually half demon, half werewolf. I remember the arms were hairy, with large claws.

My role in the story was kind of like playing that old board game, Clue. I'm not too sure what or why I was doing this, but I was searching for clues that described the background of both of these characters. I can't recall exactly what the clues were, but what I do know is the more clues I found pertaining to that particular character, the more powerful they became.

Like I would find clues for the paladin, and he would grow brighter, gain more armor and look all the more holy. Same for the demon, more clues I found for him, the bigger his muscles grew, and the more horns and spikes grew all over his body. Until finally at the climax of the dream both characters were so powerful they had one final duel.

Of COURSE I don't remember the battle or who won. Dammit

I had two other dreams last night but I can't recall them.
      Dream Journal

Fresno, CA

A Gangster's Portrait

--Feb 4th, 2009--

Only fragments of a few dreams remain this morning...

First dream (or maybe part of the second) I recall holding this super, uber version of a desert eagle. This thing had all kinds of stuff on it which made it look like hi-tech and from the future.

Second dream, I was sitting outside of Piemonte's in Tower District, drawing in my sketch books, and I think I had my dream diary too. Then this mob of black gangsters
      (not racist, that's what they were) walked up to me and were all interested in my drawings...

Some were all "hell yeah that shit tight dawg", and they were really impressed I guess. Then they kept walking and one turns to me and tells me to have a good day. wtf?

Upon writing this, I notice some other recurring things in my dreams:

- I seem to be in possession of guns and bullets
      - Gangsters

These will definitely be dream signs for me, since that is the total opposite of my lifestyle. I do like guns though...I just don't like what their common use is for...
      Last edited by Astral Entities; 02-04-2009 at 06:26 PM.
      Dream Journal

Here, There, and Everywhere
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Astral Entities View Post
      --Feb 1st, 2009--
      Second dream I was jamming with my friends, in which looked to be still my Grandmother's house. Maybe it was all the same dream? The rioting mob outside was gone so...who knows? Shark was spinning his guitar around his body by the strap and his clothes were all getting caught by it. I was playing drums, but not like I usually would...I was hitting what appeared to be an electric drum set, but they were blocks...at least the snare was.
      Things get fuzzy after that and then I wake up.[/I]
      That's very interesting. Dreams that involve playing music always intrigue me. Do you remember what the music sounded like, or what you thought of the warped instruments? Often when I play music in dreams the music sounds very strange and distant, or else it sounds way better than I am capable of playing. Did you experience anything like that? I'm interested...
      Lucid Dream Count: 41
      Yo! Read My Dreams or Die!
      [ ] Invent a New Color [ ] Dilate time and spend a week in a second [ ] Meditate and have a Profound Transcendent Experience [ ]Have 50 lucid dreams

Fresno, CA

Fun time at the fair?

--Feb 10th, 2009--

Had a few dreams lastnight, though I only remember the last one.

I recall being at some kind of fair/carnival/circus type event. Don't remember if I was with anyone that I know. I really don't remember doing anything there at all come to think of it...

I remember this one guy was being annoying. I don't know what he was saying, but I felt like i wanted to punch this guy...he was being really condescending. I never would do such a thing but next thing I know I'm beating the crap out of this guy.

I also recall along the side of the carnival, there was this little fence where the outcasts can watch the carnival, but not participate. Kind of like they were on time-out or something?

The only person in this "time-out" section was this dude that looked just like my old friend Jerry, which I've known since high school. I think there was a point where the people in the carnival started applauding him or something.

This dream made no sense what-so-ever...like they ever do...
      Dream Journal

Fresno, CA

Lost at the deli

--Feb 19th, 2009--

Had a lapse in dream recall for about a week or so, I remember having some dreams but upon awakening forgot them.

Lastnight's dream was quite vivid:

Walking around in what appeared to be the local mall shopping center. I'm not one that goes to malls regularly, but I guess I was searching for something. I walk in to this deli-type place, there are people feasting on their sandwiches, and communing with their fellow patrons. I decide I'll walk around a bit more, then get a sandwich as I leave.

I walk out the other side of the deli, in to the same mall shopping center, but I feel lost. I have no idea where I am or came from. I recall wandering around for some time, albeit aimlessly...then I end up back in the deli place again. I feel a little relieved I am in familiar surroundings again, and as such I decide to get myself a sandwich and sit down to enjoy my hard earned meal.

The sandwich was pastrami on wheat.

I wake up.
      Dream Journal

Fresno, CA

E=Mc what?

--Feb 20th, 2009--

This dream involved a haunted house, but it was in no way scary...at all. It felt more like one of those amusement/attraction things where you go in and they have all kinds of illusions and tricks set up to dazzle your mind. I can not recall the entire dream, though one part stood out quite well...

I was standing in front of a wall with really old, dark red wallpaper which seemed like would crumble in the wind. I pull out a dagger and I begin carving big, vertical lines up and down, over and over. The lines etched in to the crumbling wallpaper take on the appearance of flames. It looked kind of like a rough sketch. Then through the lines/flames, Einsten's head forms in the haphazard designs. He did not say anything, his eyes just moved about the room, the lines morphing and stretching to accomodate the direction in which he was looking.

I wake up.
      Dream Journal