• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      We Were Angels A Pierrot's Aria's Avatar
      LD Count
      England
      DJ Entries

A Pierrot's Muse.

Hopefully by tomorrow morning I'll begin recording my dreams into this Dream Journal and be able to identify my dream signs. If anyone does read through my entries and notices any dream signs, I'd be grateful if you'd let me know!

I'm looking forward to getting started!

For now, here's a key.

- KEY -
      |Normal Dream|
      |Lucid Dream|
      |Nightmare|
      |Dream Signs|
      |Sleep Paralysis|

Banned
      LD Count
      im here for you
      Hey! Welcome to DV, good luck with your dream journal!
      I'll try and comment on your dreams when I can, remember to record anything and everything you feel!

LD Count
      England
      DJ Entries
      ^ Thank you very much!

[Fragment] Planning a Visit
      March 31st 2009

A friend, Larissa was the only face I had seen. She wore a smile on her face and her blonde hair was tied into a loose pony tail; small, fair strands protruded from her otherwise perfectly straight hair along the hairline. She donned a pale blue fleece which was left unopen at the neck.

We spoke of planning a day out because we haven't seen each other since last year.

LD Count
      England
      DJ Entries
      [Fragment] Documentary
      Thursday 2nd April 2009

A young girl -- possibly in her teenage years-- with an unknown identity, featured in a documentary; although its exact purpose has eluded my memory. Her face, constantly masked by an unsure blur appeared many times on the television screen accompanied by a typical, male, news reporter voice claiming that she was a "very special and very important person..."

Banned
      LD Count
      im here for you
      Quote Originally Posted by A Pierrot's Aria View Post
      [Fragment] Documentary
      Thursday 2nd April 2009

A young girl -- possibly in her teenage years-- with an unknown identity, featured in a documentary; although its exact purpose has eluded my memory. Her face, constantly masked by an unsure blur appeared many times on the television screen accompanied by a typical, male, news reporter voice claiming that she was a "very special and very important person..."
      Life in general, apparently.
      I'm liking the more loose format you have your dreams in, keep that, I think it makes it easier to read.

Don't feel like you have to add anything fancy, like colored text or fancy symbols. A dream journal is for you to record your dreams in, not a altar for you to write a novel on.

LD Count
      England
      DJ Entries
      ^ Usually my dreams are much longer and I can remember them, but lately I just haven't been able to, so I've only remembered fragments. (I'm hoping the journal will help me pick up the pace a bit! I used to write down my dreams and that's how I was able to remember even up to three long dreams per night. But due to college I fell behind and stopped recording for a few months and I've since lost my touch.)

And you're right. : )
      But don't worry, I won't be making it fancy with symbols or anything, but I do quite enjoy using different colours though. : )

LD Count
      England
      DJ Entries
      False Awakening
      Friday 3rd April 2009

Upon waking from a dream I no longer remember, I opened my eyes a crack and peered out into the darkness.
      I didn't focus much on my surroundings to begin with, however, after a closer inspection (my vision becoming clearer in spite of my eyes remaining half-lidded) I came to the realisation that I was in fact lying in my bed in the living room; right where the chair was supposed to be. The vision in my left eye was hindered due to the obtrusive pillow, my gaze sweeped across the dark expanse of the room before coming to the conclusion that I was still dreaming.

I attempted to regulate my breathing into a steady rhythm and opened my eyes wider-- still, my left eye was half covered in darkness due to the pllow which my head had sunk into -- On my right eye was what seemed like a scattering of white dust which obstructed my view further.

I lifted my head -- which felt incredibly heavy -- from the pillow, but in spite of my efforts I couldn't control myself very well and fell limply back onto the pillow.

Curiosity then spiked and since that getting up was now off the agenda, I was curious as to see what my hand would look like. Would it have more fingers as it usually did when I did a reality check? Be a little blurry? Raising my arm, which experienced the same heavy feeling as my head, I raised my hand into a clearing in my vision between the walls of black and white. To my surprise, I merely gazed at a stump; cut off at the wrist abruptly, my hand was simply none existant.

---------------------------------------------

Stairway to...
      Friday 3rd April 2009

I stood at the entrance of the house -- the hallway enveloped in darkness -- and two figures emerged from within its dark depths; my sister and following close by was one of my good college friends.

Apparently, he'd slept over for the weekend and now the time had arrived for his departure. I feel a pang of guilt wash over me. I find myself wishing we ould have done more to make his stay more enjoyable. (Albiet I didn't seem to recall what was done during his stay.)

Turning on my heels, my vision swept passed the doorway of my dad's bedroom -- someone was inside.
      Her back was facing me but she was clad in silk, pale pink pyjamas and a house coat that looked rather like a small kimono. Her long, wavy black hair was gathered into a tight pony tail which trailed, incredibly, right down to the top of her thighs.

I fleetingly wonder who she was.

One of my sister's friends I'd decided.

"Don't forget your fan!" I hear my sister's voice from behind me. Following that, the mysterious girl produced a pink fan and packed it into a bag.

My sister then grabbed a bag from somewhere and filled it with clothing of which included a red T-shirt and a brown one. Then, with her free hand grasped a nearby suitcase and we started out the door, first walking to our neighbour who lived directly opposite.
      "Could you look after this, please?" she inquired to the man who now stood at the door.

He accepted the suitcase without hesitation and promptly we headed down the stairs. It appeared that I was now carrying the bag with the T-shirts inside, another random white T-shirt hooked in my right hand which flopped around lazily with my movements.

Continuing the journey down, the stairs began to undergo metamophosis; taking on the appearance of hard, cold stone stairs which led up to a huge archway from which white light flooded through.
      This light was of stark contrast to the sullen darkness of the room. And this time, by myself, I walked up the stairs.

I heard a jumble of voices -- male ones -- ricocheting across the barren area.
      "It's a shame when people you're looking for aren't there..."
      "Yeah, it is."

I was very nearly at the top. I began up the last flight of steps before I realised I had dropped the bag I was carrying, which was now hanging loosely on a long plank of wood that was propped up against the side of the banister. And looking up again, I saw a frightened man, pale with fear and pleading looks painted across his features, slowly crawling his way up on his hands and knees towards the light.

LD Count
      England
      DJ Entries
      Rubbish collection
      Saturday 4th April 2009

Myself as well as a few others (which may have included my sister and cousin) were collecting rubbish from the streets and bundling it into several plastic bags.

This was no normal errand. But one from the army, it seemed. For some unexplained reason they wished to obtain bags upon bags of waste and we had been sent to carry out this strange task.

Taking the bags of rubbish I had collected with me, I walked into a house where my cousin and a man who I had never met before were staying and sat myself on the floor.
      The man then loomed over me, radiating a frightening demeanor, carrying a pile of the rubbish I had collected and angrily dopping it down beside me, "You forgot this," he seethed.

It was then time to take the rubbish to the soldiers. It was night outside but the dark, obsidian sky lacked the beautiful gleam of twinkling stars.
      I headed up a small embankment on which a grey, military helicopter now occupied.

Men in the standard camouflague uniform leaped from inside it and approached me before taking the rubbish and heading back.

[Fragment] Rabbits
      Saturday 4th April 2009

Watching a computer animated program about colourful rabbits, myself, my sister and our auntie listened intently to the theme song to find out the names of the baby purple rabbit and the other red one.

They danced around to the lively theme song which spouted out a variety of different names, the ones I heard being Peter and Edward. Nevertheless, my auntie and I engaged in a debate about it because we both heard different things.

Banned
      LD Count
      im here for you
      Ahh! Good to see the longer dreams coming back! And congrats on the lucid!

LD Count
      England
      DJ Entries
      Me too! : )

Thank you very much, no-name! : ) Hopefully there'll be more to come!

[Fragment] Sleepover
      Monday 6th April 2009

A college friend was sleeping over at my house. After slipping on a pair white pyjamas and a matching housecoat, he slipped into bed and fell asleep.

Meanwhile I was on the PC browsing the internet.

LD Count
      England
      DJ Entries
      Geography Fieldtrip
      Tuesday 7th April 2009

Standing by a choppy sea with the tide threateningly striking the shoreline, myself and the rest of the students in college who study geography were standing by. Apparently simply engaging in idle chat.

The odd thing about this "beach" was the fact that it lacked sand, rather, it was just a cement ground with a few-and-far-between scattering of cobblestones breaking the monotonous gray with dull shades of purple. Behind us were ruins which were pearl white with shadings of a beautiful pastel purple. The pillars curled up into arches that stretched higher than anyone below could reach. Despite the fact that it was night and the sky was painted with prussain and ultramarine, nothing about these ruins appeared ominous, but calm.

I, however, wasn't talking to anyone. I stood alone and affixed my gaze to the ever advancing tide. Watching as the white foam surrounded the feet of the seemingly oblivious students. Nevertheless, snapping out of my trance, I turned and headed through the looming -- but not in any way menacing -- archway. I walked down a steep path which was surrounded by short-cut grass and at the bottom there, scattered around, were various ruins which were slumped towards the ground with smaller pillars pressed haphazardly against them; as if the slightest touch would send the pillars tumbling down the side of the cliff and into the sea. This was odd because it suggested that the whole area was surrounded by the sea.

I sat myself down on a slab of rock which protruded from the grassy surface and glanced into the sky. There I saw, flying in the air, a blimp that had been burst. But in spite of that, was flying quite normally through the night sky. Then stood at the top of the steep pathway was a group of my college friends who were still talking. I stood and started back up the path, the others leaving back through the arch before I reached the top.

I stopped.

I could see panicked students running away from the hostile waves which now beat onto the shore with incredible and relentless force. I turned on my heels and looked down at the ruins again and spotted a small flight of stairs leading down to somewhere. I can escape through there...

Suddenly, we were in an hotel. I stalked through the halls and into the bathroom which had a row of toilet cubicles inside. Stepping into one I began to adjust the green top I was wearing, convinced it didn't fit properly. Opening the cubicle door and staring into the mirror directly opposite, I kept tugging at the top.

Unhappy, I left the bathroom and walked into the bedroom next door. It was in complete darkness except for the golden light which now seeped in though the crack of the ajar door. There were two beds, one of which was already occupied by someone, sleeping.

Following suit, I walked to the bed on the right of the one currently in use.

[Fragment] Corrupt
      Tuesday 7th April 2009

I was playing a game on the Gamecube and a message appeared saying that the memory card was "slowly being corrupted."
      Unhappy about this, I suggested to my brother that we should quickly copy the data onto another memory card so we wouldn't lose it.

Banned
      LD Count
      im here for you
      Wow, random dream. Are they all without substance like this? Chaos, reminds me of my own dreams.
      Still loving the dreams, keep them up!

LD Count
      England
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by no-name View Post
      Wow, random dream. Are they all without substance like this? Chaos, reminds me of my own dreams.
      Still loving the dreams, keep them up!
      Yeah! haha! xD

And are you referring to the randomness and inconsistency of my dreams (and the fact that what I'm doing in them barely has a point! haha!)? I've never thought about it before...They might be, but I guess time will tell.

I'll try to keep it up! Thank you for taking the time to read through them, I really appreciate it! =D

LD Count
      England
      DJ Entries
      [Fragment] Games and Music
      Wednesday 8th April 2009

I was playing a computer game. I never saw myself but could hear myself --and my sister -- talking over it. I appeared to be playing as a male character wearing a white shirt with diagonal blue stripes trailing across it, accompanied by a pair of blue jeans.

Making the character walk over to a small rectangular pond with a fountain within it, music began playing. Despite my liking towards the song, my sister showed dislike towards my taste in music.

LD Count
      England
      DJ Entries
      False Awakening
      Thursday 9th April 2009

Sitting on the bedroom floor, I grasped the control pad firmly in my hand, engrossed in the game I was playing. Nevertheless, a friend and my sister interupted me by walking in front of the TV and requesting that we'd watch a DVD. Hiding my annoyance, I shifted into a more comfortable position.
      "You'll have to watch it in the living room then, I'm using this TV." Came my noncomittal reply.

Plucking the DVD out of the cabinet on which the TV sat, my friend and sister left the room leaving me to play the game in peace.

Waking up in my bed, the wall I stared at looked practically normal, only the slight distorting blur giving the fact that I was still dreaming away. From prior experience and by reading up on the matter, I knew that being able to control myself while in a false awakening was difficult. But in spite of this, I decided to try and get up. I closed my eyes and tried to focus on staying in the dream and when I was certain I was ready, rolled out of my bed and landed, crouched on the floor.

I sat still to make sure I wouldn't lose control by acting too hastily. Gingerly, standing up, I concentrated on trying to fly, and slowly but surely, I began to steadily float upwards. Unfortunately my excitement at this was cut short, abruptly by the top bunk of the bunk bed which had hindered my path upwards. I was lodged underneath the top bunk and had immediately lost control.

Banned
      LD Count
      im here for you
      Strange... I've never heard anything about false awakenings having bad control... Could it simply be you telling yourself you have poor control?
      Congrats on the lucid again, do you have a proper count of how many lucid dreams you've had thus far? Just curious. :]

LD Count
      England
      DJ Entries
      Strange... I've never heard anything about false awakenings having bad control... Could it simply be you telling yourself you have poor control?
      Congrats on the lucid again, do you have a proper count of how many lucid dreams you've had thus far? Just curious. :]
      I'm sure I read some stuff here about it...Unless I dreamt it up...xD I think I read a tutorial on how to gain lucidity and control in false awakenings yesterday. I'm sure I did. oO;

And not really...my lucids can be very few and far between. Most of the time when I gain lucidity I lose it again straight away because the majority of the time it's dark in my dream. I know it might sound silly...but I start thinking that things are going to jump out at me from the darkness or I'm going to see freaky things in a mirror, then I start to panic and wake up. It's only recently in the last few weeks that I've had the courage to do anything in these false awakenings (which are the only things that are making me realise that I'm dreaming lately, funnily enough! =P )

Banned
      LD Count
      im here for you
      Quote Originally Posted by A Pierrot's Aria View Post
      I'm sure I read some stuff here about it...Unless I dreamt it up...xD I think I read a tutorial on how to gain lucidity and control in false awakenings yesterday. I'm sure I did. oO;

And not really...my lucids can be very few and far between. Most of the time when I gain lucidity I lose it again straight away because the majority of the time it's dark in my dream. I know it might sound silly...but I start thinking that things are going to jump out at me from the darkness or I'm going to see freaky things in a mirror, then I start to panic and wake up. It's only recently in the last few weeks that I've had the courage to do anything in these false awakenings (which are the only things that are making me realise that I'm dreaming lately, funnily enough! =P )
      Ahhh, alright then. Good to hear they're coming at all then! =D
      Just show more confidence, they'll come with time.

LD Count
      England
      DJ Entries
      Ahhh, alright then. Good to hear they're coming at all then! =D
      Just show more confidence, they'll come with time.

Yeah, definitely! I mean, the two false awakenings I've recorded here are the first ones I've ever had! And I've managed to become lucid in both! Maybe if I do gain more confidence I can work on making my lucid dreams longer and control them better so I can actually do something. : D

LD Count
      England
      DJ Entries
      Mouse Infestation
      Monday 13th April 2009

Throwing my overpacked bag next to the bed in the guest room of my sister's boyfriend's house, I left to walk into another room where a PC was stood in the corner beside the door.

Alone, I searched for random videos using non existant search engines and each video appeared not only on the monitor, but the huge wide screen TV which was affixed to the wall.

As night began to fall, I walked in to the guest bedroom. The curtains were drawn tightly closed and the light was off. And dragging myself upon the high window sill, I sat within the darkness the room had to offer. As I looked out into the small room, I noticed something in my peripheral view. A person. A person sat right next to me on the window sill. Turning and studying he rmore, she looked rather like an old friend from Secondary School, with her long dark hair which was tied back into a high pony tail, accompanied by pale, ashen skin.

Thinking nothing more of her, I turned my gaze back on to the floor at the opposite end of the room and noticed something else. Small, round, black eyes were accentuated by the midnight coloured darkness.
      "What the hell is that!?" I thought aloud.

And running my eyes across the rest of the floor I realised the whole floor was covered in mice and rats of varying shapes and sizes. They were all feasting on bags of hay and sawdust which had apparently appeared out of nowhere and had been verociously ripped or chewed open its contents now decorating the navy blue carpet with hughes of yellows, browns and beige.

A scream tore from my lungs as I drew my legs up against my chest and wrapped my arms around them. Trying to draw as much defense from the position as possible. All the while my mum's voice echoed in my head like a memory, There's no point in hiding in a high up place, they could just climb up to get you.

The girl sat next to me didn't once react. She just stared. Out of everything in the room, she seemed to be the only one painted in the thickest of darkness.

Suddenly, I was back in the room with the computer I had been in earlier, sat in a crouching position near the bed as if I had been hiding behind it.

I slowly straightened my legs and began out of the door, meeting the mum of my sister's boyfriend on the landing.

"You can go grab something to eat, you know." She offered with a friendly smile.
      "Oh, thank you. I was just about to." I replied, returning her smile.

Upon this short exchange of words I started down the stairs.

Banned
      LD Count
      im here for you
      ...Wow...
      Strange, erratic, freaky dreams! I envy you. Keep writing them, I love reading all your dreams!

LD Count
      England
      DJ Entries
      ^ Heh heh! That's the way I like 'em! I'll keep trying to remember as many as I can! : )

Yoghurt
      Tuesday 14th April 2009

With the Easter holiday from college slowly nearing its end, I began worrying about homework; namely history and classics.

I picked up my files and folders and took them into the kitchen and slipped everything out of the plastic sleeves to reorder them to organise them into different sections. While emptying my folder, I happened upon a black book entitled HISTORY, which was written in huge white letters across the top. I slipped this into the very first plastic sleeve in my folder and turned to the next one.

At that moment, my sister walked in, "Can I have one of your yoghurts, please?"
      I became irritated at her request, "I thought I told you I didn't have any!" I seethed.

Opening the fridge, my sister pulled out a red yoghurt tub.

"Yeah, you do!" she retaliated, producing the evidence in her hands.
      "Okay, okay. What flavour did you take?" I inquired, looking at the label, it read STRAWBERJA.

Letting my sister walk out of the room with it, I thought nothing of the incorrect and downright odd spelling and grabbed a raspberry yoghurt out of the still open fridge.

LD Count
      England
      DJ Entries
      [Fragment] Manners
      Wednesday 15th April 2009

All I heard was a booming and irritated voice yelling, "Why don't you go and learn some manners!?"

LD Count
      England
      DJ Entries
      Bus Journey
      Saturday 18th April 2009

Sitting on the right side of the bus towards the middle, I handed my friend a pile of sketches I had done and she leafed through them.

Suddenly, while the bus was moving, a man clothed entirely in black jumped through the doors. He just appeared to be a speeding blur. He rushed up the aisle and back down again. A few people screamed in pain, and fell limply in their seats, blood pouring from their fleshly opened wounds. They'd been slashed with a knife.

Those who were left alive carried on as if nothing had happened, while I sat, desperately wondering to myself if they'd actually noticed what happened. Even the driver continued with the journey with out so much as a second thought; he didn't even stop once.

As the journey continued, panic still present in my mind, the blur of a man jumped in again while the bus was moving and swept up and down the length of the bus. More people slumped in their chairs, blood trickling down their slashed torsos and chests.

My heart rate sped up dramatically.

How could he possibly do that!? I thought to myself, shifting irritably in my seat.

I went on to wondering about if was actually hiding beneath or on top of the bus. I looked foreward, seeing an old lady with grey hair slumped in her chair, utterly lifeless; among the rest of the people who had been killed. My gaze then traveled out of the window. The bus weaved through cars on the busy roads and it was getting dark outside, and I was becoming more frightened with every passing minute.

Soon enough, we had finally arrived in the town centre. I didn't want to wait to get to the bus stop, so when the driver had stopped at a traffic light, I yelled down the bus, "Hey, is it alright if I get off here?"

"Yeah, course you can." Came the cheerful reply, as if he hadn't even realised the killings that had so fleetingly taken place throughout the journey.

I jumped off the bus and onto the pavement, slowly realising I had left my bag on the bus, but the bus had already driven away. I decided that when I got home, I'd find the number for the bus station and ask if my bag had been given in to lost and found.

LD Count
      England
      DJ Entries
      It's a shame I haven't had the chance to get the dreams I've been having down for the past few weeks! I've had a mixture of short lucids and quite a lot of nightmares! Hopefully, I can start recording properly again now, though.

Daybreak
      Sunday 17th May 2009

Myself and the rest of my geography class, and teacher, finished hiking up a precipitous mountain. We weren't at the very top, however, we were high above the clouds. It looked very beautiful, especially with the Sun pertruding from the clouds, its golden rays skimming their tops and lightening the sandy rock with a soft, yellow hue.

We jumped from a thin ledge of rock onto a bigger, more sturdy platform and I sat, my legs swinging from the side. I looked at the Sun, then across to my teacher who yelled across to everyone,

"Don't forget to brush your hair -It decreases blood pressure!"

The thin ledge we were on before seemed further away and so thin it was non-existent, and panicked, I slid, but I kept my grasp firmly on the rocks, begging my friend who stood nearby to help me up before I fell to my death. I could feel my body giving way to gravity and I would have fallen, if it not had been for my friend who dragged me up by the bag I had over my shoulder.
      Last edited by A Pierrot's Aria; 05-18-2009 at 09:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast