• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The Daily Dreamsign

Banned

The Daily Dreamsign

The Daily Dreamsign

It's very important to be aware and pay attention to things if you want to catch the oddities and dream signs in your dreams and have a DILD. Unfortunately for us, it's not as often as we'd wish that a dream character or element screams at us to pay attention, reality check, and become lucid.

I for one have been slacking so I am starting a new regime for myself, to build up awareness and prospective memory. This is important for honing your awareness as well as training your prospective memory for MILDs. This exercise has been done a few times before, but threads have gone stale and people tend to ignore that entire section of EWOLD.

So I am establishing a number of daily tasks. I will make them as absolutely random as possible, both for novelty as well as to capture the random nature of dreams. I will update this first post every day.

And I strongly encourage you to report in on your success, ask questions, times you noticed failure, or even to post a strict log of the times and details of your awareness. But besides collecting them here, make sure not to write anything down. This is a memory and awareness training exercise. Make sure, when you first read about the day's target, that you think about all of the places you ought to experience it and visualize yourself seeing them and reality checking! And don't forget to stabilize after you reality check!

As the collection of tasks grows, I will also update the 000 Daily Dreamsign 000 with the newer goals. For those who are more advanced and want to make the task harder, the zeros will allow you to randomly pick as many tasks as you want per day. Good luck and happy dreams
      Last edited by Shift; 06-26-2009 at 06:16 AM.
      Mariano and Flashdance like this.

Banned
      Today's task: Become aware every time you see or think of ZIPPERS. Reality check first and foremost.
      Make an effort to become very aware of your surroundings. Do at least three reality checks.
      Imagine you have just become lucid, and make sure to 'stabilize'.

ex-member
      <3
      Bollocks.

I'm not all here, myself Dream scientist's Avatar
      In a hideous dry spell
      <><

Hehe, fishy...

*slaps self* No! Reality check, damn you!
      Anyway, Ill try to post that prospective memory technique from EWOLD in general lucid discussion when I get the chance.

Zippers and sudden noises, today...

This begs what would happen if someone suddenly unzipped their zipper.
      |> .<|
      |> .<|
      .\></
      .|><|
      .|><|
      .|><|
      Last edited by Dream scientist; 06-27-2009 at 12:14 AM.
      Haven't had a lucid dream in 3 years, and I'm looking to get back into it.

Banned
      Today's task: Become aware every time you see or think of TOWELS! Hand towels, bath towels, dish towels, beach towels, paper towels! Reality check first and foremost. Make an effort to become very aware of your surroundings. Do at least three reality checks. Imagine you have just become lucid, and make sure to 'stabilize'.

Apologies for getting this out so late guys, I've been wrestling the internet in my hotel for like 12 hours straight For future reference, if I'm delayed in posting a dreamsign target either use an old one on this thread, or use the magic zeros to randomly pick one and use that, or make up your own!!! Good luck everybody
      Last edited by Shift; 06-27-2009 at 10:20 PM.

Ireland
      This is a great exercise!

I'm keeping to it.
      DILDs- 14 (January 1810)
      WILD- 9 - (December16 2009 20)

Banned
      Today's task: Become aware every time you see or think of BRICKS. Reality check first and foremost.
      Make an effort to become very aware of your surroundings. Do at least three reality checks.
      Imagine you have just become lucid, and make sure to stabilize!

Flying squirrels FTW!!! Snowy Egypt's Avatar
      The Anime World
      Oh good, we're starting this up again! I'm in!
      http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/1596/sleepingpikachu4.jpg
      This guy, , and this guy, , are mine. BACK OFF!

infrequent poster, DC Desert Claw's Avatar
      Brisbane, Australia
      DJ Entries
      oh wow, what happened to the zeros? are we starting again? sweet!

Boston, MA
      DJ Entries
      ooooh, i'd like to join, too.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      I'm in, but I have such a bad prospective memory

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by Conkt View Post
      I'm in, but I have such a bad prospective memory
      Well hey that's what this exercise is for

Wanna share a fun little daily dreamsign story. I'd forgotten how fun it was to do this and the weird coincidences that occur. We were driving on the highway and pulled off, and I looked at a bridge near us while I skimmed radio channels. It was made fully of concrete, but as I was thinking this I remembered that the daily dreamsign was bricks. Since I thought about bricks, I knew I should reality check, but just as this was happening Pink Floyd came on the radio, just the words "Another brick in the..." before it skipped to the next station! Oh, rcs....

Banned
      Today's task: Become aware every time you see or think of STREETLIGHTS. Reality check first and foremost.
      Imagine you have just become lucid, and make sure to stabilize!

LD Count
      Ohio, USA
      DJ Entries
      Streetlights? Hah! Don't have any of them around my house... Looks like I'm doing the magic 000 today.

As it was last time, we can make suggestions via PM, right?
      The Emperor Wears No Clothes: The book that everyone needs to read.
      "If the words "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."- Terence McKenna

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by Odd_Nonposter View Post
      Streetlights? Hah! Don't have any of them around my house... Looks like I'm doing the magic 000 today.
      Well there are always photos, videos, movies, commercials, going out and about around your town, remembering streetlights when you notice regular lights, and just randomly remembering that it's the target of the day, but yea if you really think you'll have trouble then you can pick one or even make one up

As it was last time, we can make suggestions via PM, right?
      Ehh... I suppose. I just don't want it turning out like last time (). I suppose if someone has a good idea, PM it to me. Please don't post it on the thread itself though or I'll just ask a staff member to delete the post. Any good ideas that I get via PM I will credit to the person who suggested it. (hopefully the bold font means other people will see it too )

Sounds cool. DILD's almost never work for me. I'm in.

Also, what is prospective memory? I've searched all over Dreamviews and haven't found a definition.
      [CENTER]DILD: 3
      WILD:3 (and very hard earned)
      [COLOR="Red"]Lucid dreaming goals: -live among zebras- test the uses of dream guides -

Boston, MA
      DJ Entries
      Looks like I'm doing the magic 000 today
      What is the magic 000?

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__

The Anime World
      Quote Originally Posted by CanceledCzech View Post
      What is the magic 000?
      Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
      As the collection of tasks grows, I will also update the 000 Daily Dreamsign 000 with the newer goals. For those who are more advanced and want to make the task harder, the zeros will allow you to randomly pick as many tasks as you want per day. Good luck and happy dreams

LD Count
      Tons
      Bay Area, California
      DJ Entries
      Prospective memory is your ability to remember to remember to do something. Or, to remember to do something in the future. For example, you tell yourself to buy milk next time you're at the store, or to bring your homework assignment to class tomorrow.

We do it all day, every day. Theoretically, you should be able to just remember to perform a RC next time you're dreaming.

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by Snowy Egypt View Post
      Yup, Snowy got it. I don't remember who it was the first called them 'the magic zeros', but I like the nickname for it

And RB is right about prospective memory. The wiki page has a bit more info that is still easily understood by the average reader.

Banned
      Today's task: Become aware every time you see or think of GLASSES. Eyeglasses, sunglasses, monocles, goggles, etc. Reality check first and foremost.

The Anime World
      DANGIT! If ONLY I had the time to read this thread this morning; I've been messing with my glasses all DAY!!!

Yea, I saw glasses multiple times today and didn't even remember...... I guess this will help me improve though.
      [CENTER]DILD: 3
      WILD:3 (and very hard earned)
      [COLOR="Red"]Lucid dreaming goals: -live among zebras- test the uses of dream guides -

Banned
      I also struggled a LOT with the glasses for some reason... will definitely have to have that one again!

Today's is gonna be kind of intense. The name itself is a bit confusing so this one has pictures to clarify. As you can see, we should all be very busy.

Today's task: Become aware every time you see or think of SCREW CAPS/CLOSURES. Reality check first and foremost.
      Spoiler for Images, if you don't know what I mean:
      Last edited by Shift; 07-01-2009 at 02:52 PM.

the wardrobe
      Thanks for this Shift. I am struggling to DILD at the moment so this will help a lot.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast