• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Mzzkc's Mind Games

The i's are invisible. Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Silver
      LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      Thought for sure I was in a FA.

Saturday Morning (Note)
      ★☆☆☆☆
      NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

"You're gonna want to not miss this."

Intrigued, I hurriedly donned my socks and entered my suite-mates' room. Inside was my ex-roommate and his girlfriend, positioned in front of the window. The sky was dark and murky and yet the sun found a way to shine through, providing just enough light to determine it was actually daytime. "Look out there, there are people boxing."

"Where?" I couldn't see anything from the angle I was at.

"Well, you're not gonna-- There you go." I had moved around them to see for myself that there were, indeed, two guys duking it out in the front lawn of one of the apartment buildings. Big red gloves and everything.

"Weird."

As I made my wait outside, heading toward the Commons to pick up a late breakfast, I noticed the field outside my dorm was crowded with a huge number of people. More than that, there were awnings set up along the side of the field. And half of them were in flag football gear. I RC. Nothin'.

Approaching the Commons I notice six squares of varying sized imprinted upon the concrete pillar in front of the entrance. Four on top, two on the bottom, all aligned to the left. Surrounding the squares were patches of wet concrete that defined their edges flawlessly.

I RC again. . . Still nothing.

Odd way to start a Saturday.
      Last edited by Mzzkc; 04-28-2010 at 05:29 AM.
      Raven Knight and Mario92 like this.

Dream Warrior Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points

Where the furry things rule
      DJ Entries
      I wonder why RCs sometimes don't work... I had a similar experience this morning. I woke in bed, came to the living room and found my mom lying on the couch asleep (not normal). I did a nose-pinch RC and couldn't breathe. I wondered if my mom was ok or maybe she was sick, my laptop had been on the couch... where was it? I did another RC, it still indicated I was awake. Then I actually woke up.
      Mzzkc likes this.
      "Anything you can imagine is real." - Pablo Picasso.
      "Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." - Henry David Thoreau

Tasks of the Year Completed: China (Asia)

Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Silver
      LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      I never woke up from that. I was actually awake the entire time.

LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      Assault (Non-lucid)
      ★★★★☆
      NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

Flitting down through the air, I weave between the surreal structures of the Central Tower. Halfway down, I watch as a fellow Special is sliced to pieces by the psychic tantrum 'Alpha' was throwing within the Complex. Instinctively, I knew the same was happening to Specials across the city. The kid has lost it. If something wasn't done soon, every Special in the city would be dead by sundown. . .

Far from the tower, I still felt the effects of Alpha's continually siege. What I should do about it remained in question. Without warning my vision began to violently flicker. Pulsating with bright purple static, my sight was fading as my head began pounding from the psychic pressure. I needed to find a safe-haven.

"Go to the Burger King." A deep powerful voice surrounded me as I hovered there. Yes, of course! I flew at full speed toward the Burger King I knew to be beyond the tree line, located on one of the bay's inlets. The pressure grew stronger and stronger as I traveled; if I didn't make it there soon, it would all be over.

As the Burger King came within view, the attack on my psyche subsided just as suddenly as it had begun. Relieved to be within the safety of the Pylon, I relaxed a bit, even though every other special out there had most likely been killed. "Now, assemble the monsters here into one container. If all of them are let loose within the city, Alpha will be forced to deal with them, without your help this time."

The disembodied voice is right. If I were to place all these docile Godzilla rejects scattered about the bay into a single holding area, I might be able to transport them into the middle of the city. Alpha's fit would then cause all the monsters to lose the mental blocks I put on them long ago. Their rampage should snap Alpha out of whatever the hell set him off, and hopefully he'll spend the rest of his energy stopping them.

I got to work, and in no time flat I had collected all the creatures in the bay into one huge container. Putin my arms against the box, I hear the voice again "Concentrate!" I activate Teleport, taking myself and the box to center of the city. Instantly, the monsters inside begin freaking out. They tear through the holding crate and begin destroying the city. Okay, now I need to get the hell out. Teleporting away, I feel the assault fade away. It's going to take awhile to clean this mess up. . .
      Last edited by Mzzkc; 05-15-2010 at 08:39 AM.

LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      All from one LD.

Outburst (DILD)
      ★★★☆☆
      NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I struggled fervently against the sheets that trapped me to my bed. Every slight movement was a struggle, and the possibility of being snapped back down to my mattress was all too real. A boost of strength would be necessary if I were going to push through this. A song I've only ever heard on Rockband starts playing, "Highway Star" by Deep Purple. With no time to be puzzled by the choice my subconscious made, I drew from the energetic guitar riffs and pushed my way out into the common room. My sheets broke away as I passed through the door. Without hesitation, I dashed toward the blind covered window and burst through it, shattering the glass and tearing through the blinds that bended like elastic around me. I flew off, following the asphalt hill behind my dorm.

For some reason, I felt tremendously powerful, and I had the urge to use that power in destructive ways. I picked up a nearby parked car with my bare hands and slammed it into a wooden fence. Not entirely satisfied, I chucked the car across the street, embedding it in an SUV. These acts of violence were only making me more antsy. MORE! I NEED MORE! A frenzied look on my face, I began to dart off, looking for new ways to exert this power. But before I can, rationality shines through and I stop myself and the still playing song. Regaining control of my emotions I play the song "Created" by Portugal. The Man to help center myself.

Release (DILD)
      ★★★☆☆
      NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

"Bankai!" Energy burst out around me as I shouted the word. It had been awhile, and boy did it feel good. But there was something new I had been meaning to try out. I reach my hand up to my face, fingers bent like a claw, and start to slowly tear away at the air. Sure enough, a Vizard mask begins to form about my face. Finishing the motion, the mask forms itself to my head, obscuring some of my vision.

BA-DUMP!

My heart throbs once, violently, for a brief moment. I convulse; my back doubles over. The dark powers the mask drew forth were enormous. Looking down, I saw black rings of energy coursing up my leg. It felt fucking awesome. I revelled in the moment as everything began to normalize and I became used to the state.

New Tech (DILD)
      ★★☆☆☆
      NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

Making up my mind, I decide to try my hand out at portal creation. I focus on my fingertips, bringing as much attention to them as I can muster. My digits begin pulsating as if they were storing a large amount of energy. Not surprisingly, the dream destabilizes. By quickly utilizing a combination of my own personal focus technique and the tactile sensation on my fingertips, I'm able to ground myself enough to keep the dream going.

Reaching my hands out, I pick the first target to come to mind: Raven Knight. I pull at the air in front me with surprising results. A tall, orange, door sized, holographic interface appears. I touch it, and a 3-Dimensional globe pops up along with some controls on either side. Erm, how do I work this thing? Magically, I'm forced into third person wherein I get to see my body (Vizard mask still on) go through a tutorial on how to work the transporter.

Pick a destination.

Code it in.

Step through the gate.

Wait for the destination to load.

Engage!

The world fluctuates around me before shifting into a new environment. I'm in a tropical, forested, slightly urban area, and everything is on fire. An orange hued glow fills the hot night air while once green trees and brush lie before me, charred and blackened by the flames. I take off to see what was going on, blade at the ready.
      Last edited by Mzzkc; 05-05-2010 at 05:58 AM.

LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      Serious Business (DILD)
      ★★★★★
      NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

CRASH!

I burst through the glass, quickly drawing my blade. Still arcing in the air to the grass below, I shout "Bankai!" releasing the true power of my sword. As I looked down on the lightsaber battle ensuing in my backyard, I see several friends caught up in the fray. Still falling, I bring my hand up to my face and tear down my Vizard mask, enjoying the rush of power. Landing skillfully on the grass, everyone notices my entrance. The clash of sabers ceases as I look up through my red and white mask. I pick a target.

Walking casually into the battle, I relieve someone of his fight, pushing him to the side. Taking a relaxed stance, my blade in one hand, the young 'Jedi' acting as my opponent stares back at me, terrified. He makes a cautious pass at my left side with his green lightsaber. Sneering behind my mask, I parry, flick his weapon away, and stab him in the shoulder, all in one motion. As he staggers backwards, it's easy to see how pissed he is. He charges at me, letting loose a guttural cry.

Still relaxed, I deflect each of his thrusts and slashes, but my complacency gets the better of me. The saber cuts through my side as I jump away, avoiding the brunt of what would have been a fatal blow.

FZZSHHEEWW!

A sharp pain shoots up my right arm as I finally take notice of the other 'Jedi' who have come to aid their comrade. Surrounded, a feeling of panic blossoms at my core. Sensing my moment of weakness, the group attacks as one. I do my best to defend myself, but a few blows end up getting through. I shout violently, emitting a wave of energy that pushes them all backwards. My fiery rage burns away any previous inhibition. "That's it. No more of this fucking kiddie shit."

In a flash, I cut down a 'Jedi' to my left, severing his body into 5 pieces instantaneously. Fear strikes the others as I stand there, bloodied blade in hand, 20 feet from where I was less than a second ago. Before the pieces of the man I just killed could hit the ground, they begin to run, but not fast enough. I speed from one victim to the next, dismembering and mutilating their bodies as I go. My speed and precision is unparalleled. And yet, despite my rampage, save the first, I leave them all alive. . . mostly.
      Last edited by Mzzkc; 05-17-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Mzzkc View Post
      In a flash, I cut down a "Jedi" to my left, severing his body into 5 pieces instantaneously. Fear strikes the others as I stand there, bloodied blade in hand, 20 feet from where I was less than a second ago. Before the pieces of the man I just killed could hit the ground, they begin to run, but not fast enough. I speed from one victim to the next, dismembering and mutilating their bodies as I go. My speed and precision is unparalleled. And yet, despite my rampage, save the first, I leave them all alive. . . mostly.
      Dismembered and still alive? I'd rather be dead!

Cool lucid!
      Mzzkc likes this.

LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      For some of them, I cut their ears off too. XD

LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      I would like to use this post to commemorate my 50th WILD!

Commence use of emoticons!

This perfectly conveys how I feel!

Not a bad run so far. Let's see if I can break 100 by the end of the year.

Oh, and I'd totally post it, but more than 4 entries in a week, really? That's just asking too much of me.

Last edited by Mzzkc; 05-06-2010 at 11:16 AM.
      Mario92 likes this.

LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      It's Weird How Things Tend to Work Out (Non-lucid)
      ★★★☆☆
      NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

"The hell?"

I gazed in confusion as a blue sedan proceeded to crash into the cars in my neighbor's driveway. Oddly, unlike the SUV and the compact, the sedan suffered no damage. What is going on? I thought to myself as the sleek blue car pulled out and positioned itself at the bottom of another neighbor's driveway where one car was parked. The maniac accelerated.

The ensuing crunching sounds reached me behind the front window of my house. And, to my horror, the still unscathed sedan was almost immediately set up in front of my driveway. Oh, as if I'm going to let that happen! I rush to the door only to hear that I was too late. My view shifted to the third person and panned outside. Each car in my driveway, including the precious Maxima, had been totaled in one fell swoop. I was distraught, befuddled, and enraged.

I have to make them pay.

The dream starts to fade. No not yet. With gusto, I summon a sword, but not in my usual way.

Probably not my best move.

Still upset, I awaken. But all is not lost! Focusing on the dream, I manage to slip back into it, sans lucidity.

Dashing across my driveway, I attempt to catch up with the car that's already speeding away. Somehow, I'm actually closing ground. Seeing this, the two garishly dressed occupants bail out and flee on foot. The chase takes us into a cricket field. Not wanting to disrupt the game, I wait for an opportune moment to dash across the field.

Then some weird crap happens, I get a Blastoise to join up with me, and I discover that the main perpetrators are Jesse, from the Pokemon Anime, and her. . . kid? Oh, and then a Rocket Grunt reclaims the Blastoise, which was apparently his, as the three of them make their getaway on a flying tower.

Yeeeaah. . .
      Last edited by Mzzkc; 05-08-2010 at 11:15 PM.

LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      Another successful WILD in which I fussed with the length of my sword half the time and the other half I spent wandering around calling out for someone that never showed up.

A bunch of non-lucids where I was able to flex my TK for the first time in a long time. I also made use of a variety of other powers. DCs may or may not have died.
      Last edited by Mzzkc; 05-11-2010 at 04:29 AM.

Banned
      Nowhere
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Mzzkc View Post
      DCs may or may not have died.
      I'm pretty sure there is a bare minimum for at least 1 DC to get hurt in some way in your dreams.

LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      Battle on The Moon (Non-lucid)
      ★★☆☆☆
      NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

A man I recognize as Q shows up to take me to the battle on the moon Raven said I could come help with. I am told we're going to need numbers, so I whip up a huge army to aid in the fight. Q transports all of us there and the fight begins immediately. I take the lead of my group (there were already many others fighting) by flying in with my Katana and skillfully slicing up a large demon.

Then my roommate's alarm goes off.

Oddly, I was still able to see and act within the dream even though I was awake. I'm pretty sure we ended up winning.
      Last edited by Mzzkc; 05-25-2010 at 03:41 AM.
      Mario92 likes this.

LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      Simple Pleasures (DILD)
      ★★★☆☆
      NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

Excusing myself from the table, I begin walking toward the soda fountain across the room. The reception hall is terribly crowded with people. I don't really feel like navigating around them all, so I decide to walk straight through. But it would prove rude of me to simply push people out of the way. Thus, I come to the conclusion that phasing through them is probably the best course of action.

Each time someone ran into me I Phase Shifted the part of my body making contact, letting them pass right through. It's cool how I can do that in dreams.

Oh yeah, I smile softly, this is a dream. By now I've reached the soda fountain, but there's a bit of a line. A container of stacked cups stands to my left. I reach out my hand and use my TK to flick the topmost cup off its stack and toward me. As it comes down, I go to grab it. I fumble around with it for a moment before wrapping both hands about the clear textured plastic. A sloppy catch is still a catch, I think, still smiling. Now what to do about this line?

I notice all the DCs were getting their drinks out of a single Pepsi dispenser in the middle of the fountain. Moreover, this dispenser was operated by slightly lifting on the tab holding back the refreshment. By lifting it, a small waterfall of brownish liquid would pour out. Kinda like a real fountain.

Feeling slightly devious, I reach out again with my TK, and lift the tab all the way up, drenching everyone within a two foot radius of the machine with cold soda. I position my cup under the ridiculous flow, filling it, but wetting my whole right side in the process. The feeling is remarkable. I marvel, for a moment, at how amazing our brains really are.
      Last edited by Mzzkc; 05-15-2010 at 08:33 AM.

LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      Friendly Fire is On (Non-lucid)
      ★★★☆☆
      NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

They surrounded us. Upwards of 40 low-life frat boys, all wearing the exact same grey shirt, sneered at me and my new-found HvZ friends. Well, this outing just got interesting. As they moved ever closer, our small group was soon split up. One of the punks pushed me backwards into his bro. The bro grabbed my arms, but I wasn't going down without a fight. Breaking free, I elbowed him in the gut, which made him stagger back and fall to the ground. It's a start.

Reaching down to my side, I drew my Katana in a quick motion and put it to use immediately. Two down, three down, four down. . . They dropped like flies as my skillful slashes tore through their numbers. My blade thrusted forward into the gut of one of them; I tore it out his side, before realizing my mistake. This was one of my new friends. Tossing my blade to the side, I catch him before he falls. "Fuck. . . Didn't mean to do that."

"Watch where you're swinging that thing," he sputters weakly. I put my hand to his wound.

"It's going to be okay," I assure him as a green light emits from my palm. Infusing the area with energy, I quickly heal the wound to the best of my abilities. "That should hold up for now, but take it easy for awhile." He nodded and walked off.

Turning my attention back to the frat-boys, verily pissed, they don't seem too phased by the incident. We'll just have to change that. Picking my sword up, I swiped at the nearest one, rending open his chest. The fact that all of them were unarmed didn't matter to me one bit. I'd kill them all the same. Turning, I bring my blade down across the left side of my victim's neck. As he died, he looked into my eyes, as if to ask 'Why?' It was another friendly.

"Goddammit! I haven't know any of you long enough to distinguish you in battle!" I stormed off, frustrated. Passing everyone on my way to the nearby woods, ignoring them into oblivion, the small golden colored dog from before--the one we had followed into this mess--yipped at me annoyingly. With a single flick of my Katana, I silenced it, cleanly severing its head from its body. The body stood there for a moment, as the bloodied head rolled out of sight, before slumping to the ground. I just kept walking.
      Last edited by Mzzkc; 05-15-2010 at 07:33 AM.
      Raven Knight likes this.

DJ Entries
      You killed a puppy... The dead people don't matter, just the puppy.

LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      I wasn't proud of that upon waking. =(

DJ Entries
      Damn, how'd you get weapons and powers in a non-lucid. That almost never happens to me.

I bet you carry a sword around with you while awake.

LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
      I bet you carry a sword around with you while awake.
      Nah, that'd be weird. I just whip it out of thin air. Quite literally.

LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      Helping Out: It's What I Do (DILD)
      ★★★☆☆
      NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

Flying toward my house, I spot Champion Cynthia, hovering over my court on a magic carpet. In the court itself are a myriad of Pokemon. High in the air I spotted a Lugia, Ho-oh, Flygon, and some others. The ones on the ground were less distinct, as were the ones at a slightly lower altitude. For some reason, I got the impression that I needed to help exterminate all of them.

With a joyful glint in my eye, I shoot across the sky, spawning a variety of sharp metallic weaponry in my curled hands. As I pass Ho-oh, I release a volley of kunai and throwing stars into it. Its body evaporates into nothingness. Still darting overhead, I quickly spawn a new set of weapons in my hands. Just as soon as they form, I launch them into Lugia and the Flygon, ending their existence in much the same fashion.

Still thinking I'm helping, I fly down to the other Pokemon floating in the air. Putting my hands behind me, I pull from DBZ archetypes and create two small energy balls in my hands. I toss the one in my left hand at a nearby Pokemon, causing it to explode in a bright flash of yellow light. I throw the other at two a ways below me. The blast spirals slowly on its way to its target, but that's not good enough for me. I swing my arms in front of me and shout, releasing a wave of invisible energy that propels the ball forward at ten times the speed. Even so, the Pokemon dodge my attack. Unfortunately for them, they were unable to avoid the gigantic explosion as the blast hit the ground below, taking out half the court.

Despite the devastation, a few Pokemon remain alive. I speedily charge up a powerful Kamehameha and fire it off, vaporizing those Pokemon directly in its path. The resultant blast of energy as the Wave hit the ground wiped out any that survived the initial burst. My job was done.
      Last edited by Mzzkc; 05-20-2010 at 05:00 AM.

LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      Had a very long LD last night. Like, ridiculously long. It felt like I was doing stuff for hours on end, but I have no clock in my room at home, so there's no way to tell how long it really was.

Some highlights include:

• Getting acquainted with a DC who could supposedly paint the future.
      • Having her paint, but speeding up time so it was done faster.
      • Turning her painting into a reality by recreating the dream scene around it.
      • Playing around on a grassy hill right on the edge of a cliff which I rolled off of and dove into the water over 200 feet below.
      • Flying about the same area as it turned to night.
      • Showing off to the DCs at a festival (this is where a good portion of time went).
      • Transporting to a new area using a kind of portal, and taking along the painter.
      • Getting attacked by a bunch of Knights.
      • Not taking the fight seriously (i.e. not drawing a blade) and getting cut up a little bit.
      • Running away to get the woman to safety before taking to the air, summoning up a storm, hitting them all with lightning, and then using a variety of elemental attacks in combination to kill all of them at once.
      • Hanging out at something that was like an aquarium, but more deadly.
      • Trying to portal my way to Raven, but ending up in a dark empty house with a computer on where someone was recently viewing DV.
      • There was also a Skype convo going on.
      • And some personal stuff.

I might journal up portions of the dream later on.
      Last edited by Mzzkc; 05-23-2010 at 04:33 AM.
      Raven Knight likes this.

The Phoenix Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Wow, sounds like you had a ton of fun. I wish I could get that good again!
      Mzzkc likes this.
      Goals: Recall (1 per night) [], Shared Dreams (again) [], Steal a Penguin Egg (from the South Pole) and hatch it []

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."
      Edgar Allan Poe

Dream as if your life depended on it, because reality is... dreams are reality! ~Me

LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      A small sampling of the dream bulleted above.

Green Grass, High Tides, and Tall Drops (DILD)
      ★★★★☆
      NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

Looking down at her finished painting, I smiled at the stick figures it had taken her five Fast Forwards to complete. It was a rough depiction of a hilled cliff-side, and each person in the piece was crudely labeled. Well, let's see what I can do. I grab her hand.

"Hold on tight."

I Teleport.

The world around us spins as it fades almost instantaneous into blackness. Remembering the painting of the supposed future, I reach my other hand down into the void and feel the cool dew-covered grass that was going to be beneath us momentarily. Sure enough, we reach our destination.

Vivid blue skies with their whiter than white clouds lined the green-hilled cliff-side. In the distance, deep-blue shining oceans met the lighter colored skyline. The beauty of this place was both surprising and awe-inspiring. A little ways below us were a few of the characters from the painting, lounging on the edge of the cliff. I let go of the painter's hand, and she immediately took off.

Wanting to really bring the picture to life, I started rolling down the hill. Spinning, spinning, ever faster, alternating blue skyline and green grass--oh the wonder of it all. And then I ran out of ground.

Shit.

As it was, my current trajectory would land me face first into some rocks protruding from the cliff-face about a hundred feet down. Not fun. Turning mid-fall, I powerfully kick off from the side of the cliff, netting me just enough distance to have nothing but air between me and the water 300 feet below. Tumbling downward, I couldn't help but think, Hitting the water at this height will be like hitting concrete.

Thanks rationality, you're a real life-saver.

Not wanting to take the easy route out and fly away, I let myself drop, picking up speed every second. Almost at the water, I brought my feet below me, pointed my toes downward, and crossed my arms in front of my chest. Below, several groups of people were already in the ocean, enjoying the relatively calm waters. Almost there. . .

SPLOOSH!

The sensation as my feet broke the surface and my body shot down into the refreshingly brisk water was beyond words. A blue universe surrounded me, and I didn't have a care in the world. Floating there, weightless, pumping cold liquid though my lungs, I relished the experience. I didn't want to wake up.

So, I didn't. . .

Not for awhile anyways. >.>
      Last edited by Mzzkc; 05-29-2010 at 06:39 AM.

LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      Something completely different.

Still Holding On (Non-lucid)
      ★★★☆☆
      NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

Placing the last bit of childhood memorabilia on the metal shelf, my assignment complete, I walked away fearing the worst. If the rumors were true, then the very essence of my childhood would soon be set ablaze by my platoon's sergeant. As the last of us finished up neatly arranging their most cherished possessions, the sergeant pulled out his flask of whiskey and began drenching the rows of precious memories with alcohol. When it ran out, he whipped out a lighter, lit it, and dropped it onto a nearby rack. A hot inferno shot up viciously and began to spread, consuming everything in its path.

My fellow soldiers passively watched the blaze, but I wasn't going to have it. "Those Pokemon cards are worth money gorrammit!" With that, a commotion ensued. Unfortunately, I couldn't get to my cards through the throng of moving people and the fire, so I did the next best thing: pull them to me with TK. Reaching out my hand, I focused on the boxes of cards, trying to bring them to me. But it isn't until someone knocked into the shelf that I was able to free them from the fire, unscathed, using only the power of my mind.

"Private! What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

"Saving money!" I shouted back, disrespectfully.

I ran off as everyone left the large, curved, window-lined, modern building. I'll show them. I'll meet them at the rendezvous point whether they like it or not.

Exiting from the entrance, my view split off and I saw everyone else had already left in a small yacht. I took to to the air. My flight controls were slightly awkward, but I couldn't help thinking how impressed everyone would be once they saw I could fly.

Making my way to the cylindrical tech station in the middle of the lake, I flexed my flight skills, showing off to no one in particular. When I did eventually reach the station, the sergeant proved speechless when confronted with my newfound abilities. Unfortunately, I screw it all up when I get too close to the water, hit it, and am unable to get back out.
      Last edited by Mzzkc; 05-29-2010 at 06:39 AM.

LD Count
      l҉ots
      DJ Entries
      Part of an early lucid. The dream as a whole was fairly uninteresting, but this piece has stuck with me since I experienced it. Enjoy.

BONUS ENTRY OF DOOM!

They Paved Paradise (DILD)
      ★★★☆☆
      NON-DREAM DREAM LUCID

I struggled. Each time I lifted my arms up to find a new handhold in the snow-covered cliff-face challenged my fortitude. My breath shot visibly from my lungs into the chilly night air. Determined to complete my objective, I pressed onward. Soon enough, I pulled myself up onto the ledge overlooking the forested valley below me. Taking a moment to study my surroundings, I turned my head to the left. What I laid my eyes upon will stay with me for the rest of my life. Before me, amidst all this seemingly natural beauty, was a parking lot.

And yet, the presence of the parking lot was not what caught my interest. You see, the detail overwhelmed me. The lot stretched out into the distance towards an indeterminable end, the light from the streetlights played perfectly on the dancing snow as it fell, and I could actually make out every distinct texture and color along the hard black asphalt. The amazing part? Everything I just described existed solely as a creation of my mind. I was dreaming.
      Last edited by Mzzkc; 06-04-2010 at 08:11 AM.
      Mario92 and Raven Knight like this.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast