• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Isochronic tones: the future of binaurals

Do you think the Deep meditation one can be used for LDs?
      "do what you wish"

Montana
      I got the iso tones on my ipod and woke at 2AM two nights and listened to the "tunes". I found them a bit irritating and did not have any particular lucid/obe response to them. I did not relax any faster or deeper that I can tell so far. I will try them a few more nights and see. Two nights is a bit of a short test.
      I realize my response is only my personal experience and others may get a lot out of these tunes. I will be interested to hear others responses.
      Sam

Follow your heart
      BlessU
      Sam

Member Achievements:
      Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      The Astral Realm
      DJ Entries
      Does someone know where can I download one of these? I can't create my own cuz I use Linux Ubuntu and the software wont work!

A mp3 would be great so I can add it in my I-pod.
      Click the door... and welcome to my dream world!

Lucid Dreaming: Natural - Lucid Dreamer since I was a kid.
      Astral Projection ~ Farthest reached: The Pleiades Star System.

Official Dreamviews Toty 7 Lucid Tasks Challenges

LD Count
      Montreal
      Quote Originally Posted by PercyLucid View Post
      Does someone know where can I download one of these? I can't create my own cuz I use Linux Ubuntu and the software wont work!

A mp3 would be great so I can add it in my I-pod.
      iso-tones.com

I wish there was one for dream recall... Maybe ill email the admin

This is a Dream. Do a Reality Check.

LD Count
      Oklahoma City
      Ok. I only used these one night, but I think I had some crazy effects.

I was only slightly more tired from the previous night, and I did something that might have clouded my mind.
      But I tried the tones out anyway. I just recently thumbed through my copy of Mastering Astral Projection and noticed that there was an excerpt that said something similar about the sounds.

I wasn't trying to skip ahead, but I wondered.

Anyway, I did the sleep 20 minute tone, and the lucid dreaming 30 minute tone. I got up to get water between the two.
      I slept what felt to be unusually deep, but I woke up much earlier. I just grabbed some water (And flicked the light on for half a second), but went right back to bed.
      I didn't have a lucid dream, but at one point I noticed that when I closed my eyes, everything seemed to get really bright and white. Nothing happened, but it did make me wonder.
      Then after that I opened my eyes and there was a bunch of haze in my eyes.

Don't know if that means much, but I'm going to try three (Meditation, Sleep, Lucid Dreaming) tonight. Thanks for the information folks.

How are you trying three, WanderingMind?
      "do what you wish"

LD Count
      Oklahoma City
      Quote Originally Posted by A dreamer168 View Post
      How are you trying three, WanderingMind?
      (I didn't have time last night, but now I'm doing two every night at the very least).

Basically my plan was to sit and meditate for 30 minutes with the deep meditation tone. Then I was going to get in bed and listen to the 20 minute sleep tape. After that, I listen to the lucid dreaming tape.

No major results yet. That white felt a little brighter last night, and I did recall a few things in my dream. I'm debating whether I should listen to the meditation tone before I go to Muay Thai today or not. I might.
      Last edited by WanderingMind; 04-28-2010 at 10:47 PM.

LD Count
      Oklahoma City
      I keep failing at it. lol
      I just do my two every night. No martial arts today, so I should have time to do the deep meditation.

I feel I am recalling dreams better than normal. Some crazy details are popping out (Like today I had some weird zombie fight game dream where it felt like I was in it, but it was on wii too. I had a bat in one hand and a gun in another. I did some weird move to go from one hand to two hands with the bat, and I started bashing zombie skull. Or maybe it was living human skulls. I'm not quite sure. lol)

Scotland, UK
      DJ Entries
      Well I had a bash at using some tones downloaded from iso-tones last night. I tried the float tone which was pretty bizarre and also the magic tone which was outstandingly trippy. I would definitely be of the opinion that they do something and are worth a bit more experimentation on my part.

At one point while listening I realised that I had involuntary rapid eye movement while awake, which freaked me out somewhat. My other half is a doctor and seems pretty interested in testing them with me to see what kind of effects they have. He's always the rational, sciencey one so we're going to keep experimenting

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      I'm not sure about the tones inducing lucid dreams yet, but I had a nagging headache today (forgot to take my allergy medicine) and listening to "Headache Relief - Relaxed" from iso-tones.com with headphones on definitely gave me some relief. I've tried other "headache relief" music/sounds/tones and never had any results that were worthwhile. I'm going to try some on a relative who has chronic migraines and see if they offer her some relief. I'm listening to the regular Lucidity tone right now, and I'm going to try the Lucid Spike tone as I fall asleep in a little while. This is in addition to all of the other stuff I'm doing, so even if I have a lucid tonight, I don't know if I can give the tones 100% of the credit. I'll report back tomorrow.

Incidentally, some of these tones actually sound a LOT like the sounds I hear when I'm experiencing the onset of sleep paralysis. Especially the first Lucid Dreaming one. It's eerie.

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Reporting back:
      No lucid dreams from the tones. Used "Sleep", "Lucid Dreaming", and "Lucid Spike". My dreams were particularly vivid, and I recalled 4 as opposed to my usual 2-3, but that doesn't mean that the tones did that either, as my dream recall has improved a lot over the past 2 weeks or so. I had one not-quite-lucid, my second-to-last dream of the morning, but by then the tones were finished, so I can't really attribute that one to the tones.

"Sleep" was pretty soothing, though, and helped me get to sleep last night.

I found this thread interesting since I own my own home recording studio. I have made the Isochronic tones before. Most people I've used them with find the raw tones hard to listen to, so putting in some music can help. What people forget is that you can also find ways to make music at similar frequencies to maximize the effects. If you aren't open minded or simply think the raw tones or binuaral beats are annoying, they probably wont work for you because your mind has created a barrier. Peole use this for all kinds of reasons like meditation, Lucid dreaming, Dream recall, OBE's, Subliminal messages ect. Over the summer, I have some free time and was thinking about creating some different types of Isochronic tones. If I do, I will post a link on here to them and you can try them and see if you like them. I believe this concept, (really hemi-sync) has awesome potential not only for our uses, but also many more potential uses such as medicinal and general well being.

I ntoiced some people were curious about the frequencies. Here is some info that shows some common things,

Frequency range Name Usually associated with:

> 40 Hz Gamma waves - Higher mental activity, including perception, problem solving, fear, and consciousness

13–40 Hz Beta waves - Active, busy or anxious thinking and active concentration, arousal, cognition

7–13 Hz Alpha waves - Relaxation (while awake), pre-sleep and pre-wake drowsiness

4–7 Hz - Theta waves - Dreams, deep meditation, REM sleep

< 4 Hz Delta waves - Deep dreamless sleep, loss of body awareness

LD Count
      Oklahoma City
      I've just been playing around with the playlists a bit.

I noticed that today when I took a nap, I had a decent dream (Short nap of 30 minutes), and my SP was a bit different than normal. I listened to the subliminal lucid and recall for just a few minutes before while looking at a few pictures of my girlfriend. Isochronics make up most of my playlists though, and I listened to about three last night.

Usually when I go through SP, it feels like my blanket suddenly gets heavier, and it feels like someone is holding me sometimes. Today I felt these waves travel through my body. Like my bed was shaking in an earthquake.
      Another thing I noticed is that this all happened while sleeping on the right side of my body, and I almost never have any REM unless I sleep on the left. Not that it's major progress, but it's something in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingMind View Post
      Usually when I go through SP, it feels like my blanket suddenly gets heavier, and it feels like someone is holding me sometimes. Today I felt these waves travel through my body. Like my bed was shaking in an earthquake.
      Another thing I noticed is that this all happened while sleeping on the right side of my body, and I almost never have any REM unless I sleep on the left. Not that it's major progress, but it's something in my book.

This is what I feel when I have an OBE or what other may call a WILD. Regardless of what I or others believe it is, it certainly is something and worth logging in any book. It will be interesting to see if you have it again and can see it through to see where it takes you. Very Cool!

Australia
      Trying this tonight, hopefully will have my first WILD with assistance, thanks for posting

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”

Things to do in dream:
      Be back inside the womb[], Fly (on purpose) [], Be Jesus [], Meet the Buddha [], Public Nudity [], Go back in time []

LD Count
      Portugal
      Well I already know this tones and sometimes I use them in WILD attempts. Surprisingly it works extremely well (1/2 success rate). I sincerely don't believe in the theory beyond the tones as I don't believe about the theory of the binaural ones. I think I have so much success with these tones because they are extremely repetitive what makes them a perfect anchor for WILD. I normally use are Mind Trap (perfect), Lucid dreaming and void.
      Last edited by Illusi0n; 06-08-2010 at 01:19 PM.
      since June 08 DILD:53| WILD:55

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV

LD Count
      about 18
      Philadelphia suburbs.
      DJ Entries
      don't know if this was linked on this site anywhere, didn't see it in this thread: http://www.iso-tones.com/tones.html

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV

LD Count
      about 18
      Philadelphia suburbs.
      DJ Entries
      the Lucid spike file is awesome! It give you time to re relax after waking for wbtb like 20-25 min of silence then slowly builds in.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      about 18
      Philadelphia suburbs.
      DJ Entries
      He he looks like it was linked already... :

LD Count
      Oklahoma City
      I've been using the heck out of isochronics as well as binaurals. I've had great success with sleep, and of course am going up in lucid dreams. I hope to try again tonight with lucid spike.

Okay. So I followed the tutorial step for step except I switched the 'Length' from .05 to 1/10 like you said (1/desired frequency x2). So will it work? I have it in MP3 and it's 18 minutes long.

Miss Sixy <span class='glow_FFFFFF'>Maria92</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Mortal Mist
      Seiren
      DJ Entries
      That should just about do it. Mind, though, that what you have created is a single tone at the theta state. A more effective method of brain wave entrainment would be to split it up into several "steps" that begin at normal resting position (usually about 15 hertz) and gradually work down to 5 hertz.

Click the sig for my Dream Journal
      444 Dreams Recalled
      13 Lucid Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Mario92 View Post
      That should just about do it. Mind, though, that what you have created is a single tone at the theta state. A more effective method of brain wave entrainment would be to split it up into several "steps" that begin at normal resting position (usually about 15 hertz) and gradually work down to 5 hertz.
      Alright! Thanks! Well, I'm going to skip using mine tonight because I have some premade ones I got that I'll try. I'll play 'Lucid' before I goto bed, and do WBTB and play 'Lucid Spike'.

Thanks again!

LD Count
      10+
      San Francisco
      I researched binaurals a few years ago and never once came across any double blind or convincing studies that proved the brain waves entrain to the binaurals. I haven't searched for isochronic studies but I suspect it will be hard to find those too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast