• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      USA

Lucid Task for the month of February 2005

Introduction:
      This came about as the result of a discussion in chat. Every month, I'll post a task for everyone that is interested to try to accomplish while lucid dreaming. Report back in this thread, even if you didn't successfully accomplish the task, your efforts should make interesting reading!

Whoever completes the task gets a custom title until the end of the month. (Note, if you are staff, I cannot give you a custom title, it would override your staff title)

Those that complete the task have the right to add this GIF to their signatures when this month has ended.

Task for this month:

Stand on your head

PS. I've been told that these tasks are too easy. The task for March will be harder, I promise.
      you must be the change you wish to see in the world...
      -gandhi

DJ Entries
      Woohoo...I SO nailed this one:

Originally posted by Lucidnina
      Basically I just did a hand stand...I stayed up for a few seconds...then fell over (felt EXACTLY like doing a hand stand in real life). Then I remembered that the task was supposed to be to stand on your HEAD...so I did another hand stand and I had one of my dream characters nearby hold my legs in the air so I wouldn't fall over, I then bent my arms to the point where I was doing a head stand. Then my dream character let go, I stayed there for a few seconds, then fell over. It really felt exactly as it would in real life...I know b/c I've done plenty of head stands just not for a few years. It didn't interfere with my lucidity at all. Afterwards I think I flew around and found other things to do. I need more tasks!!

Ooh, I'm definately going to dive this one a go,hopefully my dry patch will end before the end of the month.

i might give it a try infact ill do it if i get LD and sont wake up 5 sec later

Accomplished...

I did a head stand and after a sec. I just floated up for some reason.
      *Falls Asleep*

Wha...

*Fall's back to sleep*

Around the bend
      Yep, I did a handstand last night

My dream was real wierd though, during the handstand a comic mosquito appeared and red text came out it's face saying 'Shhhh'
      I then stood up and the dream began to disappear and I woke :/
      Tips For Newbies | What to do in an LD

Unless otherwise stated, views expressed in this post are not necessarily representative of the official Dream Views stance. Hell, it's probably not even representative of me.

Canada
      I did it the night after hearing about it on YIM because the site was down. I did it about three times, looking at moving cars upside down. I lost lucidity on the third time. Funny story, I was trying to fly and would end up landing on my head, thinking my subconscious was messing with me. About mid-day after it, I realized that my subconscious helped me complete the task.

Undisclosed location

Now that's using your head.

Does floating upsidedown for about three seconds count?
      As I was floating I recalled the Task.
      I don't know why but instead of trying a regular hand stand, since I was already floating I foated upside down. I actually lost my equlibrium?!? I never thought about even having that in my lucid. I suppose had I chose not to I would not have. Just another preconcieved outcome.
      Anyway I awoke then.

Undisclosed location
      Originally posted by lucidnina+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lucidnina)</div>
      Woohoo...I SO nailed this one:

<!--QuoteBegin-Lucidnina
      Basically I just did a hand stand...I stayed up for a few seconds...then fell over (felt EXACTLY like doing a hand stand in real life). Then I remembered that the task was supposed to be to stand on your HEAD...so I did another hand stand and I had one of my dream characters nearby hold my legs in the air so I wouldn't fall over, I then bent my arms to the point where I was doing a head stand. Then my dream character let go, I stayed there for a few seconds, then fell over. It really felt exactly as it would in real life...I know b/c I've done plenty of head stands just not for a few years. It didn't interfere with my lucidity at all. Afterwards I think I flew around and found other things to do. I need more tasks!! *
      [/b]
      I need more tasks! You suck>
      Try dream sharing.

God, I'm really having trouble with this one.

By the way, whats up with the tables arround members avatars in this topic? Not a big problem, they'rejust too wide in this one for some reason.

EDIT: Ah the medal for the task is skrewing up the tables, no biggie. Though it might be worth shrinking it a bit.

He will have his revenge Aphius's Avatar
      Halloween Town
      Originally posted by Alex D
      EDIT: Ah the medal for the task is skrewing up the tables, no biggie. Though it might be worth shrinking it a bit.
      Yeah, the one I made before was 144x27 pixels, which I made to fit snugly in the space where the stars should go, but this one is 178x33 pixels which is too big.

EDIT: Did I give you the smaller version? I cant remember if I did or not.
      These are the tears that I dream about...

DJ Entries
      Badges? I don't need no stinkin badges...

Nah, I completed the task but I don't need to put it in my avatar just so everyone can see how special I am. Frankly, I don't like the idea of giving people medals. Not to mention the fact that people can be lying just to get a badge and look special...but that's just me.

Around the bend
      You're just bitter because you can't have one

Unless otherwise stated, views expressed in this post are not necessarily representative of the official Dream Views stance. Hell, it's probably not even representative of me.

DJ Entries
      Um yeah that's it.

I COULD do the thing like you did and sneak it into my avatar. No, honestly though I just think they are kinda unnecessary and I don't like the huge spaces they create around the peoples' names...just seems like clutter to me.

おやすみなさい。 Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV
      Outside of reality looking in...
      I'm always tempted to say I did when I didn't -- but the badge isn't that all-consuming for me, and I don't really want to lie.

Yay honesty!
      Now permanently residing at [The] Danny Phantom Online [Community], under the name Mabaroshiwoou.

Adopted OvErEchO, ndpendentlyhappy
      Raised ShiningShadow

Around the bend
      I've been completely honest about everything on the site, but I guess it can be tempting to cheat :

Halloween Town
      Originally posted by lucidnina
      I just think they are kinda unnecessary and I don't like the huge spaces they create around the peoples' names...just seems like clutter to me.
      I don't know if you've seen the previous badge, but the last one fit perfectly in the space where the stars should have gone.

This was the size I made to fit exactly;

However, the large one was used instead.

last night all the dream characters kept talking and talking. So i did your little challenge out of boredom. (very bad at headstands in regular life) it took me a few tries, but i got it. After another ten minutes, someone asked me what i was doing. Then i left the room. There out of sheer boredom, i tried to get my DG to come and talk, i did.
      This stuff just gets easier with time.
      Why is it that when i am holding all of the cards, everyone else decided to play chess?
      adopted by Rakkantekimusouka

I'm sorry, but I like the idea of the badges, makes it a lil more fun to accomplish the task. After reading this thread, I would really like to try and accomplish it, although it maybe easy for some, I think it will probably will be difficult for me and upon achieving it, if i do, I would like the badge to show everyone that I accomplished it. and if people do lie about it, well screw them, they know they really didn't do it, and sucks to be them...
      "You will cease to exist!!"

*GASP* "But existing is all I practically do!!!"

Halloween Town
      Originally posted by MonkeyElk
      if people do lie about it, well screw them, they know they really didn't do it, and sucks to be them...
      Exactly, who cares if some badge whore says that they did it and really didn't. It makes no difference to us in the long-run.

USA
      I'll upload the smaller badge this weekend. Not had a chance yet.
      -gandhi

Halloween Town
      The worst part is that it messes up my little setup in my location, its gone all screw wiff.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      Slidell, LA
      DJ Entries
      Does it count if you can't remember it? Because technically I guess I have been dreaming my whole life but I don't always remember my dreams (still working on that). I think the odds are probably good that I did a hand stand in one of those forgotten dreams. I'm just kidding though. Although I think I may be making some headway with the WILD method. I'll keep honing my skills with that method and hopefully I will be on my way to exploring my subconscious.

USA
      Better now?

Just wait for next month! Hehe! I bet NONE of YOU can do it!
      -gandhi

Wooohoo, I did it!! This morning I woke up after only 3hrs of sleeping and drank last night so I had taken a b-6 to help elimnate the alcohol in my bloodstream, it works, no hangovers, but also had some crazy lucids this morning, and out of nowhere I had remembered about the task, and I did a crazy headstand, it took me a while to get my legs to kick up over my head (can never do it in real life) but the lack of gravity definately gave me the advantage.
      "You will cease to exist!!"

*GASP* "But existing is all I practically do!!!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast