• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Things To Run Away From Really Fast!

DJ Entries
      I'm sorry I'm slow at subscribing! Caught up on the last few dreams, you've got some interesting ones!!
      Samael likes this.

Adversary Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Walms
      lol mutant penguins ninja? That would have been cool.
      Mutant Ninja Penguins, that's all I need. Apparently there's a song by a band called Satan's Penguins called "Mutant Ninja Penguins (From Hell). Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel
      Hah, believe me, I know the feeling. The only difference is that my evil penguins appeared to also be robotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity
      I'm sorry I'm slow at subscribing! Caught up on the last few dreams, you've got some interesting ones!!
      Hey, thanks for reading. I haven't actually caught up with the beginnings of everyone's journals. Some of them are very long, you know.

Do subscribers show up on a list somewhere? I'm just curious.

-----------------

Spoilers for the end of Lucifer.

Things to Run Away From Really Fast #62: Stray Little Devils

Fragment: Misha Collins and I walk through a grassy field, looking for a shed or a house that contains something important.

Fragment: My own dark energies are overshadowed by the presence of bright blue.

I've somehow popped into the Sandman universe, after the end of the Lucifer series. Considering I'm the devil herself at the moment, albeit one from an alternate reality, I think it prudent to avoid people who might recognize me.

A group of the ex-Lucifer's allies are converging upon a town, ready to attack, for some reason. I have an image of him (from my avatar) crashing into one of the buildings with a semi-truck, stepping out unharmed. I realize that I'm going to have to hide my healing ability.

I make for the rooftops. I run up a ramp and leap onto the side of a three-story building, using tiny handholds to inch my way onto the roof. I get to the edge, and I pull myself up, and immediately scramble for cover at the back of the roof. Mazikeen jumps up the same way I came, armed with a sniper rifle and ready to take out enemies on the ground.

I notice that she's recovered the other half of her face.

I inch out of my hiding place to get a better look at her, and she turns around. "Lucifer?" she accuses, calling fire into the palm of her right hand.

"Um, no?" I say, "Not yours, anyway."

She doesn't seem to believe me, and being burned alive is never fun.

"'He flew outside of creation, and the nothing imposed itself upon him. Or maybe he imposed himself upon the nothing.'" I misquote, "It was something like that, anyway."

Yeah, that fireball doesn't seem to be dying down.

"I'm here to help! Really!"

"You're here to help?" She says mockingly, "What can you do?"

Some time later...

I'm a child in white, laid out over an altar. A man holds a knife out in front of him, poised to strike into my heart. Like lightening, I stand up and take the knife, slashing across his throat and spraying arterial blood into the audience. A woman licks her lips, and I wonder what it tastes like to her.

One sacrifice down.

Stray Little Devils. Scare Factor: 2.
      Last edited by Samael; 05-23-2010 at 07:50 PM.
      Serenity likes this.

I pick up a half-eaten copy of a book by Neil Gaiman, and decide this is all his fault.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      México
      DJ Entries
      Ah, you should have taught her what you can do! Also, sorry, I keep forgetting about visiting you at the right times <.<
      Samael likes this.

DJ Entries
      Having read your dreams for awhile now...you have really crazy dreams and excellent recall. I'd like to see what you come up with while lucid. How do you get all these powers and characters in your dreams? I am wondering what you do during the day. Read a lot of comic books or something and the material works in way into your dreams or what?
      Samael likes this.

Adversary Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Walms
      Ah, you should have taught her what you can do! Also, sorry, I keep forgetting about visiting you at the right times <.<
      No worries. Anyway, I was trying to make nice with my Lucifer's allies. Probably would have been more fun to fight her, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem
      Having read your dreams for awhile now...you have really crazy dreams and excellent recall. I'd like to see what you come up with while lucid. How do you get all these powers and characters in your dreams? I am wondering what you do during the day. Read a lot of comic books or something and the material works in way into your dreams or what?
      Yeah, I read a lot. Fantasy and sci-fi, mostly. I'm also a wannabe fiction writer, and I work in construction. When floor joists start floating around in the background, that's to blame. Characters tend to be a mix of fictional and original fictional characters, with some random DCs thrown in for plot convenience.

Powers aren't really acquired, right? If you spend enough time thinking about what telekinesis would be like, IRL, chances are you'll be able to do it in dreams. I end up staring at pencils on my desk occasionally, half expecting them to up and fly away. Which, by the way, flying is something I'd like to be able to do eventually.

-----

Had this all neatly typed up before my computer crashed.

Things to Run Away From Really Fast #63: College

I need to get into the Ixburg Apartments. I pull out the screen from a window on the second floor. Before I climb in, I'm distracted by a group of people in the parking lot. I recognize the character from Bum Reviews, but he runs away as soon as he sees me.

I'm Marty McFly, in a mall, talking to Lorraine, his mom. I'm either in the future or the past, and I consider the fact that my chequing accounts shouldn't be working nearly as well as they are.

I'm in dorms in a school. I have a top bunk. There's a ventillation shaft leading from above my bed to the library, and I take it there and back a few times in the middle of the night. Someone catches me once, and I look back and see that the tunnel I crawled through was too small to fit a person.

I wander through the library during the day. I pick up a book and am amused to note that they cited Encyclopedia Dramatica as a reference (I can read in dreams).

Apparently I've transferred to ACAD in Calgary. I'm mad that I've been put down as a first year, and I realize that I have to do the paperwork to transfer all of my credits from my other school.

I talk to a guy in the dorms. He introduces himself as Josh or Joshua, and I mention that one of the DV members is named Josh/Joshua. He says that he's actually Loaf (he pronounces it "loof"), isn't that a weird coincidence? Then I run into Serenity and MoSH, as well as another girl I don't recognize.

Now I'm staying with roommates away from campus, and I have to find the Student Services table so I can change my courses around.

I'm following a story about two men who were intrepid adventurers in the wilds of Saskatchewan. I float down a cliff, following the story (the DCs can't see me). I realize that I'm dreaming, and I also notice that I'm barefoot. I think that the easiest way to get around that would be to shapeshift into one of the dogs, and I could follow the story better. I trot along the side of the river, trying to catch up to the group, but I notice that the setting is fading into white, and I feel myself starting to wake up.

College. Scare Factor: 2.
      Serenity likes this.

I pick up a half-eaten copy of a book by Neil Gaiman, and decide this is all his fault.

DJ Entries
      Woohoo! I'm in yet another person's dreams!

Actually, I live in Calgary, too I graduated from SAIT (which you probably already know is right next door to ACAD).
      Samael likes this.

Adversary Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      I remember you saying you were from Alberta. I didn't realize that you graduated from SAIT, though! And the C-train loudly announces SAIT's presence at the station ("SAIT/ACAD/Jubilee Station"?) for all to hear. Oddly, I've never actually been in the SAIT buildings.

Things to Run Away From Really Fast #64: Time Management

Cell phones are evil and I talk to my brother about comic book continuities. Apparently Batman showed up in the Sandman universe. I'm playing video games in a living room. I switch the gender on a character customization screen, which affects three dreams:

- A ghost enacts vengeance on his/her killer, and both go up in flames. There's a picture of a kitten involved.

- A warrior... guy... who looks like Ichigo from Bleach saves two main characters from... something, but one of the background DCs gets killed. The costume is warm, and he looks at the river, thinking about going for a swim. Zoom back to me with the video games, looking at a character screen that looks way different than the actual character did.

- I have to capture all six million Pokemon. I also have to click across a screen to keep them happy.

I'm in the same room, which is now a bar. I'm sipping on the large chai latte I bought before the coffee shop closed. Linkara is bartending. It's someone's birthday, and he randomly slices pieces off of an angel food cake when people come in. There are two cakes; one is hiding in a cupboard somewhere.

Time Management. Scare Factor: 2.
      Serenity and WakingNomad like this.

Happy Nightmares... Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Tagger First Class Made Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      I end up staring at pencils on my desk occasionally, half expecting them to up and fly away.
      O.O Wow, I think we have twin minds.

I wander through the library during the day. I pick up a book and am amused to note that they cited Encyclopedia Dramatica as a reference
      Wouldn't want to see the grade you'd get from using THAT in a research project.
      Samael likes this.
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic10998_6.gif
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room
      Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep? To the very toes he is terrified, Because the ground gives the way under him, And the dream begins... - Friedrich Nietzsche

DJ Entries
      And the C-train loudly announces SAIT's presence at the station ("SAIT/ACAD/Jubilee Station"?) for all to hear. Oddly, I've never actually been in the SAIT buildings.
      LOL yeah, except that ACAD gets the whole name out... the voice always says, "SAIT, Alberta College of Art and Design, Jubilee Station." What? It's too much of a mouthful to say Southern Alberta Institute of Technology?! Sure, you'd have to start the announcement from Sunnyside, but come on! Favouritism

I mostly only spent time in the buildings I had classes in I don't really know what the other parts of the campus are like. Similarly, I have never been through the doors of ACAD.
      Samael likes this.

LD Count
      100+
      USA
      DJ Entries
      Mutant killer penguins? Awesome!

Had this all neatly typed up before my computer crashed.
      I hate it when this happens. >.>

I have to capture all six million Pokemon. I also have to click across a screen to keep them happy.
      This made me happy.
      Samael likes this.

Old Dream Journal
      Competition Tasks: Fly, Telekinesis, Element Manipulation

Adversary Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
      O.O Wow, I think we have twin minds.

Wouldn't want to see the grade you'd get from using THAT in a research project.
      OMG. I'm going to have to get a creepier avatar.

And that image breaks my brain a little.

Sure, you'd have to start the announcement from Sunnyside, but come on! Favouritism

I mostly only spent time in the buildings I had classes in I don't really know what the other parts of the campus are like. Similarly, I have never been through the doors of ACAD.
      I'm in favour of this.

Aside from the graffiti hall, you're not missing much. I've been told that ACAD was designed by a prison architect. Odd choice for an art school, but hey, graffiti hall!

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden
      This made me happy.
      Pokemon! Penguins! Evil mutant penguin pokemon?

Is there a penguin-based pokemon? There totally should be. Wait for it...

Adversary Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Didn't sleep much.

Things to Run Away From #65: Choosing Sides

Two men are standing outdoors. The shorter man is yelling at the taller one.

"If you're not with us, you're against us!" He spits. Then he yells something about going back to the North if he can't support his friends.

The taller man stares back evenly, and says that there's more to the American Civil War than wounded pride.

Also, talking to Serenity about the ability to edit certain posts on DreamViews.

Choosing Sides. Scare Factor: 2.
      Last edited by Samael; 05-26-2010 at 02:45 PM.
      Serenity and WakingNomad like this.

Jesus of DV Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 25000 Hall Points 10000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Huge Dream Journal
      <span class='glow_0000FF'>Man of Shred</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Lethbridge, alberta
      DJ Entries
      what did the girl you didn't recognize that was with us look like?
      The Best of my dream journal
      http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x15/LucidSeeker/RanmaSig.jpg
      MoSh: How about you stop trying to define everything, and just accept what you experience, and explore it.
      - From the DJ of Waking Nomad!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Cusp View Post
      I'm guessing those intergalactic storm cloud monster bugs come out of sacred energy vortex angel gate medicine wheels.

Adversary Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Typo. I meant to say that I didn't know her name. I'm pretty sure she was Loaf's friend (I skimmed through his blog a while back).

Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      honolulu, Hawaii
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Samael View Post
      I remember you saying you were from Alberta. I didn't realize that you graduated from SAIT, though! And the C-train loudly announces SAIT's presence at the station ("SAIT/ACAD/Jubilee Station"?) for all to hear. Oddly, I've never actually been in the SAIT buildings.

Things to Run Away From Really Fast #64: Time Management

Cell phones are evil and I talk to my brother about comic book continuities. Apparently Batman showed up in the Sandman universe. I'm playing video games in a living room. I switch the gender on a character customization screen, which affects three dreams:

- A ghost enacts vengeance on his/her killer, and both go up in flames. There's a picture of a kitten involved.

- A warrior... guy... who looks like Ichigo from Bleach saves two main characters from... something, but one of the background DCs gets killed. The costume is warm, and he looks at the river, thinking about going for a swim. Zoom back to me with the video games, looking at a character screen that looks way different than the actual character did.

- I have to capture all six million Pokemon. I also have to click across a screen to keep them happy.

I'm in the same room, which is now a bar. I'm sipping on the large chai latte I bought before the coffee shop closed. Linkara is bartending. It's someone's birthday, and he randomly slices pieces off of an angel food cake when people come in. There are two cakes; one is hiding in a cupboard somewhere.

Time Management. Scare Factor: 2.
      A couple weekends ago, my girlfriend and I brought an angel food cake to her cousin's house for dinner. Surprise! Her cousin had one in the fridge.
      Samael likes this.
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

Adversary Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by WakingNomad
      A couple weekends ago, my girlfriend and I brought an angel food cake to her cousin's house for dinner. Surprise! Her cousin had one in the fridge.
      Huh. I wonder if I picked that up from you.

Things to Run Away From Really Fast #66: The Last Unicorn

I'm a cross between Alice (in Wonderland) and the human form of The Last Unicorn. As per usual, I'm utterly convinced that I'm the character. I'm a lot more nervous and soft-spoken than I normally would be, and I feel completely out of my depth. I feel no indication that this could possibly be a dream.

The hunters from this clip get killed by a shapeshifter as they leave my forest.

I somehow end up with a group of soldiers. They're protecting me. I'm wearing one of their uniforms, which comes complete with this hat. The hat only makes an appearance once. After I get dressed, nobody else is wearing one.

We go into an atrium to get food. There are birds nesting on the ceiling, and we can't look up. If we do, they'll attack us. I can see them in my mind's eye. They're brightly coloured: red and blue and yellow, and they look remarkably pretty swarming above us. I have to resist the urge to look, and I keep my eyes straight ahead as I grab a vat of mashed potatoes. Of course, one of the other members of the group looks up, and we have to run away without the food.

I'm trying to draw the layout of the building we're in. Drawing seems to stabilize everything, and the rooms rearrange themselves to fit the drawing. As soon as I get involved in the plot again, everything starts back to shifting.

There's a stage. I don't remember why the stage is important. Chairs are set out for the evening, but it's mid-afternoon and no one is using them yet.

The Last Unicorn. Scare Factor: 3.

I was boring in this dream.
      Serenity likes this.

DJ Entries
      I have not read many of your entries yet but I read a couple because I recognized some characters from shows I watch like Castle and Supernatural. Good thing I did, your dreams are really interesting I'll be checking back often!

Adversary Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler
      I have not read many of your entries yet but I read a couple because I recognized some characters from shows I watch like Castle and Supernatural. Good thing I did, your dreams are really interesting I'll be checking back often!
      They're two awesome shows, aren't they? Thanks for reading.

------------------------

So, a sex dream is the only thing I remember in any detail. I actually am going to detail it here, because ironically, my public journal seems to be more private than my written one. Go figure.

Things to Run Away From Really Fast #67: Girls

I'm in one of my old bedrooms from when I was a teenager, flirting with a girl who is, apparently, one of my female friends. She has short, reddish hair and is probably taller than me.

Spoiler for Mature Content:

Other fragments:

Walking through a wasteland of a city. There are "heroes" here that are similar to the Power Rangers, and they tend to fight the monsters that plague the place. One of the monsters tries to attack me, but I ignore it.

Talking to Tim, a kid from my hometown, the same age as my younger brother. He's making fun of the entire setting, saying it's as stupid as "that Spirited Away movie" we watched repeatedly one summer. I wonder aloud if the story-line is similar because both shows are Japanese.

Watching the show in a living room in one of my family's old houses. My mom asks me about it, and I say that they made a whole bunch of Doctor Who references because the shows are similar, and both British.

Wondering at the length of my big toenail as I cut it. I didn't know toenails could get that long.

Talking to Raven Knight about the possibility of her teaching the BD DVA class, but she doesn't understand what I'm talking about.

Girls. Scare Factor: 1.
      WakingNomad likes this.

DJ Entries
      As per usual, I'm utterly convinced that I'm the character.
      This happens more than I'd like to, especially when it's a Sailor Moon referenced dream (which is a major dream sign for me, obviously)! Usually, I *am* her, which makes it so hard to realize that it's a dream
      Samael likes this.

Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Tagger First Class Made Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      We go into an atrium to get food. There are birds nesting on the ceiling, and we can't look up. If we do, they'll attack us. I can see them in my mind's eye. They're brightly coloured: red and blue and yellow, and they look remarkably pretty swarming above us. I have to resist the urge to look, and I keep my eyes straight ahead as I grab a vat of mashed potatoes. Of course, one of the other members of the group looks up, and we have to run away without the food
      Wow, I would love to have seen something like that! Unusual birds are pretty common in my dreams, actually. Too bad that DC had to ruin everything
      Samael likes this.
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room
      Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep? To the very toes he is terrified, Because the ground gives the way under him, And the dream begins... - Friedrich Nietzsche

Adversary Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      This happens more than I'd like to, especially when it's a Sailor Moon referenced dream (which is a major dream sign for me, obviously)! Usually, I *am* her, which makes it so hard to realize that it's a dream
      Hm, I know what you mean. If I think back during the dream, I can recall a character's entire history as if it's my own. It's kind of hard to realize you're dreaming when all of the weird stuff that happens during dreams seems completely normal for your character. It's not like portals, evil little demon girls or broken fourth walls would faze Dean Winchester.

Seriously, that show is messed up.

Wow, I would love to have seen something like that! Unusual birds are pretty common in my dreams, actually. Too bad that DC had to ruin everything
      An individual bird was more or less a solid colour. It was when you put hundreds of them together that they were absolutely breathtaking. I guess I can't blame a character for wanting to see that. Was it worth it, though? I have vague memories of him being eaten alive on the way out.

Well, maybe not. That would have been cool, though.

----------------

Things to Run Away From Really Fast #68: Welcome to the Jungle

"Don't see why we had to take a job on this bo shui kueh piece of rock." I grumble to myself.

Mal steps onto the loading ramp. "Who's in rutting command here, Jayne?" He doesn't wait for an answer.

"All right everybody," he says to the crew assembled inside the ship. "We've got 'til nightfall before anything needs doing. With the exception a Jayne, here," he slaps me on the shoulder and ignores my growl, "You can all enjoy the benefits of civilization until that time. Kaylee? I believe you had something you needed to pick up..."

Mal goes over to Kaylee and discusses specifics of cost and necessity, and I pick up two 20-liter buckets full of water and start trudging into the muddy rainforest.

The first group of people I run into turn out to consider this a sacred duty or something, and decide not to kill me for this reason. That's really all I can remember up until the point that I join forces with a younger girl and go climb up a tower that just appeared. My boots have been traded out for the running shoes that I wear in real life.

The tower turns into an insanely high jungle gym, of the fall-off-and-you-die variety. The four people I'm with turn this into a game, describing the best way to get to the top. There are posts built into certain places for no reason, and these turn out to be part of the puzzle. I run up a 45 degree angle and slip, barely catching myself. I keep jumping upward until I'm climbing the underside of a slide. I've reached the top, and I'm just about to pull myself up -

I wake up.

Welcome to the Jungle. Scare Factor: 3. You know, Mal, as it is my dream, technically, I'm in command.

bo shui kueh: ...a restaurant? Apparently, I need to work on my Chinese.
      WakingNomad, Requiem and Serenity like this.

DJ Entries
      bo shui kueh: ...a restaurant? Apparently, I need to work on my Chinese.
      *giggle*
      Samael likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      México
      DJ Entries
      hehe, high jumgle gym and towers appearing out of nowhere, sounds fun.
      I dreamed about you today, btw.
      Samael likes this.

LD Count
      100+
      USA
      DJ Entries
      I didn't realize anyone else knew about The Last Unicorn.

The tower turns into an insanely high jungle gym, of the fall-off-and-you-die variety.
      Sounds awesome.
      Samael likes this.

Old Dream Journal
      Competition Tasks: Fly, Telekinesis, Element Manipulation

LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      Hehe, I enjoyed reading that jungle dream. Pushy DCs can be difficult to get along with.
      Samael likes this.
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast