• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      DJ Entries

Two nights, ca 15 false awakenings. How do I stop it, so I can get something else done?

I can hardly get anything done in the dream realm these days because my field of vision goes partially or completely black and I have a false awakening so quickly.

It seems like lucidity decreases with each FA along with my ability to resist the next one. At the end of my LD's I can hardly get out of bed. I am thinking next dream I will take a lot more time for stabilizing, mindfullness and increasing lucidity. But I would love to hear some other ideas on things I should try.

I am studying these two.

http://www.dreamviews.com/dreamviews...damentals.html Mzzkc stabilization fundamentals
      http://www.dreamviews.com/dreamviews...-tutorial.html Nina stabilization and clarity tutori

All in all they are fun and fascinating dreams, and I have gotten really good at catching false awakenings. But I am ready to go back to doing some other stuff as well.

ShiNiGaMi Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      20ish
      M'sila
      DJ Entries
      How about not expecting to have a FA? It seems to me you are convinced that's where your dream will lead you and indeed, that's what it does. Only use stabilizing techniques when you must because using them right off the bat means you're expecting the dream to fade, and have a goal set whilst interacting with the dream because stillness is apparently not appreciated by the dreaming mind.
      Previously known as areyoume

"A winner has to speak not of the world as it is, but of the world as it should be!"

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Kaenthem View Post
      How about not expecting to have a FA? It seems to me you are convinced that's where your dream will lead you and indeed, that's what it does. Only use stabilizing techniques when you must because using them right off the bat means you're expecting the dream to fade, and have a goal set whilst interacting with the dream because stillness is apparently not appreciated by the dreaming mind.
      As an update I had 2 lucids last night and no FA's. The first dream lasted quite a long time. The second I woke because while stabilizing I got the idea that I should take a really deep breath and it woke me up.

I mostly stabilize in the beginning to ground myself with the dream and increase clarity etc. You would suggest not to do this?

ShiNiGaMi Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      20ish
      M'sila
      DJ Entries
      ^Not really, just don't do it if the dream is already stable enough, so as not to seed the idea of dream destabilization. And congratz on the lucid!
      Previously known as areyoume

"A winner has to speak not of the world as it is, but of the world as it should be!"