• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By DoctorYikes

Thread: My Succubus

Arkansas

My Succubus

Cool to finally come across a forum where this particular anecdote might find an interested ear or two. I'm sure I'll leave a few hundred details out due to the limits of memory and attention span, as the whole thing covers a series of recurring dream themes that would trend upward of three or four times a week over a handful of years.

It sticks out to me for many reasons -- It was the beginning of my most vivid recollection of lucid dreams, as this 'dream antagonist' was the main reason I learned to recognize the signs that I was falling into a dream/sleep paralysis/having hypnagogic hallucinations, etc. Also, it was the key area of my really developing a good deal of -power- in my dreams. In addition, it marked the end of what I'd consider nightmares... before that, I'd have full-blown scared to go back to sleep nightmares. Nowadays, at worst I'd call it 'Horror-themed Intense Dreams', which I find enjoyable. *heh*

Also, I am a fan of folklore and mythology, and the title indicates that I think it was an experience similar to those that started the legend in particular.

So, the first phase for me was simple sleep paralysis. I wasn't able to move, though I would sense a 'presence'. Most of these dreams were only tactile, and occasionally auditory. I'd feel soft hands on my body, or a woman's body pressing against mine, and it'd start to take an erotic turn... And then, she'd shift into a scaled, clawed, spiked clawing hissing biting thing.

This was obviously quite disturbing, ha ha.

From there, I think I drifted a little further into a dream state, as I was still "in bed", and it was still eyes-closed darkness, but now it was me able to move. I'd reach an arm over and find her. It would develop a bit as usual, and then out came the claws and fangs. A few times during this phase I remember trying actively to wake up. Screaming silently, having what I assume now were false awakenings -- I'd wake up, and be in my bed, trying to get up, but feeling myself fading back under, being pulled back into the dream by this demoness. On a couple occasions, I remember hearing a hissing, amused, "I'm not done with you, yet..."

The next phase from there, I started developing a bit more fight. It started with one dream, her sitting astride me and then digging claws into my chest. I reached up a hand and found her throat in the dark. I dug my own fingers in, and could "sense" its surprise and alarm as I leveraged my weight around until I was on top, slamming my fist into its face (Said demon was oddly fragile in these dream sequences, I could feel her bones breaking beneath my fingers).

As if things weren't weird enough at this point, I noticed that over time I went from victim to aggressor. I'd feel her there and almost immediately go on the attack, grabbing and ripping. It started to occur to me that -I- was getting to be the one to be frightened of in the interaction.

At one point, I remember grabbing the thing, feeling her there (Almost all of these dreams, oddly, were completely dark...). I stopped myself, just waiting to see what she would do. Out came the claws, horns... "Stop it!", I 'said' in my mind. She/It held, then asked, 'What do you want me to do?'

Strange conversations started popping up from that point on. There were even dream dry spells where I'd actually kind of -miss- this seductive-yet-dangerous thing. *laugh* It was never like a full dream or lucid dream conversation, where I was there looking at and/or talking to some character. Just me there lying in bed with my eyes closed, feeling the tactile hallucination of movement and another entity there with me, with the words only being exchanged in my head.

She'd reappear after a dry spell and say she'd missed me. She'd say that she enjoyed both my fear and my wrath as much as my lust, and that fear had simply been the easiest to inspire. She liked my aggression because it was 'Different'. I had asked what was wrong with my just getting to have a normal sex dream, and she replied that it bored her because it was 'Too easy'.

Not long after that point, I started drifting further into more fully lucid dreams with differing environments and characters rather than just getting stuck at the SP phase. It's probably been a couple years since I've had the sensation of that "same" dream character.

It was all so remarkably vivid, and I do miss that particular phase at times.
      Caden likes this.

Reality Hacker Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV
      LD Count
      Hundreds
      USA
      DJ Entries
      Its nice to see that even S&M relationships can form on the other side

LD Count
      D'now
      Padded Cell
      DJ Entries
      Wow, well that is something I have never really heard of before. It sounds like quite the... interesting experience. So you are saying this all happened out of the dream state (Though not far off from it)? Fascinating. Well thanks for sharing.
      Interested in finding a good book to read? Check out Reading Decent Writing for good, entertaining, and unbiased reviews of popular books!

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV
      DJ Entries
      interesting read, i believe you

LD Count
      Lost count.
      Mental Fiction
      DJ Entries
      Interesting... check out my thread here, I think we have some very similar sleep paralysis symptoms. But it's cool how you've learned to control it.
      stuck alone inside your head, better off dead

Dragon Rider Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Behind You.
      Try summoning her and see what she says. I wonder what she'll do next if you see her again.
      Glaedr, the golden dragon from the Inheritance series.

-A truly creative person rids him or herself of all self-imposed limitations. (Got this from a fortune cookie)

5 DILDs/0 DEILD

Arkansas
      Quote Originally Posted by -InsaneKid- View Post
      Wow, well that is something I have never really heard of before. It sounds like quite the... interesting experience. So you are saying this all happened out of the dream state (Though not far off from it)? Fascinating. Well thanks for sharing.
      Yeah, your thread has some similar themes. I wouldn't say 'out of the dream state', it's not so either/or digital. Probably right around the sleep paralysis / hallucination stage... I'm guessing that when I'm able to "move" I'm drifting a bit further into 'fully' dreaming.

Lurker
      From the book of San.

"Succubus looks for the energy your body throws away during sleep time.
      Lust is the easy one to get from humans, such a lower form of energy. Thats because as humans we usually say Yes to seX.
      The good ones at his job can get you a very nice relationship.
      Fear is a good reward for them.
      Love is the light that burns darkness.
      Beware, and Remember: They always try to get without give"

Imhe, getting a good relationship with one of those things .... is like having a contact in the underworld.

Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      honolulu, Hawaii
      DJ Entries
      Fascinating. Sounds like an astral entity. Try and find this person in a dream.
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)