• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Lurker

I had a dream my girlfriend died...

So I normally don't remember my dreams, or even remember dreaming for that matter. However, the last 3 nights I have woke up and remembered my dreams. The most recent being the most lucid and disturbing.

A little background and I'll describe my dream. I currently live in Virginia. I moved down here from Wisconsin for work approx. 2 years ago. I met my girlfriend here and we are very happy together, think each-other are amazing, and the like.

The dream starts out where my girlfriend and I were supposed to take a trip 'back home" to Wisconsin to this scenic tourist area of the state called Door County. The day we are to leave, I find out she had died suddenly. I decide to still take the trip in her memory. I can remember driving the car and feeling the emotional turmoil one would typically expect to feel following such a loss, but was unable to cry. Eventually I was able to cry after "forcing" myself to do so. Next thing I remember I had reached my destination and was walking around with my camera taking pictures. Then somehow I was on a small one person motorboat in some sort of river or canal, when I ran into a net spanning from one shore to the other. The boat caught in the net and flipped over and I was swimming in the water, which appeared green and murky. A man on the shore with his son told me the waterways were closed due to some sort of bacteria being present in the water. The next thing I can remember is I was walking barefoot through peoples yards, wearing swimming trunks. I believe that is were the dream ended, because I can't remember anything else.

Not sure what it all means, or if it does mean anything. Just find it strange and makes me uneasy.

Natural Lucid Dreamer Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      2-5 every week
      Where the end began...
      You love this person so much that you know loosing her would devastate you.

You might be fearing that you might loose her subconsciously.

LD Count
      Tons
      Bay Area, California
      DJ Entries
      Go give your girlfriend a gigantic hug. Never forget how precious she is.