• 1 Post By labyrint

Thread: Ask the Guru (video)

Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      honolulu, Hawaii
      DJ Entries

Ask the Guru (video)

http://youtu.be/WUXodFgbDfQ

Hello, wanderer. Look in the mirror, and you see a reflection of the universe.
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

another place another tim labyrint's Avatar
      LD Count
      what's recalled
      all around you
      DJ Entries
      Namaste (as in I salute the God in you) and the God of dancing bananas too for he sometimes forgets that bananas can dance (or maybe a trickster)
      WakingNomad likes this.
      Spoiler for superlongsig:

Quote Originally Posted by tommo View Post
      Indeed. I thought signatures were limited to 7 lines anyway. How the fuck....
      Spoiler for dreamdealer:

Bad karma on icing threads, please continue conversation and ignore me if this happens "WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE"

DebraJane Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>EbbTide000</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Adelaide, South Australia
      DJ Entries

Alan Watts: fear of enlightenment

(0:00 to 9:09)
      Supposing that I say to you, “Each one of you is really the Great Self, the Brahman”

(0:09)

And you say, “Well Alan, all you’ve said right up to now makes me fairly sympathetic to this intellectually, but I don’t really feel it”.

(0:18)

“What must I so to feel it really?”

My answer to you is this. You ask me that question because you don’t want to feel it really. You’re frightened of it. And therefore what you’re going to do is you’re going to get a method of practice so you can put it off.

(0:44)

So that I can say, “Well, I can be a long time on the way to getting this thing. And then maybe I’ll be worthy of it, after I have suffered enough. See because we are brought up in a social scheme whereby we have to deserve what we get. And the price one pays for all good things is suffering.

But all of that is precisely, postponement, because one is afraid here and now to see it. If you have the nerve, real nerve, you’d see it right away. (…)

… I’m playing the role of being, “poor little me”, and therefore in order to be something great like a Buddha or a (?), (one liberated in this life) I ought to suffer for it. So, you can suffer for it in all kind of ways invented for you to do this. And you can discipline yourself and gain control of your mind. And you can do all sorts of extraordinary things. (…)

(2:45)

But that’s absolutely nothing to do with the realisation of the self.

The realisation of the self fundamentally depends on “coming off it”. You know the sort of, when we say to people who put on some kind of an act and we say, “Oh, come off it”.

(3:33)

And some people can “come off it”.

They laugh and say they suddenly realise that they’re making fools of themselves and they laugh at themselves and they, “come off it”.

(3:11)***

So, in exactly the same way the Guru, (the teacher) is trying to make you “come off it”.

Now if he finds that he can’t make you “come off it” he’s gonna put you through all these exercises. So that you for the last time, when you’ve got enough discipline, enough suffering and enough frustration, you’ll give it all up.

And realise you were there from the beginning and there was nothing to realise.
      WakingNomad likes this.
      EbbTide000's Signature.
      My original username was debraJane, later I became Havago. Click link below!
      What are Your Thoughts on This?
      http://www.dreamviews.com/beyond-dre...houghts-2.html

LD Count
      what's recalled
      all around you
      DJ Entries
      I just realised they have somekind of point based commercial system in DV ILMAO

and they won't tell (either something stinks or then we're just poor God's for someone makes profit on our benefit) I won't give a shit, for I consider myself a lousy good and lousy dreamer if I can't affect the forum code with my dreams instead of starting somekind of revolution (for all wars are reflections of my warring sides) so till the forum bends to our will I'm having a hard to decide where to throw my forum EXPeeas?

Dibs anyone?

I'm not gonna make the offence of false modesty by claiming that I'm buying friends. Who has the dignity to search for her/his/trans inner godhood and be rewarded by 100 forum points

EDIT: srry 100 points, I'm god worth of only 'bout 600 points... eaaaat my virtuaaal fleeeshh
      WakingNomad likes this.

Spoiler for dreamdealer:

Bad karma on icing threads, please continue conversation and ignore me if this happens "WE APOLOGISE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE"

DebraJane Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>EbbTide000</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Adelaide, South Australia
      DJ Entries

And realise you were there from the beginning and there was nothing to realise. But the Guru is very clever. He says, “Alright, if this is the way you have to go then this is the way you have to go”.

(3:44)

You asked for it. (Laughter from the audience)

You came to me. I didn’t invite you. (…)

You came to me and said, “I want to learn yoga”.

Well he, (the Guru) says, “Yoga is union, (?) you know, you are That”

Well now You say, “I’m sorry I don’t understand that because I only get it intellectually I don’t feel it”.

(4:04)

“Oh” he says, “you’re one of those”. (Laughter from Alan and audience)

“So, I see, I’ve got to satisfy you. The customer is always right, no? I’ve got to give you all this work to do, cos you can’t see directly that this is so.

(4:22)

But he’s looking at you in a funny way. You see, the Guru is always saying to you, “What are you doing? What’s you’re game?

(…)

You are guilty of something, something really terrible.

(6:00)

What could that be? I have no idea.

Guru say’s, “Now come on, come on, go deeper. What is the real sin you’ve committed?”

Devotee say’s “You think, what, me. I, little me could do something worse than murder, worse than spiritual pride? This little me, I mean I’m a reasonably well-intentioned person. What could that be?

(6:33)

And he, (the Guru) looks at you in a funny way and says, “You know” (…)

Now what, what did you do?
      (7:22)
      The real crime is that you won’t admit that you are God. That’s false modesty.

So the Guru challenges you, you see. He challenges you.

(8:08)

Now, if you have a thin shell and your mask is easily dispatched with he simply uses what we might call an easy method

(8:22)

He says, ha-ha, listen Shiva “come off it” ha, don’t pretend you’re this guy here. I know who you are.

(8:33)

And the guy sort-of twinkles a bit and says um, “Well, I guess you’re right”.

Hahahahahaha

(8:44)

But people aren’t like that, they have very thick shells. And so he has to invent ways of cracking. So here is how it goes …. (8:55 finished)
      WakingNomad likes this.
      EbbTide000's Signature.
      My original username was debraJane, later I became Havago. Click link below!
      What are Your Thoughts on This?
      http://www.dreamviews.com/beyond-dre...houghts-2.html

LD Count
      what's recalled
      all around you
      DJ Entries
      you allready a God, that I know

want mooreee power [here be plenty of pöints - worth] ??? or should we give them those poor ones who disdain their true beings
      highlighted that just for tab had remained open

One think at the end of mortal or ascending to godhood (you know there are buddhahoods, robinhoods, arahathoods and priesthoods too) is the place I've spent quite a lot of tyime. Movie festival at the end of world, outside of time where they show you every piece of movie that's ever made of whole mythos. When reflected to real life part, some of the movies give more credit that how I can remember actual situations, some of them are cheap and soulless versions of how I've felt and experinced stuff.. and good satires are best though they tend to first bite a bit,, till I regain my sense of humour and realise what a fool I've been
      WakingNomad likes this.

Spoiler for dreamdealer: