• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Lurker

Dreaming of someone you never met.......

Okay i can't remember the WHOLE dream so just bear with me lol

Well last night i had a dream of a girl who i never saw before and this was my "love interest" in the dream but I didnt like her back. Well also my ex gf was in the dream too, whom I cant seem to get over and ALWAYS dream about. The girl (whom i dont know) kinda snatched me up as if I was hers and throughout the dream I had the "wtf" look face.... She was real nice tho. I can also recall asking other people in the dream "who the hell is this girl is she crazy?" When i woke up all I could think about is this the one whom I could end up with???? Was she trying to tell me something?? I need your opinions I cant stop thinking about her!

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Maybe the dream was trying to tell you to let go of your ex girlfriend and find someone else?

The One Who Didn't Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Virginia
      DJ Entries
      You've probably seen her once before in her life, you just don't remember. Trust me.

The other thing however, is that her personality might be totally invented. Your mind has a tendency to take civilian faces it doesn't recognize, and then plop personalities and identities in them however it wants to. After all, a personality is not so difficult to create as the sculpture of a face, right? That's why totally invented dream characters usually have very one dimensional personalities. People in the crowd serve no purpose but to be there to make the place feel lifelike. Perhaps if a giant meteor falls from the sky, they'll run.

But let's say a person runs up to help you.
      If they've got a more round personality and are fully characterized, chances are they're someone you know well.
      If they're more flat as most dream characters are, then they may just be a dream character established to save you and that's it. Your mind may make up their other traits on the fly.

Anyway, your dream girlfriend was probably a slightly characterized version of someone you've seen in your life, but was so insignificant that you only remembered her face and had that to work with. Maybe you don't even remember her face, but somewhere in there, you're subconscious does. From your description, the only real thing she seemed to think or convey was her love for you. That would be something I would regard as a one-dimensional character. Someone who only has one clear goal and only acts in ways regarding that goal. With an unchanging personality.

Your dream may not have had any cardinal point so much as it was just exhibiting the satisfaction of finding a lover, and more importantly (amirite?), rubbing it in your ex-girlfriend's face. Most dreams, believe it or not, do not have a real point behind them. Your mind is no more of a subconscious philosopher than you are. They're all simply fanciful thoughts. The ideas of dreams having actual subconscious meanings is a little silly, in my opinion, but some people choose to believe in them, and I don't blame them.

[TL;DR: Your dream character is probably just another random dream character.
      You've seen her before but probably don't remember.
      Your dream probably didn't have one massive, overarching point.
      It was probably more about just having someone to love, and how enjoyable that is.
      If you want to dream about her again, then that's where lucid dreams come in.
      Otherwise, you've probably seen her in the past, and you may or may not see her in the future, so don't get too hyped on that idea.]

LD Count
      3 since joining
      Tel'aran'rhiod
      DJ Entries
      It is most likely a random dream character. I have had dreams about having evil brothers, but they mean nothing.

Dreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      100+
      USA
      DJ Entries
      That's normal but I doubt it means anything. I have dreams with random love interests I've never met (both guys and girls) all the time. Some stick with you though and you kinda think about them like you mentioned..idk it's weird but the feeling will fade in a couple days.