• 1 Post By Blackhammer
    • 1 Post By Dtraveller

Thread: False Awakening stories.

LD Count
      2 SEMI-LUCID :)
      Latvia
      DJ Entries

False Awakening stories.

So sometimes false awakenings turns out funny / disappointing / frustrating / mysterious etc.

As I remember i had a lot of FA in these years.

In one of them (when i was like 13 years old ) I woke up in my bed. I got up as always , but then i noticed that i have a new computer (at that time i had a very bad PC and i wanted a new one) so i ran to it , turned it on, and as it was loading, i immediately woke up in real life. Then I looked at the place where the PC was, but, dissapointed, i saw my old PC

So one of them happened last year. I woke up at my bed as always, and started to prepare for school ( eat, wear clothes, go to toilet etc.) But then I woke up one more time, thinking that the last one was FA and this is real. So i again started to prepare for school. But then again woke up ( this time for real ) Then i thought : how much FA there can be in a FA LOL. Then I just knew that this is real life and went preparing for school. I wish i had one of those now , as i didn't know about reality checks then.

So maybe you have had any curious, comedic maybe mysterious FA ?

Administrator Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points Stickie King Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze
      LD Count
      2500ish
      Idaho
      DJ Entries
      I hate when I wake up to my wife being amorous only to soon wake up all turned IRL and find that I am actually alone in a hotel room.
      CanisLucidus and threadless99 like this.
      Peace Be With You. Oh, and sure, The Force too, why not.

"Instruction in Dream Yoga"

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal 3 years registered
      LD Count
      About 30
      United Kingdom
      DJ Entries
      I had a strange one.
      As I woke up in FA a doctor - (he looked like a doctor from XIX century not a modern one) - entered my room and said he have meds that I ordered. I said I didn't order any but he said I already paid 40 $ for them "But you've already paid for them. Here is your Demerol sir". I took them from him and I was trying to remember when did I order them but I couldn't. Then I woke up.
      What was so strange about it? When I woke up I had no idea if demerol is even a real drug. Google search revealed that is real and that some people use it for inducing LD. I had no idea about that before that FA !
      I guess subconsciously I knew, had to read it somewhere long time ago.
      RobiZ likes this.

LD Count
      My lair
      DJ Entries
      I've had alot of false awakenings over this year of my lucid dreaming practice, chains of false awakenings, if i recall up to 8 in a row, and so on, not sure which one would be the most interesting over all, haha, just way too much.
      Though recently DC's tend to 'wake' me up by throwing pillows at me. As for most memorable out of recent ones, dream 3 of this, while not sure if it can be considered true FA since i was just lying in the bed, it's still pretty memorable and funny, haha: 11th Sep 2013 DEILD, Transformation, Causing cataclysm with an reality check, Wild Curtain - Day 32 - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views
      Been previously known as Checker666

LD Count
      Latvia
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Blackhammer View Post
      I had a strange one.
      As I woke up in FA a doctor - (he looked like a doctor from XIX century not a modern one) - entered my room and said he have meds that I ordered. I said I didn't order any but he said I already paid 40 $ for them "But you've already paid for them. Here is your Demerol sir". I took them from him and I was trying to remember when did I order them but I couldn't. Then I woke up.
      What was so strange about it? When I woke up I had no idea if demerol is even a real drug. Google search revealed that is real and that some people use it for inducing LD. I had no idea about that before that FA !
      I guess subconsciously I knew, had to read it somewhere long time ago.
      Those stories when you "don't know" about something, but your subconsciousness knows amazes me. The most creepy part must be when you google it and it turns out real

LD Count
      Approx 100
      I've had 2 particulary wierd ones and both in the past week.

A few nights ago, I woke up in the night and was eager to get to sleep to try and get a LD. I then had a FA I was stood in front of a sink with my head in it trying to sleep. I couldn't remember how I got from bed to a sink and had a sort of "Why am I trying to sleep in a sink?" mindset. I became lucid because of it.

This one was last night. I dreamt of waking up in my car. I realised I needed to get up for work, so got out the car and headed to my house. The house and road were very different from RL but I never noticed it. Also the fact I had been to sleep in the car didn't seem unusual. But when I got to the house door and looked back at the car I immediately thought "That's not my car. Why is my car different?" This also became lucid.

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal 3 years registered
      LD Count
      About 30
      United Kingdom
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by RobiZ View Post
      Those stories when you "don't know" about something, but your subconsciousness knows amazes me. The most creepy part must be when you google it and it turns out real
      Yeah I wish there was a way to make our consciousness access our subconscious memory. That would make us all geniuses. It would change the world in an amazing way. Maybe one day someone will find a way to achieve that and will share it with the world.

LD Count
      Latvia
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Blackhammer View Post
      Yeah I wish there was a way to make our consciousness access our subconscious memory. That would make us all geniuses. It would change the world in an amazing way. Maybe one day someone will find a way to achieve that and will share it with the world.
      Well i know that you can access subconsciousness by a hypnosis, and when you ask the person something , he can answer something that he didn't really know conscientiously, but knew subconscientiously

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      All are lucid
      One of the worst FA's was when I woke up in the morning and everything seemed fine, everything was very similar to what happens daily. So I thought that I woke up and I did not have a single clue that it might be a dream, I was arguing with my wife and we decided to leave each other, I felt very sad and I thought maybe it is a dream? In real life I would never leave her, so it cant be real. I remember how I was looking for any evidence that it was a dream, was doing reality checks, but during such moments reality checks sometimes fail and make it even worse. I had to recall everything from the moment when I woke up and tried to find any strange moments, I recalled few out of order things and then I woke up again. My wife was somewhere in the kitchen and I went there and hugged her and hard as I could and said I love you. She was not replying to me at all, here I got a sudden idea that it might be 2nd FA and I woke up for real. Went to my wife, she was in the kitchen, I saw her smile and understood that I woke up. Did few reality checks confirmed that I am not sleeping.

There are couple of very embarrassing FA's that I had, I wont be able to share them to every one

LD Count
      Latvia
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by flowofmysoul View Post
      One of the worst FA's was when I woke up in the morning and everything seemed fine, everything was very similar to what happens daily. So I thought that I woke up and I did not have a single clue that it might be a dream, I was arguing with my wife and we decided to leave each other, I felt very sad and I thought maybe it is a dream? In real life I would never leave her, so it cant be real. I remember how I was looking for any evidence that it was a dream, was doing reality checks, but during such moments reality checks sometimes fail and make it even worse. I had to recall everything from the moment when I woke up and tried to find any strange moments, I recalled few out of order things and then I woke up again. My wife was somewhere in the kitchen and I went there and hugged her and hard as I could and said I love you. She was not replying to me at all, here I got a sudden idea that it might be 2nd FA and I woke up for real. Went to my wife, she was in the kitchen, I saw her smile and understood that I woke up. Did few reality checks confirmed that I am not sleeping.

There are couple of very embarrassing FA's that I had, I wont be able to share them to every one
      It's sometimes very awkward/weird/cool how emotions are much stronger in dreams. Even after waking up , you feel the emotion you had in dream. When it's sadness , it's just weird and awkward.

I remember once i laughed in dream so hard , that i cried, and the laughter was so strong , that i felt the sour feeling when laughing, even after i woke up.

I heard someone in my house upstairs at night, so I went up to take a look, it was really scary. Then I woke up, but was a FA. That happened so many times, at least 8 or 9. I just kept FA-ing. I would go upstairs and realize that something was different (the house layout, etc) so I must be dreaming, and then I'd wake myself up (FA every time, but back in bed, so I'd have to go upstairs to check). I thought I would never wake up! I was really scared. [there was no-one in my house, luckily!]

But I've other FA's that occur only once in a dream.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      SC
      DJ Entries
      I remember once back when I was in school... I forget the exact circumstances, I think I had woken up with my alarm but like an idiot I turned it off and didn't get up out of bed and I accidentally went back to sleep. Suddenly I woke up and realized I was late for school so I was getting ready as fast as I could and jumped in my car and sped off down the road -- then I woke up for real. And I was late, and started getting ready as fast as I could, etc. It was almost like the panic of being late in the dream is what actually woke me up. lol

The only other false awakening I can think of right now really wasn't an awakening at all. I was trying to WILD but in my half asleep stupor I thought my auditory hallucinations of my dog and my mom were real and keeping me awake. I was trying to ignore them until I finally got so frustrated I got up to put my dog outside for a while and then I noticed my revolver was sitting on top of my night stand instead of in the drawer where I put it. As I went to examine it the house faded from around me and I was standing out in the yard completely lucid. Only time I've ever successfully had a WILD.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      1st LD May 2013
      Worthing, West Sussex
      DJ Entries

LD Count

interesting read

Why do some people have frequent/vivid/lucid dreams while others don't?

Lucid dreaming is a natural talent which can be learnt,for others however,it is just natural,in fact,i dont think of lucid dream when i want to sleep and bam here it is.

for natural Lucid dreamers i do try to learn something scientific or get hidden knowledge from it,but i sense some physical power/entity is preventing me or my self imposed fear stops in the way.Just last night,i slept and bam i realized i was dreaming,the thing is i was flying,in lucid dream,all you have to do is imagine a scene and it unfolds or say the word and it happens in milli-seconds.
      so,since i was flying in a dream,i said to the edge of the universe,bam,i saw a black huge void,something along the cosmic background wave radiation,the experience overwhelmed me to the point that i wanted to go back to bedroom,i said back to the bedroom,but not so fast,i was speeding towards the earth at a mega-relitivistic speeds,the funny is i could actually feel the earth magnetic field passing through me,causing shivers and jolts,who knows,might be the Earth magnitic field thought i was an asteroid on a collision course .

then i have a false awaking which was as real as reality ,in my bedroom,i saw a black spiral void just above my just,and when i looked i saw light orbiting something,the orbit looked like just how planets orbit other stuff,the more i looked the orbiting stuff changed into something whic i can understand or atleast process in my mind,it looked like a cap and then into a person,i knew in real life,i made eye contact and he saw me and smiled and i woke up,but couldnt lift a finger due to the immobolized state,it was full of suspense,excitement and gave me a buzz for the whole next day which is today.

anyone had similar experience like mine,i always like to share.

Lucid dream and déjà vu

i once lucid dreamed and this entity started to spin me in mid air ,it was exhilarating and liked me after few weeks,i encountered the same experience and knew i was visiting the same place again,it was my first déjà vu.anyone experienced like me..lets share.
      Last edited by Dtraveller; 02-16-2017 at 04:45 PM.
      Sleep on your right side or on your Back and Make nightmares a thing of the Past.
      On your side. Sleeping laterally is the most common sleep position. Studies have found that right-side sleepers experienced more positive dreams and fewer nightmares than left-side sleepers

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      300+
      Indiana
      Quote Originally Posted by Dtraveller View Post
      Why do some people have frequent/vivid/lucid dreams while others don't?

Lucid dreaming is a natural talent which can be learnt,for others however,it is just natural,in fact,i dont think of lucid dream when i want to sleep and bam here it is.
      I think whether some people realize it or not, they learned how to do it at a young age. The age you learn it at certainly has a large impact. Also, by "learn" I don't necessarily mean they taught themselves (even if they didn't know there was a name for it). I honestly believe a child could just get a lucid dream by random chance and the strange effects of having an undeveloped brain, coupled with very few previous experiences, having a totally open mind/being accepting of things, and the significantly heightened neuroplasticity/the ability to learn things very quickly without the need to think about what it is you're learning could allow for the almost natural ability to learn how to do it without intending to whatsoever.

As far as FAs go, I've had some here and there (don't usually get them), but one time when I was sorting out sleep issues and dealing with sleep medication that wasn't working, my dad gave me one of his somas to help me sleep (NOTE: Soma is a potentially very dangerous substance if you experiment with dosages, it's a CNS depressant that has very inconsistent effects even when you take the same dosages you have in the past, it has the very real potential of killing you from respiratory depression if you think my story makes it sound cool to take as a lucid aid or something, and it can have potentially deadly withdrawals as well if you develop a physical dependence--please don't try using this for lucid dreaming). I wound up having 6 lucid dreams that morning, all one right after another (literally within the span of 20 minutes), but they weren't necessarily all that stable or anything. As a matter of fact, I had 6 within 20 minutes because after each short lived lucid, I had on average 1-3 FAs before really waking up. It was honestly one of the most bizarre experiences I've ever had, because after the first two I realized what was going on (I was waking up every 3 or 4 minutes or whatever, so it's hard not to). When I realized what was happening, I would notice that even though I've woken up and I'm just lying in bed, my room was completely different despite registering as being exactly the same to my senses. I would realize within a few seconds that it was wrong (though how I don't know, because like I said, it was registering as totally normal and very convincingly), enter another FA, realize even quicker that the same thing was happening, and then get a third FA (sometimes). It was like rapidly shifting between realities (gotta remember I had 6 lucid dreams too, so in between sets of FAs I was dreaming too), and it was all crashing like a house of cards. Normally FAs don't cause such a strange feeling upon exiting them either, it was highly confusing in one sense, but not in another because I knew what was happening. The best way to put it is that I felt all the confusion despite my thoughts not matching the confusion, it was a very disorienting experience while it was happening.

LD Count
      Quote Originally Posted by snoop View Post
      I would notice that even though I've woken up and I'm just lying in bed, my room was completely different despite registering as being exactly the same to my senses.
      That is really true,i have no explanation for this stuff up to now.strange indeed.
      snoop likes this.
      Sleep on your right side or on your Back and Make nightmares a thing of the Past.
      On your side. Sleeping laterally is the most common sleep position. Studies have found that right-side sleepers experienced more positive dreams and fewer nightmares than left-side sleepers

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      300+
      Indiana
      Quote Originally Posted by Dtraveller View Post
      That is really true,i have no explanation for this stuff up to now.strange indeed.
      Well, like I said, my dreams happen to be bizarre and nonsensical in nature most of the time. Things like that are a common occurrence. Sometimes I have more lucid dreams (not in the sense you know you're dreaming, but you're generally more aware and capable of high levels of thought and judgment, as though you were awake), but they're pretty rare. My friend says mundane, realistic dreams are all he has though, where he's convinced in the dream he's experiencing reality. For me, it's much more like being in a state of dream-induced delirium. I get lots of false memories (sometimes surprisingly deep, not just a simple backstory for the setting and people), and random and sudden transitions to new scenes that sometimes are accompanied by a false memory of what happened during the in-between time of the transition (like, if I was suddenly in a new scene, I'd remember how I got there without it ever actually happening, it can make dreams seem significantly longer than the dream itself actually was--especially because, at times, the memories for the between time can span a few days). Other times, there are no false memories and the transitions simply go unnoticed until I wake up.

Honestly, I feel things like recognizing things as other things just comes with the territory. Any time you are in an altered-state of consciousness things like that happen, but they're harder to rationalize when the error is so glaring because how different brain activity is when dreaming and in the hypnagogic/hypnopompic state. I mean, you sometimes will find yourself absolutely certain you saw something in the corner of your eye (almost beyond your eyes playing a trick on you for a second), mistake people for other people when you're in their presence (not just sighting them from afar), right? I guess maybe it's just me, but I feel like most people experience these kinds of things. Hell, sometimes I'll flat out see an object as something else for a second and would be convinced entirely it was what I thought it was. When we're awake, smaller and more frequent occurrences like these happen all the time, it's only natural we right them off as being mistaken for a minute or something to that effect. To me, it seems only natural to expect things like that to happen when dreaming.

Then again, like I said, my dreams always have things like this happening, and things like that appear to happen most when I'm almost awake or waking up. I don't know if it's just more obvious because I'm more aware of what's going on, or because the sudden change in brain activity can actually cause cases like that to occur more often. My guess it's some combination thereof. I mean, if you think about it, why do some people experience a presence and a feeling of impending danger or doom during REM Atonia/Sleep paralysis? Isn't that recognizing something incorrectly? The only real difference is that nothing is there at all. Really you could go further and ask the same thing about experiencing a seemingly dynamic and interactive, at times utterly convincing, internal reality during certain times of the night.
      Last edited by snoop; 02-17-2017 at 03:36 AM.