• 1 Post By Sensei
    • 1 Post By <span style='color: #9900CC'>~Dreamer~</span>
    • 1 Post By Sensei
    • 2 Post By Patience108
    • 2 Post By Sensei
    • 2 Post By Sensei

Thread: The Depths

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class Referrer Gold
      The Depths
      DJ Entries

The Depths

My dream control thread is called The Depths because in dreams I always feel like going into a dream is going "down into my head" I don't know why.

I am making this for my dream control! I know I am the teacher here, but if anyone feels like inputting (anyone at all), feel free to input!

Current LD count and Rate
      about 1000 and 7-14 a week.
      I have teleported over a thousand times (sometimes as many as 10-20 times in dreams)
      I generally teleport to random places but have teleported to specific places about 200 times
      http://www.dreamviews.com/dream-cont...-teleport.html (my thread on my ways to teleport)
      Current Dream Control in Red
      Dream Control I am Working on in Green
      Small Goals in Yellow
      Big Goals in Blue
      Favorite Goals Accomplished in Another Blue
      New Goals Accomplished

Will be trying to update a lot of these as the moment hits me. I have a lot to put, but I think it is something I will enjoy just adding to over time.

One to go in my Favorites Collection
      My goal was to meet Nyxcc in a dream.
      DEILD back to a dream.
      I leave a huge store and see a lake. It is getting dark out, I find a family camping. I see two little girls (ages 7 and 10) and ask them if one of them is Nyxcc, and they both answer "no".
      I follow them to a water slide and their dad is watching me. I slide down and before I hit the water I float back to the slide so that I land perfectly at the edge (shouldn't be possible. the older girl is amazed, the younger less so. I look at the amazed girl and say.
      "You definitely aren't Nyxcc." Look at the other and say " but you are!" She smiles and nods. She looks like she is about seven and has brown hair. I can't remember eye color, they seemed bright.
      "This is a dream." She says.
      "What is your next dream goal?" I ask as I grab her hand so I don't lose her.
      "I want to visit old central America."
      "Ok... I am having trouble remembering anything from central America... That is like... Mexico and can't remember much else."
      We walk into the tent where I see a TV. I go to the TV and change to the history channel. I try changing the words on the screen and fast forwarding and rewinding. I can't seem to get it to say anything except prehistoric turtles and all. I give up and look at Nyx.
      "I got it, close your eyes." She says and puts her hands over my eyes.
      I close and she takes care of the imagination and old Mexico appears. It is a place filled with ruins of native Americans. There are ziggurats as well as things that are and never were a part of Mexico. The place we are in is a bit of a jungle. Nyxcc looks my age now, still brown hair, but lighter brown and bright eyes, she stands at about 5'6. I tell her to get on my back so we don't get lost. We run around for like 10 minutes. I notice that the ruins are hot enough that some of the animals are being cooked as we run around. I pick one that looks like a huge snail, in the middle is meat (makes no sense whatsoever). I take a small bite and hand it back. She jumps off and seems to run away. The dream ends.
      Looking up pictures right now it seems like it was a mixture of aztec ruins, amazon rainforest, and animals that are bigger than they should be.

Member <span style='color: #9900CC'>~Dreamer~</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Australia
      DJ Entries
      I remember that dream with NyxCC! I'm excited to see what else gets added to your list and reading about how you achieve your goals.
      Sensei likes this.

Raised by: PercyLucid ✦ Adopted: lucidmats ✦ Dreaming Partner: CanisLucidus

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall Veteran First Class Referrer Gold
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      Here is one of my big goals
      Try to dilate time
      Go to sleep in a dream and "layer" it. Inception style.

This dream is a try at both of those. I had a lot more that was forgotten, more falling asleep, and more seeing through eyelids.

Mass Awesome Crazy Lucid
      Spoiler for Lucid:

Member Achievements:
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      Small Goal: Breath fire

Spoiler for Breathing Fire:

I actually had 3 more dreams in fairy tail and did the fire breathing in each of them. One of them wasn't lucid. :/ I did almost lucidly go out and finish a complete mission. would have been awesome.

My new short goal is to eat fire!
      It is quite far back on the goals list, but due to watching fairy tail, it might come up.

LD Count
      Australia
      DJ Entries
      Cool goals Sensei, and awesome idea with the green and red potions above! I read a while ago about someone pulling "lucid berries" (or something similar) from their pocket and thought it was ingenious.
      Sensei and EnergyWorker like this.

Member Achievements:
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by ~Dreamer~ View Post
      Cool goals Sensei, and awesome idea with the green and red potions above! I read a while ago about someone pulling "lucid berries" (or something similar) from their pocket and thought it was ingenious.
      Thanks! I have used potions a couple of times and Red Bull once! I usually get pretty good results!

Member Achievements:
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      I have been doing really good at "going to sleep" in a dream. I am working on:
      Working on a list of things to do when I first realize I am dreaming in order to take most every lucid to super awareness.

I already know what the next thing is, but I am not sure if I should move on from "go to sleep in a dream" yet, since it has not stuck as something I do in every lucid. I don't know if I should just let it go and keep doing it when I remember, or just move on and hope it all clicks later when I have more things to do. haha.

So I have been off pop for like a month now and it is freaking killing me. I want it so badly. I almost drank some today out of habit when buying some DP for my Wifey. I stopped myself and realized "Why should 'I' go without anything? I can do what I want!" I realized that I wouldn't ever have to go back on pop if it was something I did every lucid dream, and eating/drinking stuff is a great lucid dream stabilization and awareness technique.

I was recently talking about "teleportation" being a big deal in dream control as it is fully rejecting the dream world and doing whatever I want. So... My new starting LD goal:
      I realize I am dreaming. I lay down and go to sleep. teleporting myself to a gas station or something similar. I grab some drinks and food/candy while I think about my dream goal.

I like this because of so many reasons already mentioned, but another reason that I like it is that habits become easier and faster the more you do them. I imagine that in the future, as soon as I realize I am dreaming, I will automatically just lay down and go to sleep without thinking about it. and another reason is that not worrying or giving any care to how long the LD is going to last usually amounts in very long LDs, stopping for a shopping trip in dreams is something that I usually do when I have been down in a dream for a long time and I am like, might as well stop and get something to eat while I finish this mission. lol.

I am expecting it to evolve as things rarely go exactly according to plan in dreams, especially if I do this continually in dreams. My end goal would be to kind of go to a "starting point" of a persistent realm, but I would rather work on this for now as I really really want some Dr. Pepper tonight. hahaha! I am putting a date on this to keep me to it.

Start date: Tonight. End date: December 1.
      The end date really helps me not pick up other goals and gives me something to shoot for. I will be posting each LD here or at least a portion of it, whether or not I attempt. I have been sick the last couple nights, so don't judge my LDing. haha.

LD Count
      Australia
      DJ Entries
      This sounds like a really neat way to get the deliciousness of your favourite drinks without it becoming a health risk or physical addiction. I like to treat myself to some of my favourite non-vegan food in dreams sometimes, so I don't have to miss them. Our mind is awesome at reproducing tastes - I've been amazed at how accurate a lot of dream foods are, and sometimes they taste even better!

It's funny, having a dream goal to "go to sleep" might sound counterintuitive, but I think there can be some real benefits if it works for you. Using it as a teleportation method is really clever! I've done my share of accidental dream-WILDs (when I didn't know I was already asleep) and I'm always amazed at how easy it is to immediately enter a dream. It also removes you from any distractions left over from your non-lucid dream, which is something I struggle with sometimes if I've been emotionally attached to a situation/person in the dream.

Awesome goals once again, I wish you good luck!
      Sensei likes this.

Member Achievements:
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      Had a lucid last night. Very short though, I think it was in NREM.

Spoiler for Dream:

My sickness is taking my dreams away and making it hard to LD. :/ Gotta keep on keeping on.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Tagger First Class 1 year registered
      LD Count
      187✨
      Now
      DJ Entries
      Hey Sensei Really enjoy reading your goals and mind set/reasons for doing things - you are really brave to put start and end dates etc

I Can't help but be inspired
      Sensei and ~Dreamer~ like this.

Member Achievements:
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      I had a lot of semi lucids and a couple of lucids this morning, nothing of note except one thing.
      Spoiler for dream:

Member Achievements:
      The Depths
      DJ Entries
      OK! So I haven't been posting all of my lucids here, but here are two that I tried the new technique.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Funny enough, I didn't even remember "drink something" as a goal until like, 5 minutes after waking. So it wasn't my dreaming awareness failing, but my waking. I had 5 lucids last night though, and those 2 were the longest ones at about 15 minutesish. I am going very slow in my dreams and trying to gain as much awareness as I can. It seems to be working well, but it takes a long time to finish things. Haha. I got the time though.
      Last edited by Sensei; 11-06-2015 at 08:15 PM.
      Patience108 and ~Dreamer~ like this.