• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Like Tree39Likes

Thread: DannyCool's Workbook

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered

LD Count
      DJ Entries

DannyCool's Workbook

Starting Today!

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Record the times that you naturally go to bed and wake-up, and list it in your workbook:

12 midnight to 8am

Do reality checks whenever you experience something weird throughout the day, and list it in your workbook:

Saw a friend I had not seen in ages. I was awake.

Was in a shop I had not been in before. I was awake.

Did lots of other reality checks at different times checking my hands.

Write a list for why you want to lucid dream (for motivation), and plan out what you want to do in your next lucid dream.

1. I want freedom of choice.
      2. I want to stop running towards whatever goal I am attached to like work or college and just stop even for a second or two.

Establish a night-time routine (Include reading your dream journal, making sure to leave your DJ open to a blank page for quicker dictations).

I have started writing my journal in the morning again.

I am looking at my eyelids before I sleep so that I can work towards DEILD and not wake up too much.

I am doing my mantra before I go to sleep for a DILD.

I am spending time on Dreamviews plus relaxing before sleep.
      Habba and KaliCo like this.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Do reality checks whenever you experience something weird throughout the day, and list it in your workbook:

It was absolutely lashing rain this morning when I woke up but more flowers had bloomed on my plants! I was awake.

Write a list for why you want to lucid dream (for motivation), and plan out what you want to do in your next lucid dream.

1. I will be lucid in my dreams.
      2. I want to learn from my dreams.
      Habba likes this.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Study up on all of the induction techniques listed here and find one that suits you.
      Practice your chosen induction technique for at least 2 weeks (although longer is preferred) before changing it to something else or ruling out that it's not working.
      Continue to post all of your experiences, even failed ones, into your workbook.

Optional:
      Discuss your chosen technique with the teachers by posting in your workbook. There are lots of ways to go about each technique, we will be able help you find a method that suits you!
      Choose a second (and possibly third) induction technique that compliments your first. For example, if you chose DILD you will also be able to perform WILD.
      If possible, it is highly advised to include WBTB into your routine.

I am choosing DILD with some MILD before sleep. After a week I will introduce WBTB and WILD.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Tonight I am going to DILD and MILD and enjoy an uninterupted sleep I am going to remember my dream signs. I am going to go lucid. I will be fine. I have done it before. I must remember to be free and not attached to my story. If I could remember to be free instead of following the story of the dream. I do have awareness like everyone else and I can do it. This gives me an idea for a MILD. Ok so when I am in a big story, which I have been trying during the day, is just to know it is a dream and stop doing what I am doing. So I need a visual on that which I guess is me going somewhere doing something important to me. Ok I will try this and watch out for other signs too. Talk tomorrow. I am free. I am free. I am free. I am glad I am not writing tutorials!!!

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Well I slept all night and I was not too bothered about outcome in my last long dream before I woke up but I had no idea I was in a dream. I am not as serious about myself as I think I just need to recognise dream signs more. I do think my world is totally real and important but I am more relaxed then I give myself credit. I am just not cutting through through enough though as I am still in the dream but I think I have lightened up a bit. My reality checks during the day could be much more experiential and I could work more on incubating or MILD. Going to dream signs and reality check forums.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Hmmm might do a wbtb tonight... Ok im going to really focus on relaxing when I wake up. Must get the bedroom nice now. Talk tomorrow.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Made the bedroom so nice and beautiful and had great adventures last night. I had really powerful dreams in myon-rem sleep after about an hour where I was looking at different colour bubbles disappearing into my lucidity. Then I woke up in a bad mood and did not treat that with love and stayed awake for a little but slowly got back to the mantras etc. When I wake up out of this non-rem sleep I need to meet whatever is there with the love of lucidity. A bit like a DEILD. In fact that would just do the trick. I will practice looking at my eyelids again before I goto sleep tonight. I turned my alarm clock off without remembering last night so I need to put it father away tonight. Other than that it was a great night and had some nice dreams in the morning. I tried a WILD in the morning but I think I had had too much sleep. Forgot to book my meditation book by my bed for the WBTB. Also want to check up on my dream yoga book. Think I can do all that for tonight. I will go onto lesson 3 after the competition.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Just going to set up my room now. Now to check the dream yoga book. Ok. Ready to go!

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Wow. Had a great nights sleep. Did everything I said but could have woke up more when the alarm clock went off. I am going to focus more on the dreaming than the dream as Dolphin says. More about that later. I will do my reality checks in this way today.
      BadAssLongCoat likes this.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Woke up for my WBTB and I got out to the toilet which help me wake up enough to touch in with my awareness and get in a good sleep position for lucids. Forgot my breathing technique when I woke up the first time. I am not doing much incubating or MILD and will keep my RCs up today.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Vegetarianism

I was hanging out with my friend who has kindof dumped my recently IWL partly because he is going through some serious stuff with his own family and he is having a change of lifestyle. I am kindof happy this is happening because his attitude is different from mine. He likes fast cars, alcohol, cigars and women whereas I do admit I like all those things too but would rather not go there. So he was there and I think this hightened my awareness in the dream because he was running after wasps hitting them and then squeezing them but they would not die properly and were flying over to me to sting me. I was trying not to get angry even thoough the situation was crazy. I started telling him that if we are nice to beings in the world we can make a big difference but he just continued on. The next thing the same story just magnified into a full on War. I was protecting a group of people while a chopper landed in front of us. A load of men came out with full armour and some kind of machine gun I had never seen before. They captured the people and I managed to get away. They were not looking for me they were looking for the indigenous people to wipe out the spiritual culture and bring on the industrialisation. It was an Avatar type thing. I was suprised at how brave I was and not a bit scared. This makes me think that I must have had some level of lucidity but not recognised it was a dream. This is still taking things a little too seriously and fighting for a cause. I have a sense still that there is something to change and not fully in the dream. I then ran up a number of floors in an office block to let them know and try and find someone official. Of course this is a classic dream sign of running around in circles and not becoming lucid.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Going to incubate the eating one for tonight I'm getting hungry for a piece of iron. If I can remember the TOTM I will go lucid.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Keeping to regular sleep pattern. No stress. Will set alarm for 5 again. Started Hukif's reality check. Into a two month dedicated posting on dreamviews.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Competition coming up. I know I can boost my awareness for this competition. It is going to be awesome. Dreamviews rocks.
      SenrPF, NyxCC and Smudgefish like this.

Beginner Achievements:
      Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      a few
      Suffolk, UK
      DJ Entries
      Keep up the good work. Competition day is upon us.
      SenrPF, NyxCC and DannyCool like this.
      I got lucid, so no more silly signature.

Dream Guide Achievements:
      5000 Hall Points Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Good luck guys!
      Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Going to start again with this with a wbtb tonight. We also try for a DILD and do some MILD. Will pick up the reality checks. I am doing the gravity one from time to time but am going to pick this up now and write in this journal every day.

Beginner Achievements:
      Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      a few
      Suffolk, UK
      DJ Entries
      Snap - I've been finding it really difficult in the last few weeks (happened to co-incide with the competition unfortunately) and completely lost my drive, working long hours hasn't helped. Yesterday I decided I had to get back to it, did some RCs for the first time in weeks, and had my best recall ever this morning, and almost a DEILD.

Good luck with your renewed efforts!
      DannyCool likes this.
      I got lucid, so no more silly signature.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Let's do this! Going for a wbtb again tonight.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Going to remember Hukif's reality check today
      NyxCC likes this.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      WBTB tonight plus usual pre bed prep. Happy Days.
      Patience108 likes this.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Succeed with a WBTB last night and journeled my dreams. Going to do the same tonight.
      Patience108 likes this.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Did my wake back to bed and I did my best wild yet. It was like entering a different world straight from bed. It does take some patience. Now that I have a taste I am up for the challenge.
      Patience108 and ThreeCat like this.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      So the last lesson on this tutorial is about developing awareness. No recall last night but I have logged the 3 not very short lucids I have had since on dreamviews. I might write these out and add some more as they happen. I get quite a few lucids and then I just wake up straight away and think oh ya I knew I was dreaming there like a flash lucid and I have a vague awareness during the first 3 to 4 hours of my sleep which is not so much filled with fast moving visuals and of course I have non-lucid dream recall. I know I want to work more on dream yoga and stabilisation and dream control. It is so wonderful all the things to learn thanks to my religion, spirituality and dreamviews. To complete the last lesson on this tutorial I am going to focus on dream yoga during the day and before I go to sleep. I am changing my sleep pattern at the moment so I don't want to do WBTBs maybe will just wake up for a moment with an alarm.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast