• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Like Tree123Likes

Thread: Task of the Month for August 2016

Member Achievements:
      Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      The Astral Realm
      DJ Entries

Task of the Month for August 2016

NEW: Do you have a Task of the Month suggestion that you would love to get chosen?
      Now you have the chance to suggest new tasks of the month by clicking the
      Future Task of the Month Suggestion Thread.
      If you complete a current TOTM, you will be able to vote on suggestions for the next month!

Introduction:
      This topic is for the Lucid Tasks that are assigned by the Lucid Task Club and the On-Topic Administrator. Please attempt any or all of these tasks throughout the month.

Report back in this thread, even if you didn't successfully accomplish the task. Your efforts should make interesting reading! This is required in order to get credit, it is no longer sufficient just to say that you did it.

Very important

When you complete a task: Go to your control panel, then to permission groups, and request to be in the group that applies to the task that you've done: either a basic or an advanced or both (specify in the description field if it was the bonus task). Of course you still need to post the dream here because we check. Please, make sure you post here your attempts both failures and successes, this will make this post much more dynamic and it will make OpheliaBlue/Gab's winging delivering much easier. It will be very appreciated!

Whoever completes any of these tasks gets the following goodies until the end of the month:
      • Your name will be displayed in ORANGE in the online members list at the bottom of the main forum page.
      • You will receive a special title and badge.
      • You will receive access to the "Lucid Task Club" which is a limited access forum for people that complete a lucid task each month. Members of this club can vote for submitted suggestions for the next month's tasks. Access to the Lucid Task Club will also grant you early access to the next month's tasks, giving you a 2-3 day window to keep your wings for the following month.

Tasks for this month:

Basic Task i - Ask a dream character to tell you a secret of a Dreamviews member of your choosing. ( example " Tell me a secret of PercyLucid's" ) (Saizaphod)
      Basic Task ii - Look through a microscope, what do you see? (FryingMan)

Advanced Task i - Ask a DC if he/she wants to accompany you for the rest of the dream. Can he/she help you with your goals? (RelaxAndDream)
      Advanced Task ii - Fly like superman. Find a plane and look through the window. Report what you see. (priceleecushing)

BONUS TASK!! - Shrink yourself down and get swallowed by a DC, and then describe the adventure you encounter inside their body. (spellbee2)
      Last edited by PercyLucid; 07-29-2016 at 03:44 PM.
      Click the door... and welcome to my dream world!

Lucid Dreaming: Natural - Lucid Dreamer since I was a kid.
      Astral Projection ~ Farthest reached: The Pleiades Star System.

Official Dreamviews Toty 7 Lucid Tasks Challenges

Stay lucid Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      527+
      DJ Entries
      Once Upon a Time Life hahaha I remember when I was younger, I always thought there were millions of those little yellow bad guys running inside my body whenever I had fever...

edit: Is the sneeze task active too?
      Last edited by Saizaphod; 07-29-2016 at 12:36 PM.

Member Achievements:
      Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      The Astral Realm
      DJ Entries
      Hehehe yeah, those yellow guys are mean (but funnier than the blue bacillus hehe)

And thanks about the sneezing task, I thought you were fooling around (those yellow guys make you sneeze haha) but I see it was actually there, it was a typo so I removed it. Funny symbolism though haha.

Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Populated Wall
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      Last edited by Lang; 07-29-2016 at 07:22 PM.
      woblybil likes this.

Earn your wings! Try out Dream Views'
      Tasks of the Month and Tasks of the Year
      today!
      Here:
      https://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/
      With Dreaming you need to start small and work hard grow your lucid dreaming lifestyle...
      I'm not just a lucid dream, I'm a Somnonauts!!

“It’s... your conscience. We don’t talk a lot these days.”

Executive Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      OOH-OOH....I like Basic I
      Saizaphod likes this.
      What other people think of you is none of your business

Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Completed Advanced Task I

I knew that wouldn't take long..

7/30
      3:00pm
      I had to clean up the final post because the orgy part was so nasty-nasty.
      I had been at an orgy and it was really messy and suspected it was a dream and then went next door to a "Free Love" meeting and was paired off by an instructor to a strange young.Blonde punker girl with too tight hair, black rings around her eyes and a very pale makeup job. She had been doing something with sex too and we both smelled like week old dead trout!.... We were supposed to be getting instruction on how to meet sex partners When I just blurted out, " This is all just a big dream,would you like to stay with me for the rest of the story?"
      It was obvious we were going to have oral sex immediately and I said "We gotta get cleaned up first, We smell like hell" I grabbed her hand and flew down hallways to different bathrooms with either no sink or no water in it and finally found a really dirty one that had standing water in a filthy sink but with no paper towels and I left her at the sink and went behind a short wall to a urinal to pee and thought about the urinal water but it was dry too, I got her by the wrist at the sink and we flew down more hallways lost and I looked out thru a crack in the boards of a wall and saw a familiar street below and said "I know this place, Were downtown" She asked "downtown where?" I said "I dont know but I know how to get home from here where we can do stuff" I pulled her along and asked "Still wanna do it?" She said "Yes, Lets hurry" and we took off flying down the street still dragging her by the wrist when the damn train came by again.....

(That oil train ruining my dreams is about the only use I could find for an oil pipeline)
      Last edited by woblybil; 07-30-2016 at 10:46 PM.
      Saizaphod and MadMonkey like this.

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      I can't delete posts?
      Last edited by woblybil; 07-31-2016 at 01:47 PM.

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      The Astral Realm
      DJ Entries
      Have fun!!!!!!!
      woblybil likes this.

gab
      Administrator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      Ok, so it looks to me that only Woblybil has chained. Everybody else is getting clipped. Correct me if I'm wrong.

dreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV 3 years registered
      LD Count
      100 +
      Here, Now
      DJ Entries
      Ok.....I want my wings again this month.....!!!!! I like the idea of asking a DC to accompany me throughout the dream.

Good luck, everyone!
      woblybil and coolcoolcool like this.
      As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.

~ Carl Jung

Member Achievements:

LD Count
      The Astral Realm
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by gab View Post
      Ok, so it looks to me that only Woblybil has chained. Everybody else is getting clipped. Correct me if I'm wrong.
      Exactly Trim away!

To the winged unchained:

It will only hurt a lot!
      gab and woblybil like this.

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by gab View Post
      Now I feel guilty

gab
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      Got the Basic - look through microscope task

I remember the looking through microsope task. I ask her where does she keeps her microscope. She says right under her desk. We walk over there and she looks for it for a while. It looks different than I expected when she sets it on a desk. She says I need to put my finger into a little hole so the device can collect my DNA. I'm like no way, I'm not doing that. She grabs a needle, pokes her finger with it and literraly pulls out a tiny string of DNA, haha.

I look into the microscope, not knowing what to expect. There is just blackness at first, then a black and white face of young Harry Potter appears. I'm like pffft, realy?
      http://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/gab/...m-basic-76797/

I was really hoping to get the airplane task and that's the one I practiced while falling asleep.

Amateur dreamweaver Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      Samsara
      DJ Entries
      Hmmm...Gotta tell you those tasks seem pretty daunting to a beginner. In one instance, you need to conjure a microscope, and another an airplane? Jeez.
      woblybil likes this.

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHelix View Post
      Hmmm...Gotta tell you those tasks seem pretty daunting to a beginner. In one instance, you need to conjure a microscope, and another an airplane? Jeez.
      If you ask a DC to come along for the dream and they say no, Just say "It's my dream and you're coming anyway ....

gab
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      I know you are being sarcastic but I have no idea why.

Amateur dreamweaver Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      Samsara
      DJ Entries
      No sarcasm. What you consider a basic task feels kind of daunting for someone with only 20 LD's under their belt despite 2 years of genuine effort and commitment. Perhaps I should have more faith in my abilities, but simply preserving lucidity is sometimes a challenge for me at this juncture due to the infrequency of LD events.

A LD is not such a mundane occurrence when they happen on the order of once per month, which, as you can see, is my average. I've been here since April of 2014 and have 19 legitimate LD's. (I don't count anything under maybe 3 - 4 minutes).

If I managed to find or conjure up a microscope, I'd be pretty darned excited. I'm still at the stage where I wander around in the dream and merely observe or let the dream take it's own course and hope to stay engaged so it doesn't fade too quickly or result in a spontaneous awakening. I'm sure conjuring or finding specific objects must seem easy peasy to some. I'm simply focusing on that particular basic task since the others seem well beyond what I've managed to accomplish in my handful of prior lucid experiences thus far.

I hope I've explained myself well enough. I've started to look forward to these contests/tasks in the hopes that striving would bring more results. As a rank beginner I avoided them for almost two years. But, got to aim high to hit high, right? Still, I feel a little left out this month...
      Last edited by DoubleHelix; 08-03-2016 at 02:47 AM.
      RelaxAndDream and woblybil like this.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      377+
      DJ Entries
      Dont get me wrong we probably cant compare each other because for what ever reason i have a higher lucidity rate but i started the TOTMS like 1 or two month after starting with LD. the tasks was damn difficult at the beginning but they motivated me to get lucid and they extended my lucids. if you like you can read one of my first tasks i have done. i "just" needed to climb on a tree and look around.... you cant believe how many FA and attempts it needed to just find ea tree because i couldnt fly at that time...^^ but nevertheless if i finally managed it was one of the awesomenest feelings and i was smiling at least two or three days because of my accomplishment. (Link to short entry...)

its all about the way how you approach this. when you already think: way to difficult for me i cant summon i cant stay long in a lucid you will be right (to bad ey?). you have all day long to incubate and think about how to approach a task. there are a hell lot of "lifehacks/workarounds/pointofviews" you cant summon? maybe you dont have to maybe a DC has one or maybe you just need to find a school and there you know will be some in the biology room. expectation is key and you dont need to summon that microscope or that school there you just need to find it. and when you incubate and daydream about how you do it and finaly get lucid you just do what you have already done tons of times in your head. you look around and find that school simple you already did this and oh yea there has to be the biology room you was there already (in your incubation/daydream) and if you cant find it at the first glance: ask a teacher he can show you, he might even show you how to use a microscope

the better you get at lucid dreaming the more you can do a direct approach. Microscope? behind me or in my hand easy. but at the beginning you can work with expectation and workarounds and it WORKS believe me! believe in yourself!
      Last edited by RelaxAndDream; 08-03-2016 at 09:02 AM.
      DoubleHelix and Patience108 like this.

Always Tired Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      Indiana
      DJ Entries
      Trying to get back into LDing.. I'll try AT I and then see if they'll help me out with AT II!
      RelaxAndDream, gab and Patience108 like this.

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      No sarcasm. What you consider a basic task feels kind of daunting for someone with only 20 LD's under their belt despite 2 years of genuine effort and commitment. Perhaps I should have more faith in my abilities, but simply preserving lucidity is sometimes a challenge for me at this juncture due to the infrequency of LD events.

A LD is not such a mundane occurrence when they happen on the order of once per month, which, as you can see, is my average. I've been here since April of 2014 and have 19 legitimate LD's. (I don't count anything under maybe 3 - 4 minutes).

If I managed to find or conjure up a microscope, I'd be pretty darned excited. I'm still at the stage where I wander around in the dream and merely observe or let the dream take it's own course and hope to stay engaged so it doesn't fade too quickly or result in a spontaneous awakening. I'm sure conjuring or finding specific objects must seem easy peasy to some. I'm simply focusing on that particular basic task since the others seem well beyond what I've managed to accomplish in my handful of prior lucid experiences thus far.

I hope I've explained myself well enough. I've started to look forward to these contests/tasks in the hopes that striving would bring more results. As a rank beginner I avoided them for almost two years. But, got to aim high to hit high, right? Still, I feel a little left out this month...
      We recently had a TOTM requiring Us to ask the dream for a dream guide. like yell out to the dream "Hey dream, I want my dream guide now"
      It worked so well that I find myself doing it all the time now..If I thought of the task I could yell to the dream, "Hey dream, I need a microscope" And almost surely it would appear...(That's if I was lucid and if I remembered the task)
      Just my two cents worth
      Patience108 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      377+
      DJ Entries
      failed?! attempts in basic I and advanced I

Spoiler for Basic I:

Spoiler for Advanced I:

so i dont know: when one goes by exact wording i asked for a secret but didnt get a answer and i asked for company and got it but not until the end of the dream...
      what do you think guys?

DJ Link for Basic and DJ Link for Advanced
      Last edited by RelaxAndDream; 08-04-2016 at 03:59 PM.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Lost count
      California
      DJ Entries
      I did Basic I Task and Advanced I Task this morning while trying Galantamine for the first time!

Spoiler for Basic I and Andvanced I:

My goal itself was to talk to my dream guide so yes she did help my complete my goals. I also wanted to know more about evil witches and she explained some of that as well. Next time I will have her teach me a new power which should be more exciting.

Link to full dream journal entry.
      Last edited by MadMonkey; 08-05-2016 at 01:52 AM.

gab
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      Forgot all about the tasks in today's morning nap WILD. But remembered how to focus my eyesight from yuschaks book I read yesterday. And got tons of "action".

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      377+
      DJ Entries
      This time i claim to complete the Basic I and II and Advanced I even tho i didnt get a good answer and Sensei denied to accompany me

Spoiler for Basic I:

Spoiler for Basic II and Advanced I:

DJ entry

Plz look into it and tell me if it counts for you!
      Last edited by RelaxAndDream; 08-05-2016 at 04:45 PM.
      woblybil, gab and Patience108 like this.

gab
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by RelaxAndDream View Post
      This time i claim to complete the Basic I and II and Advanced I even tho i didnt get a good answer and Sensei denied to accompany me
      You summoned someone, asked a question, and got an answer so I would say you did complete this task. No matter if the answer was not really what you expected.

You got a microscope and saw an image in it. - Done

You asked to accompany you. No matter if they agreed or denied, I would say you did the task. You can't control if the DC has other plans that walk with you : D

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast