• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Task of the Month for September 2016

Administrator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points 1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Like a lot
      Florida
      DJ Entries

Task of the Month for September 2016

NEW: Do you have a Task of the Month suggestion that you would love to get chosen?
      Now you have the chance to suggest new tasks of the month by clicking the
      Future Task of the Month Suggestion Thread.
      If you complete a current TOTM, you will be able to vote on suggestions for the next month!

Introduction:
      This topic is for the Lucid Tasks that are assigned by the Lucid Task Club and the On-Topic Administrator. Please attempt any or all of these tasks throughout the month.

Report back in this thread, even if you didn't successfully accomplish the task. Your efforts should make interesting reading! This is required in order to get credit, it is no longer sufficient just to say that you did it.

Very important

When you complete a task: Go to your control panel, then to permission groups, and request to be in the group that applies to the task that you've done: either a basic or an advanced or both (specify in the description field if it was the bonus task). Of course you still need to post the dream here because we check. Please, make sure you post here your attempts both failures and successes, this will make this post much more dynamic and it will make OpheliaBlue/Gab's winging delivering much easier. It will be very appreciated!

Whoever completes any of these tasks gets the following goodies until the end of the month:
      • Your name will be displayed in ORANGE in the online members list at the bottom of the main forum page.
      • You will receive a special title and badge.
      • You will receive access to the "Lucid Task Club" which is a limited access forum for people that complete a lucid task each month. Members of this club can vote for submitted suggestions for the next month's tasks. Access to the Lucid Task Club will also grant you early access to the next month's tasks, giving you a 2-3 day window to keep your wings for the following month.

Tasks for this month:

Basic Task i - Find the Olympic cauldron and roast marshmallows in the flame. (Daniele)
      Basic Task ii - Watch a television and describe what happens in the show that you're watching. (Saizaphod)

Advanced Task i - Grow a tail. (Intet)
      Advanced Task ii - Switch bodies with someone else. Try to live in other people's shoes and live their life for a while. (Ibeauty)

BONUS TASK!! - Hatch from an egg. (Spaceline)
      Last edited by spellbee2; 09-01-2016 at 11:50 PM.
      "Going through life worrying about the little things is like cooking with motor oil instead of cooking oil. Sure, you can still probably pull it off, but it'll leave a bad taste in your mouth in retrospect." - Me, apparently

2015: 101 LDs, 2016: 114 LDs, 2017: 38 LDs, 2018: 20 LDs, 2019: 8 LDs

DreamViews Discord!

Member Achievements:
      Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      The Astral Realm
      DJ Entries
      Thanks
      Click the door... and welcome to my dream world!

Lucid Dreaming: Natural - Lucid Dreamer since I was a kid.
      Astral Projection ~ Farthest reached: The Pleiades Star System.

Official Dreamviews Toty 7 Lucid Tasks Challenges

Executive Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      They look mean
      What other people think of you is none of your business

Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points 1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Like a lot
      Florida
      DJ Entries
      Percy's been having computer/internet problems, so sorry for the delay. Hop to it everyone!
      OpheliaBlue and woblybil like this.
      "Going through life worrying about the little things is like cooking with motor oil instead of cooking oil. Sure, you can still probably pull it off, but it'll leave a bad taste in your mouth in retrospect." - Me, apparently

DreamViews Discord!

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      377+
      DJ Entries
      Find them pretty difficult this time. i think i will aim for basic II and Advanced I

Try to live in other people's shoes for a few days.
      dont know how it is with you but so far i know i never experienced dreams that go longer than a days or weeks or months... sometimes the lucid is long and the daytime might change but not that it felt like a day or more has passed. so here i dont know how to complete the task...
      Last edited by RelaxAndDream; 09-01-2016 at 09:51 AM.
      woblybil likes this.

DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Ah dang I didn't see this in time. I had 3 LDs last night and since I didn't see this post in time I had to spend them all on caveman activities .
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

Amateur dreamweaver Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      Samsara
      DJ Entries
      Just found the tasks myself. No LD's of late, so I'm hoping the extra effort of perhaps roasting some marshmallows or growing a tail might change all that. No way as a beginner I could switch bodies and sustain that for days, even in dream-time (which I thought was 1:1) so I'm not sure how that would work, anyway.
      woblybil likes this.

LD Count
      Like a lot
      Florida
      DJ Entries
      Yeah, maybe the wording isn't the best on that one - I think it's just part of the expression. Time dilation aside, I think the point is to switch bodies with another person and live out a portion of that other person's life as them.

You guys think it's fair to change the wording to reflect that?
      woblybil and SearcherTMR like this.

DreamViews Discord!

Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by spellbee2 View Post
      Yeah, maybe the wording isn't the best on that one - I think it's just part of the expression. Time dilation aside, I think the point is to switch bodies with another person and live out a portion of that other person's life as them.

You guys think it's fair to change the wording to reflect that?
      :
      I would say that's fair! Even if it's only for a few minutes.

Will I be the only one to chain again this month -
      Last edited by woblybil; 09-01-2016 at 06:21 PM.

Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Populated Wall
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      Whoops!! Sorry about that! Yeah. I meant it for only a few minutes. You can change it to as long as your lucid. So that way, it would hopefully give people enough time to experience the feeling of being in another person's shoes and the Dream Character is in yours.
      Last edited by Lang; 09-01-2016 at 06:42 PM.

LD Count
      Like a lot
      Florida
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Ibeauty View Post
      Whoops!! Sorry about that! Yeah. I meant it for only a few minutes. You can change it to as long as your lucid. So that way, it would hopefully give people enough time to experience the feeling of being in another person's shoes and the Dream Character is in yours.
      Then it's settled. I updated the task description to something less time-sensitive.
      Spaceline, woblybil, gab and 1 others like this.

DreamViews Discord!

gab
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by woblybil View Post
      :
      Will I be the only one to chain again this month -
      You getting clipped too, right?

If anybody lost an appendage and was not suppose to, lemme know.

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by gab View Post
      You getting clipped too, right?

If anybody lost an appendage and was not suppose to, lemme know.
      Yeah dammit, I almost made it but it was just a roadside picture I went into like a billboard sign not a television, I'll write it up anyways

I'll just post it here to save paper.......
      9/01
      4:00pm We were riding bicycles in a strange dystopian landscape when I looked at my feet paddling along like "Fred Flintstone" instead of on the pedals that were not there and I said to another cyclist "This is all just a big F'n dream" Then there was a roadside picture like a hologram or something of what appeared to be a mad, bi-sexual. incestuous, depraved, nasty, orgy with everybody doing everything to everyone and I just rode right on in without a bicycle anymore and got right in the middle of it all. (from here on it got too bad to post) until the end when I was peeing in a bucket and felt a leg jerk and thought "Holy Shit, I'm doing this awake" and jumped wide awake figuring I wizzed the bed but I got lucky
      Last edited by woblybil; 09-02-2016 at 02:51 AM.
      gab, Spaceline, Saizaphod and 1 others like this.

gab
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      Yeah dammit, I almost made it but it was just a roadside picture I went into like a billboard sign not a television, I'll write it up anyways

I'll just post it here to save paper.......
      9/01
      4:00pm We were riding bicycles in a strange dystopian landscape when I looked at my feet paddling along like "Fred Flintstone" instead of on the pedals that were not there and I said to another cyclist "This is all just a big F'n dream" Then there was a roadside picture like a hologram or something of what appeared to be a mad, bi-sexual. incestuous, depraved, nasty, orgy with everybody doing everything to everyone and I just rode right on in without a bicycle anymore and got right in the middle of it all. (from here on it got too bad to post) until the end when I was peeing in a bucket and felt a leg jerk and thought "Holy Shit, I'm doing this awake" and jumped wide awake figuring I wizzed the bed but I got lucky
      OMG that's hilarious. Sooo many ideas you just gave me...

Amateur dreamweaver Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Tagger First Class Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      Samsara
      DJ Entries
      ... until the end when I was peeing in a bucket and felt a leg jerk and thought "Holy Shit, I'm doing this awake" and jumped wide awake figuring I wizzed the bed but I got lucky
      I LOL'ed so hard when I read this! As a guy who is in his 60's and exploits the need to get up once a night ~2:30 - 3:00am to pee by doing a pretty much nightly WILD, I can definitely relate to the fear/concern/belief that I'm pissing in the bed! Funny thing is that peeing, bathrooms and/or urinals are a dream sign for me, and I practice doing RC's every time I whiz in RL in an effort to capitalize on that.
      RelaxAndDream and woblybil like this.

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHelix View Post
      I LOL'ed so hard when I read this! As a guy who is in his 60's and exploits the need to get up once a night ~2:30 - 3:00am to pee by doing a pretty much nightly WILD, I can definitely relate to the fear/concern/belief that I'm pissing in the bed! Funny thing is that peeing, bathrooms and/or urinals are a dream sign for me, and I practice doing RC's every time I whiz in RL in an effort to capitalize on that.
      I fear there may be a law of averages concerning peeing in lucid dreams and some day it will catch up with us
      gab likes this.

Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Populated Wall
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by spellbee2 View Post
      Then it's settled. I updated the task description to something less time-sensitive.
      Thanks again! Good luck, everyone!
      woblybil likes this.

gab
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      Booyah! The tale of 2 tails. http://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/gab/...tm-tail-77358/

Haven't had this much fun in a long time. That includes waking life : D

Tails: Advanced - Accomplished
      Next thing I know I remembered the "grow a tail" and "watch TV" TOTM.

I rejoiced and I remembered post about summoning things by putting hands behind my back and just feeling for the item until it's there. That was right up my alley. I put my hand behind and almost immediately I grabed a hold of a skinny tail. About foot long, very skinny, black, like a rat's tail. For the heck of it, I made the same in the front. When falling asleep thinking about this task, I didn't imagine any tail, maybe just this skinny rat tail. Thinking I will let my mind surprise me with some awesome tail.

Wasn't happy with the back tail, so I squeezed it like you squeezing a sausage out of the casing and it started to grow. It turned out kinda gross, all bumpy and alien looking. But it got much thicker and longer.

What happened next is not suitable for even a disclaimer. Let's just say there were some girls and it was FUN.
      TV: Basic - Fail
      I think it was before or after I heard a sound of TV and remembered the TOTM. I was in the courtyard of some 7? story, older apartment building. I heard TV from few apartments. Went to investigate only to get lost a few times. Once I found a TV but it was off. So no TV task.

Moderator Achievements:
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      I had a non-lucid dream about transforming into an egg but, it wasn't a lucid dream. I do, however, recall of being accused of being an Egg-Harden Criminal.
      gab, woblybil, Patience108 and 1 others like this.

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Completed Basic Task II and Advanced Task I

9/04
      5:30 am. I was up at 3:30 to go to the bathroom and thought about sneaking in a lucid. I quick looked at the Tasks on the computer with a breakfast burrito and a couple Melatonin and back to bed thinking about how to pull off a task and was just up and looking at the TV which is never left on and the movie series "Deadwood" was still playing, I flew right in but it went dark and I went down and down until I yelled "Hey dream, I need my dream guide now" (past task) and slowly it got lighter in a frontier bar of the same movie and there was the beautiful hooker from "Deadwood" TV series that I always wanted and we just went at it right there in the middle of the bar and crap tables until people started getting murdered in there.. I grabbed her wrist and dragged her out the door and across the street to an upstairs hole in a hotel wall I already knew was there and onto a bed above another bar and not in the hotel with the hole in the wall. When we were done I left her there trying to think of more tasks I could pull off and flew out the door to a balcony over the bar and wondered if I could have a tail and looked back over my shoulder and there was my beautiful soft,furry tail like a monkey curling up over my shoulder, I flew out over the bar and hung there on some fixture but people were staring and pointing and some were drawing guns to shoot me down so I jumped down behind the bar looking for a gun for myself but instead I somehow shrunk down to several inches tall and skittered out the door unnoticed. I sort of figured time was running out for me and as soon as I was full size again in the street of mud and horseshit I found myself lying on my own bed again and fumbled for the recorder thinking.
      "WTF,That was too quick"...
      Last edited by woblybil; 09-04-2016 at 11:43 AM. Reason: wrong task numbers

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      377+
      DJ Entries
      Kind of fail at Basic II and Advanced I:

i get lucid and remember the two totms. i move in a flat and know that i will find a television somewhere in the next room. i enter and see a television that is already on. i try to will a chair near me with TK but the chair in the corner is not moving at all. oh a bad sign. TK is something easy for me normally. i somehow seem to lack my dreampowers (i think i had pretty low awareness in this dream - considering that i was drinking and going late to bed its nice to have a lucid at all) i do a swipe gesture and the channel is changing. there is the title of the show. some name then the james bond symbol and a subtitle. i find the title interesting and take a notepad to write it down in the dream to better remember it when waking up... too bad it didnt work. i then watched the show shortly and it finished with a fade out. the dream or atleast some visuals also seem to fade out. i quickly think about the next totm to make the dream prolong. i want to grow a tail. i look at my back and nothing is there. for some reason i decide i need a mirror. i look at a wall and instead of searching for a mirror i feel keen and want to summon it right infront of my eyes. i start visualizing a mirror and a faint frame is showing up at the wall but i cant manage to get it further and to "materialize" the mirror completely. i try to draw one but it wont work and then i try to phase thru the wall into the void but i just phase into the next room. i repeat with another wall and find myself in the void. from here i want to start at my room but when visuals come back i find myself in a similar dreamscape like before. my lucidity fades a little more and for some reason i need to get something out of a chest. someone tries to give it to me but the chest is locked. i think "hey no problem - i can phase out the item right out of the closed chest" and so i do and wake up shortly after.
      Patience108 and woblybil like this.

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries

Be careful of Supplements.

]Following the dream that won the wings was a Semi-Lucid Nightmare,
      Spoiler for Nightmare:

dreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV 3 years registered
      LD Count
      100 +
      Here, Now
      DJ Entries
      Good luck, everyone! I've been way out of focus, but I'm still checking in to see this month's tasks.....just in case.....
      woblybil and Patience108 like this.
      As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.

~ Carl Jung

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Looks like I'm going to Rio...
      woblybil likes this.
      "Oh, boy, sleep! That's where I'm a viking!" - Ralph Wiggum

DV Buddy: OneMoreDreamer

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by gab View Post
      Booyah! The tale of 2 tails. http://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/gab/...tm-tail-77358/

Haven't had this much fun in a long time. That includes waking life : D

Tails: Advanced - Accomplished

TV: Basic - Fail
      With Advanced Task done I why don't you give yourself a wing? I need mischievous friends to fly with

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast