• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Like Tree315Likes

Thread: Monthly Task Off Topic.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Patience108 View Post
      Hi guys did any of you order your sups from Dreamamins ?...or maybe you could check it out see what you think ~ i am in UK, sometimes on the edge of trying something like RelaxAndDream said - hey RelaxAndDream surly we can order from anywhere in the world these days and it gets to us in a week right? Let me know if you do
      Hi Patience108. I am also from the UK. I ordered the Lucid Dreamer supplement where each capsule contains 4mg Galantamine/200mg Choline from Dreamamins(.Com) well over 3 years ago.
      I tried them post-WBTB. They are easy to swallow with water. One capsule however was sufficient for me where I had an 80 to 90% success rate I would say (and that is being conservative)! I would definitely buy some more of them. The big downer is you have to pay a custom charge at our end which was about £12 - £14? I cannot quite remember. I waited about 3 or so weeks for delivery.

Check out my dream journal on the left and click 'search by tab' and enter the word galantamine.
      Even after the 2 year shelf life I still had lucid experiences from them. In fact I have still got some left as I have not been able to experiment since due to being at uni now.

I would have to wait at least a week before taking one due to the half-life, etc. I never, ever tried two in one session as I think I would have been bouncing off the walls and re-writing the akashic book of records in the process.

The galantamine (according to the label) is extracted from the red spider lilly. It is suitable for vegaterians.
      Manufactured for Advance Dream Nutrition (the company).

I don't know if anybody else on here has tried them since?

Any questions, ask or PM me.
      Last edited by Highlander; 11-06-2016 at 07:02 PM.
      "Reject culture..." "Put the Art pedal to the metal!"
      - Terence McKenna

Executive Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Obfusc8 and you Worblybil got me thinking about AP aswell and I worked on it this morning a bit ( not with your level of success though - inspiring! )- they say you have to work on a practice every day then it can start to become more natural. It is my intention to start working it in to my mornings now again now as it's such an impowering way to travel Do you travel much this way?
      I'm not so adept at traveling as I used to be, Like anything else, If you don't use you lose it!
      It used to be I could just go!!! I did a lot of study from different Monks here and there..Mainly by "Samuel Weun" somewhere in the Andes Mtn's I think.(I don't find him now) I got really good at traveling most of the Astral Planes from the dark places up through water and Cloud and at handling the various Demons one encounters on the way.. Good Luck!

Ps: I usually do that kind of stuff right off when I first go to bed, Like last nights Lucid Dream was right off the first dream and from there they went downhill...
      I used to do an AP going out thru a vortex then find a nice soft pink place like a cloud to nap on and when I woke up from the AP nap it was in a Lucid Dream..
      Last edited by woblybil; 11-06-2016 at 09:59 PM.
      Highlander, gab and Patience108 like this.
      What other people think of you is none of your business

Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Hi guys did any of you order your sups from Dreamamins ?...or maybe you could check it out see what you think ~ i am in UK, sometimes on the edge of trying something like RelaxAndDream said - hey RelaxAndDream surly we can order from anywhere in the world these days and it gets to us in a week right? Let me know if you do

Anyway cheers to the overflow thread and the totm thread

Oh yes about crankiness - oh yeah I really feel it when I don't get one a week - sometimes get a couple a week and sometimes goes into 2 weeks depending on what going on in life - that LD keeps me good every time ...it really is a mood stabiliser
      I'm not so crabby now after the last lucid so I did some looking around, Heres what I found about Galantamine in the UK.
      From Google! Where Can I Buy Galantamine in the UK?
      Although UK residents are allowed to buy and use the dietary supplement Galantamine, it seems surprisingly difficult to find a reliable source for it within the country.

Many residents of the UK who use Galantamine, choose to purchase their supply from reputable online nootropic stores located in the USA. We recommend ordering in quantities equaling a 30-90 day supply to facilitate its passage through customs.
      I ordered Galantamine from "Amazon" here in the States, 90 pills 4mg for I think about $29.00 American..You may or may not have to pay extra shipping. I usually get things I order from UK in less than a week..
      I wont buy dream anything from dream anyone.. We don't need middlemen getting rich off our fun.
      Last edited by woblybil; 11-06-2016 at 10:59 PM.
      gab and Patience108 like this.

gab
      Administrator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      Hi guys!

I have never tried the galantamine mixes from Dreamamins. I guess I'm reluctant, because I'm not sure how exact is their ratio of ingredients in the capsules. This is not based on any facts, only my personal feeling.

But I did try the GalantaMind from Life Enhancement from Amazon. These are capsules which are possible to swallow with water. This is a mix of galantamine and choline, and I think B5.

Last time I got pure galantamine from Relentless Improvement and this is what I'm still using now. These are tiny, lentil sized white tablets. Price was much better than galantamind and they are so much easier to swallow. Ofc now I need extra choline, but I did supplement that anyway, because GalantaMind didn't have enough of it in it. Plus, now I use Alpha GPC type of choline instead of regular choline that comes mixed in with Galantamind.

My alpha GPC is from company called NOW, with those orange labels. Also from amazon. These are capsules. I so wish I found this in tablets as well.

I have had a pretty good success with GalantaMind and choline salts. But with this new, pure galantamine from relentless improvement, so far I'm having 100% success. I can't give all the credit for this to this GM, or even to GM or supplements in general.

Since I was taking GalantaMind, I have changed my frequency, type of choline, and time of day when I WILD. I also changed at what time I take GM and choline. Also, I think I have finetuned my method so I fall asleep every time and get lucid.

As a disclaimer to those only starting out with LDing, supplements are not a miracle fix that gets us lucid every time. Before I started using this latest galantamine, I used to get one hour or longer, 5-7 chain DEILDs without any supplements. Then I turned to GM, when I started doing night shifts and my favorite method of morning nap WILDs was shot to hell. Now I have only one day off so I'm using GM to be sure to get lucid. Coz cranky, lucidless gab is no fun.

And it looks like I'm going to start day shifts instead of early morning shifts I'm doing now, so hopefully my morning naps are coming back in all their glory. Hail to the lords of lucid dreams!

Happy lucids and non lucids, everybody!

PS
      Woblybil, I would love to hear about your AP travels. I have been trying to get into it. Then I learned that how I WILD may be OBEs. But I'll be damned if I know : ( And I would LOVE to know.

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by gab View Post
      PS
      Woblybil, I would love to hear about your AP travels. I have been trying to get into it. Then I learned that how I WILD may be OBEs. But I'll be damned if I know : ( And I would LOVE to know.
      You can get to AP by the same technique as WILD but there the similarity ends most of the time, It is very easy to fall asleep at the exact time of transition and you must stay awake..Your intention is a trance, (Self Hypnosis) If you must know try an RC! I always try an RC when I dream but I have never had to with an OBE! I think it might tell you if it's an AP but you should recognize the differences anyways. If you run into any bad demons stand your ground, They usually dissipate about 25 feet away, If not, Call out for "Me" They normally scatter when i'm coming

It's as many different things to as many different people also..

ps: Also do not jump down the hole in the ground on your first trial run
      Last edited by woblybil; 11-07-2016 at 06:53 AM.
      Patience108 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Tagger First Class 1 year registered
      LD Count
      187✨
      Now
      DJ Entries
      @Highlander ~ thanks a million for the tips I enjoyed reading your DJ and looks like you had a good study of the galantamine/choline mix - it worked well for you I see. Nice to see your in the UK too

@Woblybil ~ cheers Wob ! Your such a dark horse with the years of experience etc ~ fascinating! Could you tell us more about your AP techniques and what u advise etc and more about your training would be cool!

@gab ~ thanks for info on G. I am still hanging back on it just now but as I am a slow learner in he sense of taking in info it's a process of me gathering the low down on the subject until I may give it a try
      Highlander and woblybil like this.
      Love to be lucid

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal
      DJ Entries
      @Patience108. No problem. Thanks/I will have to take a peek at your DJ too. It is a pity that I don't have the time to experiment no more like I used to. With the supplements I reckon that I could halve the dosage and it would still work well.
      However, seeing you have a lot of experience already I would have thought you would be ok with a G/C supplement. I never really had any real side effects from what I remember.
      If you do ever try it then do a small test to make sure you are not allergic, or have a bad reaction to any of the ingredients; as dream-amazon-ims, et al aside, I think the vast majority of it is manufactured in China at source, so they are all middlemen.

Although at first, when using galantamine I found it 'scary' even after having previous lucid dream experiences without galantamine. (For example, being pulled out of the room at speed, backwards, or flying downstairs head first in the dark with high awareness, or hearing really loud music, etc).

I agree with Gab about beginners (with no ld experience) and galantamine supplements in regard that rather than the quick fix, it could actually put you off as some experiences can be a bit overwhelming for the unprepared.
      Last edited by Highlander; 11-07-2016 at 06:33 PM.
      woblybil and Patience108 like this.
      "Reject culture..." "Put the Art pedal to the metal!"
      - Terence McKenna

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      5-HTP is another, I used it (50mg fast dissolve) with the Galantamine and it seemed to counteract the inherent insomnia problem with the G. That was the first time, This time I used only the 5-HTP before a nap.. HTP is Tryptophan, The turkey sleepy stuff.

An election day dream..
      3:00pm A 5-HTP Nap:
      I was on a large yacht full of politicians going into hiding until elections were over for fear of being murdered. The yacht traveled up a fijord to hide but there were raider ships looking for it. I was flying around at some altitude spotting them and warning the yacht captain by flying back to it. Finally I needed a short rest and took a bed belonging to a politician with a girl attendant but I fell asleep.
      When I got up I sort of spread the blankets back over the girl and went up a passage toward the fantail and was going to fly up to the next deck where the people were but then I turned back and went up a stairs ,
      I talked with them a minute and then the captain wanted me to find a safe way back out of there and I took off flying low at first over the water but needed more altitude and went high to scout out a route, There seemed to be a narrow channel along near shore with big rocks between it and the open water so I went back down low to investigate. A heavy outflow from the channel over the rocks seemed like a perfect defense against the hunters ships so I flew back low to avoid dectection, Finally back on board and after reporting the new route to the Captain and passengers I found another bunk and laid down on it but woke up in IRL...
      Even with all the flying I dont recall ever becoming actually lucid..

Aparently 5-HTP, Although I used it with Galantamine to help me sleep and it worked, It does not seem to be the big thing for sex dreams
      Last edited by woblybil; 11-09-2016 at 03:58 AM. Reason: 50 mg 5-HTP..Not 100mg

DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      5-HTP makes me feel like crap, I tossed mine after just a few uses. I think I was taking 100mg but don't recall for sure.
      woblybil likes this.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Populated Wall 1000 Hall Points Tagger First Class 1 year registered
      LD Count
      187✨
      Now
      DJ Entries
      Htp not a winner for me on some past tries - gives me an edgy sort of feeling anyway I am trying here to get back into a doze after wbtb but caught some live news can it be true!

My heart sinks for the world nation or what was ...anyway let's dream on
      woblybil and Serene like this.
      Love to be lucid

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Htp not a winner for me on some past tries - gives me an edgy sort of feeling anyway I am trying here to get back into a doze after wbtb but caught some live news can it be true!

My heart sinks for the world nation or what was ...anyway let's dream on
      Everybody is different I guess, The Galantamine doesn't seem to keep me awake either but I think the mainspring is broken in my Circadian Clock...
      And I hope your heart recovers fast, We need wings out here...I hate flying alone
      Last edited by woblybil; 11-09-2016 at 10:56 PM.
      Patience108 likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      377+
      DJ Entries
      i dont dare to write gab about the fact that i again have not my orange name and called member instead of completed basic and adv. task
      woblybil, Patience108 and Serene like this.

Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      187✨
      Now
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by RelaxAndDream View Post
      i dont dare to write gab about the fact that i again have not my orange name and called member instead of completed basic and adv. task
      Aaah Hehehe
      woblybil and RelaxAndDream like this.
      Love to be lucid

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      WoW! Out of 89,087 members there are 5 online and only one I recognize, I can't even raise a bot..Is the chat broken? Are the bots broken? Am I cracked?
      Last edited by woblybil; 11-13-2016 at 02:46 PM.

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries

Sure is lonesome out here.

Ps: My only lucid dream for days
      http://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/wobl...id-week-78668/
      Last edited by woblybil; 11-20-2016 at 08:00 PM.
      Highlander likes this.

gab
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by RelaxAndDream View Post
      No need to be scared. I only bite if you want me to

Srs, please VM or PM me, ping me in chat, anything that gives me red notification is a good thing. I prefer that to realizing days later that I have forgotten someone's wings. That's unforgivable!

And I noticed you guys are saying for which wings you are asking for in the "join lucid task club" request. Saying Basic, Advanced or Bonus saves me tons of time researching which is which and I can just go straight to wings section.

Now about the software. Sometimes user groups clash and colors or names are not given properly. I'm doing my best, but if I don't notice that something is screwy, please do let me know.

Ok, now to something more pleasant. Do you guys have any idea how to promote TOTMs some more? I think this is great motivational tool, not to mention tons of fun. It would be awesome if more people joined. Any thoughts on this?

Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries

Srs, please VM or PM me, ping me in chat, anything that gives me red notification is a good thing. I prefer that to realizing days later that I have forgotten someone's wings. That's unforgivable!

And I noticed you guys are saying for which wings you are asking for in the "join lucid task club" request. Saying Basic, Advanced or Bonus saves me tons of time researching which is which and I can just go straight to wings section.

Now about the software. Sometimes user groups clash and colors or names are not given properly. I'm doing my best, but if I don't notice that something is screwy, please do let me know.

Ok, now to something more pleasant. Do you guys have any idea how to promote TOTMs some more? I think this is great motivational tool, not to mention tons of fun. It would be awesome if more people joined. Any thoughts on this?

I don't know if the BB software allows for it but if there there were some "brief announcements" area at the top of each screen (there is certainly room for it looking at the average forum header), it could cycle between various "time sensitive" activities like TOTM & competitions/challenges announcements. I only by accident discovered the 12 days of Christmas challenge which has been up for almost 2 weeks now just last night.
      gab, woblybil and RelaxAndDream like this.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries

I will just have to go back to work I guess:
      Generally when things get slow I go trolling (when I have wings) on some other threads and mention the Task Club when they ask how I got those snazzy wings..
      yddd:
      gab likes this.

gab
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      Yes to the announcements and Yes to trolling in name of TOTMs. Maybe I'll put it in my signature too.

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      I'm sort of confused about the lucid task of the year thing. Is that for completing one TOTY or all of them? How long do the wings last?

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by FryingMan View Post
      I'm sort of confused about the lucid task of the year thing. Is that for completing one TOTY or all of them? How long do the wings last?
      They'll last about 26 days

Oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal Tagger First Class Veteran Second Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      70+
      Here
      DJ Entries
      I think many more people would have the TOTY badge if only one TOTY had to be completed.
      "Dream look real, but they're in your mind, so you realize that the physical world is also a construction, which shows that the mind can affect reality in more ways than you can imagine." ~Stephen Laberge

LD Count
      DJ Entries
      OK, I see, we've just been inundated with awesome LDers suddenly who can whip out TOTY in a few days. I stopped reading the TOTY thread because there was so little traffic there usually. I was just surprised to see so many TOTY badges pop up all of a sudden. Wow, congrats!
      Last edited by FryingMan; 12-06-2016 at 09:08 AM.

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      We need a different badge for "Task Of The Year" .....I remember we talked about that before and somebody came up with a lavender or rainbow wing but there may be no room for it..
      No way to work for wings after that, Takes all the fun out!
      That's why I never really try for the bonus until the others are done.
      Last edited by woblybil; 12-06-2016 at 02:20 PM.

gab
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by woblybil View Post
      We need a different badge for "Task Of The Year" ..... No way to work for wings after that, Takes all the fun out?
      That's why I never really try for the bonus until the others are done
      This was already on the table once before. I think Dreamer made a rainbow colored wings for bonus TOTM. I can PM her and ask if she would let us use it. And then we need one more for the TOTY. So that way every Task has it's wings. Because now, when you do Bonus, you get nothing for Basic or Advanced, and vice versa. And the TOTY.

What do you guys think? Do you have any graphics we could use for wings? Then we decide which ones to ask Swake to upload.

And yes, Monthly wings last only till the end of that month, and Yearly till end of that year. So those who get them earlier keep them longer, and those who make them towards the end, get to keep them for shorter : ( If you guys can figure out a better system, we could discuss. We need to alert Percy to this and I'll let the other staff know.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast