• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Like Tree185Likes

Thread: Task of the Month for December 2016

Executive Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by gab View Post
      Attempted 3 TOTMs this morning.
      Advanced TOTM - Spin around and teleport yourself to a random location. - fail
      Advanced TOTM - Lift a car with super strength and carry it somewhere. - fail. I forgot to carry it somewhere.
      BONUS TASK - Go into a room and close the door. Tell yourself that while you were in the room, time stopped for you, but continued to advance outside of the room and it's now 100 years into the future. Describe what the future is like! - success

Spoiler for totms:

http://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/gab/...totm-ii-79053/
      Sounds like you're on a roll.
      Nice wings too
      gab likes this.
      What other people think of you is none of your business

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class

LD Count
      A lot
      DJ Entries
      Failed the Advanced Task i last night. I'm going to keep trying though, those shiny new wings have really motivated me!
      Spoiler for Relevant Part of Failed Advanced Task i:

Full Dream
      Advanced ToTM Fail - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views
      Last edited by OneMoreDreamer; 12-14-2016 at 12:07 AM.
      gab and woblybil like this.

gab
      Administrator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreDreamer View Post
      Failed the Advanced Task i last night. I'm going to keep trying though, those shiny new wings have really motivated me!
      Mhm!

Quote Originally Posted by woblybil View Post
      Sounds like you're on a roll.
      Nice wings too
      These cool new wings are a great motivator, but they made me forget all about my usual

Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Mhm!

These cool new wings are a great motivator, but they made me forget all about my usual
      You missed a night? I did too but I blame the weather
      Last edited by woblybil; 12-14-2016 at 01:10 AM.
      gab likes this.

Intrepid Explorer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      LD Count
      ~312
      DJ Entries
      Spoiler for basic ii fail:

I can't believe I was looking for a firelighter!
      gab, woblybil and Saizaphod like this.
      Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Populated Wall
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      Finished: http://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/ibea...13-2016-79055/

Spoiler for succuss Basic Task ii succuss::

Spoiler for Advanced Task i, succuss::
      gab, woblybil and Saizaphod like this.

DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Another task-y LD, did first 3 "12 days of Christmas" challenge, but again couldn't remember any TOTMs. My approach for "maids a-milkin'" was true to form

12 days of Christmas LD
      woblybil, Saizaphod and fogelbise like this.
      FryingMan's Unified Theory of Lucid Dreaming: Pay Attention, Reflect, Recall -- Both Day and Night[link]
      FryingMan's Dream Recall Tips -- Awesome Links
      “No amount of security is worth the suffering of a mediocre life chained to a routine that has killed your dreams.”
      "...develop stability in awareness and your dreams will change in extraordinary ways" -- TYoDaS

Him
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      A lot
      DJ Entries
      Compteted the last advanced task (car) in a lucid nightmare. Not fun or worth suffering to complete a task over. I ended up carrying the car into the sky before dying to a nuclear bomb.

Basement world with time skips. Lucid nightmare - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries

Spoiler for advanced task II fail:
      ~My lucid count is since October 31st, 2016!~

Moderator Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Huge Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Populated Wall
      LD Count
      WHY DO YOU CARE
      DJ Entries
      Keep up the great work, everyone!!
      woblybil, fogelbise and zombunny like this.

Dream Guide - DVA Teacher Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      1090+ sncFeb'13
      'Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.'
      DJ Entries
      Love the new wings! Great work to whoever's responsible! They attracted me like a moth to the flame. I completed the spinning task because it sounded fun and I hadn't tried spinning in a while. Now I might be eager to try for some of those other wing colors, especially the rainbow one (TOTY I think?).

The lucid with the TOTM completed:

Spoiler for TOTM spinning success:

I've missed this thread. Been busy in the workbooks and life and had been only doing my personal lucid goals, and somewhat luke-warmly at that. Maybe those new wings will give a boost to my goal setting.

http://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/foge...er-2016-79090/

Whoa, I got those wings fast! It's not automated is it?
      Last edited by fogelbise; 12-16-2016 at 01:43 AM. Reason: add "whoa"
      gab, woblybil, Saizaphod and 2 others like this.

gab
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Populated Wall Huge Dream Journal Referrer Silver Tagger First Class 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by fogelbise View Post
      Love the new wings! Great work to whoever's responsible! They attracted me like a moth to the flame. I completed the spinning task because it sounded fun and I hadn't tried spinning in a while. Now I might be eager to try for some of those other wing colors, especially the rainbow one (TOTY I think?).
      Yeey, fogelbise is here! Congrats on your Advanced task.

New wings are awesome, we love them. Spellbee is responsible, haha. Here they are all in their glory http://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-month-year/162375-congrats-toty-achievers-full-stack-totm-achievers.html

EDIT:
      Ofc it's automated. iSee post, iWing

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      DJ Entries
      Did the bonus task. In the future I saw, they had converted to wind power and most of the houses were windmills. They had flying bicycles with sails too!

Spoiler for TOTM Bonus: The future:

So is that a "full stack" or do I need the other basic and advanced tasks? (I'm just happy to have all the awesome wings!)
      woblybil and RelaxAndDream like this.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      377+
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by obfusc8 View Post
      Did the bonus task. In the future I saw, they had converted to wind power and most of the houses were windmills. They had flying bicycles with sails too!

Spoiler for TOTM Bonus: The future:

So is that a "full stack" or do I need the other basic and advanced tasks? (I'm just happy to have all the awesome wings!)
      congratulation. sounds like a nice lucid you had.
      for the stacking: at the moment you just need one basic and advanced so you should be good

i also got a coin similar to you when i asked for ring to make better fireballs (it worked like a charm in this one dream^^)

i tried to think of the bonus totm this night. i had a full on dream where i tried and summoned different fireballs and effects out of my hand but no spark of lucidity at all.. .
      gab and woblybil like this.

Him
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      A lot
      DJ Entries
      7 lucids, one night, all remaining tasks: 7 lucids in a night - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Beat my personal best of 5 in one night.

Is 2 basic 2 advanced and a bonus a full stack?
      woblybil likes this.

gab
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Him View Post
      7 lucids, one night, all remaining tasks: 7 lucids in a night - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Pls. post pertinent parts here too.

Him
      Member Achievements:
      LD Count
      A lot
      DJ Entries
      Pls. post pertinent parts here too.
      Lighting a house dream
      The female DC opened her pocket on her jacket and a paper came out and folded into the shape of a house. I was surprised as I haven't seen something like that before. The male DC said snap your hands and I did. The origami house burst into a blue flame. I asked why I did that and he responded "it's your task of the month, you just have one more basic but I'm not sure what it is". I was so shocked that I woke up. After waking up, I checked the forums to see what the missing ToTM was and saw that it was see what you can eat at a buffet. I will try to complete that one whenever i can.
      Buffet dream:
      I see someone familiar but he isn't a friend. He is the white haired kid from lucid dream one, the one I don't remember well. I remembered it better in the dream and that's why I knew he wasn't a good person. After seeing him, I became lucid. I saw he carried a sword like mine, and asked him where he was going. He replied looking for a friend, just like you. He then requested to use my phone and I let him. I also knew that I should attempt the last ToTM this dream. After putting the phone to his ear, he said "they aren't picking up, they must be dead. Catch you later." He then walks away. At that, I hurry, sword in hand gliding through the mall to the food court. I go to a Chinese buffet restaurant and ask what I can eat. The lunch lady who was taking my order said "nothing for a dreamer without an identity". I look at my phone and see that the lock screen has been replaced by a blood red picture of a red butterfly with its wing fallen off
      gab, woblybil and Lang like this.

gab
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      I just found this by chance. Lets do iiiit. Put up your ideas and vote, vote, vote!

http://www.dreamviews.com/lucid-task...ty-2017-a.html

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Him View Post

How I long for the days when I did things like that

Member Achievements:
      Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Huge Dream Journal Stickie King 25000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

LD Count
      The Astral Realm
      DJ Entries
      Those who have wings, please go and vote for January´s ToTM!!!

You can do it clicking here

Please: Remember to not add dashes, or difficulty rank (basic, advanced, bonus). Just add the suggestion plain as it is easier for us to process it!

Since we have a lot of suggestions and maybe you have already an idea what to vote, I am adding to the following spoiler the NEW ideas suggested this month, in case you change your opinion:

Spoiler for Latest December 2016 Suggestions:
      Click the door... and welcome to my dream world!

Lucid Dreaming: Natural - Lucid Dreamer since I was a kid.
      Astral Projection ~ Farthest reached: The Pleiades Star System.

Official Dreamviews Toty 7 Lucid Tasks Challenges

Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Georgia, USA
      DJ Entries
      I did Basic I last night (I hope this counts):

I remember that the current task of the month is to find a buffet. I picture a table full of food in a hallway, open the door, and go out. I do end up in a hallway, but there's no food. The hallway dead-ends to my right at another picture window, so I follow it around a corner to my left. I see an open doorway to my left and a stairwell (going down) to my right. ... Turning around, I see that there's now a plastic card table set up between a new doorway and the stair railing. Some of my kids are arranging bags of candy on it. It's not quite the buffet I'd been planning on, but it's still a table full of food, so I think it's close enough.
      Full journal
      gab, woblybil and naturespirit like this.
      [36] DILD [0] WILD [0] DEILD
      Goals:[*] Fly [ ] Swim and feel wet [ ] Throw a fireball
      My dream journal

gab
      LD Count
      306 events
      California Republic
      DJ Entries
      Advanced - lift a car and carry it - success

3. - Same city, over some highways and freeways partially suspended in the air. I'm watching cars pass by when I remember the TOTM - lift a car and carry it somewhere.

I stop a yellow car with my hand up and I pick it up with my hands. It turns into a radio, so I put it on my shoulder and listen to the music while I go and pick up some more cars. I lift one up and put it on a tractor trailer that's near by, so it still goes somewhere after I stopped it, haha. The driver looking at me is Tom Cruise.
      I pick up few more cars, same way by standing in front of them and lifting them with my hands. They are weightless. I move them around a bit and put them down. Just as I practiced during day, haha.
      December TOTM - Lift and carry a car - success - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Did you guys notice your new wings with more prominent stars? Spellbee knocked them out yesterday : D
      Also, new Beginner wings http://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-mont...achievers.html

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Advanced - lift a car and carry it - success

3. - Same city, over some highways and freeways partially suspended in the air. I'm watching cars pass by when I remember the TOTM - lift a car and carry it somewhere.

December TOTM - Lift and carry a car - success - Dream Journals - Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Did you guys notice your new wings with more prominent stars? Spellbee knocked them out yesterday : D
      Also, new Beginner wings http://www.dreamviews.com/tasks-mont...achievers.html
      So that's what you meant, I thought you were just bragging about YOUR new wings
      Are regulars allowed to get beginner wings too ?
      Last edited by woblybil; 12-23-2016 at 02:33 AM.
      gab likes this.

LD Count
      I don't know
      Up-State New York
      DJ Entries
      Merry Christmas everybody

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      377+
      DJ Entries

Completed Bonus task

I was able to see some future. I think I will redo the task if I get lucid again this month because it seems interesting and I think it can be more prominent.

I did it twice but it only worked once
      Spoiler for bonus task:

Here the DJ entry

I like the new new wings nice to see that the stars are more clear now. I thought that no one read my comment in the off topic thread

And I think I qualified for full stack wings yay... :-)
      Last edited by RelaxAndDream; 12-25-2016 at 12:52 AM.
      woblybil likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast