• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree7Likes
    • 5 Post By Sageous
    • 2 Post By <span class='glow_0000FF'>Cobalt Storm</span>

Thread: WILDs always start in bed, can't get out.

Lurker Achievements:
      6 months registered

WILDs always start in bed, can't get out.

I woke up after 5 hours and went back to bed. I went through 2 rounds of sleep paralysis. After the second, the vibrations and the sounds stopped suddenly. I was still back in my room in the dark. I reality checked and failed. So I'm dreaming, but I found it immensely hard to move. I tried to say "I'm dreaming" but it barely came out as a mumble. I RC'd again and passed. This same scenario has happened twice. I never really have strong visual hypnogogia so I can't just pop into the dream. How can I get out of bed next time?

For the record, I haven't had any lucid dreams yet except these two wimpy ones.

Also, I was very unemotional when I failed the RC, so excitement shouldn't have woke me up.

Him
      Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      A lot
      DJ Entries
      I rarely try to move. I'd simply float out of bed and ignore the blankets. If you find you can't move, you don't have to. There are other ways.

Ghost Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Sometimes I can't move or see, when I become lucid. I remind myself that nothing can hinder me in a dream, since I'm not actually using my eyes or physically moving. This usually helps. Another way I deal with the issue is "reframing" the problem to be part of the dream. For example, once I believed the darkness was just a bubble around me. I moved out of it and saw again.

Just take a deep breath and float out of bed, like Him said. There's absolutely nothing that can stop you.

high mileage oneironaut Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Stickie King Populated Wall Referrer Silver 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      40 + Yrs' Worth
      Here & Now
      ^^ That.

The thing to remember when in that moment, SpiritStairway, is that when dreaming you have no body, period.

If you find it hard to move, it could be because you are still a little too attached to your physical body. Let it go; try to assure yourself that there is no place for your physical body in your dream, and try to decide that you will move with a thought, and not a physical process.

In other words, don't think about getting your body out of bed. Instead, think of getting your Self into a new dream scene.

Oh, and if you find yourself waking up after, say, making an effort to move your dream body, it could be that you were very close to waking when the LD occurred (this happens very often, BTW), and your actual body respnded to your requests to move by waking up (thus making it easier to move, physically)... and, of course, if you are still attached to your physical body, this issue will be more likely to happen.
      Sensei, TravisE, ThreeCat and 2 others like this.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      A few now!
      England
      DJ Entries
      In the little WILDS I have had (more of a DILD guy), if I am in a position where I can't move or cannot see anything, I will try to conjure a different scene where I am not in bed and not laying down, usually this helps to some degree.

I agree with Sageous about not thinking about your body, it will only draw more focus to it and thus cause you to wake up (possibly in SP).

ex-Lucario Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_0000FF'>Cobalt Storm</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      1412+
      Equestria
      DJ Entries
      Try this: Imagine a metal bar in front of you that is secured to a winch. Grab the bar and imagine the wench pulling it along with you as you hang on. Or, imagine a giant clamp that grabs your torso, and is connected to a winch. All you have to do here is let the machinery drag you out of your body.
      powder

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Reno, Nevada, United States
      DJ Entries
      Funny, this exact thing happened to me last night. For some reason I KNEW that the room I was in wasn't my bedroom so I did the reality check (failed), knew I was lucid dreaming, but for some reason felt extremely exhausted and couldn't see very well... I even shouted things to try and change it but nothing happened. Will try Jacob's tip next time it happens .

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      300+
      Indiana
      It's only happened a few times during lucid dreams, but I have had many non-lucid dreams like this. Usually when I'm trying to move I'm staggering everywhere or I suddenly am almost completely paralyzed. If I try to talk, barely a mumble gets out. I've classically seen it referred to as dream drunkenness in the past, here on DV.

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points 3 years registered
      LD Count
      300+
      4th Moon of Jupiter
      DJ Entries
      Hi im Ezzo - the reluctant DEILD expert

When you feel the vibrations, you are in a transitional stage from waking consciousness into REM sleep / dreamworld. This may take a few seconds or may come in several 'waves'. If you try to 'separate' during the transition then you may move your physical body. Instead wait until the vibrations have stopped - you will now have gone from a waking stage into a dream stage. DO NOT perform a reality check yet! Just get up and out of bed and THEN perform a reality check. Theres no point in performing a nose plug whilst laying in bed, get out first. I hope this helps
      The Biggest Risk in Life is to Never Take One

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Made Friends on DV Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by CloudOFmichael View Post
      Funny, this exact thing happened to me last night. For some reason I KNEW that the room I was in wasn't my bedroom so I did the reality check (failed), knew I was lucid dreaming, but for some reason felt extremely exhausted and couldn't see very well... I even shouted things to try and change it but nothing happened. Will try Jacob's tip next time it happens .
      I had a similar thing the other night where my eyes felt really heavy, and they closed and the scene went black. I remembered a suggestion on here to prise open my dream eyes with my dream fingers and it worked.

I like the idea about having a winch to pull you up. Maybe you could imagine one of those orthopaedic beds that tips you up and out as well!