Thread: Starting over

【Beginner Oneironaut🐺】 Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      (1)
      I'm on my bed 🛏
      DJ Entries

Starting over

Everything was fine for me when I first started with lucid dreaming, I was learning things step by step and slowly moving forward, but then I forgot about lucid dreaming and I decided to get back to it later on (after months). However, I learned too much information about lucid dreaming from top to bottom that I don't know where to start anymore, my mind is cluttered with all this information and I can't get a grasp of what to do. If anyone has any tips or advice, please tell me.

༺Lucid dreams count [1]༻
      (~˘▾˘)~*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *~(˘▾˘~)
      〚My dream goals ⸦click here⸧〛

Oneironaut Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      New beginning!
      My bedroom
      DJ Entries
      I know exactly how you feel!
      I've been on and off with lucid dreaming several times with months in between.
      I've also felt like I had a bit of information overflow and not knowing where would be the very best place to start.

I've found the solution to be:
      If you're in doubt like this, then start 'completely' over.
      Re-read some of the beginner guides. It will clear a lot of confusion, and you might learn new things you didn't fully understand the first time.
      Also, to increase motivation and get you well going ASAP, go make a workbook at the academy!
      I got back here just 4 days ago and I have a very active workbook in the DILD academy. It has helped a lot so far.

I hope you get back into it, for it is surely worth it!
      Simax likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 10000 Hall Points
      the Pacific Ocean
      DJ Entries
      The first thing to do is get in the habit of experiencing dreams while you are sleeping. You must be experiencing a dream to have a lucid dream, and each dream you experience has a chance to become a lucid dream, so the more dreams you experience, the more chances you get to lucid dream. Experiencing more dreams while sleeping involves making your dreams more important to you. Try to get to the point where you experience at least an average of 2-3 dreams/night before moving on.

The next thing to do is get yourself to think about dreaming during the dreams you experience. During a dream you are experiencing, the thought of dreaming must come across your mind in some way to become lucid. This involves incubating a dream where you think about dreaming, associating something you tend to think during dreams with dreaming, and/or learning the difference in experience between dreams and waking life.

If thinking of dreaming during dreams doesn't lead to lucid dreams, then the next thing to do is to get rid of obstacles that are getting in the way. This could involve increasing self-awareness, or increasing confidence/trust in yourself, and/or learning to better tell the difference between dreams and waking life.
      GameGamer and TravisE like this.

【Beginner Oneironaut🐺】 Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      (1)
      I'm on my bed 🛏
      DJ Entries
      Thank you for your reply @HansiElneff, but i still didn't understand what the work book is about.
      Last edited by Mazerg; 07-17-2017 at 02:38 PM.

༺Lucid dreams count [1]༻
      (~˘▾˘)~*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ*:・゚✧ ✧゚・: *~(˘▾˘~)
      〚My dream goals ⸦click here⸧〛

Oneironaut Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      New beginning!
      My bedroom
      DJ Entries
      A workbook is a thread you make in the academy. You introduce yourself and then post about your progress, and then the instructors who are responsible for that academy will comment to guide you to what you should do.

You can read more about it here and here