• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By DoctorYikes

Thread: Do people in comma live in a dream?

lucid dream

Do people in comma live in a dream?

i cant imagine more than a week dreaming, sooo cool, and feeling that a loot of time goes on.

"you should love way more than you hate"-50cent

YEA!

The Inceptor Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Canada
      I can't remember who i asked but they said they don't because the brainwaves are so slow to produce the amount of energy for dreaming.
      An Idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite all the rules.

DEILD: 3
      DILD: 1

DJ Entries
      heehee. sorry but the title made me laugh. people in a comma? i do wonder what its like to live in a comma, or a semicolon, or even a period!

but i heard that people in a coma cant hear anything in reality. even if people are talking to them or if a nuclear war goes off.
      i think they are in blackness, just blackness. trying to find their way out
      DDK3-3
      Adopted: Ska
      MyDreamJournal

Arizona
      I wonder if it is like regular sleep, in that it feels like it goes by instantly... or if your stuck in blackness while still feeling time go by normally.

Haha. Hehe. Achievements:
      Made Friends on DV 1 year registered 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      New Zea-la-land
      This is very very interesting and I have no clue about this.. but I think that when people wake up, they don't remember having been in a coma. So that might imply that while they're in one they're not aware of any dreams or blackness.

maybe they are in what some people call LIMBO LAND! u know that place u see that is total darkness in a dream that only happens in between dreams....i dont know i guess its too hand to explain
      "..it's bad anough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage but no they get your dreams for free."

Sydney
      Time for a short story.
      In the book, "The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep" (i think thats right, it was written by a Tibetan) the writer mentions about the stage that they try to achieve after lucid dreams, which is called clear light sleep. It is described as being pure consciousness, without any input from your senses (which includes imagination). He says that its one those things that cannot be described accurately, that you know it after you experience it, sort of like trying to explain an orgasm to someone who's never had one.
      Later on i was reading a book with a really long name which was also about lucid dreaming. It talked a lot about the applications of lucid dreaming eg composing music, drawing, sport, problem solving etc.
      One of the really interesting cases it mentions was a man who was involved in a serious accident and fell into a coma. He was very badly injured and the doctors said he would be paralysed for the rest of his life.
      When he eventually awakened from his coma, he described how he was just conscious (similar to the state described in the former book) and how he used that state to help repair his body, eventually overcoming his paralysis.
      /end rant

England
      well that guy in Poland who recently came out of a coma said that he could hear everything but couldnt speak. So im really not sure whatgoes on, i guess it depends on the type of coma.
      My kitty Wooole!, i love you julan!!!!

"EVERY TIME MASTURBATION KILLS, GOD TURNS YOU INTO A KITTEN!!!"

Banned
      They aren't even close to dreaming. There was a cool article about it in Scientific American. They are so deep in the subconscious they can't dream, you can't even dream during general anesthetic.

Happy Nightmares... Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1 year registered Tagger First Class Made Friends on DV Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      The Boiler Room
      DJ Entries
      heehee. sorry but the title made me laugh. people in a comma? i do wonder what its like to live in a comma, or a semicolon, or even a period!
      Lol, I thought the same thing!

But to answer the question, it MIGHT depend on how deep of a coma they are in. Obviously I'm not a doctor, though, so I don't know.
      http://www.dreamviews.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic10998_6.gif
      Raised by NeAvO
      Hazel's Boiler Room
      Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep? To the very toes he is terrified, Because the ground gives the way under him, And the dream begins... - Friedrich Nietzsche

Having been in a coma for some time, I can honestly report that it's the depth of nothingness, like the deepest stages of sleep. No dreams, thoughts, or memories.

lucid dream
      Quote Originally Posted by der'morat'oneiro View Post
      Having been in a coma for some time, I can honestly report that it's the depth of nothingness, like the deepest stages of sleep. No dreams, thoughts, or memories.
      so you can just wake up when you are 50 years in just a second with out knowing anything?
      "you should love way more than you hate"-50cent

YEA!

Banned
      Utah
      As far as I know, you don't just "wake up" from a coma, It takes your brain a long time to recover from it. The longest I've heard of anyone being in a coma and waking up was 19 years.
      Last edited by 27; 06-09-2007 at 11:29 PM.

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Cliched coma awakening.

COMA GUY: Uhhh... what happened? Where am I?
      CONCERNED FRIEND/DOCTOR: You were in an accident, you've been in a coma for quite some time...
      RELATIVE: We thought you'd never awaken! *CRY*
      COMA GUY: How long?... The last thing I remember is *DESCRIBES ACCIDENT*
      CONCERNED FRIEND/DOCTOR: *AMOUNT OF TIME*

If popular culture is anything to go on, I'm pretty sure that it seems instant.

Exactly. There's no sense of time passing. Like sleep and death.

Canada
      I couldn't tell you the name of the band since I heard about this from a friend of mine who listens to a lot of bands I don't know, but there was once a band who did a CD dedicated to a friend of their's who had been in a coma. This friend apparently said that when he was in the coma, he was in this whole other world. He eventually committed suicide to try and return to this world. So, the CD was in memory of him. One can assume it was a very vivid dream that had become more real to him than reality after the time he'd spent there. Either that, or it was just a good story for a concept album. I'll have to ask my friend about it the next time I see him so I can look up how this story went for sure. Just figured I'd add that little story even if it was only a fun story to read. However, I have heard both of people remembering nothing before a certain point and people remembering people talking while they were in the coma. So, who knows, maybe there's different types of comas or maybe they're just using bad events in their life to get media attention by making some things up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothlark View Post
      I couldn't tell you the name of the band since I heard about this from a friend of mine who listens to a lot of bands I don't know, but there was once a band who did a CD dedicated to a friend of their's who had been in a coma. This friend apparently said that when he was in the coma, he was in this whole other world. He eventually committed suicide to try and return to this world. So, the CD was in memory of him. One can assume it was a very vivid dream that had become more real to him than reality after the time he'd spent there. Either that, or it was just a good story for a concept album. I'll have to ask my friend about it the next time I see him so I can look up how this story went for sure. Just figured I'd add that little story even if it was only a fun story to read. However, I have heard both of people remembering nothing before a certain point and people remembering people talking while they were in the coma. So, who knows, maybe there's different types of comas or maybe they're just using bad events in their life to get media attention by making some things up about it.
      Mars Volta.

People in coma don't dream or have any kind of consciousness, the brain simply does not allow it.

Read

Let just hope that the nxt person to fall into comma is a good lucid dreamer.

Lurker

I wonder

I wonder if this life is a dream those there is different universes so when we dream we are in a different universe but we are dreams hold us back. So i wonder if lucid dreams is a way to go to a other universe. If you wonder how people dissappear off the face of the planet it probably is cause of a lucid dream so when people die in coma there soul probably already left to a other universe but people that are not experience with lucid dreams see darkness. Then they probably well see darkness when they die but they can probably come out and live a new life or have new universe.
      Sorry if you dont under stand but if you get great.

Lurker
      LD Count
      lots and lots..
      South Australia
      On the 02.10.2010 I slipped in a coma for 17 days after getting chicken pox as an adult and believe me i had no idea i was in a coma" i dreampt the whole time and i still remember everyone of them, from magic carpets to being asked if i wanted chicken pox again so i could go back to my 2 kids... the most unreal thing of it all is i have a note book that I wrote in when i was dreaming in my coma.. weird strange yes but A fact.. To asnwser how you feel when you wake up from a Dreaming Coma.. you dont know what is REAL and what you had DREAMPT... Took family and friends alot to understand, took me a long time to work out i was not crazy but that i had just lived in dream realm while my body fort not to die while i slept... The doctors told me I am a very saine person, or as normal as the next. This experience has changed my life and my thoughts on comas and dreaming, the glass is always haly full now.. P.S if you are not immunised against chicken pox and your an adult please get immunised i WAS a lucky one, learn from my mistake and dont think that you will never get it cause you may.. Your Family, kids and friends faces when you wake up are haunting and will be forever in your mind if you dont, if your the 1 out of 4 who wakes up from chicken pox or Varicella in adults!!! 05.02.2011.
      Last edited by suziequez929; 02-05-2011 at 10:20 AM.

Arkansas
      It isn't a digital thing. "Coma" is a general category more than, 'Damn! He was almost out of that coma, and didn't get past the Critical Coma Point." It's a sliding scale of responsiveness to stimuli.

Coma scale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I haven't talked to anyone who's had recollection while being comatose, other than the occasional ebb and flow from various states of consciousness. I haven't worked with adult patients in a few years, though, just babies, now.
      suziequez929 likes this.

think of it like inception 5 mins in the real world is an hour in the dream world if someone in a comma was liek that for 10 years it would be about 2 lifetimes in a dream

LD Count
      Texas
      DJ Entries
      I can't even dream after a night of heavy drinking or toking, so I can't imagine being able to remember dreams after a coma.

LD Count
      Quote Originally Posted by 0gravitylucid View Post
      think of it like inception 5 mins in the real world is an hour in the dream world if someone in a comma was liek that for 10 years it would be about 2 lifetimes in a dream
      inception was a movie dont base anything off it

Lurker

Post The darkness is waiting room

when people say they see darkness in a coma its a waiting room see if you die or not, or a spirit world, or a dream that is a lucid.... you know when u black out u don't remember stuff what u did i wonder when you die you still remember because we would black out already if there no afterlife i think im crazy cause all i think is death this whole life sames like a dream and i remember stuff since i was young like 2 years old and im 15