• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
      Luminescent sun chaser Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Huge Dream Journal Vivid Dream Journal Populated Wall Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      400ish
      The World That Never Was
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Burned up View Post
      DVers are aeroplane fanatics
      Thats a huge cast of dreamers you got there. Ever try anything with shared dreaming?

Scotland
      Quote Originally Posted by Psylis View Post
      Thats a huge cast of dreamers you got there. Ever try anything with shared dreaming?
      Hi Psylis. No not at all. My dream control is next to non-existant so what happens is what happens!!!
      Bu

What Makes You Tick? Achievements:
      1 year registered 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      England
      Something arousing
      ha ha good stuff man! shame you cant remember what happened...so do you think it is down to this student?

DVers are aeroplane fanatics
      he he that is just cool!! I like the way you SC portrays us, moonbeam as the 70's music person is quite funny and accurate (at least rescently with all the youtube links she places )

yey you dreamed of me ha ha you are probably right I do get over excited with stuff like that alot and I think the part about bro is interesting givin recent events im not surprised he was lurking in the background. Do you think of him often?

I wounder what the convention part meant? I mean with the way everyone wrote more then you? do you have any ideas at all?

Stormy weather at work
      yeah PDP I bet is a understatement! from what I hear the weather is insane in Scotland at the min! did you get much snow today?

that part with the chair and shooting across the room sounds great!! especially liked the part with the crashing into D ha ha

UFO
      ha they were such great films!
      Lucid Count So Far for 2008
      WILD = 2

DILD = 27
      Total lucid dreams for 2007 = 40

Check out my dreams in the link below and any feed back is more then welcome

My Dream Journal
      My Artwork

Scotland
      Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
      ha ha good stuff man! shame you cant remember what happened...so do you think it is down to this student?
      I like to think so. I'll try and think of her again tonight...

he he that is just cool!! I like the way you SC portrays us, moonbeam as the 70's music person is quite funny and accurate (at least rescently with all the youtube links she places )

yey you dreamed of me ha ha you are probably right I do get over excited with stuff like that alot and I think the part about bro is interesting givin recent events im not surprised he was lurking in the background. Do you think of him often?
      Bro? Sometimes. Like, one minute he was in every thread and then .... pffffff.

I wounder what the convention part meant? I mean with the way everyone wrote more then you? do you have any ideas at all?
      I think it's like being here and how others are more active than me. But what does it mean? Seems like part of me wants to "write much more" which I take to mean that it wants to dedicate itself to a task - any task. IRL I have only limited time and/or patience for that degree of dedication (hence my small contribution in the dream). I think that's what it means.

yeah PDP I bet is a understatement! from what I hear the weather is insane in Scotland at the min! did you get much snow today?
      That's the interesting bit. I dreamed of snow. Then today it snowed. Around here it's not settling but I believe the higher ground has snow. But the winds are awesome.
      Bu

I'm at a convention with aeroplane fanatics, and we've boarded Concorde for a ride. My seat is third row on the left, aisle. Next to me is Moonbeam (we're proabably talking about 1970s pop stars )
      Bu dreamed of me!

I'm aware Bro is around somewhere behind me.
      Bro.

Then The pilot sees Mark and rushes over just as Mark disappears through a kind of trap door leading under the aisle somewhere with the other DC.
      Oh no! Oh, maybe he was doing what Mark usually does with DC's...

My contribution is about 10 lines of writing and I'm aware it looks crap compared to everyone else's. I'm also aware I don't have the spare time to do any more.
      Well, if you can't be bothered to create something better than that for the project, I just don't know about you.

I lift my feet off the floor and accellerate across, aiming at D who I used to work with. We collide and LOL. Now D wants a go and we've put on these clothes like he's a cop and I'm a crim. I race him across the office and he's trying to catch me. I sit on my wheely chair before he does and we accellerate, him behind me, across the office into a store room that wasn't there before, LOLing throughout.
      Hey Mark, remember you and I and Oneironaut were talking about dreaming this dream--rolling around in chairs like that? No Bu is doing it too.

Don't remember Sean.
      He was in "The Hardy Boys" with Parker Stephenson. Besides his illustrious singing career.

LOL oh yes, I remember them well. They're still about and one of them lives near me.
      I knew you would know them!

My sister was more of a fan than me. Honest!
      Yea, right, I believe you...

Everywhere in Europe
      Sorry, no useful replies from me anymore. After my work, my flatmates pulled me out of my room to play some stupid drinking game. I made a mix of strong Czech liqor with green lemonade. And now I came back and all Moonbeams comets commends look so very funny and made me laugh (LOL @ the part about Mark and the rolling around in chairs)

Oh, and I like the sound of that song you linked, sounds very beatle-ish

Sorry Bu, you had some good dreams, but my mind is not cooperative now !
      (Oh, I liked the one about the 4 gender options)
      Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love. ~ Albert Einstein ~

Conversely I hate things being put in to my body (I'd wouldn't make a successful female !!!)

My Dream Journal (starting @ 2008)

Lucid count 2008:
      DILD=14:: WILD=8 :: total lucid time: approx 3h 50 mins
      2007: DILD=16, WILD=13, total lucid time approx 1h 50mins

Quote Originally Posted by Sara View Post
      Another Bay City Rollers fan! I didn't think they would ever make a come-back, but maybe it's starting! Hey, Bu, which one lives near you? I liked Eric...

Scotland
      Quote Originally Posted by Moonbeam View Post
      Bu dreamed of me!
      Not only was I dreaming of you, we were sitting next to each other on Concorde.

He was in "The Hardy Boys" with Parker Stephenson. Besides his illustrious singing career.
      I have no memory of that. (Sounding like Oliver North).

I knew you would know them!

Yea, right, I believe you...
      Another Bay City Rollers fan! I didn't think they would ever make a come-back, but maybe it's starting! Hey, Bu, which one lives near you? I liked Eric...
      Derek Longmuir. Maybe he doesn't live near me any more. Got into a spot of bother with some stuff he downloaded IIRC.

Sorry, no useful replies from me anymore. After my work, my flatmates pulled me out of my room to play some stupid drinking game. I made a mix of strong Czech liqor with green lemonade. And now I came back and all Moonbeams comets commends look so very funny and made me laugh (LOL @ the part about Mark and the rolling around in chairs)
      yes, cheered me up too. I could do with some of that schnapps you've been drinking.

Do you think so? I suppose there is a similarity with early Beatles now you mention it at the time (1970s) I didn't spot it.

Sorry Bu, you had some good dreams, but my mind is not cooperative now !
      (Oh, I liked the one about the 4 gender options)
      Thanks for dropping by, Sara. I trust you had a good time with your friends and the Czech fire-water . (PS how's the head now?)
      Bu

Scotland
      Room with a view

I'm looking at different views from this road, mainly steeply down some rocks to the sea. Now I'm in the same place but it's inside. This modern hotel-like place with huge windows. I'm showing someone the views from different rooms and show that the view from mine is "something worth waking up for".

Now we've gone up to the 2nd or 3rd floor and there's a messy internal room with a wooden office inside it. I see the other DC climb friskily up on top of the office where he can reach a hatch to the attic. He goes up into the attic and assumes I'll follow. But there's someone in the office and I don't think I'm allowed. After a short wait I decide to follow him into the attic. The climbing was effortless.

In the attic it was dark but light was coming from one direction. I head that way and I'm in a large lounge bar which is just setting up and is mainly deserted.

Fragment

A band playing at a student gig.

Doing it doggy style

I'm with M, G and G from my uni days. The subject of counselling comes up and small G and his now wife are interested in seeing a counsellor. I'm now explaining about counselling and how there are 6 different methods (nonsense irl).

Next I'm looking at a cartoon which is the first of a series of 3. A cartoon dog, like a small bull terrier, is caricaturing how the first 2 counselling methods work!

My inner virtual feminine self

My favourite theme - lost love - comes to mind. Rather than being a human image, the woman of my dreams is on an internet forum - one I no longer subscribe to (also a dreams forum). I'm wondering whether to go back to the other forum and find her.

I often dream of hotels. They provide me with what I want/need in life and that's largely how I want life to be (but never is). At the top of the hotel is someone who is "in charge" and I don't want to get into trouble. Childish notions, but ones clearly in my consciousness. But I decide to go up to the attic anyway. It seems to be an area which is still being prepared/organised. Like I'm trying to organise my head (the attic of the body) irl.

Haven't much of a clue about dream 3 other than it features the numbers 2 and 3 as did the first dream. 3 pairs of 2. I can't make sense of that at all. A cartoon dog demonstrating counselling LOL.

The last dream was more like it. It's the first time I've had that feeling of lost love with the object of desire being someone online. Not sure Jung's theories of anima projection integrated dreams of online infatuation. Presumably though the same applies. i.e. I'm looking for my dream woman online as well as face-to-face. (Female DVers need not worry, though. Dreams and rl behaviour are different for me!)
      Bu

Derek Longmuir. Maybe he doesn't live near me any more. Got into a spot of bother with some stuff he downloaded IIRC.
      Derek! The drummer! OK, no more BCR talk in your DJ. What's that mean tho, what he did?

Doing it doggy style

I thought your dream-goals had finally been realized...

My favourite theme - lost love - comes to mind. Rather than being a human image, the woman of my dreams is on an internet forum - one I no longer subscribe to (also a dreams forum). I'm wondering whether to go back to the other forum and find her.
      No! You can never go back, it's never the same again.

(Female DVers need not worry, though. Dreams and rl behaviour are different for me!)
      Bu is a stalker.

Scotland
      Derek! The drummer! OK, no more BCR talk in your DJ. What's that mean tho, what he did?
      Sounds like he may have been stitched up but he'd been in trouble before. His brief biog:
      http://www.lcv.ne.jp/~ryhokaya/DerekBio/DerekBio.htm

I thought your dream-goals had finally been realized...
      Sorry to raise your hopes

No! You can never go back, it's never the same again.
      Joking aside, that's the kind of feeling that prevails in these sorts of dreams. We yearn for the fantasy not the reality. Hey, there's a part of me wanting to go to that forum, knowing full well that it was all a dream.

[COLOR=blue] [COLOR=#000000]

Bu is a stalker.
      And now you know why I keep my identity to myself
      Bu

Scotland
      Ambulance from hell

I was dreaming of having heart problems as my chest muscles have been feeling sore. Also PDP as have just exchanged emails with a friend who had a heart attack 2 weeks ago.

Then in my dream, my young son starts writhing in pain in his chest and arm. We were staying at my parents house and I called the ambulance, asking if they would pick us up on the main road a few hundred yards away. We now had to walk to the road. My youngest daughter was with us too. We see the ambulance go past as we approach the road and hope that it will come back to find us. My son is still in agony. Then the ambulance does return and I flag it down. My son has forgotten his pain now and enthusiastically climbs into the ambulance. I follow and ask my daughter to go back home thanking her for coming along.

As we get into the ambulance the actor James Nesbitt gets out.

In the ambulance, which was more like a minibus but with steps up, there were a few other people, all a bit weird. Two women seemingly with psychotic issues were sitting there with their arms raised in front of them like they're doing impressions of ghosts. A man looks a bit strange too. The ambulance man straps my son into a seat. I just seem to be standing there. Next thing I look and my son is not so much belted to his seat but held against a metal grid like an element in a toaster. It was pretty gruesome.

Crap at golf

It was sunny and I'm outside sitting at a table in a public place. Possibly by the sea. There's a game which is a table-top golf game, computerised but played on the table (somehow) and I've found a way to win. I'd just got a good score and now a DC on my left has had a go but I beat him. The strategy only works on course number 6 which also had a name - something like "desert sands" but maybe not.

Another DC arrives and sits on my left and again I set the game up for course number 6. He'd played a few shots but I remembered now my winning strategy. I evacuated my bowel and placed the lumps in this container attached to the table and underneath it while he wasn't looking, as I had done before. My score raced ahead.

I didn't like the first dream. All sorts of PDP. My son saying he was desperate for the loo when were were out but then forgetting when we got home was a bit like him sometimes suffering in the dream. And me making him walk in pain to the main road was like me walking him home yesterday.

That aside, it was the ambulance that was strange. It was full of weirdos and didn't look and feel like a nice place to be. Something along the lines of "The haunted house on the hill". Whatever part of me that represents, it's not a nice part. But it is a part than needs care seemingly.

The second dream was just plain strange.
      Bu

I don't think putting feces in the other guys jar is your actual winning strategy, rather it is a negative expression of how you feel about your strategy.

When you say "I've found a way to win", the words "cheating, loophole, beat the system, unfair advantage" all came to mind.

Perhaps you are cutting some corners somewhere in life, and deep down you disapprove of yourself for doing so?

^^^Good one, raklet.

Scotland
      Quote Originally Posted by raklet View Post
      I don't think putting feces in the other guys jar is your actual winning strategy, rather it is a negative expression of how you feel about your strategy.
      Haha. Dunno about negative but certainly shows the lengths I would go to to avoid doing things the way I expect others would, when I think it's tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by raklet View Post
      When you say "I've found a way to win", the words "cheating, loophole, beat the system, unfair advantage" all came to mind.

Perhaps you are cutting some corners somewhere in life, and deep down you disapprove of yourself for doing so?
      It felt more like being clever than cheating. But yes Raklet, I'd agree with the "cutting corners" bit. My thinking in life has mainly been driven by finding strategies which avoid having to do too much work. "Cutting corners" is something I take as a compliment! (Memories of school reports stating that I do "just enough" work). But cheating? Well, whose rules are they anyway?
      Bu

Scotland
      ^^^Good one, raklet.
      I'm getting that "two against one" feeling.
      Bu

England
      And now you know why I keep my identity to myself
      that is brilliant!! lol That vampire smiley is so great! lol

Ambulance from hell

As we get into the ambulance the actor James Nesbitt gets out..
      well forget the rest of it the fact that James Nesbitt was there makes it hell enough lol

That was a mad dream, the part with your son in pain sounds nasty sorry you had a bad dream mate.

Crap at golf
      Another DC arrives and sits on my left and again I set the game up for course number 6. He'd played a few shots but I remembered now my winning strategy. I evacuated my bowel and placed the lumps in this container attached to the table and underneath it while he wasn't looking, as I had done before. My score raced ahead. .
      ha ha that is funny as hell mate!! I bet the DC didnt see that one coming lol

WILD = 2

DILD = 27

My Dream Journal
      My Artwork

Scotland
      Not dreams, but the results of meandering thoughts today which made it into a notebook I had in my pocket.

- I was thinking about the little girl that's been appearing in dreams for the past year or two. I wondered what I would like to ask her. Then I realised that it's like I'm a little boy again and I want just to open up to her as it were, like she was a close friend (probably a little older and wiser too).

- I heard a young child crying. It was a painful cry as if something really special had been taken away from him. I felt the pain too. It was probably no more than a dropped sweetie but at that moment, for that child, it was extremely important and the trauma of the loss was unbearable. I feel like that sometimes.

- Wondering why I've been disillusioned with this group I run at church. We organise stuff and few turn up. But everyone says they want these events to happen. I think we're moving into a new paradigm. People are "very busy" these days. Families go out a lot. Retired people travel the world. What kind of engaging experiences do people really want in the 21st century?

- Memories of being in the kitchen with my mother when I was about 4. I used to make a jam tart in this small cake tin out of pastry and jam when she was baking. The food she was making didn't excite but having my own special jam tart was a nice feeling.

Daytime freely-associated thoughts are like dreams. Unconscious fantasies float into awareness for no apparent reason. Perhaps there is no reason, perhaps it's just the way the human psyche works? But each has its meaning. The last daydream speaks to me of my separateness. The jam tart was not for sharing, it was for me. A bit like a child's cuddly toy. A "transitional object" that a child clings to as a way of separating itself from its mother. The important thing was having the tart, not eating it. I don't recall them being especially tasty anyhow as I was only allowed a small amount of jam - so it was mainly pastry!
      Bu

Scotland

Just noticed I'd submitted my 1000th post. This will be 1001. Good night.
      Bu

England

Just noticed I'd submitted my 1000th post. This will be 1001. Good night.

nice one mate! over 1000 posts

You know those thoughts you recorded are they similar to dreams at all? or are they just random thoughts?

I often find myself reliving actual or imaginary arguments when I do that
      WILD = 2

DILD = 27

My Dream Journal
      My Artwork

Scotland

nice one mate! over 1000 posts
      Thanks Mark. Feels like starting again now

You know those thoughts you recorded are they similar to dreams at all? or are they just random thoughts?

I often find myself reliving actual or imaginary arguments when I do that
      There were dream-like episodes with them, perhaps lasting only seconds, where my mind wandered. As far as I'm concerned the parts I recorded weren't the result of conscious thoughts.
      Bu

Scotland
      In today's programme we look at what happened when...

I'm staying with this woman (landlady rather than lover I think) who is also a presenter on Blue Peter (non-UK info - it's a long-running kids' show and very British). I find out she's going to be marrying my boss and I have to move out. Like they're both [can't read the last 2 words ].

Fragment-o-rama

- A shelf only a couple of inches high for keeping coloured sheets of paper.

- Meal around a rectangular table. I've got a cold and my sister is there and produces some vitamin C tablets. I was impressed at her intuition.

- New member of staff at a local cafe (with the same name as my sister's daughter (see above)). Older waitress introduces me. She's young, a little plump, with blonde curly hair. I ask if she's permanent but she says no only one day per week while she's studying.

- Blond boy (striking resemblance to the girl above) larking about and I was becoming irritated. He leans back and I push him over. He manages to turn his fall into a backward flip and lands safely. Three other random DCs think that's cool and do a backward flip too. I'm bored.

- Wosting down the otic. [well, that's what my writing looks like]

No thoughts on the first dream other than feeling pushed out.

The blond show-off guy is my shadow. I often get a (usually fat) boy attracting attention in my dreams and I always think he's an arse. Of course there's a part of my I don't like that is like that.

Bu

There were dream-like episodes with them, perhaps lasting only seconds, where my mind wandered. As far as I'm concerned the parts I recorded weren't the result of conscious thoughts.
      I have those all the time too; sometimes I think that's the extent of my REM some nights, and I worry it's cuz I'm getting old and my real dreams will go away, to be replaced by crazy thought dreams all the time. I hope not.

Scotland
      I have those all the time too; sometimes I think that's the extent of my REM some nights, and I worry it's cuz I'm getting old and my real dreams will go away, to be replaced by crazy thought dreams all the time. I hope not.
      I'd rather not think about that as an outcome. Since DJing my dreams have got more serious and frankly more boring. On the other hand they've become more meaningful (in the sense that I can find meaning in them). I guess we should be careful what we wish for.
      Bu

England

The blond show-off guy is my shadow. I often get a (usually fat) boy attracting attention in my dreams and I always think he's an arse. Of course there's a part of my I don't like that is like that.

ha ha ha I laughed at that dream and your interpretation. There are always people like that its so annoying ha ha
      WILD = 2

DILD = 27

My Dream Journal
      My Artwork

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast