• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
      Wales

Read this if you play music while sleeping.

I was just reading on the internet that listening to music while falling to sleep has an effect on your dreams. Various people have confirmed this and said it creates some interesting and enjoyable dreams. One said that basically you choose what sort of dream you have depending on what music you listen to while sleeping. Tonight i have created a playlist on my ipod, songsthat i think would effect my dreams in a good way. I'm sure alot of you already listen to music going to sleep so whats your experiences with it?

Interested in trying it.

This is also meant to induce lucid dreams somehow aswell. My plan is that the music will make my dreams so strange that i will become lucid.

USA
      Music induced lucid dreams...hmm I remember trying that.

I have tried this technique at least 300 times, but it never helped with lucid dreams,because I can't sleep with anything stuck in my ears all night, but that's just me.

What this method mostly did for me was make me perfectly memorize the songs. I STILL can't get them out of my head after 3 years. I even memorized the track lists.

... Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      Who counts?
      Invisible Society
      Quote Originally Posted by Zakar View Post
      What this method mostly did for me was make me perfectly memorize the songs. I STILL can't get them out of my head after 3 years. I even memorized the track lists.
      That's what happens to me, but not for 3 years!!!

I do sleep with the TV on though. A boring channel like golf or the news, so I don't get startled. I also set the sleep timer... I can't sleep in silence.

DJ Entries
      I can't sleep with music. Ambient noise, perhaps, but not actual music. Music is too interesting to fall asleep to! Even with ambient noise, I have to take the headphones off after an hour or so, otherwise my ears are super uncomfortable and red when I wake up.
      Abraxas

Quote Originally Posted by OldSparta
      I murdered someone, there was bloody everywhere. On the walls, on my hands. The air smelled metallic, like iron. My mouth... tasted metallic, like iron. The floor was metallic, probably iron

Neither Here nor There WalkingOnTheMoon's Avatar
      In Limbo... ~
      Yea, im like you Michael... i have the tv on with the timer, or at very least the radio on a talkback station. if its silent it takes me longer to go to sleep...

an i never use headphones. i just have it on enough so u can hear it well but its not too loud...
      LD's: 1 = 3rd Oct 2007

Started 'Training': 28th September 2007

Aim: LD within 2 months (ha that was easy), WILD within 4 (hope this comes as easily)

Portugal
      I used to listen to music while going to sleep some time ago. I do think I had more vivid dreams and they were pretty nice. I'd listen to relaxation music so the real reason could also have been my deep level of relaxation...
      LD count: 25 and counting
      My new dA account: http://vibrationdreams.deviantart.com

St. Ittsville, Ontario Country:...... Canaduh, eh!... Planet:...... Specka dirt we call Urf
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Abra View Post
      I can't sleep with music. Ambient noise, perhaps, but not actual music. Music is too interesting to fall asleep to!
      I have this exact problem, I can sleep with binaural beats on, no problem, but as soon as I try to sleep with music I can't fall asleep for the life of me. It's like it keeps my brain "busy" or something and I just can't tune out (pun intended?). I'm going to try Mike Oldfield's Ommadawn tonight, just to see if I can make that work, possibly instrumental stuff without any lyrics will be better. Also, going to try some Buckethead stuff too, again sans-lyrics. Maybe Electric Tears, that one has special meaning for me, I made a "First Two Years" photo dvd with about 1600 pics of our daughter using that as the background music. Who knows, might stir up some vivid imagery.

smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

Aquanina's closet
      I thought about putting some music on last night to fall asleep to, I find it so relaxing no matter what it is. Last night I had the computer on but the fan was pissing me about and kept me up, then my Sky+ box started making noises. This was about 4am and was getting so annoyed that I was too awake to sleep.

I thought about putting on music, but couldn't be bothered. When I was younger I would always listen to music when sleeping

Banned
      Yeah I also noticed that certain songs I listen to have a different effect on my dreams.

This "Yellow Mix" gives me Zombie dreams.
      This "Green Mix" gives me Action dreams.

Etc. those names are what the mix's are called ridiculous results cuz I have a lot and they never fail me.

Wales
      I read on this website that it is best to put on your hi fi, ipod, or whatever you have and go to sleep by the side of your bed or near you (not headphones) for some reason. It works best if you have an ipod because you won't get woken up by the cd or tape rewinding.

Tryed it last night but i couldn't get to sleep with it on but i will try again tonight. I think i will have a greater chance of falling asleep if i put my ipod on when i wake in the middle of the night because i find it alot easier to fall asleep once i have been asleep for a few hours.

St. Ittsville, Ontario Country:...... Canaduh, eh!... Planet:...... Specka dirt we call Urf
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Phydeaux_3 View Post
      I'm going to try Mike Oldfield's Ommadawn tonight, just to see if I can make that work, possibly instrumental stuff without any lyrics will be better.
      Well, I tried Ommadawn last night, I was able to sleep but nothing in terms of dream results. I am going to try Electric Tears tonight, see if I can sleep to that one. I'll loop the whole album instead of just 1 track. I suspect that it may jog some imagery of the kids if nothing else.
      smooches,
      » Phy³
      >.)))°>
      --’‘ ’‘

Wales
      Here's more info on this. Read number 3. http://howtoluciddream.wordpress.com/

bro
      WILD student
      Near to New York
      Interesting. I really do find that music influences my dream content. I can't make a general rule, but I remember many times hearing a song in a dream only to wake and see it playing beside my bed...maybe there's potential. I find that relaxing, slow music that picks up towards the end is best..., but I go for more rythym than less...my mind seems to get excited by it as I sleep and may very well produce some interesting dreams...but then again, maybe not...
      Brothers & Sisters in Dreams

Anas platyrhynchos Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      A pond, I guess
      i'll try this tonight

Wales
      What i wonder is if u are listening to music while you are sleeping can you hear the music in the dream? If so you can train yourself to become lucid when you hear music in your dream, like how you train yourself to spot flashing lights with the Novadreamer.

*DrEaM wArRiOr* Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      wenatchee, wa. US
      i went to sleep listening to a Korn song on repeat....I woke up the next day and the song sounded somehow different
      Dilds=5 Wilds=1 total LDs=6
      Lucid Tasks completed=1 October 2007

Wales
      Quote Originally Posted by dreamscaper22 View Post
      i went to sleep listening to a Korn song on repeat....I woke up the next day and the song sounded somehow different
      You probably heard the song so much that night it started messing with your mind.

Anas platyrhynchos Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      A pond, I guess
      If I hear speech in a dream it incorporates itself into the dream, coming from a DC's mouth. This morning my alarm went off and I had an FA about my alarm going off. Then when I pressed it off in my dream it carried on and I awoke to hear it going off still. Often, my dreams end with the sudden apearance of my Dad saying "Get up!" since he wakes me up in the mornings if I sleep in. He usually appears in my dream and says something like "Good morning!", then I awake. This begs the question, can't you use a voice sample of yourself saying "I'm Lucid Dreaming!"? ... although, at leat, in my case, it would just wake me up instead of induce an LD.

LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Quote Originally Posted by ld master View Post
      I was just reading on the internet that listening to music while falling to sleep has an effect on your dreams. Various people have confirmed this and said it creates some interesting and enjoyable dreams. One said that basically you choose what sort of dream you have depending on what music you listen to while sleeping. Tonight i have created a playlist on my ipod, songsthat i think would effect my dreams in a good way. I'm sure alot of you already listen to music going to sleep so whats your experiences with it?

Interested in trying it.

This is also meant to induce lucid dreams somehow aswell. My plan is that the music will make my dreams so strange that i will become lucid.
      Perhaps this works in the same way brainwave entrainment sound waves do...at any rate, on numerous occasions I can recall listening to music while sleeping and hearing the song in my dream only to wakeup and hear it still on the radio. Didn't do much for an LD but it was still pretty cool.
      Things are not as they seem

Wales
      Quote Originally Posted by Super Duck View Post
      If I hear speech in a dream it incorporates itself into the dream, coming from a DC's mouth. This morning my alarm went off and I had an FA about my alarm going off. Then when I pressed it off in my dream it carried on and I awoke to hear it going off still. Often, my dreams end with the sudden apearance of my Dad saying "Get up!" since he wakes me up in the mornings if I sleep in. He usually appears in my dream and says something like "Good morning!", then I awake. This begs the question, can't you use a voice sample of yourself saying "I'm Lucid Dreaming!"? ... although, at leat, in my case, it would just wake me up instead of induce an LD.
      If you are dreaming and there is a noise in real life then it will incorparate into your dream. This can happen in numerous ways like for example if your alarm is going off in your dream you might hear a doorbell or your phone ringing. To answer your question yes you could do that and could be very effective but what would you tape it on? I have a dictator voice recorder but that would take ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaut_Jeff777 View Post
      Perhaps this works in the same way brainwave entrainment sound waves do...at any rate, on numerous occasions I can recall listening to music while sleeping and hearing the song in my dream only to wakeup and hear it still on the radio. Didn't do much for an LD but it was still pretty cool.
      Well if the song does play in the dream then this could be a great trigger for lucidity. Just train yourself to become lucid when you hear music in your dream.

Wales
      I am going to sleep with music on tonight even if it takes me for ever to get to sleep and i want to use headphones. The problem is they won't stay in my ears, they keep falling out.

Anyone else have or had this problem?

LD Count
      breathe for me
      gliding in the absolute
      That sounds awesome! Years ago, I made a playlist on my iPod (I know, I'm an iTool) that somehow reminded me of dreams. I am interested if I play this when I go to sleep if it will help my lucid dream percent.

Wales
      Quote Originally Posted by Rasenganxxchidori View Post
      That sounds awesome! Years ago, I made a playlist on my iPod (I know, I'm an iTool) that somehow reminded me of dreams. I am interested if I play this when I go to sleep if it will help my lucid dream percent.
      Well i have made two playlists and i am going to try one in about half an hour (really hope i can get to sleep with it on) and i will post my awesome results here in the morning hopefully.

I might try this one day again
      I tried lot of time ago but I only woke up with the sensation that I haven't sleep at all That took a lot of motivation to keep using this technique...

haha woah i love listening to music while i sleep, i can't sleep without it. i can sleep with it no matter how loud it is, it can be blasting and i can still sleep. yeah i also hear the music playing in my dreams and ill be "oh man thats sublime right now!" its pretty sweet
      Love and
      Hope and Sex
      and Dreams

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast