• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Thread: watermelon

DJ Entries

watermelon

i had a dream last night in which i ate slices of watermelon. just wondering what that might mean.

i havent eaten watermelon in months
      i might have had other dreams recently about eating watermelon. but last nights dream is one of those dreams where, while sleeping, you think "i've had a dream about eating watermelon before" but when you wake up you're not so sure.

LD Count
      a lot
      inside you
      what meaning does watermelon have to you? do you like it? does someone you have strong feelings about like it? is there a watermelon related part in some movie that had a deep impression on you?

that's very vague, and could very well mean nothing. the important thing when interpreting any dream, though, is how you felt throughout it. do you remember anything else at all? did you have any strong feeling? if not, I wouldn't even worry about it. just like there are all kinds of things that happen around you every day that are insignificant, there are plenty of insignificant things in dreams.

only dreams with strong feelings in them have any significance, just like the only things in your life that have any significance are things you feel strongly about. right?

Ignorant bliss is an oxymoron; but so is miserable truth.

Scotland
      Agree 99% with paperdoll. I'll add that feelings are always present wven if it's a feeling of lack-of-feeling, if you see what I mean. Like vision is always present even if it's just darkness.

You report the feeling of familiarity without knowing why. Perhaps that feeling will give you a clue to what the dream symbols mean - the watermelon itself, the slicing and the eating. It sounds to me that the feeling is one of knowing what to do without having been told. Does that help?

Bu

DJ Entries
      i was happy to be eating watermelon 'cos i've been craving it for a while. but i ate it a certain way to avoid getting it on my cheeks. lol... never mind.

☮ ♡ ♪ Achievements:
      1 year registered Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Milky Planet
      DJ Entries
      Well...
      Eating
      Pleasurable dreams about eating mean you are happy in a real life relationship. If you dream about stuffing yourself or feeling sick when eating, you are feeling nervous or guilty about a friendship situation. To dream of eating alone means you're feeling sad. To dream that you are watching others eat, means you feel left out of "the banquet of life" - you need more fulfillment, love and friendship in your waking life.
      Watermelon
      If you dreamed of watermelon growing on the vine, this are a warning against casual love affairs. Otherwise, they forecast unexpected travel.
      ? (:

LD Count
      a lot
      inside you
      Quote Originally Posted by Burned up View Post
      Agree 99% with paperdoll. I'll add that feelings are always present wven if it's a feeling of lack-of-feeling, if you see what I mean. Like vision is always present even if it's just darkness.

you're absolutely right. that would count as a feeling, but I didn't think to explain that. thanks for adding it.

i was happy to be eating watermelon 'cos i've been craving it for a while. but i ate it a certain way to avoid getting it on my cheeks. lol... never mind.
      have you found a new way of doing something in your life? a way that will result in less problems?

Well...
      Eating
      Pleasurable dreams about eating mean you are happy in a real life relationship. If you dream about stuffing yourself or feeling sick when eating, you are feeling nervous or guilty about a friendship situation. To dream of eating alone means you're feeling sad. To dream that you are watching others eat, means you feel left out of "the banquet of life" - you need more fulfillment, love and friendship in your waking life.
      Watermelon
      If you dreamed of watermelon growing on the vine, this are a warning against casual love affairs. Otherwise, they forecast unexpected travel.
      ? (:
      copy and paste dream dictionaries are virtually useless. everyone has different life experiences, what means one thing to someone may mean the opposite to someone else.
      Last edited by nerve; 10-22-2007 at 04:31 PM.

LD Count
      Over 9,000
      Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Jones View Post
      i had a dream last night in which i ate slices of watermelon. just wondering what that might mean...
      lol
      Things are not as they seem

Scotland
      Quote Originally Posted by paperdoll View Post
      copy and paste dream dictionaries are virtually useless. everyone has different life experiences, what means one thing to someone may mean the opposite to someone else.
      Certainly for something as specific as a watermelon I completely agree. I mean, who decides what a watermelon means?

Some more general symbols (e.g. parents, house, darkness) tend to have cultural associations that apply to most of us to some extent.
      Bu

LD Count
      a lot
      inside you
      yeah, that's why I said virtually useless...I know that there are a lot of things that tend to mean the same thing for a lot of people. but still, there's a good chance it could have a more personal meaning.

there's a great book on dream interpretation I got a few years ago, it actually explains in depth how to interpret your dreams, how to find the personal meanings of them. it's not just a "dictionary" of general meanings. I highly recommend it. here's a link:

The Bedside Guide to Dreams by Stase Michaels

DJ Entries
      i'm just saying that i could really vividly taste the watermelon. and was happy. it's not that big a deal, but it was so unusually vivid and faithful to the real thing. and what would that mean? especiall since i haven't eaten it in a long while.

Scotland
      Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Jones View Post
      i'm just saying that i could really vividly taste the watermelon. and was happy. it's not that big a deal, but it was so unusually vivid and faithful to the real thing. and what would that mean? especiall since i haven't eaten it in a long while.
      Well I can't help on the watermelon. But to taste something from long ago and enjoy it I can possibly help with. You uncovered something from within your unconscious that has good and happy associations - basically whatever you felt. It's probably a feeling you've been looking for outside but you're being informed that you have it within you. Now you have the opportunity to rediscover your internal watermelon and take large luscious slices of it. The clue is how you felt. When have you felt like that before?
      Bu