• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Lurker

having the same "at my own funeral" dream 2-3 times a week

I've been having pretty strange dreams lately and I was hoping maybe some people could help me figure out what they mean.

This dream was extremely disturbing to the point where I still remember it very vividly. I've been having this dream 2-3 times a week for about the past month and a half.

It's starts off in an open warehouse-type building with extremely high ceilings with rafters all along the top. Almost like a Sam's Club type of building. In this building is my funeral. I am looking from above, almost like a 3rd person type of a view. There are many crying people going up to what I assume is my casket, viewing inside and walking away. I can't exactly tell that it's me inside, but it feels like it's me and I'm not present in the dream. When the people walk away they just fade. They are almost like ghosts and just disapate into nothing.

To the left of my casket, there are gym mats. At first glance I thought that the man was doing sit-ups on the gym mat with a man helping him out. I then realize that this man on the gym mats is actually having a heart attack and the man I thought was spotting him was really trying to help him out. There were two or three women next to the man crying heavily with black veils over their faces.

Then as I'm watching my funeral, my mother's brother is sitting in the rafters with a noose around his neck. He then drops down from the rafters and tries to hang himself, but he is unsuccessful. As my uncle is hanging there another man comes up and cuts down the rope and my uncle is saved from the suicide attempt.

I am having this recurring dream constantly. The dream always happens the same way that I have described it. I think the only reason why I remember is so vividly is because I have it so often. What do you guys think? What does all of this mean? I'm totally clueless and honestly, it's really bothering me.

Scotland
      From www.dreammoods.com

Funeral
      To dream of your own funeral, symbolizes an ending to a situation or aspect of yourself. You may be repressing some of your feelings or parts of yourself and the dream may be a signal for you to recognize and acknowledge those feelings. Instead of confronting a situation, you are dealing with it by burying it and trying to forget about it.

I'd loosely go along with that. Much of what we dream about it repressed stuff. But this looks and feels like death - and suicide. The failed suicide bid sounds like it's not too late to "start living again" in whatever way you're denying yourself. As this is a repetitive dream, try and find out more about what's happening - what you have to do to live again. I know it's a bit vague but things like this often are.
      Bu

Lurker
      I was on another dream interpretation forum and someone mentioned the spiritual meanings behind some dreams and that if you are attending your own funeral it means that you are going to receive a managing promotion and how many people are around your casket is how many people you are going to manage. Pretty interesting but this dream is really messing up my sleeping pattern because I just can't sleep.

Scotland
      Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Meat View Post
      I was on another dream interpretation forum and someone mentioned the spiritual meanings behind some dreams and that if you are attending your own funeral it means that you are going to receive a managing promotion and how many people are around your casket is how many people you are going to manage. Pretty interesting but this dream is really messing up my sleeping pattern because I just can't sleep.
      Do you believe that? I don't. I don't believe dreams have any predictive qualities in them at all other than what one day may be revealed about your unconscious to your conscious. Unless you believe in collective unconscious - that somehow you have access to what others are thinking - then don't entertain interpretations that predict others' actions.

I would start with feelings. How did it feel to see your own funeral? What in waking life has you feeling like that? By considering these admittedly difficult and boring questions you'll get an idea of what some of the parts of your dream mean to you.
      Bu

LD Count
      scottvile
      DJ Entries
      hmm i think you might of had a tormatic expirence and your mind is slowy starting to rember by showing you vidied imges as it trys to rember what happend to you O_O OMFG i just sounded like my grandmother (shes a healer she helps people by giveing them a healing she has a whole lot of things that a healer has and i don't mean herbs shes not that kind of healer she burns insests and a thing that has a strange smell to it dam i can't rember the name but her healing are sapoued to heal your soul and recorrect your aroua if i was her i'd probly say) "your aroua shows your painciy and your soul is frightend you need a healing to fix your aroua and cleanse your soul" OMFG that is the closest that i ever got to sounding like my grandmother now that is scarey