• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Ja_

Thread: i know who ever one is in my dreams but i dont see faces.

i know who ever one is in my dreams but i dont see faces.

is this because i forget them when i wake up or i cant remember what they look like , does anyone else remember seeing faces in dreams and then waking up and remmebering wat they look like?

Ja_
      i have the same problem i know the person who he is, but i cant see or remember his face
      hathor28 likes this.

Wisconsin.. wait, what happened to Illinois??
      Someone explained to me that faces don't matter.. for instance, if you see George Clooney in a dream but your mind thinks that it's your pet lizard or something, then that's what it is.. it's whoever/whatever your mind thinks it is, not necessarily what your eyes see. So.. maybe you can't remember seeing anyone's face because it's just not really important.

Quin custodiet custodes ipsos?

It's the same to me...But a few times I've remembered people's faces like my 1st grade teacher..O.o...XD

- Canada -
      Typically you will not remember the faces of dream characters because the majority of dream characters are the manifestation of several people you know or know of.

For instance - you may see a man in a shirt, jacket, etc. and he is the manifestation of your dad, uncle, and brother. Of course, there is usually some common trait amongst these characters that are conglomerated in dreams to make these ambiguous characters, but they always protray your dream-thoughts accuratly (because well.. it's you). You won't recognise the face of the person becuase they don't exactly have one. They are the essential mix of several people in your mind projected in the body of one character.

There are chracters faces who you will see, and that is usually because they only represent one person in your dream-thoughts, or they are not a real person at all.

~

Originally posted by O'nus
      Typically you will not remember the faces of dream characters because the majority of dream characters are the manifestation of several people you know or know of.

For instance - you may see a man in a shirt, jacket, etc. and he is the manifestation of your dad, uncle, and brother. Of course, there is usually some common trait amongst these characters that are conglomerated in dreams to make these ambiguous characters, but they always protray your dream-thoughts accuratly (because well.. it's you). You won't recognise the face of the person becuase they don't exactly have one. They are the essential mix of several people in your mind projected in the body of one character.

There are chracters faces who you will see, and that is usually because they only represent one person in your dream-thoughts, or they are not a real person at all.

~

^^o'nus has a good point, but sometimes in life i forget faces and names sometimes it's really scary too when i do that
      - DaRkLoRd

Tupac...till the end...forever the greatest artist, musician, actor, singer... *1971-1996* R.I.P. you'll never be forgotten!

Adopted By: Scwigglie

Deb
      Quote Originally Posted by 1derland View Post
      is this because i forget them when i wake up or i cant remember what they look like , does anyone else remember seeing faces in dreams and then waking up and remmebering wat they look like?
      Another possibility is, the people in your dreams, including you, are barcoded and also have a built-in barcode scanner, so when you meet, it's a case of "instant recognition" just like when the barcode scanner beeps. In that case, our faces and features are not needed for us to recognize one another.

Our "barcode" is our "energy registration", it's the pattern of our electromagnetic field (or aura) that identifies us.

I had a clear example of this a few years ago. I visited a lady I have never seen before or since, and she introduced me to her husband Carlo as we walked past him at work in the garden. I only saw his face momentarily as he lifted it to look at me. But shortly after, I had my first past life regression session with a hypnotherapist, I took myself back to Atlantis and there I found Carlo again, still not seeing his face but I could "place" him in the activity in which he worked then. I was so surprised. I found many other people too, one of them was the person who introduced me to Transcendental Meditation. I lost touch with him 30 years ago and had virtually forgotten him, but I recognized him with the same clarity. Hope this is helpful.

Lurker
      I asked a psychologist about my faceless dreams during a dream seminar and he explained that it is possible that the brain feels overstimulated by faces. I am overly empathetic so to see a face in my dream would change my emotions to whatever they are feeling. By not having faces I can have full control over my own emotions and still know what everyone else is feeling.

Member Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      No.
      The reason you know who everyone is in your dreams but you dont see faces
      = They represent parts of you that you don't recognise or see.
      Last edited by Superman1; 12-20-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Member Achievements:
      Populated Wall Tagger First Class 3 years registered 1000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      300+
      I have this sometimes, and sometimes i can see a certain someone's face and other times not. It depends on how lucid you are in dreams.