• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Deja Vu and dreams

I heard once from some dream expert (forget his name) that when deja vu's occur, it's because you had a dream of what's happening at that moment... basically you had a prophetic dream, and whatever the deja vu was, it was just you reliving your dream. Hope that makes sense! Does this sound familiar to anyone? I thought it was really interesting... not sure if I believe it but I'd like to learn more about it
      Close the world, open the next...

Chicago
      Ive heard that but I dont believe it at all, because the deja vu Ive had has been so exacting to the world around me and the conciousness that Im in. It might involve doing some complex math too, which isnt possible in dreams. I know my deja vu experiences had nothing to do with dreams.
      I'm in Chasing Mars, one of Chicago's best [link removed - ask for permision]indie rock bands[/url]! <------CLICK FOR FREE MUSIC

I've actually read in quite a few books, articles and websites that you don't experience anything in this reality without having dreamt it first. Like the dream realm is the playground or practice area before something becomes manifested in the physical.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I definitely believe in prophetic dreams and hence the experience of Deja Vu, but to believe this happens everynight......I don't know.

I do know that is possible to visit certain places while astral projecting. Whether your conscious of the projection or not, when you visit that same place later in time, you'll experience Deja Vu. Hmm.........
      Ask and you shall know.

I do know that is possible to visit certain places while astral projecting. Whether your conscious of the projection or not, when you visit that same place later in time, you'll experience Deja Vu. Hmm.........[/b]
      how can you experience astral projection without knowing it?
      Close the world, open the next...

[quote]

how can you experience astral projection without knowing it?
      I would say that if you have an astral projection experience you will know if for sure. You will be too freaked out (or excited depending on where you are in life) not to know.

Blissful

I have a nack for understanding the unkown, or atleast thinking I do. That could explain why I'm uh... different.

I've had a few deja vu dreams and here is my definition what they symbolize. They are normally triggered by some form of regret or urge to understand more then you can comprehence. If you are a very passionate person deep down you will more likely have deja vu dreams.

I remember when I was young that I had a dream about hell/devil twice within the same week. Except unlike the first dream where I was uncertain of the change, the second dream I could be more focused and change the outcome. I wish I kept a journal when I was younger.
      Existance has no beggining nor end, but will always have purpose.

Gameover Said
      It might involve doing some complex math too, which isnt possible in dreams[/b]
      I know this is unrealted at the moment, but I actually studied for a test in a dream once, so I know for a fact that it's possible to do intensive mathematical thought in a dream. It could be that I'm always using math though.

I think that deja vu isn't always a dream. I used to though. If I have a deja vu that starts out as a dream, then my dream will only last as long as the deja vu moment is.

After reading more about what other people have to say about deja vu, I agree that deja vu isnt always from a dream. It's like a new level of momentary realization. You know whats gonna happen, but it didnt necessarily start out as a dream.

I think you should talk to Dreamseal. He's definitely a deja vu and lucid expert.

I had an extreme case of deja'vu once when I was neaar a house and as street and there was a fence and I was walking. I very clearly remmeber doing another action there previously and that i couldn't pull it out my memory to figure out when it was. I was baffled because when I woke up I only remember being there the first time. Wierd.

Avatar and Signature Created by Bornslip

My take on deja-vus/dreaming

Hmm...deja-vus. This is rough, uneducated and definitely not based on any research. I'm just a person who became self aware (during the waking hour and in my dreams), and through this awareness, was able to explore what was happening to me.

You are four parts: your mind, your body, your spirit (the eternal part of you (ancient)) and your soul (your essence/aura for this life).

Specifically, you might ask, what is the difference between the spirit and the soul? Here's your answer: Your soul is your astral body and your spirit is your "higher" mind. It works in the same way your brain (lower thoughts) and body work together. It is essentially the same type of relationship.

Mind
      Body

Spirit
      Soul

What most people don't know is that they travel almost every night when they sleep. The people that realize that they are having this experience often explain it as being asleep in their room, unable to move, feeling frozen with the ability to see everything happening in the room. The reason these people can't move their physical bodies is because they're trying to move their physical bodies (which are sleep) and they're actually outside their bodies (soul) viewing everthing with the spirit and translating with their brain. For what purpose? Well, because they are their spirits first and it's the nature of being a spirit...to travel (with the soul body, of course). That's a most important thing to know. This is what most people remember about the experience, but there is so much more. It this state, as you go deeper, either you: Connect with God, time travel, travel to local or foreign lands to witness events, visit people on this plane or on the other side, etc, etc..Who knows the reasons? I suspect it's to help us overall with life and all of its adversities and trials; to help us achieve, overcome; to warn, if neccessary.

As a result, it's important to realize that the higher mind (spirit) knows almost everything and in most cases, it has seen your future. It's hard to believe, but just because your spirit knows something, it doesn't mean your brain knows. However, when the brain does see something (during the waking hour), it cross-references the scene with the spirit instantaneously, almost like a computer. When it does, sometimes there is recognition. As a result, you experience deja-vus. That's where they come from; your spirit knows the future and your brain, during cross referencing, recognizes what the spirit already knows. Along these lines you must understand that dreams are simply the lower mind's (brain) attempt to translate what the spirit (higher mind) is seeing or experiencing. This is the reason that dreams sometime make perfect sense, but they have weird elements to them (blue pigs flying, pink clouds, etc.). That is because the brain is creating images to interpret what spirit knows and because it is lower, it doesn't always get it right. Actually, it gets it right, but the images are definitely subject to interpretation.

Also of importance: Your spirit is eternal and is VERY wise. Life is a journey and experiences contribute to your growth. Your own spirit will keep things away from you. Let me rephrase that: you'll keep details away from yourself until you are ready to accept them. This is probably the hardest thing for most people to accept. Most people would hardly believe that they know the future but would still allow themselves to go through certain things and not prevent them. As previously stated, your own spirit is wise and knows what will add to your existence down the road.

Q.

wow that was beautiful

actually, it was verycomplicated and confusing. But anyways, that dejavu stuff. I hate it. keeps happening to me. IT's a bad thing because it always happens when I'm doing an importaint action (like 1 sec before punching someone) and I remember doing this fore soemwhere else, so I suddenly freeze with confuzion while the other guy smacks me on the head) I don't think it's from the dream. I heard it's because of a vague memory that occured in the past and it feels like it's de ja vu ing.