• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Fantastic OBE technique, BEEDEKIN'S METHOD

Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      honolulu, Hawaii
      DJ Entries
      I tried this, and it worked very well for my first attempt. I am going to keep trying. I'll write the details in my DJ.
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      150(ish)
      Århus, Denmark
      DJ Entries
      Okies so,

First post on the forums, first structured WILD attempt, instinctively tried this method (have never tried OOBEs or AP before, help would be appreciated =P)

Focused on my breathing, there was a shift in awareness and I felt numb. I couldn't comprehend lying on my stomach and floating above though. My head was kept stuck firmly to the pillow. I kept grasping for the rope willing myself to trust it was there. After a little I felt my body lapse and I was back to just lying in my bed. Not quite sure if it was possible to attain a second SP, I continued focusing on my breathing and looking out for hallucinations and waited/trusted for the state to kick in again.. off course at this time I was a bit more excited and had a great sense of awareness due to elevated excitement. The second time around I tried specifically to listen out for audio hallucinations (which I am not good at) I eventually heard a voice.. just once.. calling ”Just run it” so I started to run making sure I felt out for my legs running and my arms swinging towards a light portal, cannot define how close or far away it was, not caring if I would reach it or not, I just kept repeating to myself that "it is just there" (wherever that may be). At one point I noticed the shift in awareness from the first experience, so I leaped and grabbed the rope. This time I shouted to myself ”Pull yourself free goddamnit” I didn't care this time what was up and down and the verbal commanding seemed to make a difference, as all of a sudden I feel my legs starting to lift from the bed slowly and steadily. This time i start feeling my head and chest let go and I am firmly with ”the climbing me”. I notice my head is starting to float as well. Again it slowly keeps rising until I hit a crucial mental barrier ”Maybe I am just lifting myself off the bed and actually doing it IRL” I open my eyes and find myself 15-20 centimetres (measured at the head) above the bed, however I notice a quick shift in the colour of my bedsheets before I realise that the pulling sensation is gone and I have to support my body with my arms. I get extremely excited and decide to go on the forums and slap on my first post.

Now here is the million dollar question, am I on the right track or doing something wrong? (well considering that I am trying to WILD, I might be trying something completely off)

On a side note I feel almost euphoric and have a very uplifted feeling running through my entire body.

With a "C", baby. A "C".
      Bronx, NY
      Dude, you were spot on. Seriously, that was awesome. Could you describe your shift more accurately? I'm interested to read what it felt like.
      Lucid dreams, gotta love em.

LD Count
      honolulu, Hawaii
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Vesterguard View Post
      Okies so,

First post on the forums, first structured WILD attempt, instinctively tried this method (have never tried OOBEs or AP before, help would be appreciated =P)

Focused on my breathing, there was a shift in awareness and I felt numb. I couldn't comprehend lying on my stomach and floating above though. My head was kept stuck firmly to the pillow. I kept grasping for the rope willing myself to trust it was there. After a little I felt my body lapse and I was back to just lying in my bed. Not quite sure if it was possible to attain a second SP, I continued focusing on my breathing and looking out for hallucinations and waited/trusted for the state to kick in again.. off course at this time I was a bit more excited and had a great sense of awareness due to elevated excitement. The second time around I tried specifically to listen out for audio hallucinations (which I am not good at) I eventually heard a voice.. just once.. calling ”Just run it” so I started to run making sure I felt out for my legs running and my arms swinging towards a light portal, cannot define how close or far away it was, not caring if I would reach it or not, I just kept repeating to myself that "it is just there" (wherever that may be). At one point I noticed the shift in awareness from the first experience, so I leaped and grabbed the rope. This time I shouted to myself ”Pull yourself free goddamnit” I didn't care this time what was up and down and the verbal commanding seemed to make a difference, as all of a sudden I feel my legs starting to lift from the bed slowly and steadily. This time i start feeling my head and chest let go and I am firmly with ”the climbing me”. I notice my head is starting to float as well. Again it slowly keeps rising until I hit a crucial mental barrier ”Maybe I am just lifting myself off the bed and actually doing it IRL” I open my eyes and find myself 15-20 centimetres (measured at the head) above the bed, however I notice a quick shift in the colour of my bedsheets before I realise that the pulling sensation is gone and I have to support my body with my arms. I get extremely excited and decide to go on the forums and slap on my first post.

Now here is the million dollar question, am I on the right track or doing something wrong? (well considering that I am trying to WILD, I might be trying something completely off)

On a side note I feel almost euphoric and have a very uplifted feeling running through my entire body.
      So at what point did you awake?

That was astral projection, not a WILD. Good job!
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

Member Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Vivid Dream Journal Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      150(ish)
      Århus, Denmark
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Elucive View Post
      Dude, you were spot on. Seriously, that was awesome. Could you describe your shift more accurately? I'm interested to read what it felt like.
      I can try, but as I am so new to all of this it might be difficult ^^

I am focusing on my breath and the shift I felt might be connected with entering SP. I notice that as my body relax I loose track of how my breathing feels on the inside. My awareness shifts so I am listening to the air going through my nostrils (and only the tip of my nose) and (OK this might be difficult to get across) the point where I exist (lets call it my point of awarenes) becomes firmly locked right behind my eyes.

Also when you start pulling the rope there is a bodily displacement sensation going on, I feel like I am lying in two places though partially occupying the same space. And on the most successful attempt I feel the my point of consciousness repeatedly shift from right behind my eyes to a point a couple of metres above my back (I am lying on my stomach), although I would think it is supposed to stay behind my back.

The thing I am now looking out for is an intensification of focus, when your point of awareness becomes clear and in one place (as opposed to the mind drifting), that is when you know you are close.

Quote Originally Posted by WakingNomad View Post
      So at what point did you awake?

That was astral projection, not a WILD. Good job!
      Well I am not entirely sure, for all I am aware I never fell asleep although I entered SP. I wasn't able to ever release myself completely from my physical body, and I am not sure where I was when the colours of my bed sheet shifted. However the pulling sensation in my body ceased when the colours shifted back to normal, and I had to support my chest with my arms (to avoid falling face first down a very soft mattress ^^)

On a side note I had my first successful WILD during a nap attempt later that morning, still riding a high from this wonderful experience, yay me ^^.

On a later WILD attempt I tried this technique and found it better to shout “pull yourself up” as opposed to “pull yourself free” to loosen the mind from the physical body, and I, more easily, drifted upwards. I dropped it quickly though as my intentions with my WILD project is to reach the moon ASAP

Still have a hell of a long journey to go through to reach that though!

Dunno if this helps.

LD Count
      honolulu, Hawaii
      DJ Entries
      You don't always fall asleep when you AP. The colors shifted because on the astral plane, you see something of the physical (your bed) with the dream plane (the colors shifting.) The fact that you floated is great! I am focusing on AP a lot right now, too.

With a "C", baby. A "C".
      Bronx, NY
      Vester, your progress is amazing. Thanks for the read. You seem to be a natural.
      Lucid dreams, gotta love em.

DJ Entries
      What an interesting thread. I will have to try this one out one evening.

Quote Originally Posted by WakingNomad View Post
      I tried this, and it worked very well for my first attempt. I am going to keep trying. I'll write the details in my DJ.
      Awesome
      Last edited by mcwillis; 04-24-2012 at 10:52 PM.

Please click on the links below, more techniques under investigation to come soon...

Member Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class

I dont get the "non rem nap"... When you nap you enter REM dont you?? How do you nonrem nap xD
      Im skeptic because.. I think its hard to have an obe after a REM nap. shouldnt it be? Cuz your done with REM..

DebraJane Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Vivid Dream Journal Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_9400D3'>EbbTide000</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      Adelaide, South Australia
      DJ Entries
      Someone

on Saltcube just linked this thread. They already had hundreds of OOBE's over the last 20 years and recomend the Opening Post technique of this thread. As a result I am bumping and "liking" this thread soI can find it quickly.
      EbbTide000's Signature.
      My original username was debraJane, later I became Havago. Click link below!
      What are Your Thoughts on This?
      http://www.dreamviews.com/beyond-dre...houghts-2.html

Guess will try this tonight........

Amateur WILDer
      Definitely trying this out. It sounds like it could way more effective than WBTB. In WBTB, the challenge usually ends up staying asleep long enough to have a good lengthy experience. My best lucids have been very early in the morning. It's amazing how much more emotion you can have when your body really needs to sleep.

I am not sure what "non-REM" nap means though? All of my naps seem to consist of something in between waking and dream reality. I never have any full blown dreams during naps (unless I'm sleep deprived), but I always have what seems like very detailed thoughts, or even "dreams with almost no light" - best I can describe.
      Last edited by blade5x; 05-27-2013 at 10:20 PM.

Lurker
      I read through and tried the techniques, but guess I wasn't that calmed but when I went to sleep and was half awake during the middle of the night though, I felt like there was some sort of vibration and I thought I was in the middle of shifting but I soon got scared because it was night time- yes I have a fear of darkness at night, sometimes and that was one of those times- so I tried to open my eyes but then I was only able to open it after a few seconds and it felt like the vibrationwas stopping and there's was a cold rush in my body. I'm just wondering is that it or was that a lucid dream or something from my imagination?

Lurker
      Quote Originally Posted by Starbright1234 View Post
      I read through and tried the techniques, but guess I wasn't that calmed but when I went to sleep and was half awake during the middle of the night though, I felt like there was some sort of vibration and I thought I was in the middle of shifting but I soon got scared because it was night time- yes I have a fear of darkness at night, sometimes and that was one of those times- so I tried to open my eyes but then I was only able to open it after a few seconds and it felt like the vibrationwas stopping and there's was a cold rush in my body. I'm just wondering is that it or was that a lucid dream or something from my imagination?
      Btw when I had the vibrations I didn't really pay attention so i basically heard silence even though the fan could be heard when I was trying and failed. And it pretty much felt like a little vibrtion not as strong as that of a phone but I could feel my lips quivering continuosly in a sense and then realize my whole body was reacting the same way and all of this happened after I slept without dreaming so the same question above..... and when you '"feel around" would you be able to feel your astral hands or something or is it something you expect to happen and be there like the rope?
      sleephoax likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2