• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Pot and lucidity.

I have noticed whenever I smoke pot sometime in the morning and then fall asleep as I'm coming down I always have very, very vivid dreams and about 7/10 times it will turn lucid, but when i smoke in the late afternoon and I come down whenever I'm about to sleep for the night I never remember my dreams though I know I had them and the feelings in them stay with me after i wake up in the morning. does anyone know anything about this?

USA
      When you fall asleep again in the morning your body is still geared up for sleep so it's like a WILD on a mind altering substance. Smoking at night will put you to sleep but it'll dampen the REM phase sleep where you have most dreams and you will most likely forget your dreams.

Wales
      I don't know much about weed. But we get a lot of questions on it here. Maybe a tutorial would be useful.
      Apachama: Noun. Slimey things made of dust.

"Everything is beautiful"

Da Zone
      "If you realize Sunyata (the void), compassion will arise within your hearts; and when you lose all differentiation between yourself and others, then you will be fit to serve others." - Milarepa

Joplin, Missouri
      I know what you mean. When I wake and bake and then fall back asleep I always have a lucid dream. But I dont have regular dreams anymore really. I mostly have lucid dreams. But I know exactly what you mean about smoking inconnection to having lucid dreams. Ive had them from doing the same thing.

Joplin, Missouri
      Quote Originally Posted by ThE_SmaK View Post
      I have noticed whenever I smoke pot sometime in the morning and then fall asleep as I'm coming down I always have very, very vivid dreams and about 7/10 times it will turn lucid, but when i smoke in the late afternoon and I come down whenever I'm about to sleep for the night I never remember my dreams though I know I had them and the feelings in them stay with me after i wake up in the morning. does anyone know anything about this?
      I posted a thread about medication effecting lucid dreams and recalling them. When I take Xanax to help me sleep it is harder for me to recall the dream or even recall having a lucid dream at all. So I cant really say I had one or not since I couldnt recall having it. So smoking pot might effect it. I mean I do know a lot about pot and its make up and how it effects your consious mind. But I cant really say I know how it effects your unconsious mind and your dreams.

Banned
      El Paso
      pot suppresses, supposedly kills dream sleep.

The good thing about this is your body is always fighting to stay balanced!

Smoke some weed (or drink, which suppresses it too) then go to bed. Your body will bounce back to overcompensate in the late morning with a overload of pure REM sleep to compensate for all the deep sleep you got while the weed was is your system.

There are many drugs that do this too!... drugs that great for lucid dreaming, but i this "indirect" way.
      Drugs (supplements) such as Melatonin, to name one thats popular.

Joplin, Missouri
      Quote Originally Posted by RunflaCruiser View Post
      pot suppresses, supposedly kills dream sleep.

The good thing about this is your body is always fighting to stay balanced!

Smoke some weed (or drink, which suppresses it too) then go to bed. Your body will bounce back to overcompensate in the late morning with a overload of pure REM sleep to compensate for all the deep sleep you got while the weed was is your system.

There are many drugs that do this too!... drugs that great for lucid dreaming, but i this "indirect" way.
      Drugs (supplements) such as Melatonin, to name one thats popular.
      I take Melatonin for sleep as well as Seroquel.

Banned
      El Paso
      I haven't heard of Seroquel yet.

Whats it do?

Joplin, Missouri
      it was originally made for skitso's but now they give it out for people who have insomnia

Da Zone
      Seroquel is an atypical antipsychotic, as kutthroat mentioned its often prescribed for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Like with many antipsychotics, there is a high risk of serious side effects, many of which are irreversible, such as tardive dyskinesia, so its typically only used in severe cases of psychosis. A friend of mine developed bells palsy after being prescribed seroquel, fortunately it did go away after several months of discontinuing the drug.
      "If you realize Sunyata (the void), compassion will arise within your hearts; and when you lose all differentiation between yourself and others, then you will be fit to serve others." - Milarepa

Banned
      El Paso
      sounds like its better to stick with supps rather than drugs...

Joplin, Missouri
      even though its an antipsycotic...but Ive never heard of anyone getting irreversable side effects. The people I know that are skitso take 6 to 9 times the dose I take for my insomnia...

Da Zone
      Quote Originally Posted by kut_throat View Post
      even though its an antipsycotic...but Ive never heard of anyone getting irreversable side effects. The people I know that are skitso take 6 to 9 times the dose I take for my insomnia...
      btw Antipsychotics are also commonly used for seizure prophylaxis. In general antipsychotics are very dangerous. For one, several of them are known to cause stevens-johnson syndrome, a rash that can progress to much of your skin falling off, severe organ damage, and blindness, the mortality rate is about 5%. Images of this syndrome(warning: these are graphic)->
      http://travistrittjunky.smugmug.com/...28782781-L.jpg
      http://www.fromthewilderness.com/ima...nSyndrome2.jpg
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/sdhawan/1367447752/

The most common incurable side effect is tardive dyskinesia. The majority of other serious side effects will stop within 6 months of discontinuing. Rarely seroquel can also cause neuroleptic malignant syndrome, which can be fatal.

"There is a risk of development of tardive dyskinesia, an incurable neurological disorder, with any prolonged use of quetiapine and some other neuroleptic drugs. However, quetiapine is believed to cause tardive dyskinesia somewhat less often than typical antipsychotics based on the data sources which point to placebo-level incidence of extrapyramidal side effects."

Ghaemi, S. Nassir, M.D.; Ko, James Y., A.B (October 2001).
      "Quetiapine-related tardive dyskinesia.".

Am J Psychiatry. 1999 May;156(5):796-7.
      "Tardive dyskinesia with quetiapine"

EDIT: Quetiapine = Seroquel
      Last edited by lucid4sho; 08-09-2008 at 01:11 AM.