• 5 Post By reci
    • 1 Post By Noogah

Thread: How to Fall Asleep FASTER

Achievements:
      Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      -

How to Fall Asleep FASTER

This can be used with most any technique for inducing a lucid dream.

Because many people have trouble falling asleep, I decided to make this tutorial. It's worked every time for me and I hope the same for you.

Preparation
      I recommend having a steady sleeping schedule. Be active by exercising out in the sun about every day. The sun's rays will boost your melatonin levels which will help you fall asleep. One can also take melatonin supplements. Exercising also helps.

Comfort
      Before going to bed, rid yourself of hunger, thirst, and bathroom urges. Just don't drink too much! I have also heard that taking a warm bath or shower calms you down.

Thoughtlessness
      Lay down in the supine position (on your back). Clear your mind of all things. This will take time to become efficient. I've heard some people write down their worries/concerns on paper so they know they won't forget them the next day. When clearing your mind, refrain from internal dialog (talking to your self).

Relax
      Once you are comfortable and have no thoughts clouding your mind, it's time to relax. I recommend the 61 point relaxation technique. Once again, this can take some time when learning how to do this, but in time it will be quicker. Start by relaxing all the muscles from the top of your head and work your way down through your arms and fingers. Down your torso, legs, toes, and back up through your torso to the top of your head once again. I usually take 5 to 10 minutes doing this. I strongly urge you to take your time with this step and not to only go through the motions. Continue this process until your eyes are heavy (usually takes me 1 or 2 cycles). When your eyes begin to feel heavy, continue and finish the current cycle.

Note: Sometimes I go into SP (sleep paralysis) while performing this. I simply ignore it and continue with relaxing. If this happens to you, you can experiment with it if you want.

Roll Over
      Your eyes are now heavy. If you do not find laying on your back a suitable position to fall asleep in, simply roll over to your side or front. I normally roll over to my side as it is most comfortable for me. Simply maintain thoughtlessness and relaxation. If you have not yet fallen asleep, be sure you have followed the directions and start again from the relaxation step.
      Tutorial: How to Fall Asleep Faster
      You are dreaming.Do a reality check.

Credo ut intelligam Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      What if you lose consciousness?
      John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Achievements:
      LD Count
      -
      Quote Originally Posted by Noogah View Post
      What if you lose consciousness?
      If you mean, "what if you fall asleep?", it worked!
      Noogah, Lunatide, angie746 and 2 others like this.

Credo ut intelligam Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Oh! Good point.

For some reason, I seemed to think you were trying to show people how to gain SP. My bad!
      angie746 likes this.
      John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Dream Enthusiast Achievements:
      1 year registered Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      United States
      this is EXACTLY how I establish SP when doing my WBTB

LD Count
      50+
      montréal
      DJ Entries
      Your technique should be used to get SP I'm pretty sure it works i'll try it while WILDing
      _____________________________________frederom's inner world ______________________________________
      Achievements and goals :
      FLY(X), walk through a wall (X), telekinesis (X), slow time (X) , summon an object ( ), meet my dream guild (soon), control the sun ( ), super speed ( ), master elements avatar style ( ), teleport at will ( )

MY Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      5000+
      US
      DJ Entries
      This is great thanks. I'm going to use it now, as I have trouble going to bed at night. What a god send.

-CV
      Having Trouble With Dream Control and Clarity? Reflex Stabilization Technique

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Tagger First Class 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Referrer Bronze Made Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Lost count
      California
      DJ Entries
      ooo this is exactly what I need, I'l try it tonight!

MY Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      5000+
      US
      DJ Entries
      It worked ok I guess. Its faster than usual, thats about it, but not much faster..
      -CV
      Having Trouble With Dream Control and Clarity? Reflex Stabilization Technique

Banned
      You forgot one drink with alcohol, one hour before bedtime...lol

Or listening to a bit of meditation music which I find relaxing

LD Count
      Australia
      Doesn't rolling over tend to disrupt the way in which most people attain SP or fall asleep? I mean, it does for me
      --------
      DILDs: 8
      WILDs: 1
      LDs: 9
      --------
      DreamViews Dream Journal and Goals Coming Soon!

LD Count
      Wonderland, NM
      good guide, i'm going to look into trying that 61 pt relaxation technique
      though usually i just have to go over my day in detail from when i woke up til i go to sleep to easily fall asleep.

LD Count
      I don't know what it is, but I have a real problem stopping my internal dialogue. It's almost like whenever I feel an emotion I need to express it through words in my head. I've known about 61 point for years, and I've probably never done it right because I always have internal dialogue. Maybe I just need practice. :-/

Wololo Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger Second Class 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Spiral out, keep going.
      DJ Entries
      Shit, I just typed out a great response and hit reply, next thing I know it's gone and I'm logged out.

It's pretty late, I'll rewrite it tomorrow.

Achievements:
      LD Count
      -
      Try looking up meditation. It can help you with your control over internal dialogue.

Achievements:
      LD Count
      -
      Edit: it posted twice !?
      Last edited by PR0G4P4RV18; 06-09-2010 at 12:59 AM.

Russia, Moscow
      I can't understand one thing: if you get a sleep paralysis after relaxing is means that you are already sleeping in fact. There is no spoon... i mean, you should only stand up (not with your body, but with your... well... mind?) without moving a single muscle (tricky thing) and whoa! it is a dream. You are sleeping and you dream about you standing up. You know the rest. I got the LD 2 times (of six I ever had) with it. The hard part is to get the paralysis.

LD Count
      50+
      montréal
      DJ Entries
      beeing in sleep paralysis doesn't mean you are dreaming you must be in REM cycle. you should wait for the transition part (you'll suddenly find your self in a dream) or do a reality check if nothing happens withing a minute cuz you may experience a false awakening
      _____________________________________frederom's inner world ______________________________________
      Achievements and goals :
      FLY(X), walk through a wall (X), telekinesis (X), slow time (X) , summon an object ( ), meet my dream guild (soon), control the sun ( ), super speed ( ), master elements avatar style ( ), teleport at will ( )

Next-Level EpicOneironaut Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Epic
      DJ Entries
      Nice tutorial! Yes, it can be used as a WILD techique, but you will need to keep a little bit of awareness for that. Completely 'throw away' your conciousness to fall asleep easily. Stopping internal dialogue is key, but don't focus on doing that! Just let your mind ramble and don't 'listen' to what it says. Just fall deeper into relaxation without staying aware AT ALL, and you will be asleep in no time.

Walrus Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Tagger First Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Lost count.
      England
      DJ Entries
      This is what I was looking for It takes me about 2-3 hours to sleep so I guess this is what I could use. I struggle getting up for school because of my lack of sleep. This could help with everyday life for me in a HUGE way. Maybe I won't feel tired and then do some decent exercise to get rid of my blood clot. Maybe I will revise for finals next week because I'm not tired. Maybe I could communicate with everyone more, because I won't be feeling tired. I may be over thinking but this could save my tired life O.o