• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Thread: I cant DILD!

Question I cant DILD!

hey everyone, for a while i have been trying to do a WILD ( that sounded like easiest way for me, and on my first try i ALMOST got to one before i got excited) and i found people get more lucids from DILDS. My problem is i Rc once or twice then i forget the rest of the day. My dreams arent that vivid, and i usually just go with everything thinking its real, because even though strange things happen in my dreams (like i met billy mays in one...Lol!) they seem real and could acctually happen. then i woke up and i was like,"wow, billy mays is a nice person; Oh darn! hes dead!". I need some help. Really. can anyone help me here?

Bird Brain Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Populated Wall 10000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      Lost count.
      DJ Entries
      The vividness of your dreams could do with some enhancement. Drinking a glass of apple juice an hour or two before bed can help you remember your dreams better and just make them more "vivid". Taking vitamin B6 supplements can also help.

Tape notes around the house if you have to, just make sure you keep reality checking! I suggest randomizing the times you stop and consider the fact that you could be dreaming (if you see a note and are reminded to RC, wait a few minutes and do it in a different location), because you might not have a cue in the dream. Most lucidity comes from instant surges of awareness; for me at least.

Good luck!
      We all live in a kind of continuous dream. When we wake, it is because something,
      some event, some pinprick even, disturbs the edges of what we have taken as reality.

Vandermeer

SAT (Sporadic Awareness Technique) Guide
      Have questions about lucid dreaming? DM me.

DJ Entries
      I would recommend you to Download Lucille. It's a software that shows custom massages (like "Do a reallity check!" or "Am I dreaming?") in custom intervals (every 5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc).
      You can download it here. There are lots of LDs softwares in this website.
      I hope that helps!

Give it some gas tiny!!! renzokuken's Avatar
      LD Count
      long island NY
      i need to try DILD because WILD isnt working for sh*t

LD Count
      Tons
      Bay Area, California
      DJ Entries
      When you do your reality checks, think about how you are going to do them next time you're dreaming. Don't just do them without thinking about what you are doing. Picture yourself doing the RC in a dream. How will it feel? What crazy stuff will happen when it fails? What feels different about a dream? You want to fix the intention to become lucid in your prospective memory. Remember to reality check next time you are dreaming.

http://bit.ly/GoToCME Clyde Machine's Avatar
      LD Count
      Above 31.
      Midland, Michigan
      DJ Entries
      Correction to the title:
      It's not that you can't DILD, it's that you haven't had a DILD yet. Proper motivation, mate!
      DV Dictionary. / Verious: a definition. /

I'm not on DV much these days, but I'll try to toss a cool dream or two into my DJ.

LD Count
      Moonside
      DJ Entries
      Try to use MILD to get a DILD. I hear it's good for beginners who want to DILD.
      I don't usually think, therefore I mostly am not.
      Quote Originally Posted by abicus View Post
      You can not convince the one with faith who needs not look for fact that the facts "prove them wrong".
      Likewise, you cant teach some one who looks for facts to have faith in the absence of facts.

alright thanks guys

The Dreamer Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made Friends on DV Referrer Bronze 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      100+
      Chicago
      I suggest setting your phone or watch to beep hourly, and everytime it does RC. Also, make yourself RC every time you walk through a door or transition under, or out from under any kind of roof, like walking in a building or out of building... this will make sure you are reality checking regularly, then when in dreams, if you do the same thing, you will get lucid often...

Carolina
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by atkins513 View Post
      I suggest setting your phone or watch to beep hourly, and everytime it does RC. .
      I would disagree with this. You shouldn't rely on something like this to RC because its not likely to happen in your dreams. You're problem seems to me is that you don't have much INTENT. If you don't remember to to them in waking life, how do you think you're going to remember to do them in your dreams? Try this:

1) At the beginning of the day, make a list of 4-5 random things like so:
      -When I see a red car
      -When I see a vegetable.
      -When I hear someone call my name.
      Etc. etc..... And throughout the day, when these things happen, perform a reality check. I would recommend in the morning to devote at least 5 minutes "meditating" on this and to tell yourself over and over that you will RC when these things happen!

2) At night when you're going to bed, tell yourself to do a RC! Meditate on this before bed and I think you'll see great results.

In theory, this is called the MILD technique, but honestly, you wont see much progress with the DILD technique without a little bit of MILD thrown in there. So basically, you need to teach your mind INTENT. To have the INTENT to do something in the future. Learn to have INTENT in waking life, and it will carry over in the dream state! Hope this helps!
      "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"