Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Purebreds WBTB DEILD Tutorial / Lucid Dreams regularly

LD Count
      Many
      YouWontVisit
      DJ Entries

Purebreds WBTB DEILD Tutorial / Lucid Dreams regularly

There are so many tutorials on the forum. For example, you probably know what DEILD is and the basic concept of it. But all of the tutorials lack important information, which is the cause of all the unsuccessful experiences. That's why, I decided, to create this thread and sum up everything I know and everything I've experienced so far, considering practise of the fabulous technique - DEILD. It's up to you to follow these instructions or not, but keep in mind, that for the past 6 months, I've experimented with this specific way to enter the world of Lucid Dreaming and I only want to help for those, who are struggling.

P.S. Thank you, Michael Raduga, for all the knowledge and information you passed.

What is DEILD and how my tutorial is different.
      Dream Exit Initiated Lucid Dream. The title explains itself. Even thou, it's a little bit misleading. Exiting a dream basically means recognizing a state of your mind, which appears, when you are counsciously leaving your about-to-end dream. And it is not crucial thing for this technique to work. In fact, it is too hard for beginners, because it requires a lot of experience and good dream recall. What I'm trying to say, is that even if you move after waking up, the possibility of entering LD is still high. DEILD, in my opinion, is finding yourself awake in the middle of a night (or early morning) and applying some specific techniques, which result in Lucid Dream. So, let's move on.

Step 1: WBTB
      REM sleep normally occurs close to the morning, that's why dream recall gets better and it is 100x times easier to achieve Lucid Dream if you use Wake Back To Bed (WBTB) method. When trying to succeed at DEILD this is not an exception. Waking up after 4 - 6 hours of sleep and staying awake for 3 - 50 minutes (you should leave your bad and go to the toilet or get a glass of water) is very important.

Step 2: Building Motivation
      Motivation is crucial thing in our lives. Without it, we wouldn't be able to reach anything and existence itself would be pointless. Lucid Dreaming is the same. Without motivation, it would be close to impossible to explore the amazing world of our dreams. There are few ways to build our motivation up, while we are using WBTB method:

*Decide what you are going to do after entering Lucid Dream. In other words, have a plan consisting of few steps. For example:
      1. Touch evertyhing around for stabilization.
      2. Fly around the world.
      3. Kick a puppy.
      And so on.

*Another great way to build up your motivation is getting horny. It sounds stupid, but it does work. Just before you go back to bed after WBTB, imagine a sex scene with a girl of your dreams. Believe me, it does work, because all you want to is materialize your imagination, once you are in Lucid Dream. Super effective. But your Lucid Dream can get wasted too, if you know what I mean.

* Mantras are pretty helpful too. Repeating in your head "I'm the GOD of Lucid Dreaming" or "I succeed at Lucid Dreaming every time I try" builds up huge motivation. But don't use mantras, which are formed in future tense, like "I will succeed." Mantras like these leave space for doubts.

The best time to build your motivation is after sleeping for 4 - 6 hours or in other words - when using WBTB. But it can be done anytime you want and it always helps.
      Step 3 - Mantra for successful awakening
      After getting up for WBTB and building your motivation, go back to sleep. Now, your job is to fall asleep with mantra similar to this: "I won't move, when I wake up and I will remember to apply techniques." Science has proved that you wake up with the same thought in your head, tha*t you fell asleep with.

Step 4 - Waking up
      Now the hard part comes in. Conscious awakening is crucial for DEILD to work. Considering that you used WBTB and went back to bed with the mantra mentioned above will make it easier. You may fail at your first try, but don't give up and try another night. Eventually, you will get it. If you find yourself awake, but accidently fall asleep again, try to notice another one of your awakenings. There might be up to 5+ awakenings even on your first try.
      IMPORTANT
      The easiest way to wake up consciously is to exit a dream, but, as I mentioned before, there is no guaranteed way to do it, since it comes with time and experience. SO, EVEN IF YOU MOVE A LITTLE BIT, DO NOT GIVE UP. IT DECREASES THE CHANCE OF GETTING INTO LUCID DREAM, BUT POSSIBILITY STILL EXISTS
      Let's carry on to the most important thing - techniques.

Step 5 - Techniques
      Other DEILD tutorials lack this step. Their advice is to lay down and wait for your Lucid Dream to start. Wrong. There are many things you can and must do after successful conscious awakening. Here are some examples:

Nr. 1 Observe your closed eyelids. Do not stare at them, just observe. Let images pop up and pop out. Do not cling on any of them and slowly dift into them as you enter Lucid Dream. If there are no images after 5 seconds of observing, move on to the other technique.

Nr. 2 Listen around. Are there any unusual noises? Or maybe someone talking? If there are strange sounds - cling onto them. Try hearing them louder and louder. Once they are as loud as they can be, you are already in a Lucid Dream. All that's left is to stand up, levitate, roll out of the bed, fall through your bed without using your physical body. It sounds hard and strange, but it's easy once you try. If there are no sounds after 5 seconds of listening, move on to the other technique.

Nr. 3 Imagine that you are rubbing your hands in front of your eyes. Feel the warm sensation produced by intense rubbing. After few seconds you should actually see your hands, even thou your eyes are closed. This means you are already in a Lucid Dream and all that's left is to stand up, levitate, roll out of the bed, fall through your bed, without using your physical body. It sounds hard and strange, but it's easy once you try (Only Nr. 1 doesn't require this step, because images will suck you into Lucid Dream themselves).

If all 3 techniques fail, cycle through them again, starting with Nr.1. For example, you woke up, applied Nr. 1, but it didn't work. Than you applied Nr. 2, but it didn't work either, finally you applied Nr. 3 which failed to produce any results. Go back to the Nr. 1 and go through all of them again. If there are no results visible after few cycles, go back to sleep and try it again on your other conscious awakening.

There are many more techniques focusing on different senses of your body and it works differently for every individual. I don't want to write all of them, because it would take forever. If, by any chance, this thread gets some attention, I will post more.

P.S. FILD or Finger Induced Lucid Dream is one of the techniques described above, but, for some reason, it was seperated and even named.

Important notes
      *Do not try more than 3 - 4 times per week or you will end up getting Dry Spell. Why? Because unsuccessful experiences lead to the drop of motivation, which leads to the Dry Spell.

*Always analyze your experiences. Especally, if you failed. Write it in the comment section for advices.

*Find your own techniques, do not stick to the schedule.

Credit goes to me (Purebred) for writing this down. But all the information was taken from Michael Radugas books. Thank you.
      Last edited by Purebred; 02-03-2012 at 01:40 PM.
      My opinion:
      *Lucid Dreams, OBEs, Astral Projections are one and the same.
      *There are no levels of lucidity. Quality changes if you apply some deepening.
      *Lucid Dreams do not last more than 20 minutes.
      *Wolves are beautiful.
      DEILD + WBTB tutorial:
      http://www.dreamviews.com/f12/purebr...ularly-127873/

ShiNiGaMi Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      20ish
      M'sila
      DJ Entries

very good tutorial,but i have a Q ,why do you have to do WBTB?,i mean WBTB is used to raise your awerness and do a method after it ,what do you get from waking up for a WBTB and just fall asleep again and wake up for the deild,another Q,why shloudn't you do it more then 4 times per week,it can't effect your motivation if your mind accept that it will need practise to make this work,if you are aware of this you won't need to do it only 4 times per week.
      Last edited by Arch; 02-03-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww quote
      Previously known as areyoume

"A winner has to speak not of the world as it is, but of the world as it should be!"

LD Count
      Many
      YouWontVisit
      DJ Entries
      WBTB is used not for raising your awareness. Waking up after 6 hours and than going back to sleep again increases the chance of Lucid Dream, because REM period appears early in the morning. And, as we all know, vividly recalled dreams mostly occur during REM sleep.

You might think that it is not effecting your motivation, but it does. Every fail increases the amount of doubt in your mind. Don't worry about trying 4 times per week. There is still high possibilty that you will get Lucid Dream on your break days. It might be DEILD, MILD or DILD and I'm not making that up. There are a lot of statistics proving this fact.
      My opinion:
      *Wolves are beautiful.
      DEILD + WBTB tutorial:

ShiNiGaMi Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      LD Count
      20ish
      M'sila
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Purebred View Post
      WBTB is used not for raising your awareness. Waking up after 6 hours and than going back to sleep again increases the chance of Lucid Dream, because REM period appears early in the morning. And, as we all know, vividly recalled dreams mostly occur during REM sleep.

You might think that it is not effecting your motivation, but it does. Every fail increases the amount of doubt in your mind. Don't worry about trying 4 times per week. There is still high possibilty that you will get Lucid Dream on your break days. It might be DEILD, MILD or DILD and I'm not making that up. There are a lot of statistics proving this fact.
      belive me when i say,my motivation is not geting any where,i had 6 lds in 10 days ,how could it possiblly go down

"A winner has to speak not of the world as it is, but of the world as it should be!"

ShiNiGaMi Achievements:
      LD Count
      20ish
      M'sila
      DJ Entries

actually it is used to raise your awreness,motivation,and confidanse,why do you think that WBTB increases the chance of having Lucid Dream?WBTB does that because of the three factors i said earlier

LD Count
      Many
      YouWontVisit
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by areyoume View Post
      actually it is used to raise your awreness,motivation,and confidanse,why do you think that WBTB increases the chance of having Lucid Dream?WBTB does that because of the three factors i said earlier
      Yes, it increases motivation, motivation is almost the same thing as confidence and awareness, which helps you get conscious awakenings. Now let me repeat myself. REM or Rapid Eye Movement sleep occurs at early morning. You dream, when you are REM sleeping. When you are dreaming, you get Lucid Dreams. So: Early morning - REM - Dreams - Lucid Dreams. if you didn't use WBTB than you would get conscious awakenings in the middle of a night, not during REM period and the possibility of having LD would decrease.
      My opinion:
      *Wolves are beautiful.
      DEILD + WBTB tutorial:

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV
      DJ Entries
      REM or Rapid Eye Movement sleep occurs at early morning? i thought you come to rem every 90 mins or so? maybe its better for people to get lucid in the earlier hours cause they are more refreshed and alert and there minds are more alert? not a bad read, showed me where i been going wrong lately, i havnt been aware enough

Upside down Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      ~40
      DJ Entries
      But don't use mantras, which are formed in future tense, like "I will succeed." Mantras like these leave space for doubts.

mantra similar to this: "I won't move, when I wake up and I will remember to apply techniques."

EDIT: I really like step 5. I'll have to give this a try.
      Last edited by Anthonyyy0; 02-03-2012 at 03:39 PM.

LD Count
      Many
      YouWontVisit
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Anthonyyy0 View Post

EDIT: I really like step 5. I'll have to give this a try.
      I see what you did there
      You shouldn't use mantras which are formed in future tense, when building motivation, which is required NOW. In the quote Nr.2 you were really talking about future. Get it?
      Anthonyyy0 likes this.
      My opinion:
      *Wolves are beautiful.
      DEILD + WBTB tutorial:

LD Count
      Many
      YouWontVisit
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by acillis View Post
      REM or Rapid Eye Movement sleep occurs at early morning? i thought you come to rem every 90 mins or so? maybe its better for people to get lucid in the earlier hours cause they are more refreshed and alert and there minds are more alert? not a bad read, showed me where i been going wrong lately, i havnt been aware enough
      At early morning it occurs more often than every 90 mins. Because we are refreshed after all that non-REM sleep.
      My opinion:
      *Wolves are beautiful.
      DEILD + WBTB tutorial:

Upside down Achievements:
      Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV Vivid Dream Journal 5000 Hall Points Veteran Second Class
      LD Count
      ~40
      DJ Entries
      I see what you did there
      You shouldn't use mantras which are formed in future tense, when building motivation, which is required NOW. In the quote Nr.2 you were really talking about future. Get it?
      Yeah, that makes sense.

ShiNiGaMi Achievements:
      LD Count
      20ish
      M'sila
      DJ Entries
      Yes, it increases motivation, motivation is almost the same thing as confidence and awareness, which helps you get conscious awakenings. Now let me repeat myself. REM or Rapid Eye Movement sleep occurs at early morning. You dream, when you are REM sleeping. When you are dreaming, you get Lucid Dreams. So: Early morning - REM - Dreams - Lucid Dreams. if you didn't use WBTB than you would get conscious awakenings in the middle of a night, not during REM period and the possibility of having LD would decrease.
      actually,motivation is wanting that thing to happen and being exaited about it,confidanse means that you are sure that you will get that thing,as for awerness its knowing your surroundings,and being totly aware of your actions and such,its a big difference,and REM do not acur only in early morning hours,it also happens after 4.5,6,7.5,9,10.5 and go on,even if REM periods are longer in the morning ,i can just set my alarm after 6 hours of sleep and do a DEILD right after that,i don't have to wake up after 6 hours of sleep for WBTB then sleep then wake up again for DEILD

LD Count
      Many
      YouWontVisit
      DJ Entries
      You can't be motivated without being confident. Open wikipedia. REM occurs A LOT more often at early mornings, because you are refreshed after non-REM sleep you had during the night. DEILD, after alarm clock woke you up, is VERY hard to perform, because it makes you too alert.
      Are you trying to find flaws for enjoyment?
      My opinion:
      *Wolves are beautiful.
      DEILD + WBTB tutorial:

ShiNiGaMi Achievements:
      LD Count
      20ish
      M'sila
      DJ Entries
      You can't be motivated without being confident. Open wikipedia. REM occurs A LOT more often at early mornings, because you are refreshed after non-REM sleep you had during the night. DEILD, after alarm clock woke you up, is VERY hard to perform, because it makes you too alert.
      Are you trying to find flaws for enjoyment?
      dude,don't get me wrong,but why the hell do i need to wake up for WBTB in the MORNING,i can wake up in the MORNING due to good recall,and preform DEILD right after that,you are telling me to wake up,preform WBTB,sleep,wake up again and do a DEILED,what do i get from that? please do not tell me that REM inn the morning is longer, i know, i am asking why the WBTB.
      Last edited by areyoume; 02-03-2012 at 05:40 PM.

LD Count
      Many
      YouWontVisit
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by areyoume View Post
      dude,don't get me wrong,but why the hell do i need to wake up for WBTB in the MORNING,i can wake up in the MORNING due to good recall,and preform DEILD right after that,you are telling me to wake up,preform WBTB,sleep,wake up again and do a DEILED,what do i get from that? please do not tell me that REM inn the morning is longer, i know, i am asking why the WBTB.
      1. You can sleep with no worries for first 6 hours, because if you are not using WBTB, you woudn't know if you woke up in the middle of a night or in the early morning.
      2. Your awareness increases, as you said.
      3. Your motivation increases.
      And the most important thing. It is a lot EASIER to focus your mind on DEILD after WBTB.
      Anthonyyy0 and DinoSawr like this.
      My opinion:
      *Wolves are beautiful.
      DEILD + WBTB tutorial:

Banned
      Sweden
      DJ Entries
      Don't forget to read the new updated SOBT (School of out of body experience) book where Michael describes new indirect techniques such as (Swimming technique, Hand rubbing and so on) and also provides other pracctioners descriptions of how their experiences felt like.

I can also mention that I made up my own indirect technique (Actions performed upon awakening to see if you are dreaming).

I don't know what I should call it, something cool hmm.. The Inner voice technique!

What I do is that I imagine myself screaming and when I feel and here myself screaming for just a little bit, I amplify that sensation and then when it reaches it's peak I am dreaming and can just get up!

Good guide Purebred and I would love to hear about your experience within the phase, have you for instance tried to proove OBEs? Because that's what I am currently trying to.

LD Count
      Many
      YouWontVisit
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Choi View Post
      Don't forget to read the new updated SOBT (School of out of body experience) book where Michael describes new indirect techniques such as (Swimming technique, Hand rubbing and so on) and also provides other pracctioners descriptions of how their experiences felt like.

I can also mention that I made up my own indirect technique (Actions performed upon awakening to see if you are dreaming).

I don't know what I should call it, something cool hmm.. The Inner voice technique!

What I do is that I imagine myself screaming and when I feel and here myself screaming for just a little bit, I amplify that sensation and then when it reaches it's peak I am dreaming and can just get up!

Good guide Purebred and I would love to hear about your experience within the phase, have you for instance tried to proove OBEs? Because that's what I am currently trying to.
      Open up the new book of SOBT and ctrl+f LucidDreaming. you can find my experiences, which were posted in the Dream Jourbal of Dreamviews too.
      Wow. Tell me more about that screaming technique of yours.
      My opinion:
      *Wolves are beautiful.
      DEILD + WBTB tutorial:

I've tried Michael Radugas indirect technique a few days ago, and everytime I woke up to practise the techniques I started sweating like crazy. Needless to say I didn't succeed. Now I'm trying to custumize this technique a little, even though Michael disapproves of such attempts.

Sorry Michael

LD Count
      Many
      YouWontVisit
      DJ Entries
      Seriously? Sweating interupted your practice? Sorry, but that's very strange. You shouldn't customize techniques just because of that. But it's up to you...
      My opinion:
      *Wolves are beautiful.
      DEILD + WBTB tutorial:

Seriously? Sweating interupted your practice? Sorry, but that's very strange. You shouldn't customize techniques just because of that. But it's up to you...
      True story.
      In defense of Michael's technique, I have to admit that I wasn't very persisent with it, so maybe it would work out eventually.
      But with a little customizing by myself, I already managed to become semi lucid and had a few FA's in one night.

LD Count
      Many
      YouWontVisit
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Csorax View Post
      True story.
      In defense of Michael's technique, I have to admit that I wasn't very persisent with it, so maybe it would work out eventually.
      But with a little customizing by myself, I already managed to become semi lucid and had a few FA's in one night.
      At first, I wasn't persistent too, but once I tried with all my might, I succeeded. many times.
      My opinion:
      *Wolves are beautiful.
      DEILD + WBTB tutorial:

Dreamer Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Populated Wall 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      <span class='glow_00868B'>yuppie11975</span>'s Avatar
      Australia
      DJ Entries
      Uh-Oh, competition!
      I keed, great tutorial!
      -whispers- check out mine guys.. (kidding)
      I loved your methods for getting into the dream, they seem like they'd be great for staying concious!
      Nice work
      Please feel free to check out my DEILD guide: http://bit.ly/2DOqiyT

LD Count
      Many
      YouWontVisit
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by yuppie11975 View Post
      Uh-Oh, competition!
      I keed, great tutorial!
      -whispers- check out mine guys.. (kidding)
      I loved your methods for getting into the dream, they seem like they'd be great for staying concious!
      Nice work
      No. We are in one gank. We are pack of wolves.
      Besides, there is a very very old DEILD tutorial of mine, but it wasn't very popular, so I decided to remake it now, since I have more experience than I had then.
      yuppie11975 likes this.
      My opinion:
      *Wolves are beautiful.
      DEILD + WBTB tutorial:

LD Count
      In your Dream
      DJ Entries
      I'm not 100% sure i got this so correct me if i'm wrong.
      1. Wake up after 4-6 hours of sleep
      2. walk around for a while(have a drink or something)
      3.get back into bed with a mantra (not future tense)
      4.lie completely still
      5. either observe eyelids, imaine rubbing hands etc.

Next-Level EpicOneironaut Achievements:
      Tagger Second Class Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      Epic
      DJ Entries
      Yeah, I read and tried it too. Didn't work out too great for me, but I failed to do it flawlessly. Every time I analyzed my attempts, found problems, solved them, had others, solved them, had the old probs, etc. I probably didn't try it for long enough though. I modified it a bit and added some stuff that works for me, and now I get my LD's (almost) nightly

Just in case it wasn't clear initially btw, the techniques listed here are not the only ones. Read the book to see them all, it would've been impossible for Purebred to tell literally everything from the book here. It is a great tutorial though

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast