• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Lurker

Scary lucid Dream, help :o

Last night, I had a very scary lucid dream.

At first I was just having a regular dream. Then I realized I was dreaming, my dream started to fade out so I fought it back by using a technique I read online- rubbing my hands together in the dream. It worked but once I was back in the dream I had a really bad headache. This had never happened before. So I was kind of scared. This lucid dream probably lasted an hour or more. At around 10 minutes I wanted to get back to reality, so I tried every technique I knew of waking myself up. But All of the wake ups just turned into false awakenings. I was defiantly scared now. I thought that I was going to be trapped in this dream world forever and that I was stuck in a coma in the real world. My dream brain was also getting smarter. Every time I looked at my hand it would have 5 fingers on it. Every time I looked at a clock it would remain the same time. My alarm woke me up eventually at 11:00 am. I was so fucking relieved.

Later Today I got a bloody nose for some reason. Could this have anything to do with the headache I had in my dream? I should also tell you guys that I am on Celexa.

So in conclusion is there anyway that you can get out of your dream in an emergency? Some 100% success rate thing.

TL;DR: When Stuck in a lucid dream is there any emergency procedure you know of?

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      México
      DJ Entries
      There is no foolproof way to wake yourself up, however, some stuff you can try is closing your eyes and then trying to open your real eyes, kill yourself, or get excitment. Also, never be scared of the LD, you will always wake up.

DJ Entries
      Moved to Lucid Experiences

Member Achievements:
      1 year registered Referrer Bronze Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Made lots of Friends on DV
      DJ Entries
      what Walms said can work, but i rather close my dream eyes really tight then open them again, usually causes me to awaken...
      hehehe i so know what you mean by escaping your lucid dream, things can turn very very dark very quickly
      sometimes the fear you feel will hold you there even longer! wat i suggest is, using any and all things in ur dream to escape... saying this is alot easier said then done, it just takes practice and experience.. if u wanna know more from me send me a pm

DJ Entries
      Usually a jolt of fear is enough to wake me out of any dream, but if for some reason, you're finding yourself unable to wake up, try this...

I had this dream I was getting attacked by a dog... I couldn't fight it off. I didn't want to lose the lucid dream to this, but I couldn't make the dog go away, either. So, I closed my eyes and dropped to the ground. To my surprise, the dog started licking me, and we talked