Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By astralpixels

Thread: The Bed Assailant

LD Count
      Lost count.
      Mental Fiction
      DJ Entries

The Bed Assailant

No, not the guy from the projects who's climbin' in your windows...

I am posting this here because it doesn't belong in the Lucid Dream category nor the General Dream category, yet is a phenomena I've experienced up to five times now while sleeping. It's not a dream, yet it isn't real, because when it's over, I wake up in bed in the position I had gone to sleep in. I believe this is occurring on what WakingNomad calls the astral plane, the half-dream-half-real plane.

Basically, I've been attacked multiple times in bed by a "person" I've decided to call the Bed Assailant. I just had two attacks while trying to LD this afternoon. I've never seen her (after today, I've somehow decided that it's a woman). She doesn't seem to have a physical body. It's all a feeling. Yet her assaults feel extremely real. The first time it happened, I thought an actual person had climbed through the window and gotten on top of me under the sheets. Then I woke up and saw nothing.

It basically feels like attempted rape. She feels me up and sexually harasses me, and as I'm sleep-paralyzed, I can't fight back. It's not a dream, as it feels like it's actually happening on my real bed. But this afternoon I fought back by jumping at her from behind. (I still didn't see her.) And when I woke up, I wasn't prone but supine, in the exact same position I had gone to sleep in. Thus it's not real either.

I just have no idea how to explain this. I've done searches on Google, and there are no similar experiences. From what I've seen, I don't think there are any similar experiences documented on this site either. My parents think I'm too tired. But I think it's not that simple. Maybe one of you has felt something in a similar state, however.

What further leads me to think this is an occurrence in the astral plane is that I had been on the verge of an OBE this afternoon. I saw that my hand had an ethereal hand on top of it, meaning my dream body was almost out, and I tried to roll the dream body out of the real body, to no success. Then the assailant attacked.

Another possibility, however, is that this attack is part of my hypnagogic hallucinations (although I've never read anything like it). After I woke up from that attack, I went back to sleep again and I started to hear a huge static/dentist drill sound that hurt my head. I tried to make myself enter a dream scene, but it never came. Instead the assailant returned. I decided to let her have her way, but she didn't want to do me. She was feeling me but then poked two sharp fingers into my left arm, which hurt. So I fought back and then woke up, as I had said above.

I used to fear attacks from this assailant, but now I just don't know what to think of her and what I should do. I'm just totally confused. And well... it still is rather scary when it happens.

I need help here.
      stuck alone inside your head, better off dead

LD Count
      Lost count
      DJ Entries
      Well, it could be just your sleep paralysis, but im not sure.

YouTube - Sleep Paralysis 1/5 Ghost Visions

Reality Hacker Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class Made Friends on DV
      LD Count
      Hundreds
      USA
      DJ Entries
      I think these entities are real and childish. When I was a teen, I used to have friend who was all about scaring me. He would wait around for me just so he could hop out and scare me next to death. Each time he was scaring me he thought it was all good fun since no one was actually hurt. It became really annoying. I tried scaring him back but that had mixed results. Finally I just had a really short heartfelt conversation about hoe it made me feel and amazingly that worked. He tried to scare me a few more times but our relationship had changed over that talk. It took me a while to figure out what happened. I ruined it for him. Our talk had linked scaring me with all those heavy feelings and emotions, it became a moral dilemma, which was NOT what he wanted.

He and I were just friends but if this was a girl I would think she had some kind of rough sex/rape fantasy thing going on. If she was on the astral plane, then by all means I would give her all the rough sex she can handle. This too will lead to higher emotions but such is the reason for having such desires, to force their host to grow. Really your not so much being forced to be a victim but your being forced to be a teacher.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Tagger First Class Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      Texas
      DJ Entries
      What I would suggest is trying to talk to her, in dreams or next time you encounter her. Depending on your own beliefs, she may either be something like a nightmare (a sleep paralysis symptom) or an actual entity. Either way, trying to be civil may help. At the very least, to exhaust the peaceful options.

You may also be able to find more cases like yours if you search for succubus attack or something similar. Heh, there will probably be a large number of stuff about fantasy stories, but I know that at least some of the stories relate to you. As it turns out, I read a thread here on dreamviews about a succubus recently, here.

Almost definitely not the same situation, but you might be able to learn something from it. Whatever you believe, trying to talk to it is probably the best first choice. After that, if it doesn't work, you may want to look into psychic protection. Take this with a grain of salt, as I am in no way an expert at any of this.

I hope it helps, good luck!

Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      honolulu, Hawaii
      DJ Entries
      Go into meditation. Contact this entity this way. You are in control. You are awake in a sitting position. Now close your eyes and imagine this entity.

Either send peace to it, or kick its ass in your mind. Do this once during the day, and before you go to sleep.
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

zzzzzzzz.
      DJ Entries
      i have a similar story and it was also my first sleep paralysis experience, but the context of the story varies greatly from yours.

i woke up laying down on my stomach and staring at my wall seeing a shattered mirror with a reflection of my eye on it. i was confused, because everything else in my room besides that, appeared and felt normal and real. but when i tried to move i was of course paralyzed, and i began to feel that sense of terror. i then saw this entirely black hooded entity floating over my body with a flat white mask. i never felt pressure as if it was on top of me, it was just floating above me with its tattered cloak just waving in the air, but i couldnt move or scream. it then whispered in my ear some language and words that i still dont think i've ever heard before, and i could even feel its breath on my neck. eventually i touched the floor with my foot and it released me and i woke up, in that exact same position as i was in when the whole event was happening, i was wide awake and totally startled and alarmed.

for a long time i told myself it was a nightmare until i started reading about astral projection and the various astral planes. i also began to remember that i had duel vision during the event, because i was seeing through my eyes and from behind me simultaneously. which later led me to believe that while my astral body had left my physical body to go to some dream world or something, i was attacked by some entity that noticed my physical body was unattended? also the being and the shattered mirror, which obviously werent in my waking life, led me to believe that i was within a half real/half astral plane. the easier explanation is that you just hallucinated the whole event, because thats easier to swallow, but i'm sure you feel its a lot deeper than that.

i'm still very open minded to believe it could have been a number of different things, but the astral explanation is what made most sense to me. it just seems that may have been what happened to you, but the being that assualted you may have been a succubus (if you're inclined to believe in such) which would explain the malevolent and sexual nature of it. ever heard of old hag syndrome? although it's not sexual, the idea of being assaulted during sleep paralysis is more common than you might think.

i've had more experiences since that event, but i've also learned to meditate frequently and like to repeat mantras or simply ask for spirit/dream guides to guard me whenever i'm meditating or attempting to WILD. anyway sorry for the extremely long post, i hope you find a way to protect yourself.
      Last edited by astralpixels; 01-26-2011 at 11:33 PM.
      WakingNomad likes this.

DJ Entries
      Sounds like you were visited by the 'Old Hag' or even a Succubus!

Scary stuff.

LD Count
      Lost count.
      Mental Fiction
      DJ Entries
      Well, happened again today. I'm thinking it's sleep paralysis, and I tried to wait it out for 1-2 minutes, but it wouldn't end and I wouldn't enter an LD. Then I just decided to wake up. I'm gonna try WN's suggestion and try contacting it, but I'm getting the feeling it's SP and I just don't know how to control it. Haha
      stuck alone inside your head, better off dead