• Lucid Dreaming - Dream Views

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Gemstones & Crystals for Dreaming

DJ Entries

Gemstones & Crystals for Dreaming

Some common gemstones whose energies are known to be effective at producing lucid dreams, assisting in restful sleep, alleviating nightmares, etc.

Nightmares/Sleep Protection

Agate
      Agates attract strength. Agate is a protection from bad dreams. It also protects from stress and energy drains. Agates have been used in jewelry since Biblical Babylonian times. They were used to ward off storms. They were prized gems in antiquity. The agates with banded colors were placed at the head of a sleeper to give rich and varied dreams.

Malachite
      Emotionally, malachite stimulates inner imagery, making dreams, imagination and memories more alive and real. It is used in amulets to protect against the evil eye. To help get rid of nightmares, keep a piece of Malachite in your bedroom.

Chrysoprase
      Alleviates recurring nightmares (particularly for children). Chrysoprase helps to make conscious what was unconscious. It strengthens the workings of insight and the higher consciousness.

Lucid Dreaming

Scolecite
      This stone promotes inner peace and deep relaxation.

It is an excellent aid to meditation. Scolecite helps one to realize subtle messages from the inner self and from higher sources. It enhances the dream state, facilitating dream recall, lucid dreaming and restful sleep.

Labradorite
      For Daydreaming: shows us our real goals and intentions so that we suddenly see their real shape, stimulates the imagination. Labradorite is a power stone, allowing you to see through illusions and determine the actual form of your dreams and goals. It is excellent for strengthening intuitions.

Danburite
      Danburite is a very spiritual stone that carries a pure vibration. It is excellent for relief of stress and worry. Hold a danburite in each hand for a calming effect and to prepare for deep meditation.

Some uses of Danburite are: Restful sleep, lucid dreaming; Promotes angelic communication; Stimulates heart chakra; Opens one to Divine Source; Karmic cleanser

Higher Awareness/Meditation

Amethyst
      Power Stone
      It is used as a dream stone and to help insomnia. Put an amethyst under your pillow to bring about pleasant dreams, or rub it across your forehead to offer relief from a headache.

Protection Stone
      Ancient Egyptians used the amethyst guard against guilty and fearful feelings. It has been worn as protection from self-deception, as well as a protection against witchcraft. The amethyst has long been used to open the spiritual and psychic centers, making it one of the power stones. It is also used as a meditation aid when worn as a necklace.

Tiger Eye
      Tiger Eye lets you see everything. Use it for insight and you can be a very lucky person. When used in jewelry the tiger eye may bring good luck and protection from the evil eye to the wearer. It is also known to bring clear thinking and insight.

Healing properties of Tiger Eye
      Tiger's-eye or Cat's-Eye is a stone for the mind, not the body. Tiger Eye is used to focus the mind. It will cause the mind to have feeling of oneness and feel more direct in all thoughts. It makes one aware of one's own needs related to the needs of others.

Seraphinite
      This stone is especially beautiful with its silvery white shimmering patterns on a sea green background. It's name is derived from the Seraphim (Angels of the highest order) and this stone is used to establish connections to the angelic realm. It carries these vibrations: Greater awareness of the Divine Feminine; Restoration of health and balance; Connects the physical with the angelic realm; Encourages living from the heart

Celestite
      Celestite (also known as celestine) offers a gentle uplifting energy that will raise one's awareness. It is an effective stone to use in order to establish and maintain communication with the angelic realm.

This stone is ideal for placement in the bedroom, or meditation space as an environmental cleanser. Celestite is a soft stone (both physically and metaphysically) and its vibrations radiate in all directions. Celestite is an elevating crystal that makes one feel as though floating on a cloud.

Ohio celestite (tabular celestite)
      This is considered the most powerful of the celestites. Gentle, yet very strong, this celestite is used to open the third eye to higher dimensions. Ohio celestite is effective in strengthening psychic abilities as well as mental capacity for inspiration, learning skills and discipline.

Above info from: Crystal-Cure

Below info from: Energy Healing Info: Crystals for Lucid Dreaming and Dream Recall

DREAM STONES

Amethyst for Dream Recall: A crown chakra crystal (7th chakra) that brings a connection to higher divinity. This stone is useful for dream recall. It will also promote peaceful sleep and serenity. It deepens meditations and will aid in deepening dreams as well. It will aid in insomnia.

Ametrine for Dream Wisdom: A crown chakra crystal (7th Chakra). Ametrine is a natural blend of Amethyst and Citrine inclusions. Ametrine will aid you in accessing your higher wisdom in the dream realms.

Azurite for Accessing Intuition through Dreams: A third eye chakra crystal (6th Chakra).Azurite heightens psychic awareness and intuition. It will aid you in opening up to the intuitive potentials of your dreams. This is an excellent stone for use with dream work, and is recommended as one of the top stones to choose if you don't already have one picked out.

Clear Quartz for Amplifying Dreams: All seven chakras. Clear quartz is an amplifier. It is especially beneficial for use in dream work to amplify the vividity of your dreams and the recollection of your dreams upon awakening. Clear quartz is easily programmed for any purpose, and can be programmed to work as a dream stone.

Lepidolite for Nightmares and Insomnia: Crown Chakra (7th Chakra). Lepidolite is a calming crystal. It contains the natural substance lithium which has been used by modern science to calm agitated individuals. You can access the calming effects of lithium without resorting to prescription drugs simply by keeping lepidolite in your home or on your body. Lepidolite is useful for people with bad dreams, interrupted sleep patterns,anxiety or insomnia. Often times these three factors will keep a person from having good dream recall. If you frequently experience any of these three factors, consider Lepidolite for your dreamwork.

Moldavite for Transformative Dream Work: All seven chakras. Moldavite is a powerful stone of transformation. If you are wanting to do some serious dreamwork, use moldavite in conjunction with any of the stones listed above. Moldavite can change your life, by working with it in your dreamwork, it will help you to facilitate faster growth in any area you are focused on, whether dream recall, lucid dreaming, or astral travel.

CRYSTAL UNDER PILLOW: BASIC DREAM TECHNIQUE

This is for all of you who want the quick and easy answer of how to aid dream recall, depth of dreams, and lucid dreaming. Take a stone you are drawn to and ask it to aid your visions and recall. Place the stone under your pillow and see what happens!

Every night before you go to bed, hold the stone in your left hand and ask it to bring you dreams that will help you discover your higher path in life or that clarify whatever issue is most at hand in your life. For example, if you are confused about a work situation, ask the stone and your spirit guides to bring you a dream that will clarify the path of highest good. If you are worried about disagreements with a loved one, ask the stone and your spirit guides to bring you a dream that will clarify the best direction to take for harmony with your loved one.

These are just examples, focus on the most pressing issue in your life that you want guidance on. Simply ask for clarity from your spirit guides, angel guides, animal totems, Jesus, Buddha, whomever it is that you personally choose to work with. The stone will act as a conduit to bring their higher wisdoms to you. You can use any stone for this exercise. Several good ones are clear quartz, amethyst, azurite, sodalite, moldavite, and zincite.

PROGRAM A CRYSTAL FOR DREAM INTUITIONS

If you feel like it, program the stone to your specific request before using it. Visit the programming your crystal page for a detailed how-to list on programming a stone. A condensed version focused on programming a stone for dream recall, astral travel, and lucid dreaming is here. Clear the crystal of previous programming or old energies. This can be done by cleansing the crystal thoroughly. If you are short on time, and the crystal has been cleansed recently, simply hold it under running water for a few minutes and ask your higher spirit and angel guides to clear the old programming out of the stone.

First, cleanse your crystal. This can be accomplished by holding it under running water for a few moments as a quick and easy method, or for a more intensive cleansing leave it outside in a bowl of water overnight. Once your chosen dream crystal has been cleansed, meditate with the stone in your hands. It is beneficial to create a calm, serene environment while you are doing this. Some ideas are burning candles or incense, playing a cd of new age music, and smudging your home with sage. Whatever you find peaceful, just make sure you are in a calm, focused state before beginning the programming process. Hold the crystal in your hands and gaze upon it.

As you gaze at the stone, visualize yourself sleeping comfortably in your bed. Envision a soothing blue light encircling you and your entire bed. The blue light is a portal to the dream world. Envision your stone tucked under your pillow or mattress, or sitting on top of your nightstand. The stone is circled in the blue light also. The blue light dream portal is now open to you. With the assistance of your stone, you can travel through the dream portal to the dream world. You can easily pass back and forth, remembering details of this plane and the dream plane.

Now ask your stone to aid you in your dreaming. Ask for increased dream recall, lucid dreaming, astral travel, and guidance in your dreams. Thank your stone for undertaking the task of dream guardian for you. The stone will keep you safe in the dream realms, moving towards your highest purpose, and the knowledge that your higher self wants to share with you.

Seal the intention into your crystal by envisioning a white light surrounding the stone, and emanating from within it. The new vibrations are now stored in the crystal. The dream program will stay until you clear the crystal again.

Every night before you fall asleep, hold the dream stone in your left hand (the left hand is for receiving energies, the right hand is for sending energies) and thank it for aiding you. Say, "Thank you for helping me to remember my dreams tonight. Thank you for helping me receive guidance from my spirit guides in my dreams tonight. Thank you for helping me receive guidance regarding (insert any special issue you are trying to resolve) in my dreams tonight." Hold the dream stone to your third eye for a minute and concentrate your energies on the third eye. Meditate on the energies of your stone. Then place your dream stone near your bed. Common places are under your pillow, under your mattress, under your bed, or on your night stand.

Note: Say the thank you's out loud. There is more power in the human voice than is currently recognized by modern science. Intoning the words starts a vibration that penetrates through to the spirit world. Another tip is to always use a positive affirmation. Instead of saying "Thank you for taking away my bad dreams". "Say Thank you for bringing me joyful dreams tonight."

USA
      Nice rocks!!! When my sister was still alive, she knew all about this topic and kept various gemstones around. This thread brought back pleasant memories of discussing this and playfully joking with her over it.

One of the things she believed was that if you dropped a stone, it meant that for some reason it didn't like you or was not compatible with you. Still after all these years when I drop one, that's the first thing that comes to mind and I smile!

How long did it take you to create this topic?? Looks like you've put a lot of effort into it. Thanks!
      Last edited by Seeker; 01-22-2010 at 06:56 PM.
      you must be the change you wish to see in the world...
      -gandhi

DJ Entries
      Thanks Seekman. I never knew you had a sister that passed away...though I'm sure there's still lots we don't know about each other, but I'm glad to hear this thread brought back some happy memories. I think the idea about dropping stones is just brilliant...it's fun to think that they can have a mind of their own. ...but I have these little round marble gemstones that I drop ALL the time! I hope they don't hate me. It does actually feel like they're trying to escape me sometimes, because they're round of course so if I drop it, it bounces and then rolls under something and hides. I always feel bad after I drop a stone. I have to pick it up and wipe it off and check for chips and nicks...and then I feel guilty and put the stone away into a soft pouch and hope it will forgive me. I used to have such steady hands...but not anymore. I dunno how I turned into such a klutz.

Melodic Dreamer Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

austria/vienna
      some time ago my friend gave me a Danburite - it was a gift.
      on new years eve i got the idea to put it under my pillow to see if it could help me with LD.
      during my sleep i saw my friend (who gave me the stone). all of a sudden i got the humming noise and was about to WILD but the force was weak.
      i was very surprized, because it worked.

i tried the experiment the other night and once again i was about to WILD but couldn´t get far away.

the third night was calm and unspectacular. i removed the crystal from my pillow.

i might try this 2nite again

very curious you mention this now. i also was thinking to program my stone to help me. i might try it soon.
      thanks for this thread.

peace and embraces
      SA

DJ Entries
      You're welcome. That's very interesting...I'm curious to hear your results if you do try it again, please post.

Right now I currently keep two stones near my pillow every night. A beautiful milky blue Angelite tumbled stone, and a Rose Quartz Sphere. I also have a glass locket necklace where I keep 7 tiny chakra stones, along with two others for special purposes.

Currently I have a real affinity for any angelic milky blue stones, or caribbean blues and greens.

I only today just discovered this new stone and my jaw hit the ground. I cannot believe how gorgeous it is!!!! (but too pricey lol)

Larimar, or Atlantis Stone, or Dolphin Stone
      Larimar is a relatively new find that occurs one place on earth - on the island of Hispaniola, in the Caribbean Sea.

Named for Mr. Mendez’s daughter “Larissa” and the Spanish word for sea “Mar”, Larimar contains the blue hues of the caribbean sea, with white and gray 'clouds'. It is a stunning stone. The available quantity at the mine is unknown, which makes the future supply of Larimar uncertain.

Some believe that larimar is the blue stone with extraordinary healing powers that Edgar Cayce predicted would be discovered in the Caribbean, where he said part of Atlantis could be found.

Larimar awakens feminine power and soothes the emotions.
      Created by volcanic activity, it balances water and fire energy
      Powerful throat chakra stone, assists in expression of emotions
      Teaches respect, love and nurturing
      Cleanses unhealthy emotional blocks, releases attachments
      Excellent for pregnant or new mothers to relieve depression and stress

and...

I really want one of these Blue Calcite spheres!
      (I love spheres, they're just so perfect)

Blue Calcite (did you know that calcite is actually found in your pineal gland and is what causes it to vibrate? Linking to that vibration can be extremely powerful). Calcite is a powerful amplifier and cleanser of various types of energies.

Increases psychic ability; Assists in astral travel; Brings about stability; Calming stone; Stimulates trust in oneself; Enhances memory; Effective against laziness

And this one I keep next to my pillow (a tumbled stone, not an egg)

Angelite
      ...a stone of heightened awareness, with special focus on peace and brotherhood. It is used to facilitate contact with angels. This stone is formed from celestite that has been compressed for many millions of years.

Promotes compassion and understanding; Helps you to speak the truth when this is difficult; Alleviates psychological pain; Enhances astrological understanding; Increases telepathy; Facilitates contact with angels; Angelite as a healing stone

So I'm curious...does anyone else have a certain affinity for a specific stone? Please post your favorite stones/crystals, and let us know how you use them and if they help you.

LD Count
      Australia
      Aquanina, what are your personal experiences with gemstones and lucid dreaming?

LRT
      Light Rail Transit
      LD Count
      Toronto
      DJ Entries
      Shouldn't this be in BD?

San Antonio, TX
      DJ Entries
      thanks, this is helpful, and I'd like to know some of your personal experiences too

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by LRT View Post
      Shouldn't this be in BD?
      I don't think so, this directly has to do with Attaining Lucidity. The initial topic at least is mostly for Attaining Lucidity...but if the thread ventures too much into the BD realm, then perhaps I shall move it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashdance View Post
      Aquanina, what are your personal experiences with gemstones and lucid dreaming?
      Quote Originally Posted by juroara View Post
      thanks, this is helpful, and I'd like to know some of your personal experiences too
      I'm actually very new to the concept of using crystals and gemstones for specific things. I'm actually waiting for the right lucid dreaming stone to choose me, before I actually stick anything under my pillow (the stones I currently feel most drawn to are not for lucid dreaming but other purposes, so maybe I do not need a LDing stone in my life right now?). As I mentioned, I keep a few stones near my pillow and some around my neck, but they aren't really programmed for dreaming. I've mostly used stones thus far in chakra healing and increasing psychic awareness...but I look forward to program a special one for lucid dreaming purposes and see what happens.
      Last edited by nina; 01-23-2010 at 12:30 PM.

LD Count
      UK
      DJ Entries
      I don't generally believe in this stuff, but this was very interesting

Got some amethyst lying around somewhere, might try it tonight

LD Count
      Lost count!
      United States
      Careful what stones you buy, some are said to reflect what mood you are feeling, say you're upset it can bring upon negative energy! You do not want negative energy, I recommend some moon rocks to get rid of negativity. Moon rocks won't help with lucids, however if they rid all negativity you have a better chance at gaining lucidity in a place surrounded with positive energy!

-Chase
      AstralMango likes this.

Member Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal 1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      House on a hill far far away... England!
      DJ Entries
      O wow! I'm glad other people put stones under their pillow too! I have some in a pouch that I always keep under the pillow, I don't know why I put them there, or even when I started doing it, guess i just though it would help clear my thoughts

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Dreamdreamdream17 View Post
      O wow! I'm glad other people put stones under their pillow too! I have some in a pouch that I always keep under the pillow, I don't know why I put them there, or even when I started doing it, guess i just though it would help clear my thoughts
      Neat, what stones do you have in there? Do you know what they all are? I find that I instinctively do things that just sort of...feel right...then later I read about it online and always am pleasantly surprised. Sort of like in your case, it probably just felt right to put them under your pillow. Maybe just because they are special and you thought you wanted to keep them near, or like you said you thought it would help clear thoughts. But you don't actually realize that this is a common practice, or know why people do this. I love little synchronicities like that.

edit: also, Chase makes a good point...some stones should actually only be used by a practiced energy healer, and you do need to read about what sort of stones are used for what reasons. Most importantly, you need to find stones that call out to you in some way, and when you buy a new stone...you really need to cleanse it thoroughly, b/c there's no knowing what sort of energy it may have picked up along the way
      Last edited by nina; 01-23-2010 at 09:23 PM.
      chase likes this.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      I have a bowl of crystals in my room too, so i could swap them round, i do know a few of them and what they can do. Hold on, I'll go check what the ones under the pillow are XD

Melodic Dreamer Achievements:
      1000 Hall Points Veteran First Class

austria/vienna
      ok, so here is what happenend last night:

many vivid dreams.

seriously my mind was somehow clear and i could think logically which doesn´t happen regulary.

i didn´t become lucid however and no WILD signs

gonna continue 2nite

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by SonatArctica View Post
      ok, so here is what happenend last night:

many vivid dreams.

seriously my mind was somehow clear and i could think logically which doesn´t happen regulary.

i didn´t become lucid however and no WILD signs

gonna continue 2nite
      Thanks for the update. I might head to my local Metaphysical store and check out their selection of stones...I feel like I really want a stone specifically for dreaming under my pillow.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Okay so there's a Dalmation, Rhodonite, Howlite, Black Tourmailne and Agate (I think)

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Dreamdreamdream17 View Post
      Okay so there's a Dalmation, Rhodonite, Howlite, Black Tourmailne and Agate (I think)
      What a pretty set of stones. Pink, White, and Black. I just looked up Black Tourmaline, it sounds like a great stone. Black stones are so mysterious...great for scrying.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      yeah I looked them up too and they seem like good ones for dreaming. And don't worry, I clense my stones before i use them so they're not clouded with other peoples energy and sturrf

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      Ugh I had a dream last night that my friends were eating my crystals, I was not happy, especially when they ate my favourite ones!! :/

DJ Entries
      lol! I had a dream about shopping for new gemstones...I wish I could remember which ones I picked out in the dream.

Marin County, CA
      not too long ago i had a dream where a stranger offered me a crystal... first i picked a clear one but for some reason i wound up with the rose quartz one instead... i loved that dream because it showed me that my heart energy was most resonant...

interestingly, my power crystal in dreams is an angel crystal! it supposedly helps connect us to higher frequencies and do all sorts of neat stuff.

i think the crystals we choose in our dreams can also be very powerful.

thanks for this thread... gives me some ideas of other choices i could make!

DJ Entries
      You are very welcome. Thanks for sharing that...it's very interesting to dream about crystals. I hope I will dream about them more.

Marin County, CA
      tonight i will try this,
      thanks for the suggestions!

Lucid Master of Flight Achievements:
      Created Dream Journal Made lots of Friends on DV 5000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      LD Count
      untouchable
      The sky
      DJ Entries
      funny thing is when i was younger i used tiger's eye o meditate. It's something i did naturally, i was always drawn to the stone and when i had it in my pocket during meditation my mind could focus better. So i turned it into a necklace, sadly when my best friend moved away i gave him the stone, hoping it would be a key somehow in us finding each other later in life (rambeling). I i used to have a mind's eye medallion carved from tigers eye that i would place above my head at nighton my headboard and it always seemed to help me with my sleep meditations, with clearing my mind at the end of the day, and relaxing so i could reflect better. I think i'll try to locate the medallion again. Thanks Nina

"MementoMori, the lucid machine"

"There's nothing better than knowing what it's like to fly like superman. Being fully aware of the air whipping by you, controlling every movement of every single atom in your body with a single thought. It's real freedom, and there's not a word good enough to describe it, so I'll just call it dreamy for now."

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast