Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Why I am not Trying to Prove Shared Dreaming

Night Stalker <span class='glow_000000'>Baron Samedi</span>'s Avatar
      LD Count
      honolulu, Hawaii
      DJ Entries

Why I am not Trying to Prove Shared Dreaming

People keep asking me to prove shared dreaming. No. It's not that I refuse, it's that I cannot.

Please understand, that on my own, behind the scenes, without telling everyone on DV, I have contacted every scientist in the U.S. that studies dreams. No one is interested in shared dreaming experiments. They are probably afraid of studying the "paranormal" because they are afraid it will ruin their reputation.

All shared dreaming experiments over the internet will always be flawed because it's impossible to keep the dreamers from contacting each other.

The only way to prove shared dreaming scientifically is to isolate the dreamers in sleep labs.

So many people want to be convinced. This I do not understand. "Convince me, then I'll try it," seems to be a pervasive attitude. Why? What have you got to lose by trying shared dreaming? You are asleep anyway for chrissakes.

I cannot prove shared dreaming is real. You cannot prove it is not real. If you think it might be, and are interested, I may relate to you my experiences with the phenomenon. If you don't believe it, why are you wasting your time trying to convince people that it's not real? Why don't you instead spend that energy doing research on how to become lucid more often, for example? Or, ask your Dream Guide about shared dreaming? If you haven't met your Dream Guide, I strongly suggest you do.

Another thing that a lot of people fail to realize, is that a lot of people that can do shared dreaming regularly are advanced lucid dreamers. My point in saying that is that regular shared dreaming is an advanced skill that must be built up to. Rome was not built in a day.

I have been having lucid dreams ever since I was a child. I have been controlling my dreams for about twenty years. My first confirmed shared dream was six years ago.

Raven Knight did shared dreaming repeatedly for years, around ten I think, before we met.

It does take effort, practice and intent. Please do not be discouraged because you do not get it on a few tries. Raven and I got it on the first try, true, but both of us had already had confirmed shared dreams.

WORK

You must research different methods of Recall and Lucidity.

You must be open-minded.

You must tenaciously persist.

You must really put your intent into it.

You must be patient with yourself.

Shared Dreaming is not easy, but it is rewarding.
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

DJ Entries
      You even contacted Stephen LaBerge? He seemed more into, "out there" ideas. Good post none the less.

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      I get your point, good post.

LD Count
      honolulu, Hawaii
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Zebrah View Post
      You even contacted Stephen LaBerge? He seemed more into, "out there" ideas. Good post none the less.
      Yes. He did not respond.

The only one that did is Frank Pascoe. He is actually doing a dissertation on Shared Dreaming. I emailed him, he emailed back, I replied, and I haven't heard from him since. That was a year ago. I just resent the email.

I also talked to the founder of Stargate on the phone for about 45 minutes, but that's a story for another day. I am emailing Dean Radin right now.
      ya gwan fok wid de Baron? ye gotta nodda ting comin. (Formerly known as Baking Nomad.)

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV 1000 Hall Points Tagger Second Class Populated Wall Referrer Bronze Created Dream Journal 10000 Hall Points Veteran First Class
      DJ Entries
      Interesting. If shared dreaming was proved though. I doubt it would change much. The mass public are naturally skeptical of anything supernatural. Even with proof skepticism will still remain

LD Count
      honolulu, Hawaii
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Atras View Post
      Interesting. If shared dreaming was proved though. I doubt it would change much. The mass public are naturally skeptical of anything supernatural. Even with proof skepticism will still remain
      Japanese scientists have proved that light literally comes out of our bodies, mostly around our eyes and mouth. Of course, this did not make mainstream news.
      Chimpertainment and Lynn like this.

Skypedia
      I think if you want to proof shared dreaming, you must find some practical application that makes shared dreaming useful.. but what could that be?
      "Reject common sense to make the impossible possible." -Kamina

"O" will suffice. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Gold Veteran First Class Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Central Florida
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by WakingNomad View Post
      Japanese scientists have proved that light literally comes out of our bodies, mostly around our eyes and mouth. Of course, this did not make mainstream news.
      This is actually a well-known (and widely-accepted) phenomenon known as black body radiation. It is all matter, not just humans, that give off this light; most of which is infra-red.

A black body is an idealized physical body that absorbs all incident electromagnetic radiation. Because of this perfect absorptivity at all wavelengths, a black body is also the best possible emitter of thermal radiation, which it radiates incandescently in a characteristic, continuous spectrum that depends on the body's temperature. At Earth-ambient temperatures this emission is in the infrared region of the electromagnetic spectrum and not visible. The object appears black, since it does not reflect or emit any visible light.

The thermal radiation from a black body is energy converted electrodynamically from the body's pool of internal thermal energy at any temperature greater than absolute zero. It is called blackbody radiation and has a frequency distribution with a characteristic frequency of maximum radiative power that shifts to higher frequencies with increasing temperature. As the temperature increases past a few hundred degrees Celsius, black bodies start to emit visible wavelengths, appearing red, orange, yellow, white, and blue with increasing temperature. When an object is visually white, it is emitting a substantial fraction as ultraviolet light.

Blackbody emission provides insight into the thermodynamic equilibrium state of the source of a continuous field. According to the equipartition theorem in classical physics, each Fourier mode or degree of freedom should have the same energy when in equilibrium. This approach led to the paradox known as the ultraviolet catastrophe, that there would be an infinite amount of energy in any continuous field. The study of the laws of the black body led to some of the foundations of quantum mechanics.

The term black body was introduced by Gustav Kirchhoff in 1860. When used as a compound adjective, the term is typically written as one word in US English, e.g. in blackbody radiation, but sometimes also hyphenated, as in black-body radiation.

Black body - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      As all matter, the human body radiates some of a person's energy away as infrared light.
      Black body - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      I do find it interesting, though. In fact, I wonder if certain peoples' alleged ability to see auras is, more specifically, their ability to detect these levels of infra-red light.
      Last edited by Oneironaut Zero; 01-18-2011 at 09:48 PM.
      http://i.imgur.com/Ke7qCcF.jpg
      (Or see the very best of my journal entries @ dreamwalkerchronicles.blogspot)

I've Returned Achievements:
      Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran Second Class 10000 Hall Points
      USA
      Quote Originally Posted by ChaybaChayba View Post
      I think if you want to proof shared dreaming, you must find some practical application that makes shared dreaming useful.. but what could that be?
      You can't know anything practical about it if you don't know anything about it.

Member Achievements:
      Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      They explained "auras" at school a year ago. When you stare at anything for long enough, expecially when the object and the background have "counter colours", you start to get glowing around the object. It´s just that.
      Back to golden age

Referrer Bronze Populated Wall Made lots of Friends on DV Veteran Second Class 10000 Hall Points
      USA
      Quote Originally Posted by Ghost94 View Post
      They explained "auras" at school a year ago. When you stare at anything for long enough, expecially when the object and the background have "counter colours", you start to get glowing around the object. It´s just that.
      This thread isn't about auras or meant to be for the discussion of auras. It's meant to discuss why WakingNomad can't prove shared dreaming and whatever else the post says.
      Last edited by Snowboy; 01-18-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Member Achievements:
      Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points
      Quote Originally Posted by Snowboy View Post
      This thread isn't about auras or meant to be for the discussion of auras. It's meant to discuss why WakingNomad can't prove shared dreaming and whatever else the post says.
      Read Oneironaut´s post..
      Back to golden age

Member Achievements:
      Made lots of Friends on DV Populated Wall Veteran First Class 5000 Hall Points Referrer Bronze Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      México
      DJ Entries
      Oneironauts post is on-topic, however. He gave the whole article nomad talked about that isn't on mainstream news. The reply might talk about Auras, but the point isn't auras, it is the study itself.

USA
      Quote Originally Posted by Ghost94 View Post
      Read Oneironaut´s post..
      Quote Originally Posted by Hukif View Post
      Oneironauts post is on-topic, however. He gave the whole article nomad talked about that isn't on mainstream news. The reply might talk about Auras, but the point isn't auras, it is the study itself.
      It just helped to provide some information on the subject. In WakingNomad's post he was just trying to make a point, not start a whole discussion on auras. Plus, this is also

Back to the subject, please.
      Oneironaut Zero likes this.

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by ChaybaChayba View Post
      If someone is try to prove shared dreaming there doesn't need to be a practical application. Lucid dreaming doesn't really have a practical application aside from helping people with nightmares. Yet it is still proven. I think of you were looking for something then long distance relations would be something practical.
      Snowboy likes this.

USA
      Quote Originally Posted by Zebrah View Post
      If someone is try to prove shared dreaming there doesn't need to be a practical application. Lucid dreaming doesn't really have a practical application aside from helping people with nightmares. Yet it is still proven. I think of you were looking for something then long distance relations would be something practical.
      Ah, yes, you have just made me think of a practical side to shared dreaming. If the dream plane turns out to be real, proven, and resembles the physical plane when undisturbed, it could possibly be used to study and visit far-off places, learn things we have never known before, and pick up a tip or two for use on physical Earth. For example, we could learn some technology from the dream plane, get some new ideas to things, and possibly get in contact with alien species.

I doubt you can say shared dreaming has no practical side to it if it turns out to be real and resembling to the physical world. It just offers too many possibilities. Of course, if research and technology developments through it is difficult/impossible, we can always have fun with it and see what we can do with it.

"O" will suffice. Achievements:
      1 year registered Made lots of Friends on DV Referrer Gold Veteran First Class Populated Wall Tagger First Class 25000 Hall Points Vivid Dream Journal
      LD Count
      20+ Years Worth
      Central Florida
      DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Snowboy
      I doubt you can say shared dreaming has no practical side to it if it turns out to be real and resembling to the physical world. It just offers too many possibilities.
      Exactly. The practical application, itself, would be in how many different doors of possibilities would be opened. If shared dreaming was proven real, it would open up research into all kinds of psychic phenomena, because it would prove that there is some "psychic" connection between humans. It would no longer be speculation. It would, literally, change the world.
      http://i.imgur.com/Ke7qCcF.jpg
      (Or see the very best of my journal entries @ dreamwalkerchronicles.blogspot)

USA
      Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
      It would, literally, change the world.
      I'm just hoping that this is what 2012 is about. 2012 is supposed to change the world, so why not?

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      So maybe someone will prove it by 2012. Lol I'd like to believe that 2012 is something positive, not the end of the world

Banned
      I'm just hoping that this is what 2012 is about. 2012 is supposed to change the world, so why not?
      HEY YOU!!! THIS ISNT ABOUT 2012, ITS ABOUT SHARED DREAMING YOU CAD!!

Next time you want to make a single line statement sort of related to the discussed topic, you better make your own thread!!!

Oh and btw. in 2012 the sun will most likely destroy every mode of modern communication (cell phones, internet, TV, etc.) by way of disabling all satellite capabilities. This has been reported on major news networks, has been known for years by the government, and according to NASA will be like 20 Hurricane Katrinas in the first year alone. And thats just the US.

I will be happy to be electricity free communicating with the dreamers of the world letting each other know whats going on. Perhaps we can teach the younger ones these "secrets" and come out the other side of this Gaia balancing act a more aware species. We will see i suppose. I'm just psyched about psyching with other psychers.
      Last edited by Chimpertainment; 01-18-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Banned
      Quote Originally Posted by WakingNomad View Post
      "our body is light, we are immortal"

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries

USA
      Quote Originally Posted by Chimpertainment View Post
      HEY YOU!!! THIS ISNT ABOUT 2012, ITS ABOUT SHARED DREAMING YOU CAD!!

Next time you want to make a single line statement sort of related to the discussed topic, you better make your own thread!!!
      That was an absolute waste of a post.
      Lynn and Man of Shred like this.

Member Achievements:
      DJ Entries
      That was an absolute waste of a post.
      I agree

DJ Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Oneironaut View Post
      Exactly. The practical application, itself, would be in how many different doors of possibilities would be opened. If shared dreaming was proven real, it would open up research into all kinds of psychic phenomena, because it would prove that there is some "psychic" connection between humans. It would no longer be speculation. It would, literally, change the world.
      Shared dreaming is something that would be hard to use to turn a profit. That is the real reason funding is non existent. But if a philanthropist decided to donate money to research, things would get done.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast